Author Topic: Dad Board  (Read 5640 times)

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • sup dog
Re: Dad Board
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2024, 03:59:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He’s chill, I’ve seen him around a bit and he sold me an anti hero board and a heroin egg with aces, such a good deck (thanks dad!) I watch all his vids.

I told him we didn’t hate him here and voila he started posting. Good to have you here now dude.
[close]
Noice.

Did any of the other “skateboarders on YouTube” (*new PC term dubbed by Ben on the NineClub, ha) ever post on Slap? Just curious.

Yeah welcome Dad Board. I haven’t been here long either. Maybe you’d be good enough to answer questions up here on stuff from your vid if you’re up for it.
[close]

Yeah for sure, man! Happy to answer any questions
Sick, thanks mayne.

So, older vid, but did you ever go back to that really nicely waxed curved ledge? Or seen any pro footage of it?

Also, got any back tail advice? :o
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2024, 04:44:23 PM »
Been watching him for a while, very relatable content, nice spots, and seems like a decent guy.

Would gnar

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1243
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2024, 08:08:19 AM »
couldnt take a little confrontation and focussed 😂

Gland Dongzig

• Rep: 50
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2024, 10:48:01 AM »

Aka someone finally gave him a tour of our premises.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2024, 11:29:10 AM »
I hope bro wasn't rubbed the wrong way by all the SF discourse in the black rock security guard thread

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

BigScorpion420

• Rep: 0
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2024, 12:13:01 PM »
Dadboard is tight. The videos always make me want to skate. Digging the orchard stickers in recent videos, when you coming to Boston dad?

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2024, 12:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aka someone finally gave him a tour of our premises.
Damn, it was cool seeing him around here. Could you give a brief summary of what happened?

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2024, 12:55:31 PM »
couldnt take a little confrontation and focussed

What was the confrontation? Only thing I could find was the discussion about SF being an alleged shithole, but that was a very mild disagreement, right?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2024, 01:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
couldnt take a little confrontation and focussed
[close]

What was the confrontation? Only thing I could find was the discussion about SF being an alleged shithole, but that was a very mild disagreement, right?

i was wondering too...any insights?

Can he read

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2024, 01:41:09 PM »
Hey dudes, dadboard here. I focused my other account because I got too high and started over analyzing my participation on the thread about blackrock. It was self immolation tbh, nothing against the board or anyone here. I decided to create a new account not associated with my YT channel. At least I’ll have a bit of anonymity unless someone feels like digging around.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2024, 02:03:13 PM »
Hey dudes, dadboard here. I focused my other account because I got too high and started over analyzing my participation on the thread about blackrock. It was self immolation tbh, nothing against the board or anyone here. I decided to create a new account not associated with my YT channel. At least I’ll have a bit of anonymity unless someone feels like digging around.
lol.  Welcome back

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 02:12:55 PM »

That's what happens when you smoke the marijuana
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Can he read

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2024, 02:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's what happens when you smoke the marijuana

Sometimes I chill out after a long day and play Skyrim, sometimes I get existential dread and contemplate deleting social media permanently, just depends on the strain  8)

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2024, 02:23:59 PM »
I decided to create a new account not associated with my YT channel. At least I’ll have a bit of anonymity unless someone feels like digging around.

Smart! Welcome back!

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2024, 03:37:15 PM »
Lol

A bIt oF aNoNyMiTy
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Can he read

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2024, 03:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Lol

A bIt oF aNoNyMiTy

Well, at least not have my identity on full display right out of the gate, just for my own peace of mind. I be trippin sometimes.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2024, 05:13:33 PM »
Fair enough, sorry for being a dick. You’re still braver than most (including me) by doxxing yourself even this much. We all get in our heads from time to time. Just don’t take these faceless idiots too seriously (again, including me).
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Can he read

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2024, 05:18:50 PM »
Fair enough, sorry for being a dick. You’re still braver than most (including me) by doxxing yourself even this much. We all get in our heads from time to time. Just don’t take these faceless idiots too seriously (again, including me).

I was a line cook for like 10 years I’m not trippin on some lighthearted shit talk, man lol. I’m no saint. 🤝

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2024, 11:21:44 AM »
I watch. I enjoy it. It's like what been doing too pretty much.

Nothing but fun and product sampling. We about the same level of oomph too so it translates well.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2024, 09:38:51 PM »

Some useful information for those who are interested

Never forget:

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2024, 10:24:21 PM »
He skated the Generator 9.0 twin egg in the previous video, got me interested in trying a shaped board without spending $75 on a Heroin deck.

Funny how Generator blacklisted Ben for selling their blanks, and now they're giving Dad Board decks for helping to send orders their way.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2024, 02:23:45 AM »
Ol' Daddy focused his alt account too?  Guess he's gone full anono mode like the rest of us.  G'day Dad Board. 
Funny how Generator blacklisted Ben for selling their blanks, and now they're giving Dad Board decks for helping to send orders their way.
what's this all about?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2024, 03:20:01 AM »
Ol' Daddy focused his alt account too?  Guess he's gone full anono mode like the rest of us.  G'day Dad Board. 
Expand Quote
[close]
what's this all about?

It's not on Ben's channel anymore but back when he did his "own" decks under Canada Skate Shop he told his viewers that they were boards from Generator. Generator didn't like that he had revealed an industry secret and stopped selling to him, so he tried Clutch (which screwed him over with sub-par quality decks), Life skateboards and some China boards, which ultimately lead to him stepping away from the board brand since he couldn't consistent get decks up to his standards.

Dad Board mentioned Slap in his egg board review video, thought he was just a lurker.

I guess Generator is acutely feeling the dip in demand and would rather sell something via skatesamples.com at a lower margin than try to maintain the open secret.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2024, 10:14:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
what's this all about?
[close]

It's not on Ben's channel anymore but back when he did his "own" decks under Canada Skate Shop he told his viewers that they were boards from Generator. Generator didn't like that he had revealed an industry secret and stopped selling to him, so he tried Clutch (which screwed him over with sub-par quality decks), Life skateboards and some China boards, which ultimately lead to him stepping away from the board brand since he couldn't consistent get decks up to his standards.

Dad Board mentioned Slap in his egg board review video, thought he was just a lurker.

I guess Generator is acutely feeling the dip in demand and would rather sell something via skatesamples.com at a lower margin than try to maintain the open secret.

Oh he's still here, now he's just like sting in wcw watching from the rafters. I don't know what his new handle is though.

Never forget:

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2024, 07:22:57 PM »
Dad bloard is cool as fuck. Thread worthy channel for sure
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2024, 09:41:36 PM »

Some useful information for those who are interested

Forgot he was from Sacto until I noticed the DPFC.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2024, 08:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
what's this all about?
[close]

Wondered what happened to his boards, and didn’t know Generator spat the dummy. Thanks!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2024, 09:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
what's this all about?
[close]

[close]

Wondered what happened to his boards, and didn’t know Generator spat the dummy. Thanks!

Canada Skate Shop is still in business, I think they're still getting blanks from Life Skateboards or maybe just selling leftovers. With Generator seeling blanks D2C it would be really hard for "we sell blank decks" shops to stay in business.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

CarcassToss

• Rep: 25
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2024, 09:47:49 AM »
It's cool to see these channels get shine but I feel like they're all just DLX product flow promotion now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 12:59:55 PM by CarcassToss »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2024, 05:36:22 PM »
It's cool to see these channels get shine but I feel like they're all just DLX product flow promotion now.

DLX realizing the importance of micro-influencer marketing - lots of guys on Shoes & Gear picked up the new Spitfire 93a wheels and the Easy Rider shape after the initial reviews dropped from Dad Board and Ben. They recognize the content their core demographic consumes and strategically targeted it, sure beats having great product languish on the shelf because of zero market awareness.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m