Author Topic: Marc Johnson Fully Flared Part  (Read 1920 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
Re: Marc Johnson Fully Flared Part
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2024, 08:26:01 PM »
Pretty Sweet part is so much better, FF part lacks taste a certain tastefulness

Sorry I had to

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2024, 11:14:57 PM »
This video aged like Dustin Dollin

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2024, 12:45:55 AM »
It's a testament to Mark that his "magnum opus" is not anywhere near his best part, but at the same time it's impossible to say which of his others is. Who are we to judge if his Pretty Sweet part is better than his part in Tilt Mode? Whether Modus ranks above or below Seven Steps to Heaven? Transcendent greatness.

Massivebellend

• Rep: -11
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2024, 02:16:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Pretty Sweet part is so much better, FF part lacks taste a certain tastefulness
[close]

Sorry I had to

Hahahah my bad

After watching MJ’s part had a FF binge and think Koston’s part was kinda underrated/a lot better than MJ’s, good length, great songs, all killer no filler.

The amount of unnecessary lifestyle/b roll shots in MJ’s part is a real pisstake

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2024, 03:21:01 AM »
Man, this part has really aged. Still a phenomenal part and his magnum opus but I think the last time I watched FF in its whole (which, honestly, probably a decade ago) I remember it still feeling on par with videos of the time.

I still think FF was a landmark video. Kind of signaled the end of the zero/baker/flip handrail/stair heyday and ushered in not just the somewhat gratuitous ledge dancing, but more creative/off the wall skating getting limelight.

Can’t believe it’s approaching 20 years old. Still remember getting a leaked file on Skate perception and watching it on my family computer as a high schooler.

To me Mindfield felt like the definitive end of the hour long skate video era, YT has it clocking 1:00:16 and FF 1:26:09. FF ends at Guy's 2nd song, don't think I've rewatched MJ's part in full more than 5 times after all these years, it ends when Goodbye Horses ends.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2024, 03:47:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Man, this part has really aged. Still a phenomenal part and his magnum opus but I think the last time I watched FF in its whole (which, honestly, probably a decade ago) I remember it still feeling on par with videos of the time.

I still think FF was a landmark video. Kind of signaled the end of the zero/baker/flip handrail/stair heyday and ushered in not just the somewhat gratuitous ledge dancing, but more creative/off the wall skating getting limelight.

Can’t believe it’s approaching 20 years old. Still remember getting a leaked file on Skate perception and watching it on my family computer as a high schooler.
[close]

To me Mindfield felt like the definitive end of the hour long skate video era, YT has it clocking 1:00:16 and FF 1:26:09. FF ends at Guy's 2nd song, don't think I've rewatched MJ's part in full more than 5 times after all these years, it ends when Goodbye Horses ends.
For me the end is pretty sweet. There was still blueprint make friends with the colour blue, habitat origin and emerica stay gold (and prob more I'm forgetting) after mind field that big crowds would all go to the premieres for and buy the DVDs and Blu rays and would be received well.
Pretty sweet was the last one of those for me (and seemed like many others). Remember after the premiere there being a weird vibe like everybody in denial/shock like "yeah I guess that was pretty good" but inside like I think that might have actually sucked.
Then by the time vans propeller was out it was very much like why the fuck are we still doing this

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2024, 03:54:08 AM »
Actually surprised by some of the clips that got used despite ty's high standards, both filming and trick wise

that manual to rolling on the ground 3 flip to manual is some real trash

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -114
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2024, 09:25:48 AM »
Agreed with Massivebellend

I loved pretty sweet. Mj's part in here is so good. Best-of-decade worthy.

Funny that his Nov 2012 cover trick was just a goof off.

WE GOT FIVE YEARS
Big fat nollie tre