Author Topic: Brian Anderson Interview  (Read 3491 times)

ggrimmedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
:p

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Brian Anderson Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 02:43:15 PM »
gonna be honest. i couldn’t give less of a fuck about that drawing thing at the beginning

but i will say, im starting to believe the rumors that he’s sick.

Dad Board

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 02:52:19 PM »
gonna be honest. i couldn’t give less of a fuck about that drawing thing at the beginning

I haven’t heard those rumors but he is very thin bordering on gaunt. Could just be that he’s a vegan that gets lots of exercise? Hope he’s ok, man. Love BA.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 03:03:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I haven’t heard those rumors but he is very thin bordering on gaunt. Could just be that he’s a vegan that gets lots of exercise? Hope he’s ok, man. Love BA.
im watching it now, he keeps reiterating that he had a tough winter and someone was mean to him through text and caused him to lose weight and that he’s trying to put it back on, but i don’t know he seems extremely stressed and on edge and super thin in an unhealthy way

Dad Board

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 03:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
im watching it now, he keeps reiterating that he had a tough winter and someone was mean to him through text and caused him to lose weight and that he’s trying to put it back on, but i don’t know he seems extremely stressed and on edge and super thin in an unhealthy way

He probably got trapped on the subway with bolts the snowman

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 06:03:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hmm I can’t tell if it’s just being close to 50 and it seems like he’s starting to skate more so he’s lost some weight (in addition to quitting drinking as I think he’s discussed on IG)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 06:19:49 PM »
I feel uncomfortable speculating. But he does look less healthier/grounded compared to when he was last on the Nine Club etc. BA is an all time favorite of mine.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 06:31:43 PM »
Rumors? I just figured he was thinner due to no more alcohol.

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 95
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 10:00:43 AM »
Looking like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia

Making light of AIDs is supremely wack. That was a devastating time and comparing BAs weight loss to someone depicting AIDs is extremely homophobic. Maybe you’re gay and trolling but either way that comment is a major bummer

BreakfastSandwich

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 11:40:47 AM »

I bet it was Staba that was mean to him.

Nothing against vegans, but I once gave my vegan buddy a hug goodbye and he felt like a skeleton.

Stab n Kill

• Rep: 2
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 12:05:46 PM »
I feel like he must be going through a tough time.  He appears fairly uncomfortable and kind of jerky; sorta like someone on pills or sturng out.  I hope that isn't the case, and hope that he's able to bounce back/become stronger.

Stab n Kill

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2024, 12:12:23 PM »
Around the 23 minute mark, he goes into a tangent of claiming that he's a creative director.  Just cause you want to help someone on a project, doesn't make you a creative director.  The couple of minutes were kind of strange

Stab n Kill

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2024, 12:16:21 PM »
I take that last post back...I guess he was a creative director for 3D skateboards....Another thing I wanted to add is that its odd how he went on about how he tries to consume less plastic, and how he is more aware of his own consumption.  Then 1 minute later, at the 26 min mark, he's drinking from a plastic bottle of water.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2024, 12:21:39 PM »
I take that last post back...I guess he was a creative director for 3D skateboards....Another thing I wanted to add is that its odd how he went on about how he tries to consume less plastic, and how he is more aware of his own consumption.  Then 1 minute later, at the 26 min mark, he's drinking from a plastic bottle of water.

He also has a tattoo of the pope and a big upside cross next to him as an anti religion thing w/o realizing the upside down cross is the popes logo.   I don’t go to BA for deep thoughts, I go to him because he’s wonderful to watch skating

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2024, 12:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Making light of AIDs is supremely wack. That was a devastating time and comparing BAs weight loss to someone depicting AIDs is extremely homophobic. Maybe you’re gay and trolling but either way that comment is a major bummer

Dad Board

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2024, 12:30:17 PM »

Would kook FOH

ggrimmedd

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2024, 01:41:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Wait there are really rumors about that? Tbh he looks far from healthy in a lot of ways... seeing some photos of 2022 of him really shows a big difference

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 416
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2024, 01:45:07 PM »
Mayyyybe…. He seems awkward because he spent decades drinking to mask/cope with the anxiety of doing these interviews and he’s learning how to be comfortable in his own skin without a crutch. Give the guy a break. Maybe.

Stab n Kill

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2024, 03:15:19 PM »
I know what you mean...He came across relatively at ease during recent nine club or Angel/Living Proof Radio interviews...but yeah, maybe he was just simply uncomfortable for this one.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2024, 05:48:10 PM »
i hope/want to believe that the reason he seems a bit off is that he is overthinking his answers due to a bit of a language gap. it's like he's trying to simplify things for folks that english isn't their first language, i.e. the interviewer

SkatingOnNeptune

• Rep: -20
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2024, 07:23:42 PM »
Being vegan is terrible for you

GaryDahLegend

• Rep: 4
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2024, 01:23:18 AM »
I only watched like 5 minutes, but any awkward/strangeness seemed to come more from the production. He intros, dude tells him to look at the camera, he does it again and they edit all of this in then proceed to awkwardly zoom in on his foot and shirt and cut off his hairline and chin zoomed in so hard on his face like they're trying to build some sort suspense while BA is trying to carry this interview with literally no structure from these dudes. Maybe hold off on getting big names until you have an actual vision for what you want something to be so an obviously emotionally fragile dude doesn't look awkward for your sludge pump to get clicks.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2024, 02:50:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Wait there are really rumors about that? Tbh he looks far from healthy in a lot of ways... seeing some photos of 2022 of him really shows a big difference
yeah i’ve heard about it a few times from people where i was like “how the fuck would you know that?” and then again from someone i know has some sort of insider knowledge. none of these people know each other. i wrote it off all times as i suspected BA is someone that would probably say something if so, but this interview really kind of did it for me.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 99
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2024, 05:36:33 AM »

He isn't vegan
Cocteau Twins

ggrimmedd

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2024, 11:40:00 AM »
I only watched like 5 minutes, but any awkward/strangeness seemed to come more from the production. He intros, dude tells him to look at the camera, he does it again and they edit all of this in then proceed to awkwardly zoom in on his foot and shirt and cut off his hairline and chin zoomed in so hard on his face like they're trying to build some sort suspense while BA is trying to carry this interview with literally no structure from these dudes. Maybe hold off on getting big names until you have an actual vision for what you want something to be so an obviously emotionally fragile dude doesn't look awkward for your sludge pump to get clicks.

Not only the "vision" but it seems the guy asking questions is just plain lost, seems like he doesn't know anything that BA is mentioning, it's hard to maintain a conversation when one of the parties is just afk

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2024, 01:56:19 PM »

He was in Brazil, 95% of the water bottles here are plastic made (not in metal cans or glass bottles). He was probably offered that and accepted it.

SkatingOnNeptune

• Rep: -20
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2024, 09:58:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He isn't vegan

Oh I must've misunderstood, I thought someone said he was. I don't really follow BA like that.

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2024, 12:34:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

He isn't vegan
[close]

Oh I must've misunderstood, I thought someone said he was. I don't really follow BA like that.

yeah you rather discuss an interview of his without watching him, it seems
fun fun fun

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2024, 02:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

and

Expand Quote
[close]

Would kook FOH

ggrimmedd

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2024, 03:11:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was in Brazil, 95% of the water bottles here are plastic made (not in metal cans or glass bottles). He was probably offered that and accepted it.

As in the whole world basically? Literally everyone can buy a metal water bottle and carry it around if you are so aware of plastic consumerism. But yeah BA can't travel with a bottle like the rest of us or even buy glass water, it's not like doesn't exist in brazil or the rest of the world.

If you care that much about something, double down or don't even start