Author Topic: basic tricks you can't do  (Read 4112 times)

Underpressureflips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
Re: basic tricks you can't do
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2024, 12:03:28 PM »
I can do crook nollie heel out but I can’t do either tailslide

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2024, 12:08:33 PM »
Nothing switch or nolie ,360 flips and fs tail

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2024, 12:56:22 PM »
Front crook.

Also, I've done some switch front 3s but never a regular one.
Imagine front nose slide but a crook, I use to be scared too but I've gotten them 8 out of 10.
Dueces Bitch's

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2024, 01:00:44 PM »
Varial flips. I can 360 flip but not varial flip.

Nollie/switch flips

FS tailslides are really hard for me. I can do them if I work on them every day but they're always a struggle.

FS boardslides longer than a few inches are hard for me.

Dad Board

• Rep: 75
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2024, 01:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Front crook.

Also, I've done some switch front 3s but never a regular one.
[close]
Imagine front nose slide but a crook, I use to be scared too but I've gotten them 8 out of 10.

That is the most simple, bare bones explanation I’ve ever heard for it, like not even fucking around that somehow makes it seem possible. I’ve always tried to imagine it like a tweaked nosegrind and can never get them. Will try tonight and update.

Update* Was not in the mood to try anything challenging tonight. Pushed around and did tricks I knew I could land. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:57:57 PM by Free hat »

bartje pipi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2024, 01:51:19 PM »
360 flips for me

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2024, 02:02:16 PM »
Switch tre. Sorry Cephas.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2024, 02:08:52 PM »
Backside 5050s on ledges.

I am absolutely allergic to moving that way and have a cunt of a mental block with them

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 53
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2024, 02:25:47 PM »
Backside 5050s on ledges.

I am absolutely allergic to moving that way and have a cunt of a mental block with them
Same here. Anything backside on ledges/rails makes no sense in my stupid idiot brain. I tried to learn them recently and couldn’t commit to landing on the ledge at all.
I’ll also add literally any transition trick. I’ve tried for almost 20 years to learn the basics and have resigned to the fact that I’ll never have em.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2024, 02:31:09 PM »
I can’t really frontboard to save my life. I can kind of cheat them off the end of a ledge or rail, but forget about holding and truly sliding one. I either stick or shoot out. I can sometimes do them switch though
fuck you bama

Sweeps

• Rep: 14
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2024, 02:34:11 PM »
What's the secret to a good wallride nollie out? I'm decent at a regular 4 wheel wallride but the chill nose press thing just doesn't work for me.

mfweeno

• Rep: 29
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2024, 03:19:57 PM »
I can't smith grind whatsoever, can occasionally eke out a stall on transition but they don't feel stable. I'm sure if I worked more on them that could change.

Front tailslides to regular never cooperate with me, I am constantly sticking.
Mentally, I have issues committing to frontside boardslides even though I am very comfortable with front rocks on transition. Something about the prospect of sticking and flying blind-sided onto my head.

I'm absolute garbage at flatground tre flips except when my deck is completely new.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2024, 03:59:12 PM »
Nollie or switch flips. Never have and probably never will

I thought it impossible twice in my life. If you got regular and fakie I Kno you got pal. You just gotta find the heart to work on the switch Ollie.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2024, 04:05:53 PM »

[/quote]
What's the secret to a good wallride nollie out? I'm decent at a regular 4 wheel wallride but the chill nose press thing just doesn't work for me.

I just pretend I'm doing a slappy croock. I too was an all fours or back truck guy till Sunset showed me that my pointed toes might've been causing the primo.

Now I can shuv out
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2024, 04:01:56 PM »
Fs tail stalls on transition. I’m pretty good at transition and got pretty much all the other basic transition tricks down but skipped over the fs tail. I never knew how people just whipped it around so fast. When I’d try it, it was always like I was doing a fs air and just slapping mt tail on the coping on the way in

I start early on the transition with a slider. Early as you want if it's slick and fast. Also ads style points.

In transition it's always been stale fish. Idk if inverts are basic but I want one. I've tried tons of times in my life.
(A)pl(E)

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2024, 04:54:07 PM »
Front 3 to FS 50/50 especially on flat bars.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2024, 04:57:22 PM »
Back tails

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2024, 06:26:16 PM »
I've never done a proper blunt fakie on an actual quarter pipe, but at one point in my life, I could do switch front blunts on them.

skateboarding is weird like that.

Mywm

• Rep: 10
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2024, 06:57:27 PM »
I can't do shit on transition. I'm uncomfortable doing deep carves, let alone lip tricks or catching any kind of air.
For a long time I had this thought of like "if you don't learn it as a kid you can never pull it off", which I guess this is an excuse to cope with that fact that random 5 years old kids just skate better than me.
But more and more I'm thinking about trying some stuff on a miniramp or shallow bowl.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2024, 07:05:15 PM »

Nollie/switch flips

I feel like these two I can actually give sensible advice because I like doing both.

So the difference between doing a 360 flip and doing a varial flip is 360 is almost all back foot and varial flip is almost all front foot. To do a varial flip do a kickflip and imagine you’re spinning it with your flick / front foot. Like imagine flicking but pushing it with that front foot like a shove after thought. Maybe this just works for me but once you think flick and shove with all that same front foot it’ll guide it. This way you can have both varial and 360 flip because unlike 360 flip, it really isn’t a scoop trick - at least in my opinion.

Switch flip I have my back foot square on the tail sometimes the very end of the tail sometimes in the pocket but always parallel with the bolts sort of on tip toes but like full foot across the whole tail. Flick foot pointy with a little heel hanging off on tippy toes like behind the back bolts but not right behind them.

Nollie flip same thing but I sort of look backwards when I pop and try to start facing forward by the time I land.

Hope these help.

I forget and relearn tricks all the time. One comes back one goes. Somethings that felt easy all the time randomly are really hard and others I haven’t done in forever I’ll try and they feel natural out of no where.

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 132
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2024, 07:32:40 PM »
I can't ollie good.
I could kf and sw kickflip higher and better than ollie or sw ollie.
Same for 180s, bs or fs. But i could bs flip and fs flip alright.

It's fucked.
Also can't back tail for shit.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2024, 07:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote

Nollie/switch flips

[close]

I feel like these two I can actually give sensible advice because I like doing both.

So the difference between doing a 360 flip and doing a varial flip is 360 is almost all back foot and varial flip is almost all front foot. To do a varial flip do a kickflip and imagine you’re spinning it with your flick / front foot. Like imagine flicking but pushing it with that front foot like a shove after thought. Maybe this just works for me but once you think flick and shove with all that same front foot it’ll guide it. This way you can have both varial and 360 flip because unlike 360 flip, it really isn’t a scoop trick - at least in my opinion.

Switch flip I have my back foot square on the tail sometimes the very end of the tail sometimes in the pocket but always parallel with the bolts sort of on tip toes but like full foot across the whole tail. Flick foot pointy with a little heel hanging off on tippy toes like behind the back bolts but not right behind them.

Nollie flip same thing but I sort of look backwards when I pop and try to start facing forward by the time I land.

Hope these help.

I forget and relearn tricks all the time. One comes back one goes. Somethings that felt easy all the time randomly are really hard and others I haven’t done in forever I’ll try and they feel natural out of no where.

you broke down the v flip pretty perfectly!

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2024, 07:53:39 PM »

It's not really a nollie that you do to get out. Put feet pretty far apart (one on the tail and one on the nose or at least near it. Get on the wall as usual then put pressure on the nose and do a FS shifty 90 degree out. It's the shifty motion that gets you off the wall and then once you're off the wall you bring it back to regular

håkanhellström

• Rep: -42
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2024, 08:11:07 PM »
Back tail and back lip. My body just wont turn that way.

Heshrat

• Rep: -11
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2024, 09:13:24 PM »
I can’t frontside 5050 boxes! Man! It’s ahhh can’t ollie on right and never lock in right. I can do em but it’s not something I can just roll up to and do one with speed. I lose sleep at night thinking about how much I suck at that trick
I did your mom

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2024, 10:22:34 PM »
I can't do a good front 180 on flat. I can do a front 180 on flat but it looks really bad, the motion of a back 180 always felt more natural and was always easier for me. That being said, I'm pretty good at grinds/slides that require turning frontside, like back noseslides/crooks and front tails. Never really took the time to get a decent front 180 and I don't ever see myself going out of the way to do so

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2024, 11:22:55 PM »
Not that I can't do them but regular fs 180 and shuvits are extremely uncomfortable for me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 03:22:04 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Trashboat Lance

• Rep: -4
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2024, 11:40:48 PM »
I’ve always been most into ledge, manual, and more technical skating but would say the most basic trick I can’t do is bs smiths on ledges, rails, or transition. I have done them a very small amount of times, but something about them makes zero sense to me and I can’t ever figure out why - despite putting in hours of sessions to try to get them. My dream is to one day be able to hold a well-dipped 10’ bs smith.

Also, pivot fakie on any size transition is crazy scary to me and I rarely do them.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2024, 02:12:33 AM »
A lot of not so basic tricks in here.

I can't nose manual.

conan777

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2024, 04:12:00 AM »
I have never landed a nollie flip, nollie frontside flip or nollie backside flip. Yet I can do nollie heels, nollie front heels, nollie back heels, nollie 360 flips and occasionally nollie big flips