Author Topic: Mexico City blue bowl(or skatepark) location  (Read 336 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
Mexico City blue bowl(or skatepark) location
« on: February 18, 2024, 11:07:03 AM »
I’m heading down to Mexico City on a skate trip March 2nd-10th and was wondering if anyone knew where this blue bowl was. It might be a full skatepark? Would also love any and all recommendations for other spots. We’re gonna check out the bowl at Pizza Del Negro as well at some point

fuck you bama

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: Mexico City blue bowl(or skatepark) location
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 01:37:17 PM »
It's the Tlatelolco bowl. It is a skatepark (no other obstacles other than the ones visible in the screenshots you posted). Adress: Jardin de la Paz, Calle Flores Magon, Del. Cuauhtémoc. Not the safest area but you should be fine as long your generally careful. Would suggest going during the day. As for other spots, the Alvaro Obregon monument inside Parque de la Bombilla is a must!

3:48

Based on the spots your interested in, this bank right outside the Chabacano metro station would probably to your liking

San Agustin skatepark is this cool bank to ledge bowl. It was one of the first skateparks in the country (used to be a bank to curb). Despite it being a skatepark and also not really transition, most people seem to be cool with it getting being used in videoparts. Off the top of my head, Mark Suciu and Karim Calendar have had clips there.

You'd probably love Guanacacha which was the first skatepark in the country, however I definitely would not recommend going there by yourselves. Area is super dangerous, if you plan on going there I highly recommend going with a local whose familiar with the area. I've never been there myself but I've read/heard warnings. Most likely won't be any other skaters there
https://es.foursquare.com/v/skatepark-guanacacha/53292b67498ea71c1be264d7

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:22:27 PM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 02:20:38 PM »
Thank you! You rule. It is very much appreciated. We have that hipped bank manny pad spot and the bank to ledge saved already, but not that orange one yet. That’s definitely up most of our alleys. I saw this cool quarterpipe looking praying mantis sculpture while looking for spots online too
fuck you bama

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 02:23:49 PM »
Thank you! You rule. It is very much appreciated. We have that hipped bank manny pad spot and the bank to ledge saved already, but not that orange one yet. That’s definitely up most of our alleys. I saw this cool quarterpipe looking praying mantis sculpture while looking for spots online too

Not sure what spot your describing. You got a photo?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 02:29:20 PM »

Grasshopper not praying Mantis*. I found someone’s spot map of Mexico City while searching the boards before making this thread

https://steemit.com/photography/@web-gnar/skatespots-in-mexico-city

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1iiXzotKL-uJ3l7USddpTDvadGII&ll=34.17433457436751%2C-97.06948699999998&z=4

fuck you bama

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 02:41:23 PM »
That's actually in the same public park as this place! Super fun skatepark

Also this thing the spot map had listed sounds like a great idea. Spot has  some other ledges and a cool ride on grind.

A couple blocks from that spot is the Roma Sur location of Chilango skate ship which has fun little skatepark which is open to the public as long as they aren't doing skate lessons at the moment (you can dm them on instagram asking about the schedule) and than right around the corner from that is this bank at Parque Maria Enriqueta Camarillo. A lot of really good street food in that little area. I actually used to work there.

2:10

This spot from the spot map is also relatively near there

Also nearby is this spot at Parque España

And this spot at Jardín Pushkin!

3:40

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:54:46 PM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 02:52:52 PM »
I’ll shoot them a message sometime next week. Thanks for the tip. Are they the big local shop in the area? A couple of my buddies have been before, but most of us are first timers. I got some bigger/wider wheels expecting it to be crustier than what I’m used to here in LA
fuck you bama

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 03:01:39 PM »
Definitely the most well known shop. They have another location as well. A lot of the city is extremely crusty, but a lot of these spots are actually very smooth. Crust level varies highly throughout city haha

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 05:41:50 PM »
Awesome. Good to know. I think the plan is to get a weekly bike-share pass of some sorts and cover ground that way. I saw that GX video and figured that they purposely sought out the crustiest stuff imaginable and that it would be somewhat manageable elsewhere
fuck you bama

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 06:04:50 PM »
been awhile but i used to like this spot with a stage and ledges called pilllares.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/9776bmAEiRYh2hzT7

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2024, 07:48:12 PM »
Thank you!
I’ll add it to our list
fuck you bama

Knox Harrington