Author Topic: Chris Cole is a domestic abuser and his real name isn't even Chris  (Read 63766 times)

aleksander and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Were any of us really expecting GH to have any sort of sensitive and/ or educated take on this?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 05:24:31 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 70
  • energy vampire
“Where’s Ja Joa?!”

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
Were any of us really expecting GH to have any sort of sensitive and/ or educated take on this?
Nope. Fuck GH and all the Gifties.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91

I have higher hopes of that happening here than from Hater.

ETA: After re reading this comment it seems more as dig at us all here and that's not what I was trying to say. I should clarify that I have seen some excellent takes in here- and have highlighted a few of them in my previous comments.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 10:11:49 AM by Cheshire Cat »

JamesFardy

• Rep: 68
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Were all the signs there? Kicked his board UP Wallenberg. (Anger), listened to the voices in his head in the form of a band he “made up in his head” called Hotwax (psychotic) bleached his hair at the top of his career (destructive) thought he deserved to ride for Plan B (delusional) quit that to become part owner of Zero for more money (more delusional)

How did we let this happen….

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Expand Quote
[close]
Nope. Fuck GH and all the Gifties.

I don't think any person listens to that dude to get an educated take...most his takes are are edgelordy IMO, but I legit thought he had a cognitive slip and was talking about himself when he went into what would be considered abusive in a relationship...I remember hearing that he had a rough breakup with his girlfriend who used to be on streams.

I didn't listen far enough to hear his takes on the Pals, but it sounded like he doesn't get jokes

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
GH:” these misguided thread titles misplace the blame and cause of such issues”
SLAP:

The summers commentary made me lol tho. Saying he looks like a skateshop owner, a guy you’d see at a curb session, and dresses like a fat skater (button up and “stupid” dlx hat) holy shit. That part is amazing.

nothing's been the since same

Shtonk

• Rep: -560
Nah, GH normally has more educated takes than 90% of people on here or anywhere else in the industry. But on this one he's bang out of line.

Ninj2

• Rep: -102
Nah, GH normally has more educated takes than 90% of people on here or anywhere else in the industry. But on this one he's bang out of line.
Breh Gifted hater has the takes of a person that never got popped in the mouth for running they mouth. He’s a YouTube sensation. Where Addie prey at?

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 79
I skipped through that GH stream. His reaction to Gabbers' recent part was pretty fun and on point: just blown away and in awe of his gnarliness. I could do without the constant talk about his fits, but that's it.

His reaction to Christine's post and everything that's happened around it wasn't all thát bad I thought. But maybe I watched a second cut or something, because some of the things mentioned here I didn't hear.

He took the subject seriously (tone, careful reading, stopped the jokes, etc.), and seemed pretty disgusted by it all. I liked how he mentioned a few times, in a somewhat surprised/puzzled manner, that ten years ago a story like hers (the one told on that Weekend Buzz episode) apparently didn't get the appropriate reaction it possibly would have got now (even apart from the fact that ten years ago we didn't have a context that includes, among others, Christine's IG posts). I get a little boost of optimism whenever a younger person is weirded out by these kind of signs of a fucked up (underlying) cultural attitude that was commonplace when I was around their age.

He did go off on a tangent a bit about Slap at the end there, but most of it didn't really bother me much. He got angry/frustrated about the '.....and Zero loves him' part of the original title of this thread, but he didn't understand the reason why this thread got that title to begin with. Plus my brain automatically switches off whenever a twenty year old dude even as much as hints that he's thinking about giving his opinion on how X or Y event is indicative of the poisonous turn that 'cancel culture' has taken, so I didn't fully take note. And he got most angry/frustrated about that post complaining that Cole one time was friendly to him and his mates at a skatepark, and left some decks etc. for them, but he got too worked up about it to read that that post (rightly) got criticised by quite a few people here, and wasn't the official Slap policy position he made it out to be. His point there was fair (that it's silly to pretend now that literally everything that Cole has ever done, like giving away decks or tre flipping Wallenberg, always was wack, awful and repulsive) but like I said, pretty much no one said that, and he isn't picking up on something that everyone else is too blinded to see or something like that. Plus, he didn't grasp that sometimes this kind of piling up of negativity on someone works to just vent some of that disgust out of your system, and everyone with a half decent brain knows that his awful style or persona isn't actually the important point here and shouldn't obscure the actual topic at hand.

He might have got high there at the end on the feeling of being uniquely smart and courageous enough to speak truth in the face (made up) mass delusion, but again that's basically obligatory behaviour for a twenty year old dude on a YouTube channel, engaging with the outside world through his screen. He kept it all to a decent minimum, and I got the impression that he was aware that he got himself so worked up that he couldn't really think straight at the end.

Ninj2

• Rep: -102
I really think it’s fried you guys derailed this Chris Cole beats women thread with what does that fucking loser joa think again. Just go suck his dick in his YouTube comments already.

ThatIsNotCricket

I really think it’s fried you guys derailed this Chris Cole beats women thread with what does that fucking loser joa think again. Just go suck his dick in his YouTube comments already.

Fair enough, I think you're right.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
You know its bad when Ninj2 has the most level headed take in the recent context of this thread.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
Expand Quote
[close]

Fair enough, I think you're right.

Shit, after writing those lengthy paragraphs I wasn’t expecting that. Good on you.
And credit to Ninj2 as well.

Potato Rodriguez

• Rep: 3
Anybody have a link to what GH said?

Cbdcigarettesaftersex

• Rep: 5
Gifted hater has been a kook who just copied that destiny guy and adapted it to skating. He’s lame.. and it’s sad people like Jerry associate with him, i tried giving him a chance but his podcast where he says he “has a black guys dick” and calls a girl a “whore” made me want to click off and focus

https://youtu.be/fpbFBt1UC8E?si=cjVHwQmoiJgiWlcq

I added the link
I’ve been here for 7 years the medication don’t work I hate this place.

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -21
I think anyone with half a brain knows that Jerry only fucks with GH for his following. It’s a smart business move on Jerry’s part. He has a built in customer base of 14 year olds that need to be told what’s cool and what’s not cool.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
    • Music avatar image
Are you guys obsessed with him or something ? We already have a gh thread
check my music

Cbdcigarettesaftersex

Are you guys obsessed with him or something ? We already have a gh thread

Obsessed with being deeply saddened by his buffoonery

Shtonk

• Rep: -560
Chris Cole is a violent domestic abuser and I shudder to think at the things he's done that aren't being talked about. Let's please focus, everyone (me included as I partook in the derailment). Thanks Ninj2

Cbdcigarettesaftersex

Chris Cole is a violent domestic abuser and I shudder to think at the things he's done that aren't being talked about. Let's please focus, everyone (me included as I partook in the derailment). Thanks Ninj2

You’re right, my fault fr.

This is about Christine and her abuser.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Serious question: is this the wife that Jamie Thomas hooked up with?

I heard a story about JT being shacked up with Cole’s wife while Cole was sleeping on a couch at the Berrics eating hot dogs right out of the package.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I heard a story about JT being shacked up with Cole’s wife while Cole was sleeping on a couch at the Berrics eating hot dogs right out of the package.
Lmao

Pintofguinness

• Rep: -5

Is that a metaphor for getting gangbanged by Berra and crew?
Either way fuck Jcole !, I hope Christine doin better - I guess she already has a new husband and owns a barbershop now so props to her sounds like a positive place to be
On some bullshit aswell though I had a screen shot of jcole prolly like a year or so ago but I can’t find - it was selfie that looked like he was in middle of crying fit with caption something like “my friends send me funny stuff that makes me laugh out of control!look at my silly face!” But the post was radiating grown man crying uncontrollably eating raw hotdogs out of package (no metaphor) energy very strongly   :-*

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -228
I think anyone with half a brain knows that Jerry only fucks with GH for his following. It’s a smart business move on Jerry’s part. He has a built in customer base of 14 year olds that need to be told what’s cool and what’s not cool.

Or Jerry has his own agency and likes Joa as a person and also likes his skating. I guess we’ll never know, but I’d like to assume that Jerry is probably a good guy, and doesn’t view all things Sci-fi through a business lense of maximizing profits.
People are complicated, we all have many good qualities and many flaws.
Good friendships are built despite flaws. It feels like a lot of people on here are really naive regarding human nature.
Hypocrisy is thick no doubt.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Hahaha what

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
Christine actually messaged me back in January after I posted some shit on here calling this out , we became friends and I’m super proud of her for telling her story. Super nice lady , Chris Cole is a fucking piece of shit and it honestly breaks my heart cause little kid me idolized him.

I’m glad she finally felt comfortable enough to address this and I hope it inspires others to say something cause we don’t need these type of men in skateboarding especially when the prime demographic is the youth.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Cbdcigarettesaftersex

Expand Quote
[close]

Or Jerry has his own agency and likes Joa as a person and also likes his skating. I guess we’ll never know, but I’d like to assume that Jerry is probably a good guy, and doesn’t view all things Sci-fi through a business lense of maximizing profits.
People are complicated, we all have many good qualities and many flaws.
Good friendships are built despite flaws. It feels like a lot of people on here are really naive regarding human nature.
Hypocrisy is thick no doubt.

Nah dog chill we moved on from this.

Christine love/support or you gotta step

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
He’s a damn fool, and any grown adult taking him seriously should be ashamed of themselves. He’s an idiot and it’ll be a good day when kooks stop paying attention to him.

Also, fuck Chris Cole.

ThatIsNotCricket

Christine actually messaged me back in January after I posted some shit on here calling this out , we became friends and I’m super proud of her for telling her story. Super nice lady , Chris Cole is a fucking piece of shit and it honestly breaks my heart cause little kid me idolized him.

I’m glad she finally felt comfortable enough to address this and I hope it inspires others to say something cause we don’t need these type of men in skateboarding especially when the prime demographic is the youth.

Did you get to talk about what her state of mind is, with regard to Cole's abuse becoming more publicly known now, and more people calling him (and Jamie) out on this? I read her IG post just as a short request to friends to use her real name, with a note on why that's an important issue to her, and not as a reminder or a cry for help to finally get some action undertaken towards the justice she deserves. Basically, I'm wondering whether the attention that the past weeks have garnered for Cole's abusiveness isn't 'forcing' her to relive and actively engage with trauma, against her wish. I can imagine a scenario in which she's maybe happy that she's finally created a happy life now, away from (the memory of) Cole, and is protective of her peace and quiet - in the sense of recovery first, to regain confidence and strength, and then start the process of holding Cole to account.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 05:44:28 PM by ThatIsNotCricket »