Author Topic: Georgia Martin pro af  (Read 8669 times)

Ty Evans Lightman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Re: Georgia Martin pro af
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2024, 01:44:52 PM »
Deserved.
I’m excited to see more from her.

Part starts at 6:03

Shtonk

• Rep: -562
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2024, 04:42:19 AM »
I was gonna come in here to argue that the comparison to Beatrice doesn't need to be about gender, she's just the only other pro skater comes to mind who turned pro without a part out. Maybe Evan Mock? Who got well roasted on here iirc.

But that would be defending moonordie and their gloating over an instagram diss and I don't want to make it look like I don't think that's all kinds of messed up.

That being said @crescentfresh would've loved to see you post up when I asked who else was going on Cole's and associates' instagram to call him out for being a violent domestic abuser. Or to shut down the multiple posters in that thread who were questioning Christine's testimony, downplaying it or critiquing her course of action but so far I ain't seen you in that thread at all. If you're actually about combating misogyny, not just high-horsing on other posters, then it sure feels like you're running screaming at mosquitoes while there's elephants in the room.

Can't wait to watch Georgia's part, the comments on here definitely raise expectations. Is there any bigger badge of honour than being compared to BA on Slap?

BurritoMiles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2024, 07:06:26 AM »
Sick part, Placebo song brought me right back to 2000.

greerpark

• Rep: -59
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2024, 08:44:15 AM »
Not up to pro level of skating at all.

Park locals / hometown heroes are shredding harder.

Then there's Tanner Van Vark type skill getting dropped for this...

Also don't understand how the same types that would be like "well it's not about skill, I can just relate to them more cus they look like me" would be the first to (rightly) flame people for saying that about a person's ethnicity.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2024, 08:49:07 AM »
Real dropped Tanner so Toy could have room in the team budget to make Georgia pro?!?
I feel like I’m on drugs all-of-a-sudden.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

crescentfresh

• Rep: 52
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2024, 09:28:36 AM »
That being said @crescentfresh would've loved to see you post up when I asked who else was going on Cole's and associates' instagram to call him out for being a violent domestic abuser. Or to shut down the multiple posters in that thread who were questioning Christine's testimony, downplaying it or critiquing her course of action but so far I ain't seen you in that thread at all. If you're actually about combating misogyny, not just high-horsing on other posters, then it sure feels like you're running screaming at mosquitoes while there's elephants in the room.

A swarm of mosquitos can make life pretty unbearable. But if this is the virtue you need me to signal to calm your whataboutism: fuck chris cole and his dengue carrying ass. Anyway, Georgia's part was sick, can't wait to see what else is in store from her.

greerpark

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2024, 10:59:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Real dropped Tanner so Toy could have room in the team budget to make Georgia pro?!?

Not everything is first order effects?

Toy could instead use their budget to pick up an actually good pro level skater in TVV?

It's a bigger picture discussion about a phenomenon across all teams?

I mean, you might be on drugs if that's hard to understand.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2024, 12:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Toy could instead use their budget to pick up an actually good pro level skater in TVV?

Lou on drugs: confirmed!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ralf_

• Rep: -27
  • yo
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2024, 12:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

eat shit
wittgenstein says meaning is usage and i think the sk8 community as a whole is stoked af on ludwig.

bo bice

• Rep: 92
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2024, 01:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Tell me you’re an incel without telling me you’re an incel

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2024, 01:41:29 PM »
Ima be honest I thought Shilohs part was better and more deserving of pro. Like at least people have heard of her . Everything I know of Georgia Martin has happened in the last 3 weeks. But Sinclair gonna Sinclair. She’ll go far though , that tailslide drop was sick and she has great style, Shiloh just obviously gnarlier. It’s cool that Toy has 2 (I swear there’s a third but she wasn’t in the vid? ) girls on the team though. Will be interesting to see how the next decade changes from token girl to multiple female pros on the team for companies. Is toy the first team that’s not like
Hoopla or there to have multiple women officially on at once?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jdholmes

• Rep: -2
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2024, 02:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kevin Barnett a hilarious career enders contender?
[close]

What's the story here?
[close]

Oh yeah. Who on toy machines gf was he hooking up with again?
[close]

It was Dakota's during the true blue filming.

Lmao

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2024, 03:10:28 PM »
Leonard’s DaVinci pretty much shut the technical painting game down with the Mona Lisa. But Cezanne made paintings that are extremely fun and satisfying to look at.
Skating is an art form, and if you can’t appreciate her skating and style it says more about your lack of appreciation for the culture

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2024, 09:58:39 PM »
Ima be honest I thought Shilohs part was better and more deserving of pro. Like at least people have heard of her . Everything I know of Georgia Martin has happened in the last 3 weeks. But Sinclair gonna Sinclair. She’ll go far though , that tailslide drop was sick and she has great style, Shiloh just obviously gnarlier. It’s cool that Toy has 2 (I swear there’s a third but she wasn’t in the vid? ) girls on the team though. Will be interesting to see how the next decade changes from token girl to multiple female pros on the team for companies. Is toy the first team that’s not like
Yeah I really am not hating but I don't see what Georgia has done that others have not. If it was a welcome to the team instead of a pro board I feel like everybody would be just as psyched but it wouldn't have the few haters. But at least she's (hopefully) getting paid better so there's that. The third was Susie heath who had a couple clips. Toy also has some female skaters from Japan. I thought they put Hina meada on legit but I guess not.

As far as other companies with multiple women there's santa Cruz, birdhouse kinda briefly did maybe still does, enjoi had 2, I think hosoi has a few

lurkluke

• Rep: 232
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2024, 11:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah I really am not hating but I don't see what Georgia has done that others have not. If it was a welcome to the team instead of a pro board I feel like everybody would be just as psyched but it wouldn't have the few haters. But at least she's (hopefully) getting paid better so there's that. The third was Susie heath who had a couple clips. Toy also has some female skaters from Japan. I thought they put Hina meada on legit but I guess not.

As far as other companies with multiple women there's santa Cruz, birdhouse kinda briefly did maybe still does, enjoi had 2, I think hosoi has a few

I think Paige Heyn is fully on Toy too

conan777

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2024, 11:24:32 PM »
Had never heard of her before yesterday but I'm a fan. She had my fave part in the vid

Shtonk

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2024, 11:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A swarm of mosquitos can make life pretty unbearable. But if this is the virtue you need me to signal to calm your whataboutism: fuck chris cole and his dengue carrying ass. Anyway, Georgia's part was sick, can't wait to see what else is in store from her.

Yeah that's what I thought ...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2024, 02:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also having a random ass Sky Brown guest board at the moment is weird.   

Georgia is sick, stoked for her future but I agree this was an establishing “fully on” part.   

I was looking at some of those older women skaters who were in that first wave but maybe just stayed on IG, but they def have a much stiffer approach.   Not sure if the answer is just “better style” but looking at like Hilary Shanks, her upper body is so rigid, but there’s a noticeable loosening up on the new breed especially where they look so good on their boards now.   Maybe it’s just that early fluency

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -42
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2024, 04:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Also having a random ass Sky Brown guest board at the moment is weird.   

Georgia is sick, stoked for her future but I agree this was an establishing “fully on” part.   

I was looking at some of those older women skaters who were in that first wave but maybe just stayed on IG, but they def have a much stiffer approach.   Not sure if the answer is just “better style” but looking at like Hilary Shanks, her upper body is so rigid, but there’s a noticeable loosening up on the new breed especially where they look so good on their boards now.   Maybe it’s just that early fluency

@mean salto
I think what Georgia has done is show that she’s just as capable on a skateboard as other female pros but more importantly she’s put in the work with the board company that’s rewarding her.
I think something nice to take away from this TM video is the inclusivity where guys and girls get the same treatment and representation.

@atiba applebum
Interesting you pick up on her looseness.
I feel like Anything before and including Nora’s generation have sort of passed the torch already. They are not catching up to or displaying the same style the current generation have. I feel like female skating has three or four tiers right now, sort of like their male counterparts. The top 1% hitting rails like the boys and making bank, the street shredders making skating look fresh and good, the hangers on/up comers still doing ride on grinds and stalls on banks, finally the legends. There’s no hate in this breakdown. If anything I find female skating the most exciting aspect of skating these days. The male side of things is cool too it’s just over saturated.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2024, 05:55:23 AM »
^dont know how to write without it sounding like hating but just trust I'm not.
I'm not comparing Georgia to everyone just the other females on toy machine and foundation. You say "put in the work for the company" but the other females have put in a bunch of work too.
Ariana Spencer has filmed a bunch of shit and people have been asking for that board but it hasn't happened but the first bit of footage that ever comes out for Georgia comes with a pro model. It has to be the fastest anyone's ever turned pro.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2024, 06:23:07 AM »
I'm not comparing Georgia to everyone just the other females on toy machine and foundation. You say "put in the work for the company" but the other females have put in a bunch of work too.
Ariana Spencer has filmed a bunch of shit and people have been asking for that board but it hasn't happened but the first bit of footage that ever comes out for Georgia comes with a pro model. It has to be the fastest anyone's ever turned pro.
Arianna is really good but are you sure there’s that much overlap between those two teams? I know it’s all Sinclair but I would guess that Toy sells way more and can have a bigger pro roster.

She’s had IG clips and contest appearances, so I’d seen stuff from her before.

I feel like timing someone’s first big video part with turning pro wasn’t that unusual. Wasn’t that true for Muska?

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 226
  • often correct
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2024, 06:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

daniel lutheran hasnt done shit for five years and still has multiple pro boards in the line but yeah sure, go after the woman who just filmed a full part under the guise of giving a shit about TVV’s career

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2024, 06:48:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Arianna is really good but are you sure there’s that much overlap between those two teams? I know it’s all Sinclair but I would guess that Toy sells way more and can have a bigger pro roster.

She’s had IG clips and contest appearances, so I’d seen stuff from her before.

I feel like timing someone’s first big video part with turning pro wasn’t that unusual. Wasn’t that true for Muska?
Lol Im not sure of anything about this other than I don't know. Most other people at least had some kind of welcome to the team clip or something. Muska might be too long ago to compare to these times. But whatever if they can do it for the other women too then great that's just the new way to do it. Probably better to turn people pro on the way up rather than waiting too long and doing it as they're slowing down. And I thought Susie heath had a video part too but I must have been thinking of somebody else anyway.

ToFakie

• Rep: 6
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2024, 09:29:58 AM »
A percentage of Slap continues to fail to realize that turning pro in 2024 is not the same accolade as it was in 2004.

Foundation also tried to turn Ariana pro but she declined.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2024, 09:48:14 AM »
I can see why they turned her pro. Killer style and skates with power. She's great, but I'm more excited to see what Shiloh is gonna do in her career.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1611
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2024, 09:54:58 AM »
So we’ve agreed women can be pros….but there are only so many spots and they should be used sparingly and it should be only given with absolute fairness….good to see skaters evolving…..and make sure nothing goes awry with all of this….

We can always just stand back and let it sit right….

Shtonk

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2024, 12:36:43 AM »
A percentage of Slap continues to fail to realize that turning pro in 2024 is not the same accolade as it was in 2004.

Foundation also tried to turn Ariana pro but she declined.

Please elaborate. Pretty bossy if true

greerpark

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2024, 01:22:54 AM »
eat shit

Convincing argument

Wow, another good argument. Not even remotely true Ad hominem.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
daniel lutheran hasnt done shit for five years and still has multiple pro boards in the line but yeah sure, go after the woman who just filmed a full part under the guise of giving a shit about TVV’s career

For sure, Daniel Lutheran is blowing it and 100 other talented skaters deserve that spot.

The only thing I care about here is why a person that is putting half cabs down a 3ft drop into a "full part" (2 minutes lol) is being turned pro when a Tum Yeto rider, Keegan McCutchen @kegstan, that objectively rips harder is still am.

How fried does one have to be to think those 2 minutes were pro skating? A bs feeble on a flat rail to a flat bs flip? Are you in a scene with any decent not-even-flow hometown ripper that does these first try multiple times a day?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 01:40:45 AM by greerpark »

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 226
  • often correct
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2024, 06:41:53 AM »
Expand Quote
eat shit
[close]

Convincing argument

Expand Quote

[close]

Wow, another good argument. Not even remotely true Ad hominem.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

For sure, Daniel Lutheran is blowing it and 100 other talented skaters deserve that spot.

The only thing I care about here is why a person that is putting half cabs down a 3ft drop into a "full part" (2 minutes lol) is being turned pro when a Tum Yeto rider, Keegan McCutchen @kegstan, that objectively rips harder is still am.

How fried does one have to be to think those 2 minutes were pro skating? A bs feeble on a flat rail to a flat bs flip? Are you in a scene with any decent not-even-flow hometown ripper that does these first try multiple times a day?
just to be clear, since you're trying to piggyback off my argument as if we stand together: i was calling you a disingenuous idiot

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2024, 07:24:17 AM »
Georgia rips and definitely deserves to be pro. She’s only gonna get better and more gnarly. They should’ve turned Shiloh pro too instead of adding washed up knife guy Geoff Rowley. Nobody gave a fuck about his whack ass company so why would anybody give a fuck about him being on Toy Machine? Dumb move Ed, the dude isn’t even vegan anymore and you put him on when he’s in his trophy hunting era.