Author Topic: Can’t remember if the board likes Huberman  (Read 7616 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Can’t remember if the board likes Huberman
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2024, 06:22:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont do this often hey Mods can you remove this, this has nothing to do with skateboarding
[close]
Hey. he skated EMB. respect your elders.

*and go take a cold shower while hyperventilating.
[close]

Are there clips, or do people remember him there?  Not calling him a liar, just curious what his connection is.

Oh I’d call him a liar

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 95
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2024, 06:33:25 AM »
Seems like all the people who know what's best for others are the ones who suck at their own life matters.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2024, 06:37:43 AM »
Seriously the meltdown people are having about this is awesome. People are binge drinking in defiance, donating AG1 to landfill, they're sleeping in until it's dark. No one is to be trusted anymore. It's a gloomy time for many.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2024, 06:53:03 AM »
He had some good advice on a skate thing I saw, I think on Jenkem. I’ve learned since then that he’s a kook.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2024, 07:04:22 AM »
Dude had six women / relationships at once going. Insane for a guy that is all about bettering yourself, to be ruining other people lives.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/andrew-huberman-podcast-stanford-joe-rogan.html

Honestly wishing I was one of those women rn.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2024, 07:24:10 AM »
I listened to a few podcasts featuring Huberman as a guest (Nine Club appearance and somewhere else), and even listened in on Tim Ferriss' podcast of success for a bit. I never got into all the 'biohacking' and productivity / personal growth obsession, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

But then my wife called this whole genre the "wealthy silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" and the spell was completely broken.

It isn't shocking when these self-help gurus end of being manipulative sleazebags in their personal (and often professional) lives. The constant endorsement of obvious snake-oil is a giveaway that they aren't big on ethics.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2024, 07:26:42 AM »
I think cow is the perfect skate video.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2024, 07:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Dude had six women / relationships at once going. Insane for a guy that is all about bettering yourself, to be ruining other people lives.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/andrew-huberman-podcast-stanford-joe-rogan.html
[close]

And that’s how he got six: you’re under his mind-magic spell now. He’s a neuroscientist you know.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2024, 07:37:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Until he sets a timer for after care to maximize the serotonin.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2024, 08:03:31 AM »
Expand Quote
I think there is some level of bullshit to this guy, but there are certain things he says that genuinely work for me.

For instance, I always wait 1-2 hours after I wake up to drink coffee and I swear the afternoon crash doesn’t happen anymore. He’s also promoted intermittent fasting, which I won’t ever stop doing now that I’m adjusted to it.

He’s definitely not on the mikey Taylor/rob dyrdek level, saying he’s the same as them is just wrong. At least the dude has actual content as opposed to pure fucking gobbledygook like what rob/mikey are spouting
[close]

https://slate.com/technology/2024/03/andrew-huberman-huberman-lab-health-advice-podcast-debunk.html

The coffe thing is huge. Been life changing for me. Stay focused and mentally pumped all day and no crash. I also started the cold showers which are good too but more obvious and less impactful than the coffee delay.

Honestly could care less about anyone’s dating life. Seems like anyone who’s been around a breakup knows people talk shit on their ex. If no laws were broken why get into that mess. I would hope women are aware that dating rich, famous men who travel is probably not going to be a great experience in monogamy.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2024, 08:08:05 AM »
Can't lie. I had a look at the Huberman subreddit and the ensuing meltdown is kind of funny.
That place was full on 4chan whenever I look at it in the past. Nothing but trolling about butthole tanning and the same dumb jokes about absurd supplement stacks. So I wouldn’t expect anyone ”melting down” in there to be an actual fan, or even a person…. Seemed like a pretty weird place.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2024, 08:18:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think there is some level of bullshit to this guy, but there are certain things he says that genuinely work for me.

For instance, I always wait 1-2 hours after I wake up to drink coffee and I swear the afternoon crash doesn’t happen anymore. He’s also promoted intermittent fasting, which I won’t ever stop doing now that I’m adjusted to it.

He’s definitely not on the mikey Taylor/rob dyrdek level, saying he’s the same as them is just wrong. At least the dude has actual content as opposed to pure fucking gobbledygook like what rob/mikey are spouting
[close]

https://slate.com/technology/2024/03/andrew-huberman-huberman-lab-health-advice-podcast-debunk.html
[close]

The coffe thing is huge. Been life changing for me. Stay focused and mentally pumped all day and no crash. I also started the cold showers which are good too but more obvious and less impactful than the coffee delay.

Honestly could care less about anyone’s dating life. Seems like anyone who’s been around a breakup knows people talk shit on their ex. If no laws were broken why get into that mess. I would hope women are aware that dating rich, famous men who travel is probably not going to be a great experience in monogamy.

Maybe I just don’t want to admit to have been sold snake oil, but being somewhat scientifically literate myself I always had the understanding that he was not an expert in most of the topics of the episodes. I mean it’s obvious considering the range of topics, and he stated it outright so I don’t see it as necessarily harmful to be summarizing new research that is suggesting interesting results. I also didn’t ever feel that I should be buying expensive products even if some were sponsors of the show.

I think the main problem is he got too popular in a mainstream audience who started to treat him as some kind of guru, as seems to so often happen, and not just a curious neuroscience fringe podcast about whether you should work on your excel sheets in a high-ceilinged or low-ceilinged room
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2024, 08:26:22 AM »
Haven’t kept up with the drama but provided it’s not sexual assault, someone being a cheater doesn’t impede their ability to be effective at something totally unrelated.

That being said, basically every influencer/social media personality has some degree of kook/cornball to them, so I’ve already not liked this guy for that. And he goes way out of his field of expertise fairly often.

Him, lex Friedman, Rogan, Tim Dillon, they’re all corny fucks

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2024, 08:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
bruh, you know the shit joey diaz used to do? i let that mofo tell me how to better myself too. hubermans pimpin, respec.
 du hast.

Joey Diaz stories are about as real as wrestling.

Huberman is tape as old as time, nerd get rich and famous - abuses women. Read the article though and dudes just plain weird. Probably a sociopath by the sounds of it.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

sk4terX

• Rep: -33
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2024, 09:01:25 AM »
Where is FuckThatGuy? We need you on this thread bro

sk4terX

• Rep: -33
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2024, 09:03:57 AM »
Getting tenure at an R1 like Stanford is REALLY difficult. Like, REALLY REALLY difficult. That world is 24/7 work. He is extremely smart, good looking, and makes damn good money. I understand how lots of women want him and why he could be reticent to jump into a legally binding relationship with a 50% chance of going through emotional and financial hell.

If that article indicated he was being abusive, then that is not okay.

EDIT: I will not purchase A1 greens.

Looool found Guberman's burner

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2024, 09:33:28 AM »
Where is FuckThatGuy? We need you on this thread bro

Borrowing from the Johan thread:

don't fuck that guy

nollieflip

• Rep: -17
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2024, 10:13:56 AM »
lol picture some gnarly dude like jack o grady about to try some gnarly death defying gap to rail.
Huberman there telling him just blink 5 times look into the sun this will reset the brain...

wax poetic

• Rep: 41
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2024, 10:24:38 AM »
Why i'm reading this on skateboarding forum

This!  If this shit has to be here at all it should be in the correct section at least and this isn't it.  All of the politics and shit that isn't skateboarding should be contained to the whatever section, that's what it is there for.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2024, 10:39:54 AM »
I saw someone commented on his Reddit about this something like “you guys go ahead and take a hot shower tonight.” Which I thought was pretty funny.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2024, 01:37:34 PM »

Whats good, my G? I agree
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2024, 02:28:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whats good, my G? I agree

Now this guy right here, 100% a real one. An endangered species if you will!

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2024, 05:32:08 PM »
There's only a single mention of Huberman having been a skateboarder. He seems somewhat a minor psychopath and technically did nothing illegal, though convincing several women they're in a monogamous relationship to have unprotected sex and spreading HPV is definitely frowned upon.

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2024, 07:02:41 PM »
I listened to a few podcasts featuring Huberman as a guest (Nine Club appearance and somewhere else), and even listened in on Tim Ferriss' podcast of success for a bit. I never got into all the 'biohacking' and productivity / personal growth obsession, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

But then my wife called this whole genre the "wealthy silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" and the spell was completely broken.

It isn't shocking when these self-help gurus end of being manipulative sleazebags in their personal (and often professional) lives. The constant endorsement of obvious snake-oil is a giveaway that they aren't big on ethics.

Nailed it.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2024, 07:41:19 PM »
How can anyone listen to these boring as fuck podcasts?

I mean Lex Friedman wtf? The cunt is about as charismatic as white dog shit.

And some roided up little ex fear factor midget with a vendetta against mainstream archeology? How the fuck is this so popular?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2024, 08:48:42 PM »
The Überman isn't a good boyfriend, what a shocker.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2024, 09:32:01 PM »

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2024, 11:24:39 PM »
https://www.epitaph.com/news/article/mark-from-the-unseen-is-interviewed-by-thrasher

He wrote for Thrasher in the early ‘00s.

Say what you will, but so this is freedom is a fucking banger. 7th grade me was about that shit.

Shtonk

• Rep: -328
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2024, 03:56:10 AM »
I'm a big fan of his insight, guests, and explanations of shit that are difficult to understand. It's a bummer his personal life isn't dialed in, but hopefully he's working it out. I don't see any reason to demonize him, it sounds like he hurt some peoples feelings but I doubt it was transgressive on his part.

Did you read that article? No reason to demonize? Fuck off, bro-boy

Shtonk

• Rep: -328
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2024, 03:57:08 AM »
Getting tenure at an R1 like Stanford is REALLY difficult. Like, REALLY REALLY difficult. That world is 24/7 work. He is extremely smart, good looking, and makes damn good money. I understand how lots of women want him and why he could be reticent to jump into a legally binding relationship with a 50% chance of going through emotional and financial hell.

If that article indicated he was being abusive, then that is not okay.

EDIT: I will not purchase A1 greens.

Maybe read the article before talking dumb shit, my guy