Skateboarding > Skate Questions

Do you use the term blindside?

(1/2) > >>

bob george:
I was talking to some local kids who all skate pretty good (10-14ish age range) at the park the other day and in describing a trick, I called it blindside, as in drifting backwards while going to fakie. They had no idea what I meant and I had to explain it, and then I realised that I hadn't heard anyone say "blindside" in a long time and then had the realisation that maybe it was just a thing the older dudes around me said when i was growing up and not really an accepted term...

if i haven't been clear about the trick, picture a natural footed skater going up a bank on it's righthand side, do a kickflip to fakie but drift to the lefthand side of the bank while in the air...

and if you do use the term, what do you call the opposite, drifting forwards to fakie?

Jebediah:
blindside is good I also like "the hard way"

kook1234:
alley oop or the hard way.

blindside is what won Sandra bullock an academy award

frontsideNECKTIE:
I haven't used that term but I would know exactly what you mean.

+1 for "hard way" or "alleyoop" (kind of dependant on spot/trick)

bob george:
It's not alley-oop though really because you're not rotating the opposite direction

unfortunately i could only find a fb link to this clip of kareem doing the shit out of what I might call a blindside kickflip to fakie, and you definitely wouldn't call it alley-oop unless he did a bs180 at the same time right?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=740728016812059

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version