Skateboarding > Skate Questions

Losing interest in skateboarding/feeling left out

(1/9) > >>

Indyrider600:
Been skating for a long time. Recently have been struggling finding the motivation to skate, feeling like it’s a very cliquey environment now and don’t have many friends to skate with anymore. It’s been my only passion and hobby for so long. My life still revolves around it, but I’m becoming very depressed with losing the motivation. I want to get back to where I was, any tips? Been steadily declining for the past two years.

bob george:
Some of my best friends are through skateboarding and a whole lot of the shittest humans I know are also through skateboarding.

Try to enjoy skating by yourself - I love it. It can definitely take time to get used to if skating with a crew has been your thing.

Are you saying your ability is declining or the motivation is declining? Try really hard to listen to yourself - do you want to ride a skateboard and have fun? Go and bomb a hill by yourself. Or do you want to hang out with people? The two are not intrinsically bound.

CossRooper:
Take a break! It's ok to not skate for a while. The inspiration will return, I promise.

GardenSkater77:

--- Quote from: CossRooper on March 07, 2024, 09:14:50 PM ---Take a break! It's ok to not skate for a while. The inspiration will return, I promise.

--- End quote ---

This advice only works until a certain age. I think you gotta force yourself to roll around even if you don’t feel like it because time on the board is the only way to stay engaged. I say smoke a bowl and go cruise and stop caring about the scene or progression.

behavioralguide:
Do some diy'ing/ spotfixing, skating can be more than hanging out at the same spot with the same dudes doing the same tricks if thats not cutting it anymore..

Or get a little video project going or something

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version