Author Topic: Shecks of etnies?  (Read 22450 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1453
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Shecks of etnies?
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2024, 04:49:40 AM »
^I dunno. In that 10 years of Marana it says designed by Shecks. It also says the same here. We might have another Dave Mayhew situation.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 06:22:39 AM by Cuban_Lynx »

bombsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2024, 09:04:44 AM »
Thank you for the reassurance. I'll buy 20 pair of Maranas, all black, if they go out of production :)

Maybe I'll even get some red ones to pay homage to The Skekcler.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2024, 09:20:09 AM »
rename the marana and call it the skeckler

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -125
Big fat nollie tre

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2024, 10:02:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the Marana and Joslin are (tied for placement) are in the top 10 modern shoes for quality/performance.
[close]

I only skate Marana, because they fit my feet perfectly and last for long. Will they stop making Maranas if Sheckler is of?
[close]

No. It's their best selling shoe alongside the Joslin. It's unlikely they'd can the design if Shecks left. If you like the Marana, the Joslin is a great alternative if you haven't tried it yet.

Technically, the Marana has always been and always will be a Sheckler pro shoe. @TwisT you're incorrect about them "quickly taking the name off."

Sheckler launched that as his pro shoe in 2013 or 2014 and agreed to make it a "team/pro" shoe with Etnies. His name was never "branded and then taken off" like you said. He was the face/marketer of the shoe from the get-go, outside of Chris Joslin, so Sheckler & Etnies chose to market it that way from the jump.

Basically, it's his shoe, he designed it, etc., so he (I would assume) gets some amount of royalties from Marana sales, regardless of whether it's a Sheckler colorway or not.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2024, 11:24:31 AM »
popped into my YouTube feed but this was such a cracked private park layout

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • sup dog
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2024, 01:18:40 PM »
Skeckler would be a perfect fit on Sketchers

Bro. Please bro, don’t miss again, bro. It’s his name now. 

KDP

• Rep: 13
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2024, 03:01:11 PM »
^I dunno. In that 10 years of Marana it says designed by Shecks. It also says the same here. We might have another Dave Mayhew situation.

You might be right on the Mayhew.
I'm sure there was something, somewhere on him not designing but your links say otherwise.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2024, 04:18:17 PM »
Every pro designs their pro model shoes from start to finish.  ;)
And every pro skates the same shape/wood that their graphic is printed on.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2024, 07:20:26 PM »
I'm not meatriding Sheckler with this, but someone as talented and connected as him to his skateboard, I doubt he had zero to do with the design. Was he Reynolds level involved? Don't think he went that far.

Interviews over the years have shown him describing features he wanted in his various shoes to meet his demands for skating impact but needing board feel, etc. Same thing with Ishod for his 2 pro models. Could that just be marketing in the interview clips we've seen? Sure, I'm not gonna rule that out either.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2024, 07:26:08 PM »

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2024, 07:33:47 PM »

I’d like to redirect this conversation to focus on this. Imagine building a private park to warm and skate at by yourself and making every single obstacle something you can actually die skating.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 65
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2024, 07:50:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’d like to redirect this conversation to focus on this. Imagine building a private park to warm and skate at by yourself and making every single obstacle something you can actually die skating.

Was that Joe Red with the back tail at the end?

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2024, 10:13:13 PM »
Sheckler’s been wearing Etnies since he was, what, twelve? Would he even know what to wear if he got the boot?

Troubadour26

• Rep: 111
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2024, 10:30:51 PM »
that euro is hilarious

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2024, 11:28:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Skeckler would be a perfect fit on Sketchers
[close]

Bro. Please bro, don’t miss again, bro. It’s his name now.
I thought about it but I felt I wasn't the one to make the call. Glad you came through.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2024, 10:06:48 AM »

Yeah, but “Aurelien G” is missing from that stack too and I’m pretty sure he’s still on.

KDP

• Rep: 13
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2024, 10:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, but “Aurelien G” is missing from that stack too and I’m pretty sure he’s still on.

Barney Page & Nick Garcia too.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 57
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2024, 10:30:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jose Rojo i think
Insane clips, the kickflip nosemanny, damn

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2024, 12:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nicks is the second box on the left that says Nick g . Id imagine Barney and Aurelian get their boxes out of the euro distro.

That shecks park was so wild . He skated it so well too it made no sense. It’s such a peak xgames style park. Just giant shit to fly out of to impress large crowds.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MonsPubis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2024, 01:52:17 PM »
Ben De Gros on!

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2024, 03:43:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nicks is the second box on the left that says Nick g . Id imagine Barney and Aurelian get their boxes out of the euro distro.

That shecks park was so wild . He skated it so well too it made no sense. It’s such a peak xgames style park. Just giant shit to fly out of to impress large crowds.

That’s just the snake and the Calicut though, if skeck wears Marana then they wouldn’t be in that stack right?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • sup dog
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2024, 06:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s just the snake and the Calicut though, if skeck wears Marana then they wouldn’t be in that stack right?
Correct. Skeksi doesn’t need to fuqwit anything but the Maranara sauce.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 111
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2024, 06:04:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Jose Rojo i think
Insane clips, the kickflip nosemanny, damn
bra it was definitely Joe Red

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2024, 10:02:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought that too but then Chris J is in there and he has a signture range, right. Surely Joslin only skates Joslins? Why give him anything else?

edit: And Nassim is in the stack so that "get if from the euro distro" might not be a thing.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2024, 11:48:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the Marana and Joslin are (tied for placement) are in the top 10 modern shoes for quality/performance.
[close]

I only skate Marana, because they fit my feet perfectly and last for long. Will they stop making Maranas if Sheckler is of?
[close]

No. It's their best selling shoe alongside the Joslin. It's unlikely they'd can the design if Shecks left. If you like the Marana, the Joslin is a great alternative if you haven't tried it yet.

Technically, the Marana has always been and always will be a Sheckler pro shoe. @TwisT you're incorrect about them "quickly taking the name off."

Sheckler launched that as his pro shoe in 2013 or 2014 and agreed to make it a "team/pro" shoe with Etnies. His name was never "branded and then taken off" like you said. He was the face/marketer of the shoe from the get-go, outside of Chris Joslin, so Sheckler & Etnies chose to market it that way from the jump.

Basically, it's his shoe, he designed it, etc., so he (I would assume) gets some amount of royalties from Marana sales, regardless of whether it's a Sheckler colorway or not.
[close]

No, he didn't.

It was originally supposed to be shecklers pro shoe and was heavily under wraps until it got leaked on Insta. Pierre saw the photo of the shoe, saw the potential and basically demanded it be made a team shoe instead.

ejazzle

• Rep: 88
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2024, 06:56:11 AM »

ejazzle

• Rep: 88
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2024, 06:56:55 AM »

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2024, 07:08:12 AM »
Didn't think it would be a non-skate brand. His agent? must of worked a great deal to convince him go that route. Oh well. Get that money? Sellout?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Magnolia

• Rep: 475
  • She/They
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2024, 07:11:35 AM »
Didn't think it would be a non-skate brand. His agent? must of worked a great deal to convince him go that route. Oh well. Get that money? Sellout?

And it's Mark Wahlberg's brand? If he was at el toro that day he would've backside flipped it for sure
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch