Author Topic: Race for next Toronto pro  (Read 2283 times)

Cousin Avi and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grassb0mbBangurm0m

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • 6 god on god

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 38
Re: Race for next Toronto pro
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 01:23:04 PM »
Unfortunately since they’re both Canadian, I think flow to AM first would be a more realistic race if it’s not for a Canadian company. The skateboard industry is for whatever reason 10x harder to get recognized in as a northern neighbor. It’s a bummer, cause some of the sickest skaters come from up there
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 01:29:05 PM »
Unfortunately since they’re both Canadian, I think flow to AM first would be a more realistic race if it’s not for a Canadian company. The skateboard industry is for whatever reason 10x harder to get recognized in as a northern neighbor. It’s a bummer, cause some of the sickest skaters come from up there

Is this still true though? I feel like the lines have been blurred and it matters less where  you physically are to come up.  But I am not Canadian and know nothing

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 38
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 01:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this still true though? I feel like the lines have been blurred and it matters less where  you physically are to come up.  But I am not Canadian and know nothing

I’m sure it’s a little easier now. Maybe I’m just out of touch and don’t know any of the Canadians coming up right now. I just always think of Antoine’s name not being on a board when I think of Canadians getting overlooked
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 01:48:47 PM »
Thank you for reminding me bout Ben st. Aubin. Dude is so fun to watch

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 01:58:19 PM »

Really liked his part in Home, always worth a rewatch. 06:53

Would love to see him get his due

Ninj2

• Rep: -70
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 02:13:04 PM »
 Hey. My bad for bingo wak here but bingo pro is wak

TVs and every thing

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 02:54:25 PM »
Hey. My bad for bingo wak here but bingo pro is wak

TVs and every thing

one of my favorite hooks of any rap song. rip mac dre. iirc this was his last full project he released before he was murdered

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 03:05:42 PM »
dwayne is sick. seen him around the city and at the yds pop up

https://youtube.com/shorts/MCY16hiSZcU?feature=shared

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2024, 04:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’m sure it’s a little easier now. Maybe I’m just out of touch and don’t know any of the Canadians coming up right now. I just always think of Antoine’s name not being on a board when I think of Canadians getting overlooked
It used to be impossible to get on good sponsors if you were anywhere but Van. BDK sort of changed that living in Toronto, getting fully on Habitat and then Quasi, and getting fully on DC and then Cons. Wade was Toronto based when he got on Primitive and eS. So, it's changed a bit, Morgan Smith never getting fully on DC for not relocating to the states always bugged me.

It's def not as bad as it was in the late 90s/00's. Where if you were trying to make it with an American board brand you had to be out in Van (Tony Ferguson, Colin, McCrank, Wade, and Spenny) or move to the States (Apples). Dime's brought a ton of attention to the MTL scene and Toronto has some people. I'd say it's hard to make it in general if you aren't in SoCal, Bay Area, NYC or Philly anyway, only issue for Canadians is it's harder to move to the states. UK guys were overlooked for years until Atlantic Drift and Palace unless they moved stateside like the Flip guys.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 04:23:21 PM »
Not a TO guy, but Zander.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 04:52:07 PM »
zander should actually have his name on a real board brand, not studio. bless asics for hooking him up proper.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2024, 04:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
zander should actually have his name on a real board brand, not studio. bless asics for hooking him up proper.

studio is a cool brand though
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2024, 07:16:07 AM »
Those two guys are great skaters! I have not been following them as much as some of the other guys though I have to say!

Not from Toronto, but from Hamilton which is 1 town over, there are 2 guys in here Shaun Shimada and Bailey Seager that are 2 of my favorite skaters right now. They are both on Mehrathon which is the Canadian Distributor for Ace Trucks, Baker, Primitive, Last Resort, Polar, and a bunch of other sweet brands. Super super technical skaters, making any spot look awesome.

Here is Bailey at the Baker park

Here is Shaun at the Primitive park

If you want to watch a really sweet tech skating video from this part of Canada, check this out, these guys have lots of clips as well as lots of other great skaters:

There is another big distributor called Supra that has DLX, FA/Hockey, Crail, and they I believe they keep riders like Alexis Lacroix and Will Marshall on a salary to promote their brands as well. So I think the direction that things are going is the distributors are actually working more closely with the skaters now in Canada instead of them just getting flowed for eternity. I am not really sure exactly how it works to be honest but it seems to me like they are treating the riders quite well compared to in the past they werent really trying to do anything with them.

Bandee

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2024, 07:29:58 AM »
Canadian here  ;D

lee yankou is my favourite forsure

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 111
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2024, 07:53:26 AM »
thinking about whos next out of canada makes me realize how many guys should have gotten some shine. my list of "who is next pro" is way shorter then my "who should have had it."

when they do break out they end up having insane talent like wade, spenny, will marshall, BDK, dustin henry, TJ rogers

lee yankou is a legend, footage always so entertaining

from this thread ben st aubin is my pick, buddy's parts are so fun to watch
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 08:00:28 AM by Stu Pickles »

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2024, 08:09:31 AM »
thinking about whos next out of canada makes me realize how many guys should have gotten some shine. my list of "who is next pro" is way shorter then my "who should have had it."

when they do break out they end up having insane talent like wade, spenny, will marshall, BDK, dustin henry, TJ rogers

lee yankou is a legend, footage always so entertaining

from this thread ben st aubin is my pick, buddy's parts are so fun to watch

Pretty sure his dad can kick back tail, which is a fun neat fact.

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2024, 10:07:16 AM »
Stafhon Boca is officially am? so technically he is in the lead if so.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2024, 11:25:32 AM »
Both skaters rip. Solely on the presented footage. Ben by a nose.

Dwayne I could see crail am. We could drop Ben on just about anyone for a fit. So long as he doesn't be in productive or hard to work with.

His footage looking clean in that first one. He's going pretty frickin fast
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2024, 02:29:57 PM »
Stafhon Boca def seems probable for Tdot guys. Johnny Purcell for aws if we're talking Canada-wide maybe

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2024, 03:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
studio is a cool brand though
also he burned even those bridges by quitting and dumping all his footage on ig

Laohsu

• Rep: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2024, 05:08:01 PM »
It’s tough to say where those two would fit as far as global distro board sponsors go. Saw a Toronto vid by Tomas Morrison (the guy who films a lot of Bobby’s footy) called Juice that came out recently. This dude Aaron Jones ended the vid and he’s too sick. Looks like he’s flow for Limosine and fits the team well. Hope to see him in their next vid

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2024, 05:42:25 PM »
I'm interested in quick footed stuff lately.
Huf shit. Block to block.

What's the most hilly skate scene in Canada?
(A)pl(E)

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -32
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2024, 12:27:09 AM »
Does anyone actually even go pro anymore? What even is pro at this point? No one's getting shoe models anymore. Even if you get a board the prices are so jacked no one's buying em. Clothing don't make the money it used to. The hat Energy drink companies are moving on. As a personal achievement I'm sure its still dope but I feel like going pro has took a back seat to like dubious crypto sponsors and weed investments.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2024, 11:56:19 AM »
Zander is like the best Canadian skater out right now . Every clip is just chefs kiss

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2024, 02:00:53 PM »
zanders real good. guess he left studio and is now being flowed by sour solutions. other than sour not too sure which brands he’d fit. passport maybe? maybe krooked?

also just watched more of bens footage and holy shit

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2024, 04:18:59 PM »
Does anyone actually even go pro anymore? What even is pro at this point? No one's getting shoe models anymore. Even if you get a board the prices are so jacked no one's buying em. Clothing don't make the money it used to. The hat Energy drink companies are moving on. As a personal achievement I'm sure its still dope but I feel like going pro has took a back seat to like dubious crypto sponsors and weed investments.

I feel like pro basically meaning the crew loves you so much the world must know. I could be wrong tho.

What is a skate bland other than a work crew?
(A)pl(E)

Grassb0mbBangurm0m

• 6 god on god
« Reply #27 on: Today at 11:29:37 AM »
Stafhon Boca is officially am? so technically he is in the lead if so.

this is true, Stafhon is constantly travelling and releasing footy.

Grassb0mbBangurm0m

• 6 god on god
« Reply #28 on: Today at 11:32:43 AM »
It’s tough to say where those two would fit as far as global distro board sponsors go. Saw a Toronto vid by Tomas Morrison (the guy who films a lot of Bobby’s footy) called Juice that came out recently. This dude Aaron Jones ended the vid and he’s too sick. Looks like he’s flow for Limosine and fits the team well. Hope to see him in their next vid

pretty sick video Justin fabus murdered the C ledge.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #29 on: Today at 12:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pretty sick video Justin fabus murdered the C ledge.

Fabus fucking rips. I had heard he/they were working on something for 5Boro a while back? Not sure if that ever came out, but yeah that Juice video was fantastic and Justin killed the C ledge for sure.