Author Topic: Can’t remember if the board likes Huberman  (Read 7603 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -327
Re: Can’t remember if the board likes Huberman
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2024, 03:59:22 AM »
This article reads like a graphic novel. Typical personal hit piece that is common in today's media landscape.

Yeah whatever happened to the good times when men could just treat women however the hell they wanted in their private life and nobody batted an eye. Today's media landscape clearly the element at fault here.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2024, 04:02:32 AM »
The Überman isn't a good boyfriend, what a shocker.

Die Hubermensch

Shtonk

• Rep: -327
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2024, 04:08:36 AM »
Funny how threads like these always bring out the "did he do anything illegal?" and "this isn't about skateboarding" crowd. Why are you fuckheads not over at Tim Pool's compound already?

Also all the guys sticking to this ex-military Joe Rogan buddy's side because he helped you drink less coffee and do cold showers, I really feel for you that it took you until this douche's podcast to find out about some of the most basic health routines that have been out there for centuries. The double-inbreath technique (another variation is the 8-seconds inbreath, 4-seconds outbreath) is part of basic Yoga teachings and that shit is I don't know how old. Cold showers/baths are recommended in medieval tomes already.

For all the coffee/drinking/fasting advice, I hope it's okay if I borrow the "rich silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" line, that phrase is pure art and would gnar if i could.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 04:16:33 AM by Shtonk »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2024, 05:37:27 AM »
Funny how threads like these always bring out the "did he do anything illegal?" and "this isn't about skateboarding" crowd. Why are you fuckheads not over at Tim Pool's compound already?

Also all the guys sticking to this ex-military Joe Rogan buddy's side because he helped you drink less coffee and do cold showers, I really feel for you that it took you until this douche's podcast to find out about some of the most basic health routines that have been out there for centuries. The double-inbreath technique (another variation is the 8-seconds inbreath, 4-seconds outbreath) is part of basic Yoga teachings and that shit is I don't know how old. Cold showers/baths are recommended in medieval tomes already.

For all the coffee/drinking/fasting advice, I hope it's okay if I borrow the "rich silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" line, that phrase is pure art and would gnar if i could.

It’s ok to not feel strongly one way or the other about every person after every article gets published on the internet. That novel posted above was boring and the accusations not  serious enough to make me feel compelled to suffer through it especially for huberman who’s also pretty boring. I don’t think anyone is suggesting he invented science or is putting him on the same pedestal you are. I actually heard about the no coffee for first hour at a talk on a business retreat in Costa Rica last year from this lady who talks about fitness, happiness, longevity, etc. Lots of people are putting these ideas out, huberman is just a popular consolidation as far as I can tell and it’s way easier to say “I’ve been doing that huberman no coffee thing” than to refer to more obscure sources. And anyone who is well read/studied knows that nothing is really original out there especially in self help, productivity space. I don’t get that criticism. Like who would actually be well read and also think that?

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2024, 06:01:49 AM »
Not to derail, but cutting caffeine in general can greatly increase mental focus. It’s just a fact that I’m not entirely sure why one would need to told this.

A lot of components of the western diet are detrimental to brain functionality.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2024, 06:34:38 AM »
Presently, he's just posting about other things and hasn't addressed it.

The fact that he hasn't responded to either A) Clear his name of the cheating accusations, or B) Regarding the counterpoint questioning the quality of his sponsor AG1, is a terrible sign and look.

I imagine a person who had nothing to hide would refute those claims and openly show their clean hands. To hide in the shadows seems like a cowardly move here.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2024, 06:59:56 AM »
I have listened to several of his podcasts, I liked college lectures and learning about new things.
He always seems codependent to me. Like he really wants to be an esteemed gentleman scholar in the minds of his listeners and guests. He has to be liked and revered.
His relationships also seem very codependent. He needs many women to fall for him, he bases his self worth off of It.

meg

• Rep: -64
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2024, 07:29:52 AM »
Im willing to bet everything I own that cold showers and cold plunges dont do anything for you but make you cold

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2024, 07:33:38 AM »
Haven't read the article but how do these things even come together? Like is someone from x magazine just digging into celebrities' private lives? Or did Huberman's partners all come together and start contacting magazines with the story? How do they even fact check things like this?

There's this musician I'm a fan of and his ex recently posted this statement on twitter accusing him of a lot of things - not as bad as this. A lot of people instantly believe her, some people say wait to here his side of the story, but in that case it sounded very one sided and you wonder what her goal was in even posting it. Apparently, the musician said he's not even going to respond to it. I mean...you'd think some of it must be true otherwise why would they post it but we also had instances like Herd & Depp.

I'm curious as to the statement Huberman makes as a response. I never followed the guy too closely so it's like, "oh, surprise, another famous person is (apparently) a shitty person". 

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2024, 07:35:52 AM »
Presently, he's just posting about other things and hasn't addressed it.

The fact that he hasn't responded to either A) Clear his name of the cheating accusations, or B) Regarding the counterpoint questioning the quality of his sponsor AG1, is a terrible sign and look.

I imagine a person who had nothing to hide would refute those claims and openly show their clean hands. To hide in the shadows seems like a cowardly move here.

Funny, I think it’s a great sign and look.  It’s great, actually, that people are starting to not feel the need to debase themselves to the mob that somehow feels it’s their right to demand it of them.  You all have no idea how cooked you are.  Good for Andrew.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2024, 07:37:22 AM »
Haven't read the article but how do these things even come together? Like is someone from x magazine just digging into celebrities' private lives? Or did Huberman's partners all come together and start contacting magazines with the story? How do they even fact check things like this?

There's this musician I'm a fan of and his ex recently posted this statement on twitter accusing him of a lot of things - not as bad as this. A lot of people instantly believe her, some people say wait to here his side of the story, but in that case it sounded very one sided and you wonder what her goal was in even posting it. Apparently, the musician said he's not even going to respond to it. I mean...you'd think some of it must be true otherwise why would they post it but we also had instances like Herd & Depp.

I'm curious as to the statement Huberman makes as a response. I never followed the guy too closely so it's like, "oh, surprise, another famous person is (apparently) a shitty person".
In the article it talks about how all of his ex’s got together and shared texts and things and he would be with one texting two more at the same time. Dude had his hand in multiple cookie jars.
Don’t wish these situations on anyone but it’s kind of like fuck around and find out

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2024, 07:42:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
In the article it talks about how all of his ex’s got together and shared texts and things and he would be with one texting two more at the same time. He would even send the same selfie to multiple girlfriends. Dude had his hand in multiple cookie jars.
Don’t wish these situations on anyone but it’s kind of like fuck around and find out

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2024, 09:04:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s ok to not feel strongly one way or the other about every person after every article gets published on the internet. That novel posted above was boring and the accusations not  serious enough to make me feel compelled to suffer through it especially for huberman who’s also pretty boring. I don’t think anyone is suggesting he invented science or is putting him on the same pedestal you are. I actually heard about the no coffee for first hour at a talk on a business retreat in Costa Rica last year from this lady who talks about fitness, happiness, longevity, etc. Lots of people are putting these ideas out, huberman is just a popular consolidation as far as I can tell and it’s way easier to say “I’ve been doing that huberman no coffee thing” than to refer to more obscure sources. And anyone who is well read/studied knows that nothing is really original out there especially in self help, productivity space. I don’t get that criticism. Like who would actually be well read and also think that?

Yet here you are taking probably more time out of your life to post this to tell us you don’t care. It’s also ok to care and talk about influential figures being frauds and shit people.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2024, 09:16:14 AM »
But then my wife called this whole genre the "wealthy silicon valley bros preaching macho eating disorders" and the spell was completely broken.

Your wife is a gem and I appreciate her summation! I will be repeating it throughout my life. I gnar you on her behalf. Reminds of this other gem about Neen from awhile back:

(body-focused sponsor-slut)

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2024, 09:18:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yet here you are taking probably more time out of your life to post this to tell us you don’t care. It’s also ok to care and talk about influential figures being frauds and shit people.

i'm not telling other people how to think, i'm responding to someone judging me for how i think. there's a huge difference there. not everyone has to give a shit about the things that get other people triggered or outraged. what happened to opinions being like assholes... someone not agreeing or caring about something you care about doesn't open them up personal attacks unless your just an asshole. if you think the guys a kook, congratulations but maybe don't insult people who are indifferent or see it differently.

that said i'm not a fan. i just argued with a bunch of people in this other professional network i'm in about this video a few weeks back.

terrible parenting advice IMHO from a lady who's clearly an overwhelmed single mom talking to a guy who's clearly never been married or had kids about how to raise kids. very pushy judgemental stuff in there and IMHO really shit advice all around. huberman seems to think that you can "reason" your way around the best way to interact with difficult toddlers and can't seem to stop kissling this lady's ass about every thing she says.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2024, 09:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
In the article it talks about how all of his ex’s got together and shared texts and things and he would be with one texting two more at the same time. He would even send the same selfie to multiple girlfriends. Dude had his hand in multiple cookie jars.
[close]
Okay, for anyone who needs it:

tl;dr: Huberman is accused of living a double life by multiple ex-girlfriends. They allege he maintained a public image of healthy living and self-control while privately deceiving and manipulating them for years, claiming they were in exclusive relationships while dating several women simultaneously.

The article also raises some concerns about Huberman's podcast, suggesting he sometimes overstates the certainty of scientific findings, discusses topics outside his expertise, and profits from questionable health supplements. However, the alleged deceptions in his personal life, which the women documented extensively after discovering each other, are the focus of the piece.

The accusations paint a picture of a man with a carefully crafted public persona that is distinctly at odds with his private behavior. In the aftermath, his accusers have formed a support group to process their experiences and help other women he may have deceived.

So the allegations are all about him being an asshole in his private life. As to his podcast, it doesn't sound like he falsified data so his professional findings and presentations are still valid, valuable information.

His public image is definitely tainted - to say the least - and now it seems, for his listeners, a big question is can you still listen to his podcast/support him after all this has surfaced?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2024, 09:22:25 AM »
lol I can totally tell who in this thread has been (or thinks they've been) wronged by a woman and hasn't gotten over it.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2024, 09:23:23 AM »
I have listened to several of his podcasts, I liked college lectures and learning about new things.
He always seems codependent to me. Like he really wants to be an esteemed gentleman scholar in the minds of his listeners and guests. He has to be liked and revered.
His relationships also seem very codependent. He needs many women to fall for him, he bases his self worth off of It.

A lot of these guys seem to have been pudgy or awkward kids who felt slighted by girls and now focus all their energy on being the perfect man and getting their revenge.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Dad Board

• Rep: 65
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2024, 09:58:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A lot of these guys seem to have been pudgy or awkward kids who felt slighted by girls and now focus all their energy on being the perfect man and getting their revenge.

Pudgy Awkward Lad Society

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 10:40:28 AM »
Honestly could care less about anyone’s dating life. Seems like anyone who’s been around a breakup knows people talk shit on their ex. If no laws were broken why get into that mess. I would hope women are aware that dating rich, famous men who travel is probably not going to be a great experience in monogamy.

Username checks out
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2024, 11:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pudgy Awkward Lad Society
Well done! Gnar’d.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2024, 11:55:41 AM »
Im willing to bet everything I own that cold showers and cold plunges dont do anything for you but make you cold

not true.
they've clearly also helped a large number of garden-variety yogis gain/maintain social media traction.

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 159
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2024, 12:18:55 PM »

Having lived for a decade in a household with a broke ass furnace/water heater I can confirm that those ice cold showers did nothing beneficial for my being.

They certainly didn’t help me in the dead of winter either.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2024, 12:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
In the article it talks about how all of his ex’s got together and shared texts and things and he would be with one texting two more at the same time. Dude had his hand in multiple cookie jars.

My wife's cousin had her last two serious boyfriends cheat on her, and she has been single for about 2 years now. In that time frame, she has habitually dated multiple people at the same time. Like 3-4 dudes at once, even going out on different dates the same day.

If I was dating someone, I wouldn't want them to be dating other people at the same time. That being said, she's not in a committed relationship and is allowed to do what she wants with who she wants. I think that same logic applies here. If dude wants to date multiple people at the same time, let him. If the chicks don't want to be in that situationship, can't blame them.

Time for an ice coffee bath or something to help my brain.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2024, 12:29:12 PM »
Ok who else here got duped into buying a jawzersize? Asking for myself.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2024, 12:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

My wife's cousin had her last two serious boyfriends cheat on her, and she has been single for about 2 years now. In that time frame, she has habitually dated multiple people at the same time. Like 3-4 dudes at once, even going out on different dates the same day.

If I was dating someone, I wouldn't want them to be dating other people at the same time. That being said, she's not in a committed relationship and is allowed to do what she wants with who she wants. I think that same logic applies here. If dude wants to date multiple people at the same time, let him. If the chicks don't want to be in that situationship, can't blame them.

Yes. Because that is exactly what Huberman did. All these women knew it wasn’t an exclusive relationship. That discussion never happened.

work_lurker

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2024, 12:48:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yes. Because that is exactly what Huberman did. All these women knew it wasn’t an exclusive relationship. That discussion never happened.

Don't ask don't tell I guess.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2024, 01:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

While he was at the IVF clinic with his long term live-in girlfriend, who was getting shots so they could conceive a kid together for their committed monogamous relationship, he was texting one of his his mistresses (who also thought she was in a monogamous relationship with him) about meeting up later. Not really the same thing as your cousin probably.

meg

• Rep: -64
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2024, 01:24:37 PM »
Huberman the type of dude that calls meat "protein"

work_lurker

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2024, 01:36:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

While he was at the IVF clinic with his long term live-in girlfriend, who was getting shots so they could conceive a kid together for their committed monogamous relationship, he was texting one of his his mistresses (who also thought she was in a monogamous relationship with him) about meeting up later. Not really the same thing as your cousin probably.

Admittedly, I didn't read the article. Just spark notes from the last couple of posts. What a waste of a bunch of money for IVF. That dude belongs in horny jail. My cousin would never.