Author Topic: Skate dreams (are made of this…)  (Read 785 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Skate dreams (are made of this…)
« on: January 16, 2024, 09:09:58 AM »
I dream about skating quite often. Much more often than I do actual skating these days.

One of the things that happens a lot in them is I’ll lock in to a manual and just keep it going forever. In the dream there’s always this sense where I get it just right and basically can’t even fall out of the manual. There’s no battle to keep it…it’s just there. And I’m just riding around stoked on my back two wheels.

Also I land kick flips a lot in dreams.

Sometimes I dream about going into weed stores and just picking and choosing what kind of THC I’d like to ingest. It’s like my brain likes to fantasize about what could have been if I wasn’t sober and could actually skate well.

Do you guys dream of skating?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
Re: Skate dreams (are made of this…)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:12:49 AM »
Who am I to disagree…

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 09:15:29 AM »
when i was laid up after knee surgery i dreamt about skating a lot, now that i can skate my dreams are back to being more of the weird violent/sexual nonlinear variety

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 09:20:51 AM »
Love skate dreams, for me they're usually about stringing lines together effortlessly

I have a friend who claims they're an integral part of learning new tricks for him...
He says he'll obsess over a particular trick over a couple of sessions, getting close but not sticking it. Then he'll stop trying for a while, dream about it and then land it the next session

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 09:45:06 AM »
Love skate dreams, for me they're usually about stringing lines together effortlessly

I have a friend who claims they're an integral part of learning new tricks for him...
He says he'll obsess over a particular trick over a couple of sessions, getting close but not sticking it. Then he'll stop trying for a while, dream about it and then land it the next session

That’s amazing. My dreams seem to mock me…like, in a, "see this? Don’t you wish you could do this you little beta bitch?"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 09:45:55 AM »
Who am I to disagree…

I always wondered why the song doesn’t go, "who am I to disagris?"

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 09:51:27 AM »
I have a recurring one where I’m a skating a vert ramp with my feet strapped in like a snowboard. I also dream about my childhood local park sometimes, where it turns out it wasn’t torn down and It was actually hidden in the park the whole time

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 10:00:21 AM »
or i have this recurring dream where im driving a car full of my friends who have died and we're going to a party and then i realize they're all dead so this has to be a dream then i wake up

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 10:00:48 AM »

One of the things that happens a lot in them is I’ll lock in to a manual and just keep it going forever. In the dream there’s always this sense where I get it just right and basically can’t even fall out of the manual. There’s no battle to keep it…it’s just there. And I’m just riding around stoked on my back two wheels.

Do you guys dream of skating?

This. Just perfect balance and flow.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 10:06:17 AM »
or i have this recurring dream where im driving a car full of my friends who have died and we're going to a party and then i realize they're all dead so this has to be a dream then i wake up

I hate when stuff like this happens in dreams. Not trying to be a weirdo, but any time there’s any kind of sexual element to a dream I’m having there’s some part of my brain that goes, "I wonder if this will finally be a good sex dream?" and then everything goes sideways and the sex doesn’t even happen. Blue-balled by my goddamn subconscious.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 10:33:19 AM »
Talking about dreams, didn't we have this thread under the same name some years back?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 04:47:17 PM »
Talking about dreams, didn't we have this thread under the same name some years back?

There was one but I couldn’t resist making one with this stupid title.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2024, 05:26:42 PM »
Who am I to disagree…

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2024, 05:36:11 PM »
i've been having dreams of landing clean ass kickflips and fakie flips recently. it's really fun. and then i wake up and remember that i suck.

i also once dreamt that me and some friends were skating around NYC going fast as fuck evading cars and people n shit while popping crazy ollies throughout. that same dream then transitioned into being in Barca and skating Macba and making friends while skating really well. then i woke up and remembered that i suck.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2024, 06:33:51 PM »
I have a dream about skating approx. every ten days or so. I had one last night actually. often, (like last night,) I am skating the old park I grew up skating at, and the dreams go one of two ways: I'm either absolutely ripping, or it feels like I can't land anything. last night, I had a dream I was skating a board way too big for me and I was trying to 3 flip the hip, but couldn't.

my dreams are extremely vivid, and I've spent the better part of a decade learning and perfecting how to lucid dream, and I've had lucid skateboarding dreams before, which are absolutely phenomenal. I realize I'm dreaming, and then proceed to do anything I want. it's an amazing feeling and I always feel extremely thankful when I wake up after one of those dreams because I can't really skate on the level I used to because of injuries.

on the topic of lucid dreaming, one of my favorite things to do in them is to jump as high as I can. I've had dreams where I'm full on jumping over buildings and floating back down to Earth. those dreams feel so real they're like an alternate reality. the dreams about women are pretty amazing, too (no offense, GAY.) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 12:28:00 AM »
My skate dreams follow the same basic pattern. I ride some sort of ramp or natural quarter or bank, and on the first try I make all these incredible tricks first go, just flowing from one to the next.

Then there is something that prevents me from going again right away, but when I finally get to go again my brain has changed all the sizes and shapes of the transition, not making it way too tight or impossible to skate and I don’t get to repeat the satisfaction of the first time.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2024, 12:53:48 AM »

my dreams are extremely vivid, and I've spent the better part of a decade learning and perfecting how to lucid dream, and I've had lucid skateboarding dreams before, which are absolutely phenomenal.

Mine too, I’ve found out how to do this as well and look forward to sleep everyday because of it. Almost never dream of skating but the majority of my dreams involve banging the cute Mexican barista with a nice dumper at the store I work at. Mildly curious, what’s your process for doing this? I have a weird one but it works mostly every time.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2024, 01:15:03 AM »
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=88291.0

RIP 360 FRIP

Expand Quote
[close]
There was one but I couldn’t resist making one with this stupid title.
abp and abj already been joked
 :-*
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 01:23:49 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2024, 02:21:08 AM »
I had a dream last night that && made everyone at the park stop skating so he could tell us about his new skate app.  I yelled out that nobody cared, then he started crying.  Eventually someone told him to tell us about it anyway, and he did, then served everyone but me seafood lasagna.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2024, 07:06:28 AM »
I have a dream about skating approx. every ten days or so. I had one last night actually. often, (like last night,) I am skating the old park I grew up skating at, and the dreams go one of two ways: I'm either absolutely ripping, or it feels like I can't land anything. last night, I had a dream I was skating a board way too big for me and I was trying to 3 flip the hip, but couldn't.

my dreams are extremely vivid, and I've spent the better part of a decade learning and perfecting how to lucid dream, and I've had lucid skateboarding dreams before, which are absolutely phenomenal. I realize I'm dreaming, and then proceed to do anything I want. it's an amazing feeling and I always feel extremely thankful when I wake up after one of those dreams because I can't really skate on the level I used to because of injuries.

on the topic of lucid dreaming, one of my favorite things to do in them is to jump as high as I can. I've had dreams where I'm full on jumping over buildings and floating back down to Earth. those dreams feel so real they're like an alternate reality. the dreams about women are pretty amazing, too (no offense, GAY.) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I also have hyper-vivid dreams. I often prefer them to my waking hours.

My flying dreams are bizarre to me. I have them probably about once a month or so and there are two elements that are always part of it. One is that I feel like Mr. Cool Guy in them because I am thinking to myself stuff like, "I’ll show them when I blow their minds by taking off flying." The other always-present element is that I’m constantly on the lookout for power lines. I’ll often take off straight up, full speed, and there’s always this mass of power lines way up above the earth that I remind myself to be cognizant of. I’ve never hit them but flying through them always seems to be some game of chance.

Dreams are awesome.

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 105
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2024, 07:23:29 AM »
When I have a hard time falling asleep, I like to visualize skating a perfect bowl or even a favorite park where I lock into a smith or float a bs air over and over. I tend to drift off peacefully.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2024, 08:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote

my dreams are extremely vivid, and I've spent the better part of a decade learning and perfecting how to lucid dream, and I've had lucid skateboarding dreams before, which are absolutely phenomenal.
[close]

Mine too, I’ve found out how to do this as well and look forward to sleep everyday because of it. Almost never dream of skating but the majority of my dreams involve banging the cute Mexican barista with a nice dumper at the store I work at. Mildly curious, what’s your process for doing this? I have a weird one but it works mostly every time.

I don't really have a technique to, "realize," that I'm dreaming, I just kind of know it. I'll get a realization or understanding that I'm in a dream, but I guess the technique to realize I'm lucid dreaming or to initiate the dream is to try and jump as high as I can. most the time though, I just know that I'm dreaming.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • sup dog
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2024, 08:35:12 AM »
Mine are are terribly realistic down to skating things I could skate in real life…. But just much better.

Like, could I frontside air huge out of a quarter? Probably if I tried and was brave. But have I ever in real life? No.

Or kickflip with ease several times in a row? That’s possible if I was… just better at skating. 

360 flips? Yeah.. could probably land them if I committed to falling a lot and possibly rolling my ankle really hard. But have I ever? Nope. In my dreams, though.

Everybody’s looking for something.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2024, 05:13:53 PM »
It’s like even my subconscious is embarrassed at how little skill I have at skating.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2024, 02:43:44 PM »
Last night I had a dream that I was having a conversation with Posdnois from De La Soul and I told him that the BET 50 Years of Rap Special brought tears to my eyes it was so lovely…I did add, however, that the choice of performing an excerpt of The Bizness was odd although I understood why considering Dave’s passing and Common’s willingness to be such an industry slut.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2024, 02:58:25 AM »
Had a super realistic skate dream last night.

I was all stoked to meet up my old buddy to go skate, but as soon as I arrived, it started to rain.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2024, 08:33:21 AM »
One of the weirdest things about dreams to me is that my brain will create locations and then will revisit those locations, or some version of them, later.

One of the skate spots I’ve been back to multiple times is this big ditch-type spot. It’s hidden and seems to be a junction where several dithes converge and it’s sort of this massive DIY playground. There’s little manual pads and ledges but mostly it’s just big banks and bumps. I’ve had dreams where I go there and it’s packed and in other dreams it’s empty but there’s water everywhere. I always have to climb under some fence and make my way through some bushes or something.

I’ve had non skate-related places show up multiple times with years in between their appearances. They occasionally have some connection to someplace real, like they’ll just "feel" like they’re in Albuquerque, but other times they seem to be made up completely.

Fuckin’ brains, man.

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2024, 02:51:38 AM »
My skate dreams are one of two types:

1 - The trick battle that I am set to film.

2 - Having tricks on-lock that are far beyond my reach - I once dreamt I had wallie back lips (sliding 10 feet) pop out early.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2024, 09:29:54 AM »
When I dream I'm tracking the disappearance of my board

It always respawns in the jail I built in my mind

Once I'm in the jail is full of allies who help me track it down and escape the screws.

I can fly pretty good I'm my dreams
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2024, 07:48:07 PM »
Vert runs. Usually lein to tails. Never done one in my life but in my dreams I am a master of them. Not sure why vert features so heavily in my skate dreams but I do all the basics very well, fs and bs ollies, lipslides, never any spins or inverts though. And in my dreams I often land too far down the transition and lose speed but I always re-find it again, with ease.

In reality, there was only short period in the mid to late 90s when I skated vert with any regularity... I'd like to try again.