Author Topic: Conjecture: Johan Stuckey  (Read 7367 times)

Haido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Conjecture: Johan Stuckey
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2024, 12:01:50 PM »
this guy was nowhere NEAR the level of popularity Alex Olson and Dylan were. never even heard of this guy until he got ousted as a creep / loser. not sure what gave you that idea? wknd will never be as big of a brand as Alien and Crail were in the late 2000s.

obviously you guys didn't watch weekendtage over in ontario.
du hast.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2024, 02:33:34 PM »
I’m 2012 or so, I was skating Copley in Boston and there was a younger kid that was  ripping the fountain. I  talked to him for a bit and he mentioned that he was from Miami, and grew up skating with the weekend crew who were all a couple of years older than he was. During our brief chat, he mentioned how cruel Johan was, and how much of a bully he was to his group of friends. They all looked up to the older guys (Johan‘s crew). Anyway, it did stick with me how this kid seemed pretty fixated on stressing the fact that Johan was not a pleasant guy to be around
This tracks well with the vibe I got from him tbh. Never liked that dude.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2024, 02:37:43 PM »
Was a big fan of the guy, his CV2 part was great and he had a great trick selection. When Alien 2.0 started I was hoping him and Bert would end up on it.

That said, dude would have fallen off sooner or later and didn’t really have any staying power. He’d have never gotten fully on Vans and if it wasn’t for his homies having a brand he’d have just been flow forever.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2024, 02:40:13 PM »
Asked Grant about Johan a while back. He said dude was in counseling and working to find ways to make amends and learning how to right his wrongs.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

MrDuckey

• Rep: -80
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2024, 03:06:50 PM »
What I always found strange was that Johan had to get the std from some other girl first right? Why isn't there a witch hunt to find her and ruin her career too? Double standard.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 268
  • often correct
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2024, 03:42:33 PM »
What I always found strange was that Johan had to get the std from some other girl first right? Why isn't there a witch hunt to find her and ruin her career too? Double standard.

Buttworm

• Rep: 32
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2024, 03:45:36 PM »

Think it’s more to do with a heads up?

Before you pass the parcel

Buttworm

• Rep: 32
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2024, 03:48:03 PM »

Hey Johan how’s it going

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2024, 03:58:34 PM »

I bet you felt so proud of yourself when you typed this out. And for the record, that still wouldn't absolve Johan of culpability for his actions. Nice try though

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 40
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2024, 05:26:03 PM »

Damn, that's a really clever point! With your calm, collected logic you have totally exposed the fascist, discriminatory leanings that hide behind our woke, feminist discourse! I feel small and ashamed now; my hypocrisy has never been uncovered in such a cruel manner!

I think we're focussing on Johan's actions because, and I could be way off the mark here, this is a skateboarding messageboard, and Johan used to be a professional skateboarder who rode for a skateboard company.

But hey, feel free to start a thread on who gave Johan Stuckey an std in a messageboard that caters to discussion by and for sexually active women, preferably those with an unconventional taste in men. Let us know how you're getting on in six months.

p.s.: What about the guy that gave the std to the girl that gave the std to Johan? Let's keep this little game going man!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 06:01:39 PM by ThatIsNotCricket »

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2024, 05:31:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, that's a really clever point! With your calm, collected logic you have totally exposed the fascist, discriminatory leanings that hide behind our woke, feminist discourse! I feel small and ashamed now; my hypocrisy has never been uncovered in such a cruel manner!

I think we're focussing on Johan's actions because, and I could be way off the mark here, this is a skateboarding messageboard, and Johan used to be a professional skateboarder who rode for a skateboard company.  But feel free to start a 'who is the girl that gave Johan the std?'-thread in the whatever section.

p.s.: What about the guy that gave the std to the girl that gave the std to Johan? Come on, let's keep this game going.

What about the guy that got the first STD ever? Was God mad at him? Is this all God's fault?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Stab n Kill

• Rep: 2
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2024, 05:45:11 PM »
What if whoever gave it to him just either didn’t know at the time or handled it well by informing him prior and he still went in

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2024, 05:52:32 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, Johan was my favorite skater at one point and I bought a bunch of WKND boards and gear mostly because of him. I was always a fan of his style and how everything looked like a battle to him. It was relatable since nothing on a board has ever been easy for me.

I obviously do not fuck with him anymore but this used to be one of my favorite parts

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2024, 06:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think we're focussing on Johan's actions because, and I could be way off the mark here, this is a skateboarding messageboard, and Johan used to be a professional skateboarder who rode for a skateboard company.  But feel free to start a 'who is the girl that gave Johan the std?'-thread in the whatever section.

p.s.: What about the guy that gave the std to the girl that gave the std to Johan? Come on, let's keep this game going.
[close]

What about the guy that got the first STD ever? Was God mad at him? Is this all God's fault?

He got it from some chick, who got it from an apple that God had put there as a test. He was fucking pissed. Still is, actually; never really got over it.

I don't know how God got the std, and how he got it in the apple, though. But it's best to not ask too many questions on that. Moral of the story is that MrDuckey is actually right; it's all the fault of a woman, and therefore of all women, now and forever.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2024, 06:19:59 PM »

you really thought you were onto something here. fuck you.

MrDuckey

• Rep: -80
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2024, 07:49:45 PM »
It's just sad that the poor guy lost his livelihood without ever going before a judge and a jury of 12 peers. People in the skate industry have actually been found guilty of killing someone and remained sponsored

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2024, 08:02:55 PM »
pretty sure johan has oral hsv. a lot of folks can get that from an early age. there’s alot of cases of it being passed down from family through gestures of kissing. what he did is unacceptable and kooky. there’s a ton of misinformation regarding hsv. both hsv 1 and hsv2 are transmissible to any part of the body. the misinformation being that hsv 1 is strictly oral and hsv 2 stricly genital. cold sores are herpes

edit: nah fuck johan. he knew he had it. the wknd team knew he had it yet this fool ignored any preventative measures/disclosure. the virus can lay dormant in the system despite not having an initial OB or any symptoms. with that a lot of folks don’t even know they have it yet can transmit it to others.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 04:34:25 AM by texastoast »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2024, 02:48:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think we're focussing on Johan's actions because, and I could be way off the mark here, this is a skateboarding messageboard, and Johan used to be a professional skateboarder who rode for a skateboard company.

But hey, feel free to start a thread on who gave Johan Stuckey an std in a messageboard that caters to discussion by and for sexually active women, preferably those with an unconventional taste in men. Let us know how you're getting on in six months.

p.s.: What about the guy that gave the std to the girl that gave the std to Johan? Let's keep this little game going man!
how are you gonna assume she got it from a man. what if she got it from a girl

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2024, 06:52:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea dude you are a real butthole. I want to cancel you now. How do I begin this process.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2024, 07:12:57 AM »
I loved Johan Stuckey and was bummed when he blew up his own career. Skated with him once at Chevy Chase and he was super-good and also very friendly. I believe he’d still be around and garnering likes and follows if he hadn’t made some terrible decisions around sexually-transmissible infections.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2024, 07:17:37 AM »
Would’ve been real easy to just tell the girl you have herpes and are on medication. Hard to transmit when you’re on medication and don’t have an outbreak. Actively not taking your medication, knowing you have herpes and having unprotected sex, then pretending to freak out when a girl texts you she’s sick and acting like you didn’t just give it to her is some low level sociopathic shit.

Magnolia

• Rep: 442
  • She/They
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2024, 08:09:53 AM »
It's just sad that the poor guy lost his livelihood without ever going before a judge and a jury of 12 peers. People in the skate industry have actually been found guilty of killing someone and remained sponsored

we don't need a judge and jury to know you suck
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2024, 08:30:20 AM »
Would’ve been real easy to just tell the girl you have herpes and are on medication. Hard to transmit when you’re on medication and don’t have an outbreak. Actively not taking your medication, knowing you have herpes and having unprotected sex, then pretending to freak out when a girl texts you she’s sick and acting like you didn’t just give it to her is some low level sociopathic shit.

100%, though in the texts johan states he was on meds and didnt have an ob. but thats johan he could be lying.

honestly disclosure is easy but rejection is hard. it’s just something folks with stis gotta come to terms with.  fucking over someone and unknowingly giving them an sti that’s there for life, that’s way worse than getting rejected

i personally have been stuckeyed so i know how the victim feels. the first few years of finding acceptance within yourself after constant rejection fucking hurts but knowing that youre doing your best and being honest with others and yourself is where it’s at. being upfront about it attracts the right people

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2024, 01:06:51 PM »
Damn. Props for sharing. Don’t be like Johan if that shit happens to you. Be like Texastoast.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 11
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2024, 03:14:37 PM »
I also dont think he would be very relevant today, his approach to skating is of an older era and even WKND has turned to more ledge tech skaters like burzinski, piombo.

I see your points, it looks they have been focusing on new blood this year and the current trend is what I call the "Frog" aka Millic/JAlba approach to skateboarding which I describe as being goofy for the sake of being goofy.

Frog related, I discovered Pat G via Heckride (they have really good taste in picking segments form parts) and his mid 2010's parts were solid, I wish he kept that going. On the flip side Frankie is a current favorite and hope he keeps skating big.

I think he was a rad skater but nowhere near on the trajectory you're putting him on. Bummer he got canceled but it's whatever... if you're doing shitty things to people it's going to catch up to you and just because someone is semi-famous doesn't mean they should be exempt from repercussions.
+
Was a big fan of the guy, his CV2 part was great and he had a great trick selection. When Alien 2.0 started I was hoping him and Bert would end up on it.
That said, dude would have fallen off sooner or later and didn’t really have any staying power. He’d have never gotten fully on Vans and if it wasn’t for his homies having a brand he’d have just been flow forever.

Based on straight facts you guys are right, he wasn't on a "real" company like Deathwish/FA/Real so even if he did get on Vans his staying power just wasn't there. Restating my opinion: I believe he had some momentum going in late 2019 to where he could have made some moves if he kept getting coverage, but we'll never know for sure.

Thanks all for contributing to the discussion, my goal was to get other skaters' insights on this niche subject and you guys delivered.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2024, 04:44:47 PM »
Are you sure about this? I’m skeptical only because if it has to be active herpes to transmit it I don’t know how anyone gets it. When I have an outbreak I don’t feel like sex because it hurts.

Unpopular opinion- it’s just herpes. Yes you should tell people but it’s not HIV or syphillis. I don’t think it’s cancel worthy, but that’s just me.

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2024, 06:34:45 PM »
Unpopular opinion- it’s just herpes. Yes you should tell people but it’s not HIV or syphillis. I don’t think it’s cancel worthy, but that’s just me.

Besides the obvious discomfort and the increased risk to catch other infections, a woman with herpes can infect her child during pregnancy and/or delivery, which can affect the (developing) child's internal organs and nervous system and lead to a miscarriage or a child with serious health problems. It's not HIV, but it's also not just a silly, simple annoyance.

ThatIsNotCricket

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2024, 07:02:30 PM »

Good point. I don't know, I sometimes just assume things that I maybe shouldn't; the female gender of the person that gave the std to the girl (as per MrDuckey's assumption) that gave Johan the std, the inability of Leicester City to ever win the league, the honesty and truthfulness of someone who says he's going to try to nollie tre a hydrant. I'm a man who sometimes makes a mistake.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2024, 08:29:52 PM »
wasn't the entire premise of wknd loosely based around the fact that this dude couldn't get a real board sponsor?

Stab n Kill

• Rep: 2
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2024, 09:49:04 PM »
Johan Stuckey had a thrasher interview a few years back. The first photo showed him and Nick Cave hanging out.  I guess they had become buddies through Johan babysitting children of well-off LA folk