Author Topic: Rassvet - Blue  (Read 11073 times)

BieberStance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
Re: Rassvet - Blue
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2024, 08:11:57 AM »
Support whatever brand you want, but are MFers in here really arguing against supporting Rassvet on the basis that its tax revenue go to the fascistic Russian government? It's been proven that it is registered in France, but say it WAS registered in Russia.

Are you going to support a European-based brand, who's tax fund Frontex, the border agency which helps murder/drown refugees in the Mediterranean Sea on a regular basis?

Surely you won't then support an American brand, who's taxes go to funding the world's largest imperial powerhouse which has been involved in wars, covertly and overtly since WW2 and is also actively involved in the atrocity of helping bomb Gaza.

Again, support whatever brand you want, but fuck off with that Russophobic shit on the basis that it's a moral boycott.

I'm going to check this video now. Stoked for it.

Nice argument. Your series of whatsboutisms made me reconsider my point and now i came to the conclusion that it really doesn’t matter and i should for sure support and advertise the brands from the country that kills my friends in particular, instead of questioning my consumerchoices from time to time and instead of putting money where my mouth is. Especially if it is a very convenient consumerist decision to skip a purchase if the background is slightly shady or unknown or debatable. They are just too cool of a brand to question or to miss out on.
Fuck my friends and their relatives and families anyways.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2024, 09:29:03 AM »
So back to Canadian maple blanks then?

BieberStance

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2024, 09:40:47 AM »
So back to Canadian maple blanks then?

Shop brand decks maybe.

My whole question wasn’t even about boycotting them. Just about me personally not being comfortable with supporting them. And if they are „french“ now (so far one source about ownership on some random businesswebsite and the definitely factual statements of some euro-tms here that got recycled), i could care less. But the simps are simping i guess

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -97
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2024, 09:48:18 AM »
I watched 3 clips and got real bored real fast.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2024, 10:17:53 AM »
If that head tattoo guy isn’t from Albuquerque then he should be.

Valbuquérqué

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2024, 05:31:41 PM »
Just got a chance to watch this. Very sick. Cool to see Remy in the mix. Genuinely liked the whole thing. Liked the whole LA section a lot. Been a big pat Franklin fan. Val, Biais and titaev had really cool stuff. Good video will watch again.

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 107
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2024, 06:04:09 PM »
I have a (probably) irrational dislike for val bauer lol. can't stand them, the gap to curb tricks were laughable, so many polejams/barrier tricks...sounding like my man @NoComply180

This reminded me of Austyn being on WKND and being several tiers above anyone else on the team

between this video..and the last video they did, 'I missed you' there is probably a decent full length between the two videos

Cambryan part would be sick if all the footage was edited together

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2024, 08:29:35 PM »
Cherry Pit
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 04:17:52 AM by one-off »

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2024, 04:26:16 AM »
these dudes are wearing globes

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2024, 05:09:17 AM »
these dudes are wearing globes
My brother in christ, these dudes are wearing globes

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2024, 06:58:19 AM »
Finally sat down to watch this, overall enjoyed it. I was happy to see Lilian had the last part--always fun to watch.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 27
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2024, 08:24:08 AM »
Lilian looks like Kyle Walker with a new-school butt cut

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2024, 03:17:05 AM »
Austyn song ABD less than a year ago.

https://youtu.be/Mzj6bxfMY04?feature=shared

231st Street

• Rep: -199
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2024, 04:46:49 AM »
I need to reiterate my request for someone to ask Ninja Lifestyles review to review this.  I wonder if he could get through the whole thing. I tried to watch it again and just can't.  I actually really like Austyn Gillete's skating and wanted to like this.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2024, 10:55:45 AM »

And damn is it a good one. I might be ok with full lengths stealing songs from tour edits. Also, I think it's a bit like how abds don't matter as much anymore. There's just so much shit coming out all the time that of course tricks and songs are going to get copied/reused/parallel-used. Fuck it.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2024, 11:07:14 AM »
Never thought I would hear the most fabulous Soap & Skin in a skate vid. Rest was quite ok.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2024, 01:23:24 PM »
I enjoyed this.
Austyn was great and so was Remy.
Good times.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2024, 01:16:41 AM »
Got pretty heavy Krzysztof Kieslowski vibes from the video. It's named Blue, there's lots of defocused dusk b-roll shot on city streets and at least some of these people are Eastern Euros living in France.

What was up with the hardflip or maybe impossible at the LA house spot that cut mid trick? Mostly I liked this but I feel like it's trying a little hard to not try too hard.

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2024, 04:28:57 AM »
Company is owned by a Pedophile

gosha rubchinskiy

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2024, 11:35:22 AM »
Company is owned by a Pedophile

gosha rubchinskiy

Define
:p

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2024, 11:40:38 AM »

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Mallie

• Rep: 37
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2024, 11:48:09 AM »
weird and desperate

Is that a Sizzla song?
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2024, 09:22:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

And damn is it a good one. I might be ok with full lengths stealing songs from tour edits. Also, I think it's a bit like how abds don't matter as much anymore. There's just so much shit coming out all the time that of course tricks and songs are going to get copied/reused/parallel-used. Fuck it.

Yeah I agree. I think it’s ok too. The edit was not exactly unknowns, heavy Oz hitters in CpH, but different to the song being in a widely circulated video on one of the main skate platforms.

The song itself is a top forty hit and was in a Tom Cruise movie 33 years ago. So not exactly a deep cut. An odd choice for both videos.

But it takes me back to Video Hits on Saturday mornings!

Liukang22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2024, 01:19:16 AM »
I need to reiterate my request for someone to ask Ninja Lifestyles review to review this.  I wonder if he could get through the whole thing. I tried to watch it again and just can't.  I actually really like Austyn Gillete's skating and wanted to like this.

He will die after the first roll on grinds. This video is what he hates the most but yeah it would be hilarious. Ninja s the best

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2024, 04:08:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I agree. I think it’s ok too. The edit was not exactly unknowns, heavy Oz hitters in CpH, but different to the song being in a widely circulated video on one of the main skate platforms.

The song itself is a top forty hit and was in a Tom Cruise movie 33 years ago. So not exactly a deep cut. An odd choice for both videos.

But it takes me back to Video Hits on Saturday mornings!

You are more diplomatic than me. This is a terrible song.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2024, 09:20:33 AM »
Since the "new" issue of Solo had an interview with Tolja and some asked what his stance is, here you have it. Black on white - do with it what you want – i can fully back his position.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2024, 10:16:13 AM »
Since the "new" issue of Solo had an interview with Tolja and some asked what his stance is, here you have it. Black on white - do with it what you want – i can fully back his position.

Thanks for posting.
Not every citizen from a corrupt communist country should be demonised. Tolja clearly doesn’t support Putin and is trying to help Ukraine and make a safe space for young skaters in Russia through the shop. The bottom of the interview seems to suggest Rassvet as a company is registered in France.
Personally think they should be supported for what they are doing. Tolja sounds like a brave, strong character to me.

BieberStance

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2024, 01:46:44 PM »
That's a well-written statement that clarifies the brand's position and sheds light on all the speculation. That's exactly what was needed. Thanks to solo for asking, thanks to Tolya for being so clear and thanks to yghartsyrt for posting.
I would say that if one likes, one can support rassvet with a reasonably good conscience now.

His argument with his skateshop is also completely plausible. But I just wanted to make a brief remark here: Please don't forget that ukraine also had and still has a lively skate scene. With shops, brands and talented skaters. Maybe someone is familiar with the scene there and can provide a list of relevant brands and shops. That way we can have a balanced range and eventually support the scene there in some way - and who knows, maybe that will ultimately lead to the next big thing.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2024, 12:14:06 AM »
If you want any info on helping out send Misha Tevkun a message trough the skateukraine instagram

https://www.instagram.com/skateukraine/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:43:11 AM by behavioralguide »