Author Topic: Nike SB | Rayssa's Dunk  (Read 1812 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Nike SB | Rayssa's Dunk
« on: March 15, 2024, 11:14:19 AM »

Roy Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Nike SB | Rayssa's Dunk
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 11:37:31 AM »
Back tail shuv is really cool on handrails. Haven't seen that move too often

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 12:58:37 PM »
This girls pretty good.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 12:58:42 PM »
Great edit and as always a pleasure to see her in the streets. Did not see the heel flip front board coming.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 02:12:28 PM »
Great edit and as always a pleasure to see her in the streets. Did not see the heel flip front board coming.

Yeah that pretty unexpected.
I'm really enjoying her style the more I see of it, especially on the ender - looked so smooth.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 04:47:35 PM »

She’s got the moves. Heelflip front board really was unexpected. High speed Fs blunt on that outledge was sick too

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 05:26:51 PM »
it's amazing to see the level of skating that girls have acquird in skating. Myself, who started skating in the very early 2000s, have been skeptical (to say the least) of the rising in popularity of skateboarding and the consequences that came along, but nowadays I find the presence of girls/women in skateboarding very cool.

I feel like up until this point women have had to proof themselves to male skaters, and they have been have been catching up so quick!

Probably gonna get alot of shit on this, but I'm eagerly waiting for the moment that women don't stop copying "male" skating but add their own input/flavour and put their mark on the discipline. Powerwise female skateboards probably can't compete with their male counterparts (which is fine, it's not a competition). However, I think in a few years there will be women who will change skating (for both male/female) simply because they have different insights/values (whatever you wanna call it) that could add substantially to the skateboarding culture, and 'm down to witness it go down.
ohyeahohyeah

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 01:06:59 AM »
Rayssa was the little kid doing grown up heel flips with fairie wings a bunch of years back, right? 

I think she’ll be the first female SOTY

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 01:16:34 AM »
^yep. The little logo on the shoe is an R with wings

^^as far as females not having the power I don't think I necessarily agree and rayssa is actually the best example of how just having a good technique would make up for it anyway. Before she came out there was a little bit of talk about changing the comp courses etc because stuff was too big. Then as a child half of everyone else's weight she showed if you actually pump at the right time and pop properly you can still get around a course and up onto rails and shit. She's still a kid and maybe she and other females will never have tyshawns pop but then 99.9% of males won't have that power either anyway

flocke

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 03:39:43 AM »
she has such great style!! also like the design of her dunk.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 06:35:57 AM »
Excellent, hope we'll get to see a lot more street skating from her.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -31
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 08:52:06 AM »
Rayssa’s dope but am I the only one feeling like 11-12 tricks for a pro shoe part is kind of weak?

I get the music was more chill and the focus was primarily on the shoe but I would have liked to see more clips from the girl.

I’m not a fan of these supposedly solo parts stuffed with guest clips. Ville had this with his recent part too. Reminds me of old Wu albums when dudes had more featured artists than verses.

Mota’s tricks were sick though.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 09:01:26 AM »
Rayssa’s dope but am I the only one feeling like 11-12 tricks for a pro shoe part is kind of weak?

I get the music was more chill and the focus was primarily on the shoe but I would have liked to see more clips from the girl.

I’m not a fan of these supposedly solo parts stuffed with guest clips. Ville had this with his recent part too. Reminds me of old Wu albums when dudes had more featured artists than verses.

I feel you, but I feel like these dunk colorway “parts” typically work that way, with some exceptions like Yuto’s.

Rayssa may bring female:male skating capabilities to parity which will be so fucking sick. She’s only 16, in 5 years I can’t wait to see what she’ll be doing.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 09:16:07 AM »
Women's skating is amazing these days and something I look forward to seeing.
I feel like the level is progressing so fast that some of the women who showed great potential only 5 years ago are getting left behind.
It isn't just about who can get the gnarliest or the most tech, it's also about style so Rayssa's one to watch.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 24
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 10:26:16 AM »
I don't think I can remember her ever doing a switch trick. She can obviously do them as I remember her doing perfect bs nollie flips and nollie big heels over hips, but curious why she doesn't really film them. Or maybe I have just missed them?

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 11:04:50 AM »
Rayssa was the little kid doing grown up heel flips with fairie wings a bunch of years back, right? 

I think she’ll be the first female SOTY

Ha I didn't know that! Cool to see she kept at it - she rips, and she's got great style! The nollie flip before the back tail down the rail looked really proper :)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 11:05:33 AM »

It’s more like a Transworld part where you highlight one guy, but feature the crew.   

Hasn’t she also had two other videos she was apart of come out in the past couple of months?   An April vid and maybe a solo part

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -112
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024, 11:06:07 AM »

Nbd on spot?
Big fat nollie tre

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2024, 01:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nbd on spot?

Considering the action that rail has seen over the years there's probably not a lot of NBDs, but I can't recall seeing it on video anyway. Then again as Roy Machine said - it's such a rare trick on handrails that maybe it is nbd there.

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2024, 02:00:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s more like a Transworld part where you highlight one guy, but feature the crew.   

Hasn’t she also had two other videos she was apart of come out in the past couple of months?   An April vid and maybe a solo part

She gets great one off clips in videos here and there but she needs a proper full part.

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -112
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2024, 02:27:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Nbd on spot?
[close]

Considering the action that rail has seen over the years there's probably not a lot of NBDs, but I can't recall seeing it on video anyway. Then again as Roy Machine said - it's such a rare trick on handrails that maybe it is nbd there.

Yep soo rare.. like Rayssa is the first person I recall doing that. It might be very simple, but no one else is doing that on rails. You know the closest I could get to is some ledge combos but whew
Big fat nollie tre

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2024, 07:40:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Nbd on spot?
[close]

[close]

Yep soo rare.. like Rayssa is the first person I recall doing that. It might be very simple, but no one else is doing that on rails. You know the closest I could get to is some ledge combos but whew
I think it’s an nbd on sylmar, and definitely a rare rail trick. Shout out to Matt Mumford’s back tail shove on the UCSD 8 in dying to live

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 41
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2024, 07:49:01 PM »
Rayssa's really fucking good

totallyradical

• Rep: -23
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 07:51:20 AM »
Women's skating is amazing these days and something I look forward to seeing.
I feel like the level is progressing so fast that some of the women who showed great potential only 5 years ago are getting left behind.
It isn't just about who can get the gnarliest or the most tech, it's also about style so Rayssa's one to watch.

I've been watching women's skateboarding contests for years now and the progression is so impressive.  Skateboarding in general has felt kinda stale lately (like I've seen it all 100x before) so maybe that helps me appreciate it even more.  Like someone else mentioned I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayssa win SOTY within the next decade, in part because she'll be highly marketable *cough*tyshawn*cough*.