Author Topic: Most hilarious career ender  (Read 22284 times)

benboardbreaker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
Re: Most hilarious career ender
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2024, 02:54:40 PM »
berra's mindfield part.

turdtastic

• Rep: 60
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2024, 04:34:42 PM »
Slash's mental deterioration following a breakup, that comes to mind.
I’m not a big Slash fan, but to say that’s funny is pretty fucked up…

KrisJolson

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2024, 05:26:59 PM »
crobs transworld part

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 65
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2024, 06:27:30 PM »
crobs transworld part

Weird beard, mellow part

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2024, 07:00:48 PM »
crobs transworld part

But its got nosegrinds and Gerry Rafferty. What else could you ask for?

corey websturd

« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2024, 02:22:45 AM »
Brian Sumner with his prison incident.did not really come back after that...And Duffel due to his Big Bro intw.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2024, 08:34:09 AM »
Ryan Fabry will always be the patron saint of career enders.

Seaholm trophy chuck is pretty funny and at least no one was cucked or killed (aside from his career).

Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Banned from the room

« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2024, 12:34:04 PM »
I was never really a Nazi I swear by 1010 Jason Jesse x KA x 9 club

Followed closely by the rapid dismissal of Kenny Anderson aka punchy bf

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2024, 01:00:16 PM »
not hilarious, and I'm surly very, very wrong but didn't something happen with Charlie Wilkins in the late 90s? Did he have a brother who skated as well?

Either one of his friends or another skater outed him as an antifa widow heckler, based on how he looked in the '90s. Henry Sanchez still applauded the witch hunt. Would be a funny career comeback without the death threats.

Ninj2

• Rep: -109
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2024, 01:06:41 PM »
The idea it is a career is funny. Get them clips my Gs
Get paid but it’s way more than just the love of skateboarding now. Now it’s hand and hand with the devil. Money is the root of all evil. Chris Johnson paintings hanging on the wall.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2024, 06:28:35 PM »
Ryan Fabry will always be the patron saint of career enders.

Seaholm trophy chuck is pretty funny and at least no one was cucked or killed (aside from his career).

Love to know where he is now. I get it that he was a “sore loser, poor sport” etc aside from this but it’s pretty funny in hindsight. Like I love contests actually but trying to one up someone else and score better is some sport jock type shit. At least he had a smile on his face while doing it, I think it’s funny that everyone took it so serious and that he was black balled for it. With all the shit that’s gone on and people kept their relevance, all it took was that? I have heard he’s cried at his placings before and I’m not trying to fend for him cause I don’t really care. Also what’s up with dude in the back grabbing that kid?

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 104
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2024, 06:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
crobs transworld part
[close]

Weird beard, mellow part

I give him credit for being injured and still filming a somewhat stylish part.

Heath wearing all white and making me cry is pretty funny

lurkluke

• Rep: 199
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2024, 08:16:59 PM »
crobs transworld part

Just watched this for the first time now.

Not sure any pro has done a manny/ledge part with zero flips before or since. Was it supposed to be a concept part or something?

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2024, 09:33:53 PM »
Brian Sumner with his prison incident.did not really come back after that...And Duffel due to his Big Bro intw.

What’s the Brian Sumner prison incident? Duffel had pro boards for almost 20 years after that incident. I’m sure it hindered his career but far from ended.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2024, 09:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
crobs transworld part
[close]

Not sure any pro has done a manny/ledge part with zero flips before or since. Was it supposed to be a concept part or something?

Lol, I doubt crob is actually capable of a concept part. Nah, he was just injured

burntout

• Rep: -46
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2024, 11:05:18 PM »
Well, this situation is messed up and definitely not funny, but someone I hardly know who works at a skate shop made an insensitive comment about Pspliff. He definitely got some bad comments

Not a career ended but bad looks

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2024, 02:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote
crobs transworld part
[close]

what about the fakie big flip manny

Getoffmycurb

• Rep: -9
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2024, 02:54:29 AM »
The only one of these that's even remotely funny or a career ender is
Mike Mo golf cart. He probably should have gotten taken out in fully flared.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 59
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2024, 04:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What’s the Brian Sumner prison incident? Duffel had pro boards for almost 20 years after that incident. I’m sure it hindered his career but far from ended.
Pretty sure he’s never been in ‘prison’.

Lived across the street from Sumner for a few years and have been working alongside his father in law for over a decade. I’ve asked him why he stepped away from professional skateboarding.

Wanna know the answer? Buckle up… he had kids. Didn’t get it at the time but by the time my kid had a schedule of going to and from school, soccer practice, homework, etc i get what he told me. Just wants to be a good dad.

Yeah, Duffel was top dawg on Foundation years after that incident. Only thing that ended his career was staying on Foundation for so long where you couldn’t really see him on any other team after that.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2024, 06:14:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
crobs transworld part
[close]

[close]

Fakie v flip manny in the bams
Crazy to critique a part while also not paying attention to it
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2024, 06:22:18 AM »
I wonder if Duffel would have been a blip on the radar but that interview got tongues wagging and gave him a good, long career?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2024, 10:13:07 AM »
J Cas's naked roof top sermon at P-Rod's house was a pretty good career ender.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/weird/pro-skateboarder-sorry-for-naked-rooftop-rant/1839106/

I do enjoy how he tried to spin it as him quitting skateboarding, when I'm pretty sure even Fallen Stars and Straps dropped him after this event.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 10:20:13 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 86
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2024, 11:43:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
crobs transworld part
[close]

[close]

[close]

Love that one and the fakie bigflip mannual.
I really like the part too.
It's not in my top 10 parts or anything but it's an easy watch, pleasant song, had some great unusual tricks (something I always appreciated about his skating and looked forward to seeing ever since his Hot Chocolate mannuals) and always made me want to go cruise about.
Always enjoyed his parts.

Shtonk

• Rep: -493
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2024, 12:49:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lived across the street from Sumner for a few years and have been working alongside his father in law for over a decade. I’ve asked him why he stepped away from professional skateboarding.

Wanna know the answer? Buckle up… he had kids. Didn’t get it at the time but by the time my kid had a schedule of going to and from school, soccer practice, homework, etc i get what he told me. Just wants to be a good dad.

Yeah, Duffel was top dawg on Foundation years after that incident. Only thing that ended his career was staying on Foundation for so long where you couldn’t really see him on any other team after that.

A "good dad"? Isn't Sumner on some born again preaching shit that's off the charts deluded? Sorry if I'm mixing him up, you're fried as fuck if I'm not.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2024, 12:58:48 PM »
I wonder if Duffel would have been a blip on the radar but that interview got tongues wagging and gave him a good, long career?

He had a ton of talent and a look that people gravitated to, so he was going to be fine no matter what.

I think the interview did cause him to lose Emerica as a sponsor and potentially miss out on riding for Baker. So if anything, the interview made him miss out on having a successful pro shoe and maybe the credibility of being a Baker guy. 88 Footwear wasn't exactly flying off of shelves.

if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Coolguy69

• Rep: 33
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2024, 01:05:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

A "good dad"? Isn't Sumner on some born again preaching shit that's off the charts deluded? Sorry if I'm mixing him up, you're fried as fuck if I'm not.

I hate to break it to you man, but someone can have religious views that you don't personally agree with and also be a loving parent.

lurkluke

• Rep: 199
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2024, 01:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
crobs transworld part
[close]

[close]

[close]

Okay one flip.

Still a very small amount of flips for a style of skating that is flip-heavy.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2024, 01:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I hate to break it to you man, but someone can have religious views that you don't personally agree with and also be a loving parent.
i hate to break it down to you man, but some one can have kids and a pro skateboarding carreer, but no one likes a corny ass born again religious pro.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2024, 02:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

this shit made me laugh for some reason

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Shtonk

• Rep: -493
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2024, 04:04:36 AM »
For some reason I just thought of Nick Tucker and got curious how he kooked himself out of the industry?