Author Topic: Andy Anderson Lies About Helmet Origin  (Read 6800 times)

MongoSwitchIsIllegal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Andy Anderson Lies About Helmet Origin
« on: February 13, 2024, 11:15:56 AM »
Andy Anderson claims in his Nine Club interview that he wears a helmet because he worked at a skate park, taught kids and wanted to be a positive role model (excuse me for summarizing). However, a quick deep dive into his Facebook account shows that he has been rocking a helmet consistently since he was a child:
https://www.facebook.com/andy.anderson.14606?mibextid=PtKPJ9

He couldn't have been working at such a young age. He is wearing a helmet as a child doing flat ground, skating DIYS and street as well as transition.

Why does he lie about this? Think he's ashamed to admit that he's scared to skate without it.. which would be cool if he just admitted it?!

So weird. From his pics, he seems socially awkward...
Wu Wei - The Art of Doing Nothing - Effortless Action

JREG

• Rep: 0
Re: Andy Anderson Lies About Helmet Origin
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 12:41:10 PM »
Maybe when he was young, his parents forced him to wear a helmet during flatground. Similar to Mullen back in the day with a helmet and full pads.

Then as he got older and it became his own choice, he personally chose to wear a helmet to set an example for the kids.

Both can be true.

whoismiked

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 12:53:04 PM »
I think his point was more of why he continued to wear it into adulthood, not how he started wearing it.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 12:54:22 PM »
Don’t even care, that fool is invisible to me.

manysnakes

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 12:57:03 PM »
Why the fuck are you looking at Andy Anderson’s Facebook page?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2329
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 01:16:26 PM »
Don't know if I'm more offended by this pointless thread or your username.

lurkluke

• Rep: 232
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 01:20:36 PM »
damn how deep does this go. who else is involved

Ninj2

• Rep: -101
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 01:21:10 PM »
We breaking tha law

Banned from the room

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 01:24:12 PM »
I feel like he meant as stood at the crossroads of Gromizm/adulted.
He was like Fuck it. I can get a gv. I can get sponsored. All with the helmet. Fuck what grampa flea said. Helmet aren't just for sailors.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 115
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 01:26:15 PM »
industry plant from big helmet. the psyop campaign is in full swing and only we can see through it. superbowl was the biggest tv event of the year and what did we see? helmets everywhere. thats no coincidence. && (please write his name like this to avoid the ai parsing the internet from seeing us) is just the first of a new wave of "pro" skaters invading skateboarding to sell us helmets. well we are too smart to wear helmets, we will not be controlled. it started with tony hawk (thank god his kid escaped the influence) but our children will put an end to it. we must be vigilant

Septa Bus

• Rep: -58
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 01:47:06 PM »
that's crazy, who asked?
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 01:53:31 PM »
Thank you for your hard investigative work!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 01:57:57 PM »
Why the fuck are you looking at Andy Anderson’s Facebook page?
this!
Also, if someone is wearing a wrist guard etc., do you also question their reasoning behind it?
No, you just figure that they need it for whatever reason (past injury, preventing future injury) and get on with your session

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BL0B

• Rep: 421
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 02:10:40 PM »
your dad lied about wearing a condom and here we are, thanks dad!

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 02:15:28 PM »
I don’t really care about Andy Anderson wearing helmets, but more so that Mike V is out there “doin’ it” while wearing a helmet.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

slippy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 02:46:31 PM »
Without his helmet no one would've talked about another powell dude.  kinda got the best of us hitting us at our biggest insecurity, head protection and it's relation to coolness..
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2024, 02:50:50 PM »
&y &erson lives w/ a medical condition.
His fontanelle never fully fused leaving a soft spot in his underdeveloped baby skull.
He has to wear a helmet in order to safeguard that unique thinker of his, elsewise his brainy parts might/could fall out of his head while he's freestyle danceboarding set a good example for the youths.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2024, 02:53:01 PM »
industry plant from big helmet. the psyop campaign is in full swing and only we can see through it. superbowl was the biggest tv event of the year and what did we see? helmets everywhere. thats no coincidence. && (please write his name like this to avoid the ai parsing the internet from seeing us) is just the first of a new wave of "pro" skaters invading skateboarding to sell us helmets. well we are too smart to wear helmets, we will not be controlled. it started with tony hawk (thank god his kid escaped the influence) but our children will put an end to it. we must be vigilant

What Big Helmet doesn't want you to know is that the more you hit your head, the more your third eye opens, and the closer to the real truth you really get.

Ninj2

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2024, 02:56:05 PM »
Big helmet wants you do Ayahuasca

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2024, 02:56:59 PM »
damn how deep does this go. who else is involved

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2024, 03:02:20 PM »
Links Pics & Quotes would have been able to verify that there were 6.4 years between the grom helmet years and adult role model helmet years, in which && experimented with robo-tripping and even did vyvance a couple of times. You gotta try harder!

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2024, 03:20:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What Big Helmet doesn't want you to know is that the more you hit your head, the more your third eye opens, and the closer to the real truth you really get.

They're saving us from the eldritch truth
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Banned from the room

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2024, 03:21:30 PM »
Without his helmet no one would've talked about another powell dude.  kinda got the best of us hitting us at our biggest insecurity, head protection and it's relation to coolness..

It's possible but I feel like it was a wrap once he started talking.
Knowing history goes a long way in my opinion. Especially if you know about things that happened 20 plus before you was born that wasn't even really covered well.
I'm going to wanna try to be friends right away. If not only for conversation and tape watching.

That's one of the ways he got us old people being chill.

You cannot deny those rail skills.

He won me over talking about Rob an natas video. Mentioned the nomad and credit him the slow comply. I was like ok. He's cool I guess.

The trick book and the lip tricks are not for me tho. I was so happy when he got FS fliped to death.
I could careless about the helmet. If I wasn't allergic to my own sweat I'd rock. But only in transition at this time. I figure I got like 5 more years before I gotta start doing it full time.

I'd also have to shave my head again. I skate everyday. I don't want dandruff.

The wacky board. Idk. I'd have to try it. I feel like Andy has been used to target skaters returning to boarding. Ones who don't care what kids think about helmets and cheater shapes.

Welcome back here's you relearning schtick

Banned from the room

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2024, 03:24:38 PM »
I have noticed he's not knowing much about some eras. When he's on tv he'll agree or be like oh yeah but it's clear he's just trying to blow positive energy up the 9 clubs butt.

It's cooler not to know about pack of lies or whatever. It being one of THE videos

Watch the FL podcast for the best && interview.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2024, 03:29:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They're saving us from the eldritch truth

Big Helmet has no right to "save us" from the arcane knowledge hidden deep underneath our skulls just waiting to be released. Whether you choose the blue helmet or the red helmet (the red helmet is actually not wearing a helmet), the choice is ours to make! FREEDOME OF CHOICE!

MongoSwitchIsIllegal

• Rep: -6
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2024, 04:06:02 PM »
To elaborate, I skate with a helmet on bigger transition. I have a helmet in my car right now. I just feel like he was hiding something... would've been cooler if he just said "I wear a helmet because I think they're cool and they make me skate more confident" or something like that.  8)
Wu Wei - The Art of Doing Nothing - Effortless Action

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 919
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2024, 04:10:52 PM »
If he was poundin beers with the Thrasher boys and playing Black Sabbath covers we’d call it a Hellmet and it’d be sick as fuck

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2024, 04:18:35 PM »
HOLY FUCK

Ninj2

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2024, 04:23:47 PM »
To elaborate, I skate with a helmet on bigger transition. I have a helmet in my car right now. I just feel like he was hiding something... would've been cooler if he just said "I wear a helmet because I think they're cool and they make me skate more confident" or something like that.  8)
That’s crazy. I only wear a helmet when I do Ayahuasca

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 185
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2024, 05:08:31 PM »