Author Topic: Most illegal things to do during a line?  (Read 5737 times)

Never Bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Most illegal things to do during a line?
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2024, 12:45:17 PM »
What do yall think about Dills iconic pick up board and walk down steps line from photosynthesis? It's clearly a fucking rad line but I think it would be pretty illegal to copy

I remember first seeing that - just being like, you can do that!?!?! Iconic for sure. But yeah, don’t push your luck trying to copy it

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2024, 01:10:04 PM »
jay walk.

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -61
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2024, 04:00:40 PM »
What do yall think about Dills iconic pick up board and walk down steps line from photosynthesis? It's clearly a fucking rad line but I think it would be pretty illegal to copy

Nobody says it but i will. Dills part is only good because the song and the edit. the skating is very whatever and just cool. Its also only a hand full of tricks and as far as tricks go, its some of his least impressive footage.

That line where he gets off his board and starts walking around has all the things people mentioned in the thread on here all in one. He does a 360 flip on flat and doesnt even do it that well. starts smiling. has pedal pusher pants on. picks his board up and just starts walking around NY just to ollie some thing. The ollie would have been way cooler single from the bottom.

Everyone else in the video skated better than him......

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 46
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2024, 04:13:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nobody says it but i will. Dills part is only good because the song and the edit. the skating is very whatever and just cool. Its also only a hand full of tricks and as far as tricks go, its some of his least impressive footage.

That line where he gets off his board and starts walking around has all the things people mentioned in the thread on here all in one. He does a 360 flip on flat and doesnt even do it that well. starts smiling. has pedal pusher pants on. picks his board up and just starts walking around NY just to ollie some thing. The ollie would have been way cooler single from the bottom.

What else do you need?

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2024, 04:17:59 PM »
Only thing that comes to mind is insta pushing after doing a trick.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2024, 02:21:05 AM »
I hate seeing flatground 3-shuvs in lines.

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2024, 03:13:26 AM »
You would love street parts from early 90’s.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2024, 03:36:33 AM »
This is one of the most iconic things ever done during a live (Ricky Oyola, 411, Philly metrospective)

https://youtu.be/fSZnZwbDV3I?si=OTtoE-8r5by8h_SK

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2024, 04:21:30 AM »

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -61
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2024, 09:05:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What else do you need?
[/quote

AVE at the end. Kalis. Pops. Fuck it, wenning had the best part. Literally everyone killed it and Dill's part is really whatever. Big dill fan since always and forever. Love his skating. Photo was his worst output. Its the song. not the skating, that makes his part so epic.

Him and AVE should have had a shared part at the end or something. Anything else really.....

pumpin4theman

• Rep: 8
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2024, 09:35:36 AM »
press the button and wait for the walk signal to cross the street

unlock a locked door with a key to get to next spot

flip a coin to decide on your next trick

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2024, 10:21:37 AM »
Fart really loud. Shart?

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2024, 10:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can’t believe you forgot the fakie revert after the fakie front shuv

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2024, 10:35:38 AM »
Jason Byoun in Lurk NYC: Looney Bin

The line where he starts with a switch heel and then reverts afterwards is so ignorant. I love it.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 95
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2024, 11:02:37 AM »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2024, 11:26:12 AM »
^Both of the dudes above me get a gnar. Feeling like Oprah today.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2024, 12:23:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You would love street parts from early 90’s.
Carroll at EMB would be like pressure flip down 3, 3 shuv floor sweeper , then crook to noseslide

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2024, 12:26:01 PM »

unlock a locked door with a key to get to next spot

idk that one goes kinda hard
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2024, 06:07:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm really just watching for the handstlye and then when he smiles and looks at the camera out the corner of his eye on that trick it's fuckin perfect.

It's perfect. I've always liked the Dill since the beginning.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Troubadour26

• Rep: 77
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2024, 06:42:54 PM »
has anyone answered, “be Andy Anderson”?

Trashboat Lance

• Rep: -4
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2024, 12:05:09 AM »
- Blatant scrape on a manny trick mid line
- In an effort to slow down, powersliding all the way around to switch, then powersliding back to regular
-  Counting a “line” as a flatground trick before a trick down a gap/rail or vice versa
- “Half push” or “baby push”; either push with full force or don’t - the in between looks strange
- Disturbing homeless people or pedestrians on purpose

Gaff

• Rep: 6
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2024, 03:42:33 AM »
Never got appeal of having a smoke in your mouth/hand during a line.

+1 on the stanky leg tre flip - they look contrived and vain

I wouldn’t know about that. Ciggie in mouth really makes the footage stand out for me

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2024, 02:12:53 PM »

The line where he starts with a switch heel and then reverts afterwards is so ignorant. I love it.

word for word....almost like....you're Ben Kadow himself...?

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2024, 02:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You think people shouldn't smile during a line?

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 53
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2024, 02:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You think people shouldn't smile during a line?
Smiles?? You're telling me we aren't all supposed to look like we hate skateboarding like Ben Kadow?

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -485
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2024, 02:48:24 PM »
They should. Looking like your dog died after you landed a banger is the worst thing. 

Well, just after excessive self celebration and the screaming homies/hugging/run to high five thing  ;D
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2024, 04:12:11 PM »
Policing other people's expression of feeling stoked is lame. Sounds like it comes from a bitter place.

We're all doing this to get stoked. But, some people don't want to see other people to show that?

Imagine seeing someone overcome a battle and be embraced by their crew and showered with high 5s, and instead of being vicariously hyped, you instead think: "uh, no, that seems a bit excessive, they seem way too happy, does the trick really mean that much to them?"

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 53
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2024, 05:33:07 PM »
I was being fully sarcastic in my response. I’m with yall. I can’t stand the overly serious look people have. The more smiles, the better.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2024, 05:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

word for word....almost like....you're Ben Kadow himself...?

Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:06 PM »
Policing other people's expression of feeling stoked is lame. Sounds like it comes from a bitter place.

We're all doing this to get stoked. But, some people don't want to see other people to show that?

Imagine seeing someone overcome a battle and be embraced by their crew and showered with high 5s, and instead of being vicariously hyped, you instead think: "uh, no, that seems a bit excessive, they seem way too happy, does the trick really mean that much to them?"

do you know where you are right now
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?