Author Topic: Accidental tricks  (Read 2274 times)

Bristol_Palin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Re: Accidental tricks
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2024, 04:38:06 PM »
One time I was going for frontside nose slide on this bench at a skatepark (Frontside nose slides are one of my go to ledge tricks) and I got into front crook and it went far and I rolled away. A friend I don't regular skate with saw it and was like I didn't know you had those and I tried playing it off that I did it on purpose and I decided to try another and my wheels wen over the ledge no lock rolled over the bench fell backwards and landed on my back. It was pretty funny and humbling. I never admitted I didn't really have front side crooks.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2024, 04:46:20 PM »
At Tampa the other day Dashawn Jordan went for a 270 lip, and got into a fakie smith instead and rolled away.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

portlandpancake

• Rep: 3
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2024, 07:19:13 PM »
Ali from Sorry 3:06 - sw crook to noseslide
https://youtu.be/8bo6Ckw2pqM?si=gTX673Di662c0l_S

Never Bored

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2024, 08:03:06 PM »
The last trick in Rodrigo Teixeira’s “Can’t Stop The Firm” part

I’m not positive but it sure looks like it was supposed to be a switch kickflip back tail but he gets into a Suski-ish grind

https://youtu.be/A-IunFbXf4w?si=evU7rQ68yWpq8dAI

conan777

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2024, 08:09:08 PM »
One time I was going for frontside nose slide on this bench at a skatepark (Frontside nose slides are one of my go to ledge tricks) and I got into front crook and it went far and I rolled away. A friend I don't regular skate with saw it and was like I didn't know you had those and I tried playing it off that I did it on purpose and I decided to try another and my wheels wen over the ledge no lock rolled over the bench fell backwards and landed on my back. It was pretty funny and humbling. I never admitted I didn't really have front side crooks.

I did a kickflip front crook once about twenty years ago and it felt amazing. Only one of my friends saw it and we were both so hyped. I was trying kickflip front noseslide which I could land occasionally and I've still never done a front crook to this day. One of my best skating memories

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2024, 09:29:03 PM »
Learning switch pop shoves back in the day I landed a switch impossible. Never again.
Trying switch fs big I landed a switch big heel. Never again lol.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2024, 09:29:13 AM »

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2024, 02:50:44 PM »
Justin Eldrdge's ender in Yeah Right, he was trying to noseslide

Yeah that makes it so much better. The switch flip salad is still one of my all time favourite handrail tricks.

Wasn't Mark Appleyard trying kickflip frontside noseslide in Sorry when it went to crook? I thought I read that in an interview.

Best one for me is Slash's cab fakie nosegrind thing.

Shtonk

• Rep: -341
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2024, 04:01:53 PM »
There's a small steep and bumpy DIY hip at this Park I used to skate and once I rolled up to it and as per usual I tried a bs ollie over it, expecting the standard dodgy rocket whateverness. Somehow I hit the transition perfectly and boosted a bs air that had the park cheering, nosebone and bent back foot included which I never could do on normal ollies. It was this tiny glimpse into what it must feel like to be effortlessly good at skating and it was amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. Tried so hard to replicate it I got hurt shortly after and never went back.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2024, 04:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did a kickflip front crook once about twenty years ago and it felt amazing. Only one of my friends saw it and we were both so hyped. I was trying kickflip front noseslide which I could land occasionally and I've still never done a front crook to this day. One of my best skating memories

Your story opened another memory. Back in like 2007 or something like that at dgs skate park in moorsetown NJ. I went up the bank to try kickflip front board on the lower round rail flat bar at the top of the flat of the ramp and I guess I couldn’t get my truck over it but did a perfect kickflip frontside noseslide back to regular and I did it first try. I proceeded to not skate that part of the park for a long time. I have done a couple of these on accident but not in years when trying kick front board here and there. 

I never did one on a ledge just flat bars and only when trying kickflip front boards. I need to try one on a ledge.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 04:12:18 PM by Bristol_Palin »