Author Topic: Andy Anderson Lies About Helmet Origin  (Read 6799 times)

Can he read

Re: Andy Anderson Lies About Helmet Origin
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2024, 03:19:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One time I saw an interview and Andy Anderson was wearing an ugly beanie instead of his helmet.
[close]

Doesn’t he wear those visor beanie/beret type things? Whatsup with Powell dudes and weird personalized headwear? Zach Doeling wears a hat with no bill now and they have another dude who’s been wearing the same greasy conductorcap for like a decade or something because he claims it has a backstory. They’re like a hodgepodge group of teens from an 80’s movie all pitted against a land developer wanting to shut down their skatepark to build a golf course.
[close]

Maybe that isn't just a movie but closer to reality than we might think?
NKA at the end of the movie while they’re celebrating and the land developer is being shoved into the back of a cop car “I knew you guys would do it, hey where’s Andy?” *Ricky Glaser pops up “Didn’t you know? Andy doesn’t even skate this park, he did it for us” (vaporwave music starts as the scene cuts to && silhouette freestyling on the Santa Monica beach) *roll credits

Banned from the room

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2024, 04:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One time I saw an interview and Andy Anderson was wearing an ugly beanie instead of his helmet.
[close]

Doesn’t he wear those visor beanie/beret type things? Whatsup with Powell dudes and weird personalized headwear? Zach Doeling wears a hat with no bill now and they have another dude who’s been wearing the same greasy conductorcap for like a decade or something because he claims it has a backstory. They’re like a hodgepodge group of teens from an 80’s movie all pitted against a land developer wanting to shut down their skatepark to build a golf course.
[close]

Maybe that isn't just a movie but closer to reality than we might think?
[close]
NKA at the end of the movie while they’re celebrating and the land developer is being shoved into the back of a cop car “I knew you guys would do it, hey where’s Andy?” *Ricky Glaser pops up “Didn’t you know? Andy doesn’t even skate this park, he did it for us” (vaporwave music starts as the scene cuts to && silhouette freestyling on the Santa Monica beach) *roll credits

We need an nka switch flip at some point tho.

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2024, 09:51:41 AM »
nobody hates skaters more than other skaters

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2024, 02:28:40 AM »
I thought I heard him say in some podcast that he wears one because back in the days he’s seen some Vancouver pool legend fall on his head and getting hurt bad.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2024, 05:18:39 AM »
Do any adults who don’t make money off him actually like &&? I can see lots of children thinking he’s rad, but grown ups?

RembrantQeinstein

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2024, 06:57:48 AM »
Do any adults who don’t make money off him actually like &&? I can see lots of children thinking he’s rad, but grown ups?
I like him.

Every time I use the balance board I pretend that I’m living his happy Canadian childhood.

My mom would be all, “5 more minutes on the balance board, then you have to finish your journal…”

And I would be like, “sure thing, mom..do we have any more carrots?”

And then my dad would break the carrots up with his hands because he doesn’t like to use knives

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2024, 07:05:25 AM »
I had some good times listening to Bobby Digital album, mostly all just getting high in my car. Agreed it is no OB4CL or Liquid Swords or Ironman but it's better than Golden Arms: Redemption. "Domestic Violence" alone is worth the price of admission.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2024, 04:00:12 PM »
I had some good times listening to Bobby Digital album, mostly all just getting high in my car. Agreed it is no OB4CL or Liquid Swords or Ironman but it's better than Golden Arms: Redemption. "Domestic Violence" alone is worth the price of admission.

https://youtu.be/S0pd71ujKto?si=Yz92XS_fJJJpnOkS

I love this track

Deck's solo album Controlled Substance is also nice. But Inspectah is my fave.

https://youtu.be/8MPSKCmohk8?si=jK9Mr30u3vy0RH20

This goes hard
IG: @flowterspace

MrDuckey

• Rep: -106
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2024, 06:06:52 PM »
Andy Anderson was the last skater I binge watched before I quit skating. Take that as you will. Not a good guy for the industry

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2024, 06:38:57 PM »

Hamdy Hamsterson would never tell a fib about his safety cap!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 12
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2024, 07:08:36 PM »
I still don’t think it’s even a real helmet, maybe in the trenches in ww2 or something
Hangin' with a cool bunch

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2024, 07:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://youtu.be/S0pd71ujKto?si=Yz92XS_fJJJpnOkS

I love this track

Deck's solo album Controlled Substance is also nice. But Inspectah is my fave.

https://youtu.be/8MPSKCmohk8?si=jK9Mr30u3vy0RH20

This goes hard

My homie used Brooklyn babies as the second song in his ender part in our first video together.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 56
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2024, 04:15:19 AM »
Nickelodeon Chris Haslam

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1454
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2024, 04:46:28 AM »
Has anyone hit him up on insta?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2024, 07:01:46 AM »
The helmet clearly comes from him having to wear one as an infant because he’s touched in the head

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1611
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2024, 07:40:15 AM »
I think it's entirely possible he grew up wearing a helmet as a child, and wanted to be a positive role model.....

Banned from the room

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2024, 10:38:38 AM »

I think it's only people who didn't learn switch. Like Tim Gavin. Now they support so kids can't get kicked of pro for not skating pro.

That's like my only important beef. Maybe he needs to work on the bloards money bumps some more? Put a switch flip button on it.

No joke I love his style really. He skates down the street like he's filming for police academy 1887. So fun. He's like a discount Baby Guy and Rudy pls a little Rocco. Did y'all know he was my favorite for a little while.

Was definitely based on interviews (some by haters)
We had the same haircut. He had a cute but first fakie roll. Don't even get me started on how HOT that boy was. What a lower half.
PET POTBELLY PIG!!! That photo of him on the benches with the pig was on my wall for lie a decade.

I was an sma kid. When I saw the logo for world I was all in. My childhood nickname besides Puke was either Pooh Bear Teddy or Boner Boy eventually jay rotten Scab and Scampbell. Aka crazy J. I forget what my cripping name was. I didn't actually wanna be down with the hood. I just wanted to get high shoot guns and skate.

I'm the man with a thousand nicknames all pretty rotten.

But yeah Pooh bear with his head stuck in the Honey jar was incredible to me. I even entered a contest to try and win one from Eastern Seabloards. That board had just come out. I was on an old varaflex pig with my Indy 4s and giant ass City Streets wheels. I'm pretty sure those was made by Tracker. I made it work.

I got second place in my division and I was PISSED AF. I NEEDED that bloard. I couldn't believe it. I had been skating for like 5 years at the time. My trucks was ovaled af. Hardware was impossible to tighten further because all the threads had been flat for over a year.

I won wheels. Looking back If it was my shop I would have hooked up the complete for the child who's clearly got nothing else in life. It took me like 6 years to get a new complete.

Petty crime is the answer kids

The answer to why older cats like Andy is he takes us back to the beginning

daewonsbong

• Rep: -10
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2024, 03:06:56 PM »
Andy wears the helmet out of spite, people told him he wouldn't get sponsors or a girlfriend while wearing the helmet and so he still wears it to prove people wrong. He has been publicly on record about this a few times.

Don Hartley collided with a friend in seylynn bowl on Canada day in 2009 at a bowl series contest. He was 52 at the time and tragically passed. One of the few skate injury related deaths i've ever heard of, however the accident was due to the high speed collision with another rider.

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -148
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2024, 03:39:51 PM »
@ndy 👋derson’s helmet doesn’t come off, it’s like a turtle shell…remove it and he dies.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1042
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2024, 06:25:51 PM »
Why the fuck are you looking at Andy Anderson’s Facebook page?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2024, 05:29:16 PM »
Big Helmet heh heh

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • <3
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2024, 05:34:12 PM »
I don’t know why I need to say this now, and I’ve said it before, but Andy Anderson is one of my least favorite pros. I think I’d rather withstand being in Nyjahs circle than being around &&. I find Andy way more insufferable.

The chillest1

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • sup dog
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2024, 05:59:01 PM »
@ndy 👋derson’s helmet doesn’t come off, it’s like a turtle shell…remove it and he dies.

&&&&son skull?