Poll

Who yall got this time?

Biden
47 (70.1%)
Trump
20 (29.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: March 09, 2024, 08:26:06 AM

Author Topic: Trump VS. Biden (again)  (Read 2904 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
Re: Trump VS. Biden (again)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2024, 02:15:02 PM »
I never try to be overconfident, but based off  Trumps record ever 2 years, would find it surprising for that to change all of a sudden

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2024, 04:22:41 PM »
I hope I am wrong,  but I feel Trump won his first term due to underestimating the lack of enthusiasm/likeability  for Clinton.   History will repeat itself.    Trump over Biden for the same reasons.    Regardless we are a nation in decline if these two are the best candidates we can come up with.   

gringo_viejo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2024, 07:33:22 PM »
"Things you are Not Stoked On..."

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2024, 01:30:32 AM »
I hope I am wrong,  but I feel Trump won his first term due to underestimating the lack of enthusiasm/likeability  for Clinton.   History will repeat itself.    Trump over Biden for the same reasons.    Regardless we are a nation in decline if these two are the best candidates we can come up with.   

From a non US perspective it's like a comedy show. First Trump gets elected because people hate Hillary so much, then Biden cause people hate trump so much, and now looks like people are ready to elect trump again as they've realized Biden is five years overdue from chilling in a nursing home

Pretty interesting to see if things will get back to somewhat normal again four years from now

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2024, 09:48:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

From a non US perspective it's like a comedy show. First Trump gets elected because people hate Hillary so much, then Biden cause people hate trump so much, and now looks like people are ready to elect trump again as they've realized Biden is five years overdue from chilling in a nursing home

Pretty interesting to see if things will get back to somewhat normal again four years from now

Are y’all seeing the video footage of trump speeches where he is clearly unable to speak properly? Dude is regularly confusing names, stumbling over words/sentences, and unable to make appropriate connections of people, places, and things.

Im curious because i regularly see comments about Biden’s age and mental clarity, but very, very little concerning Trump and his cognitive function.

I dont disagree that they are both too far gone, yet the focus on the age of Biden alone seems to me like a manufactured issue that is working quite well in distracting voters and bystanders such as folks outside the states from Trump in general
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2024, 10:58:27 AM »
Trump is likely going senile from the STDs you’d expect from a sex predator and raw dog prostitute purveyor.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/syphilis/symptoms-causes/syc-20351756

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2024, 11:08:54 AM »
Neither of these fools are cognitive. One can't talk and the other thinks they're running against Obama.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2024, 11:21:24 AM »
imagine obama or joe having a playdate with a hungarian despot at their own home..they'd all want him hung from the highest tree, but somehow this is all normal..

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 04:11:12 PM by Rusty Shackleford »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2024, 11:32:48 AM »
Most of the time the “cognitive decline” I see in Biden is from someone who has worked hard in their life to overcome a stutter

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2024, 11:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are y’all seeing the video footage of trump speeches where he is clearly unable to speak properly? Dude is regularly confusing names, stumbling over words/sentences, and unable to make appropriate connections of people, places, and things.

Im curious because i regularly see comments about Biden’s age and mental clarity, but very, very little concerning Trump and his cognitive function.

I dont disagree that they are both too far gone, yet the focus on the age of Biden alone seems to me like a manufactured issue that is working quite well in distracting voters and bystanders such as folks outside the states from Trump in general
Oh yeah trump seems to be getting senile too, so the election might become about who's the least senile candidate. Which would be hilarious if it wasn't real life

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2024, 12:10:29 PM »
Trump is going to win, unfortunately. And both options here are shit.

Im more scared of the Trump acolytes and state/county/city level extremist candidates who will be emboldened by him than I am of Trump himself.

I live in a battleground state and it’s absolutely insane some of the mouth breathers the Reps are fielding. I can understand (even if I disagree with it) Mitt Romney type educated, accomplished/successful conservatives, the christofascist swamp nazis on the ballot today are something fucking else.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2024, 01:51:04 PM »
Most of the time the “cognitive decline” I see in Biden is from someone who has worked hard in their life to overcome a stutter

This seems to me to be a fairly accurate assessment. Dudes got natural cognitive decline, he is old. Period, but youre spot on about the stutter and it being played/preyed upon.

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: -9
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2024, 04:27:43 PM »
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

eastcoastbarbarian

• Rep: -22
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2024, 04:51:30 PM »
Im goin turd sandwich

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2024, 05:18:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This seems to me to be a fairly accurate assessment. Dudes got natural cognitive decline, he is old. Period, but youre spot on about the stutter and it being played/preyed upon.

The fucking cognitive decline I hit when I turned 35 was notable.   Not sure if my (diagnosed) ADHD was kicking it, but I found it quantifiably harder to recall the names of thing.   

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2024, 06:06:44 PM »
I've watched all the Biden dementia compilations on Youtube and they're all a joke.  If he actually has dementia, I'd like to know.  Get back to me when Biden thinks he's in the 80's, or he can't remember Kamala's name.  Flubbing a few words while public speaking(to millions no less) or falling off a bike with cages is completely normal.  If they said it was early dementia or something, I'd say that's plausible, but they've been saying that for almost 10 years now.  It's the same shit they always pull, just throw a bunch of outlandish claims repeatedly knowing most people's political knowledge is facebook memes.

I'm not trying to start an argument on this, I just would actually like to know the answer.  I keep seeing shit about how the Dems had 50 years to codify Roe, but REFUSED to.  Was there actually a time in the last 50 years where we definitively had enough votes to get past the filibuster?  Like all this garbage social media political shit makes it sound like it'd be super easy to pass, but I remember support for abortion rights when I was a kid being pretty abysmal.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2024, 08:51:14 AM »
probably just going to vote trump because i voted for biden in 2020. just like to stir shit up for no reason. nothing matters either way, this country is doomed

Sometimes I really loathe the fact that everyone's vote counts equally
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2024, 09:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
probably just going to vote trump because i voted for biden in 2020. just like to stir shit up for no reason. nothing matters either way, this country is doomed
[close]

It’s even worse.

In a battleground state, that vote means a lot more.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2024, 09:41:40 AM »
I've watched all the Biden dementia compilations on Youtube and they're all a joke.  If he actually has dementia, I'd like to know.  Get back to me when Biden thinks he's in the 80's, or he can't remember Kamala's name.  Flubbing a few words while public speaking(to millions no less) or falling off a bike with cages is completely normal.  If they said it was early dementia or something, I'd say that's plausible, but they've been saying that for almost 10 years now.  It's the same shit they always pull, just throw a bunch of outlandish claims repeatedly knowing most people's political knowledge is facebook memes.

I'm not trying to start an argument on this, I just would actually like to know the answer.  I keep seeing shit about how the Dems had 50 years to codify Roe, but REFUSED to.  Was there actually a time in the last 50 years where we definitively had enough votes to get past the filibuster?  Like all this garbage social media political shit makes it sound like it'd be super easy to pass, but I remember support for abortion rights when I was a kid being pretty abysmal.
I'm not a neuropsychologist, but I am a Clinical Psychologist at the VA and used to do full-time cognitive assessments for geriatric patients. Dementia isn't dichotomous, but it's on a spectrum like any other neurocognitive disorder and it's pretty obvious both candidates have age-related declines.

Our executive functioning (frontal lobe) typically peaks around late 20's and everyone starts to show some declines once they hit late 50's or 60's, which is why some professions require retirement at a certain age (e.g. FAA requires retirement at age 65yo). Any gero psychologist would tell you both Biden and Trump have some level of neurocognitive impairment and should not be the leader of the free world. Even for people with very obvious dementia (e.g. Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein, etc) there are no fail-safes in US politics.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2024, 01:54:25 PM »
Just unite them into one person: Triden or Bidump

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2024, 02:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s even worse.

In a battleground state, that vote means a lot more.

I don’t understand why someone like this would bother voting at all.

“nothing matters, so I’ll probably go out of my way that day to vote”

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2024, 04:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm not a neuropsychologist, but I am a Clinical Psychologist at the VA and used to do full-time cognitive assessments for geriatric patients. Dementia isn't dichotomous, but it's on a spectrum like any other neurocognitive disorder and it's pretty obvious both candidates have age-related declines.

Our executive functioning (frontal lobe) typically peaks around late 20's and everyone starts to show some declines once they hit late 50's or 60's, which is why some professions require retirement at a certain age (e.g. FAA requires retirement at age 65yo). Any gero psychologist would tell you both Biden and Trump have some level of neurocognitive impairment and should not be the leader of the free world. Even for people with very obvious dementia (e.g. Mitch McConnell, Dianne Feinstein, etc) there are no fail-safes in US politics.

Thank you for this reply, this is the kind of opinion I like getting.  I wouldn't disagree with what you said either.  Without getting too deep into this, it just irritates the shit out of me that people pass over Trumps mental decline just because he's belligerent and antagonizes people.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2024, 05:10:55 PM »
Fuck trump
Cocteau Twins

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2024, 06:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I echo the appreciation that others have posted regarding your professional insight.

I am a speech-language pathologist, and I have my own professional opinions regarding both candidates. Each of them certainly has age-related cognitive decline. Having experience working with children and adults with dysfluent speech (stuttering), I feel my concerns are almost identical.

Overall, linguistic cohesion and sequencing of their messages seem lacking. Most worrying to me are instances when they are not self-monitoring and repairing their messages (e.g., using the wrong president's name, the name of an incorrect country, not adequately answering the question, etc.).

I was pleasantly surprised at how Biden performed during the State of the Union, overall. 

Considering the population size of the U.S., it is ridiculous that these are the two front runners. In my mind, the two options from the major parties signal how deficient the two-party system is.   
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 06:47:59 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2024, 07:56:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I echo the appreciation that others have posted regarding your professional insight.

I am a speech-language pathologist, and I have my own professional opinions regarding both candidates. Each of them certainly has age-related cognitive decline. Having experience working with children and adults with dysfluent speech (stuttering), I feel my concerns are almost identical.

Overall, linguistic cohesion and sequencing of their messages seem lacking. Most worrying to me are instances when they are not self-monitoring and repairing their messages (e.g., using the wrong president's name, the name of an incorrect country, not adequately answering the question, etc.).

I was pleasantly surprised at how Biden performed during the State of the Union, overall. 

Considering the population size of the U.S., it is ridiculous that these are the two front runners. In my mind, the two options from the major parties signal how deficient the two-party system is.   

In this 2nd gilded age, the system is functioning as it is intended. Oligarchs don’t give up their spot

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2024, 08:58:36 AM »
i think Trump could do good for the economy, why we paying $80 for a decks now?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2024, 09:15:34 AM »
Can you imagine the tens of votes either candidate would get from the skateboarding community if they ran a “Make Real Skating Affordable”

It’ll be abbreviated: “MRSA”

Guaranteed to win. You’ll see.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2024, 09:19:40 AM »

When has a republican ever done a good job with the economy?    One step forward two steps back and often a democratic president (like Carter with Nixon, Obama and bush, Biden trump) has to eat a shit sandwich that wasn’t their making

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2024, 09:27:02 AM »
I dont like either one of these candidates but its what were stuck with again...seemed like i could afford a lot more before Biden was in office. I didnt vote for Trump the first time around but things seemed pretty fucked right now economically.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2024, 09:41:06 AM »
Keep in mind, interest rates were historically low after Wall Street destroyed the economy in 2008. Interest rates went negative during Covid. Not much to do with who was in office. I would also say my opinion on why grocery prices are so high is because food companies want to maintain their margins. Cost goes up, prices go up more, margins stay the same and profits go up.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/REAINTRATREARAT10Y