Author Topic: Does anyone know the dimensions of 1992 Blind decks?  (Read 602 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Does anyone know the dimensions of 1992 Blind decks?
« on: April 15, 2024, 10:20:47 AM »
I've posted in the ads and trades about a 1992 Guy Mariano Roger Rabbit deck, and seems like I've not gotten noticed or.... Someone isn't familiar with the dimensions so I'd rather ask many of you fine people who maybeeeee would know or have a deck that could compare it to so i can figure out an equivalent deck of the same size...
Dueces Bitch's

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Does anyone know the dimensions of 1992 Blind decks?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 11:20:00 AM »
There always a guy Mariano slick deck reissue a couple of years ago, maybe that was the same shape? You could probably find the wheelbase info online still. Not much help, but I’m here for this 90’s setup!

smg1138

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 11:52:03 AM »
If it's from 1992 then it's probably about 9" wide in the middle with somewhat of an egg shape. As I recall, that's how most boards were at the time. It's crazy that not long after that we went all the way down to 7.5" decks. Seems like everything was moving at light speed in the early 90's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 12:15:43 PM »
There always a guy Mariano slick deck reissue a couple of years ago, maybe that was the same shape? You could probably find the wheelbase info online still. Not much help, but I’m here for this 90’s setup!

So for the sake of on topic what would your recommendation or close to look like?

I think I've got a match (correct me if I'm wrong) , my wife and I were scoping about on different sites looking for the equivalent to this deck.  It's an 8.75" not sure the wheelbase but the shape and width are what counts as far as I'm concerned. Probably going to just rock some Indy 159s and those lil beatdowns spitfire's. I thought about venture trucks but in reality if it weren't for the deck I really wouldn't use the Ventures at all.

Dueces Bitch's

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 12:36:57 PM »
https://primewood.la/products/prime-heritage-n-3

Probably similar to this shape.
I remember having that Guy board. Got that and Love Child the same day. 
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 01:24:28 PM »

Dude 😎 thank you that's rad, exactly as I remembered it.  Save a few bucks on price I was looking for.

Mine got stolen from a bully who just so happened to skate as well,  he "borrowed it to go to the store"  I should've been a bit more cautious.
Dueces Bitch's

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 04:36:25 PM »

There are probably quite a few options there, with regard to boards from 1992, but the one I have from that time is 9" at the widest point, down to closer to 8.5 at the back trucks, 14" wb and a little under 32 long, so fairly long kicks.

Other boards like the "Flyer shape" you had the pic of, as per this copy and paste:

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

8.75 x 31.5 with 14.25 wb

That Prime board looks about the right shape, but I don't know about 14.8 wheelbase on it - thought everything was closer to 14" around that time.

Either way, it wouldn't be hard to drill it in some if needed.

Good luck with it.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 05:02:25 PM »
http://skate618.com/products/skateboard-wheelbase-mod-tool

If you need to modify the wheelbase here’s the tool.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 08:26:10 PM »

can’t imagine Guy riding an almost 15” wheelbase at that point in time, highly doubt Guys shape would’ve it either! Jovantae was tall as hell for a skater back then and Guy was still young.

i’d ask prime, they’ll probably know.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 11:23:39 PM by BL0B »

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 01:42:43 AM »
If it's the same board size as the FUBK series, Guys board would be 8.75" x 31.8" and 14.21"wb..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2024, 03:19:40 AM »

Just been browsing a few old board pics but then came across this board still in stock.

Would it be much like or very similar to this one?

https://fierskateshop.nl/product/blind-mariano-accidental-gun-death-slick-deck/

BLIND MARIANO ACCIDENTAL GUN DEATH SLICK 8.75″
€ 104,95 incl. btw

blind heritage guy mariano accidental gun death slick bottom 8.75 skateboard deck width: 8.75″ / length: 31.8″ / wheelbase: 14.2″ mellow concave /  steep kick

features: guy mariano reissue pro model. original art by marc mckee (instagram marcmckee)  original shape, original slick bottom finish. blind skateboards heritage collection.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2024, 04:47:47 AM »

There are probably quite a few options there, with regard to boards from 1992, but the one I have from that time is 9" at the widest point, down to closer to 8.5 at the back trucks, 14" wb and a little under 32 long, so fairly long kicks.

Other boards like the "Flyer shape" you had the pic of, as per this copy and paste:

Expand Quote

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

[close]

That Prime board looks about the right shape, but I don't know about 14.8 wheelbase on it - thought everything was closer to 14" around that time.

Good luck with it.
I'm 6'2" is that wheelbase really going to make a difference?  I remember it was narrower than the Ray Underhill I had but not sure how the board felt length wise
Dueces Bitch's

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2024, 04:34:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

Good luck with it.
[close]
I'm 6'2" is that wheelbase really going to make a difference?  I remember it was narrower than the Ray Underhill I had but not sure how the board felt length wise

More than anything, I think when I look at a board or am not sure if it will work with the current wheelbase, I put the trucks on the deck lightly and just stand on it on carpet or something and feel the manual point, the lift and even just feel a little ollie or two just to see.

In doing that I have realised that some boards just do not work as well where the holes are drilled before I set the board up, so in drilling it in, usually only 3/8" but sometimes more, I can then grip it and have it work better for me.

I also have six hole baseplates, so putting the trucks on with just the last two holes, from the old school pattern also means I can feel it out at that point too, just to see if it is too light, or works better than where the existing holes are drilled.

I would rather not have to redrill a board at all, or if I have to, drill it before gripping and setting it up, as having two sets of holes through grip is a pain to me.

Any which way, if that deck seems like a good option as is, give it a try and see - it might work, or it might not, but for something that might not be an every day rider, there is more room to change things up if needed.

Compare some of your other boards to see what wheelbases are on those too.  Most commonly boards have 14.25 to 14.38 or 14.5 wb, but some go up to 14.6 or 14.75 but not a lot over that, besides vert boards, or really big, long popsicles or old school type setups, eg single kick type boards.

I recently drilled in the Real Jimmy Wilkins 8.86 board, from 15" wb back to about 14.62 taking the tail in 3/8" and it feels way more normal to ride now, but other boards like the orange eagle at 9 x 33 with 15" wb fit well on the board and I don't modify them at all and skate them as is just fine.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2024, 04:41:31 PM »
I just thought about it more a d looked at the photo of me doing an imp. It's way bigger than I think

That mason graphic is really sick. Fuckin go for the adventure is what I'm getting there. No fear
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 07:07:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

Good luck with it.
[close]
[close]

More than anything, I think when I look at a board or am not sure if it will work with the current wheelbase, I put the trucks on the deck lightly and just stand on it on carpet or something and feel the manual point, the lift and even just feel a little ollie or two just to see.

In doing that I have realised that some boards just do not work as well where the holes are drilled before I set the board up, so in drilling it in, usually only 3/8" but sometimes more, I can then grip it and have it work better for me.

I also have six hole baseplates, so putting the trucks on with just the last two holes, from the old school pattern also means I can feel it out at that point too, just to see if it is too light, or works better than where the existing holes are drilled.

I would rather not have to redrill a board at all, or if I have to, drill it before gripping and setting it up, as having two sets of holes through grip is a pain to me.

Any which way, if that deck seems like a good option as is, give it a try and see - it might work, or it might not, but for something that might not be an every day rider, there is more room to change things up if needed.

Compare some of your other boards to see what wheelbases are on those too.  Most commonly boards have 14.25 to 14.38 or 14.5 wb, but some go up to 14.6 or 14.75 but not a lot over that, besides vert boards, or really big, long popsicles or old school type setups, eg single kick type boards.

I recently drilled in the Real Jimmy Wilkins 8.86 board, from 15" wb back to about 14.62 taking the tail in 3/8" and it feels way more normal to ride now, but other boards like the orange eagle at 9 x 33 with 15" wb fit well on the board and I don't modify them at all and skate them as is just fine.
I think I might go with a Franky Villani egg shaped deck to be safe, I think I'd love to try those prime decks but if it's a long board/old school deck.  Sometimes it's better to go safe than buy something that's going to sit in the corner.  That's great advice to look at a board.
Dueces Bitch's