Author Topic: Dad Board  (Read 5638 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
Re: Dad Board
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2024, 02:59:04 AM »
Expand Quote
It's cool to see these channels get shine but I feel like they're all just DLX product flow promotion now.
[close]

DLX realizing the importance of micro-influencer marketing - lots of guys on Shoes & Gear picked up the new Spitfire 93a wheels and the Easy Rider shape after the initial reviews dropped from Dad Board and Ben. They recognize the content their core demographic consumes and strategically targeted it, sure beats having great product languish on the shelf because of zero market awareness.

Currently riding both said products lol

malevy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2024, 06:52:06 AM »
Expand Quote
It's cool to see these channels get shine but I feel like they're all just DLX product flow promotion now.
[close]

DLX realizing the importance of micro-influencer marketing - lots of guys on Shoes & Gear picked up the new Spitfire 93a wheels and the Easy Rider shape after the initial reviews dropped from Dad Board and Ben. They recognize the content their core demographic consumes and strategically targeted it, sure beats having great product languish on the shelf because of zero market awareness.

legit bought both last week lol

CarcassToss

• Rep: 25
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2024, 07:08:50 AM »
Same, but DLX product never languishes

Kaezan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2024, 08:09:11 AM »
I got the 93a's from Spitfire this week cause of his video. Didn't even know they were coming out. I liked the Dragon Wheels, but something felt off while riding them. They also coned really fast for me. The Spitfire feels a lot better for me so far(sound, feel, etc)

DLX marketing strategy worked on me lol for the wheels, but the "Easy Rider" board just seems like another shape like the many hundreds of other shapes that are out there. Nothing about it really seems that appealing... I also hate boards where graphics are just a big advertisement for the brand "BAKER", "REAL", etc.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 08:18:22 AM by Kaezan »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2024, 07:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ol' Daddy focused his alt account too?  Guess he's gone full anono mode like the rest of us.  G'day Dad Board. 
Expand Quote
Funny how Generator blacklisted Ben for selling their blanks, and now they're giving Dad Board decks for helping to send orders their way.
[close]
what's this all about?
[close]

It's not on Ben's channel anymore but back when he did his "own" decks under Canada Skate Shop he told his viewers that they were boards from Generator. Generator didn't like that he had revealed an industry secret and stopped selling to him, so he tried Clutch (which screwed him over with sub-par quality decks), Life skateboards and some China boards, which ultimately lead to him stepping away from the board brand since he couldn't consistent get decks up to his standards.

Dad Board mentioned Slap in his egg board review video, thought he was just a lurker.

I guess Generator is acutely feeling the dip in demand and would rather sell something via skatesamples.com at a lower margin than try to maintain the open secret.
[close]

Wondered what happened to his boards, and didn’t know Generator spat the dummy. Thanks!
[close]

Canada Skate Shop is still in business, I think they're still getting blanks from Life Skateboards or maybe just selling leftovers. With Generator seeling blanks D2C it would be really hard for "we sell blank decks" shops to stay in business.
That Life Skateboards dude is a evangelical right wing dipshit who makes shit boards.  All those christian dipshits end up Trump derpers.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2024, 11:20:39 PM »

Shout out to @RoaryMcTwang
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

citycity

• Rep: -98
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2024, 01:46:38 AM »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2024, 03:59:13 AM »

Shout out to @RoaryMcTwang

Ha, just saw this on Youtube. Glad it works for you Dad Board!

finecojeffe

• Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2024, 05:47:18 AM »
as someone who has never landed a varial heel, I'm gonna try that tip. I don't have high hopes though.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2024, 05:51:56 AM »
as someone who has never landed a varial heel, I'm gonna try that tip. I don't have high hopes though.

Same here, will report back.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2024, 09:19:17 AM »
Damn this mofo is bringing the light
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2024, 10:41:01 PM »
Damn this mofo is bringing the light
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2024, 12:37:47 PM »
Oooh I see, I got Doxxed. cool 👍 thanks, guys!
I did delete that comment on the polar IG post because I decided it wasn’t a good look afterwards, something none of you guys would ever do because you’re so fuckin superior and wouldn’t ever do anything even remotely questionable or embarrassing. Silly me! 🥴

Now imagine something so trivial being used as ammunition by a group of anonymous dipshits with fake internet points securing their status as overlords and deciding who can or can’t say what without being torn apart by the hive mind. I can’t criticize Joa for nuking a small brand because I made a dumb comment the other day on a completely different website about a completely different subject? Even if it was defending you fucks? Eat my ass. I’ll get outta here 🖕

Damn, Slap giveth and Slap taketh......

Dad Board

• Rep: 80
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2024, 12:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I did delete that comment on the polar IG post because I decided it wasn’t a good look afterwards, something none of you guys would ever do because you’re so fuckin superior and wouldn’t ever do anything even remotely questionable or embarrassing. Silly me! 🥴

Now imagine something so trivial being used as ammunition by a group of anonymous dipshits with fake internet points securing their status as overlords and deciding who can or can’t say what without being torn apart by the hive mind. I can’t criticize Joa for nuking a small brand because I made a dumb comment the other day on a completely different website about a completely different subject? Even if it was defending you fucks? Eat my ass. I’ll get outta here 🖕
[close]

Nah I’m not leaving, I like this website even if some of you think I’m a kook. I wanted to be anonymous but apparently someone who doesn’t fw me decided to doxx me. I really appreciate the love some of y’all have shown though, not gonna let a few people ruin the fun. Moving on.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2024, 12:54:17 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 95
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2024, 01:06:05 PM »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Dad Board

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2024, 01:39:17 PM »

Fuckin made my day. Thanks, Pug 👊

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2024, 01:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah I’m not leaving, I like this website even if some of you think I’m a kook. I wanted to be anonymous but apparently someone who doesn’t fw me decided to doxx me. I really appreciate the love some of y’all have shown though, not gonna let a few people ruin the fun. Moving on.

Dude - how is this doxxing? I just pieced things together. Didn’t even mention your „real/youtube“ handle - so only you could have have known, what i was referring to. But you just couldn’t keep it to yourself. So you kind of blew the whistle yourself here.

And honestly, i really liked good number of your comments, but boy - you really have to ease up, when someone is making a slight joke or disagrees with you.

Dad Board

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2024, 01:59:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude - how is this doxxing? I just pieced things together. Didn’t even mention your „real/youtube“ handle - so only you could have have known, what i was referring to. But you just couldn’t keep it to yourself. So you kind of blew the whistle yourself here.

And honestly, i really liked good number of your comments, but boy - you really have to ease up, when someone is making a slight joke or disagrees with you.

All in good fun I reckon. Moving on.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2024, 02:56:47 PM »
Life is a Dad Board

Be seein ya

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house