Author Topic: Chris Cole is a domestic abuser and his real name isn't even Chris  (Read 63958 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
Expand Quote
Christine actually messaged me back in January after I posted some shit on here calling this out , we became friends and I’m super proud of her for telling her story. Super nice lady , Chris Cole is a fucking piece of shit and it honestly breaks my heart cause little kid me idolized him.

I’m glad she finally felt comfortable enough to address this and I hope it inspires others to say something cause we don’t need these type of men in skateboarding especially when the prime demographic is the youth.
[close]

Did you get to talk about what her state of mind is, with regard to Cole's abuse becoming more publicly known now, and more people calling him (and Jamie) out on this? I read her IG post just as a short request to friends to use her real name, with a note on why that's an important issue to her, and not as a reminder or a cry for help to finally get some action undertaken towards the justice she deserves. Basically, I'm wondering whether the attention that the past weeks have garnered for Cole's abusivenes isn't forcing her to relive and actively engage with trauma, while she's maybe happy for now that she's finally created a happy life, away from (the memory of) Cole, and is somewhat protective of her peace and quiet.

Just out of respect for the weight of the situation I don’t want to comment on anything she’s said as it’s not my place to speak for someone else. If she wants to expand on it that’s her decision.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Shtonk

• Rep: -561
Expand Quote
Christine actually messaged me back in January after I posted some shit on here calling this out , we became friends and I’m super proud of her for telling her story. Super nice lady , Chris Cole is a fucking piece of shit and it honestly breaks my heart cause little kid me idolized him.

I’m glad she finally felt comfortable enough to address this and I hope it inspires others to say something cause we don’t need these type of men in skateboarding especially when the prime demographic is the youth.
[close]

Did you get to talk about what her state of mind is, with regard to Cole's abuse becoming more publicly known now, and more people calling him (and Jamie) out on this? I read her IG post just as a short request to friends to use her real name, with a note on why that's an important issue to her, and not as a reminder or a cry for help to finally get some action undertaken towards the justice she deserves. Basically, I'm wondering whether the attention that the past weeks have garnered for Cole's abusiveness isn't 'forcing' her to relive and actively engage with trauma, against her wish. I can imagine a scenario in which she's maybe happy that she's finally created a happy life now, away from (the memory of) Cole, and is protective of her peace and quiet - in the sense of recovery first, to regain confidence and strength, and then start the process of holding Cole to account.

Dating Cole was a bad call but other than that I see no indicator why we should treat this grown woman like a moron who can't foresee the consequences to her actions? Plus she was a child when that fuck started grooming her, let's not forget.

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 79
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you get to talk about what her state of mind is, with regard to Cole's abuse becoming more publicly known now, and more people calling him (and Jamie) out on this? I read her IG post just as a short request to friends to use her real name, with a note on why that's an important issue to her, and not as a reminder or a cry for help to finally get some action undertaken towards the justice she deserves. Basically, I'm wondering whether the attention that the past weeks have garnered for Cole's abusivenes isn't forcing her to relive and actively engage with trauma, while she's maybe happy for now that she's finally created a happy life, away from (the memory of) Cole, and is somewhat protective of her peace and quiet.
[close]

Just out of respect for the weight of the situation I don’t want to comment on anything she’s said as it’s not my place to speak for someone else. If she wants to expand on it that’s her decision.

No problem, that sounds very reasonable.

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 79
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you get to talk about what her state of mind is, with regard to Cole's abuse becoming more publicly known now, and more people calling him (and Jamie) out on this? I read her IG post just as a short request to friends to use her real name, with a note on why that's an important issue to her, and not as a reminder or a cry for help to finally get some action undertaken towards the justice she deserves. Basically, I'm wondering whether the attention that the past weeks have garnered for Cole's abusiveness isn't 'forcing' her to relive and actively engage with trauma, against her wish. I can imagine a scenario in which she's maybe happy that she's finally created a happy life now, away from (the memory of) Cole, and is protective of her peace and quiet - in the sense of recovery first, to regain confidence and strength, and then start the process of holding Cole to account.
[close]

Dating Cole was a bad call but other than that I see no indicator why we should treat this grown woman like a moron who can't foresee the consequences to her actions? Plus she was a child when that fuck started grooming her, let's not forget.

I've tried for a good few minutes, but I'm still confused over what your point is, and how the last sentence is relevant to what came before. Let me just say that no one is trying to view/treat Christine as a naïve "moron" in all this. That goes without sayiing, I'd assume.

My point had more to do with whether Christine was at peace or more daunted by everything that's been happening over the past week. I don't think namely that these type of consequences from an action like hers are always that forseeable and managable (her IG post > a refreshing of our memory and a discussion on here > people here directly contacting Cole, Jamie and Zero > this whole issue garnering wider attention in other publications).

Shtonk

My point is that it's 2024 and the wider consequences of social media posts about a (semi)famous person's abuse are pretty foreseeable. The last sentence was about the bad call of dating Cole having less to do with a lack of judgement and more to do with a pack of age and maturity, but I reread my comment and yeah I can see how that isn't very coherent, sorry.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Brink interview was weird and everyone giggling through it bothered me

Sammich

• Rep: 6
Fuck Chris Cole. I'm happy Christine is doing better after this type of shit.

41% of women experience domestic partner violence. You saying this shit ain't right, as most of you are here, is a step in the right direction compared to giggling at a woman discussing a story where her SO was smashing the windshield with her inside the car.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 188

Hard to even call it an interview.
Treated the women like novelties and then proceeded to ask about their partners dick sizes. Like yeah I’m sure that’s what these women would’ve love to sit and chat about. Then to just awkwardly laugh through a story about an incredibly aggressive DV incident but it’s whatever because “I swear he isn’t abusive”.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shtonk

Expand Quote
[close]

Hard to even call it an interview.
Treated the women like novelties and then proceeded to ask about their partners dick sizes. Like yeah I’m sure that’s what these women would’ve love to sit and chat about. Then to just awkwardly laugh through a story about an incredibly aggressive DV incident but it’s whatever because “I swear he isn’t abusive”.

Imagine being one of the two blokes in this and thinking it would be a great idea if Christine talked to you about the abuse on camera ...

JamesFardy

• Rep: 68
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
though he dresses like Criss Angel, and acts like Daryl Angel, the boy aint no angel...

work_lurker

• Rep: 107
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Serious question: is this the wife that Jamie Thomas hooked up with?

I heard a story about JT being shacked up with Cole’s wife while Cole was sleeping on a couch at the Berrics eating hot dogs right out of the package.

Damn, I thought JT had a wife and a kid (or two?) as well. I don't think people expect others to put their personal life on blast all the time, but I'd be shocked to find out not only is JT separated but also hooking up with a friend's wife. That's a pretty heavy accusation to throw around.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

bohemian

• Rep: -345
delete this thread

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
delete this thread
It's a little late to try to put the cat back in the bag, Chris James.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
delete this thread

You’re right, and while we are at it, let’s make sure this is all swept under the rug nicely so Cole and JT can continue as if this is not fucked.

Fuck outta here.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Chris Cole dresses like he shops exclusively at Lukewarm Topic.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Shtonk

delete this thread

You sad pathetic little boy

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Get bent
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Shtonk

Somebody said this has been picked up by other "channels" or whatever you wanna call things in our current media landscape. Who has? I've seen the Stalker post with Jordan Maxham's human garbage post under it. Have any magazines done anything?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
Somebody said this has been picked up by other "channels" or whatever you wanna call things in our current media landscape. Who has? I've seen the Stalker post with Jordan Maxham's human garbage post under it. Have any magazines done anything?

Skate journalism does not exist so it’ll never be in a magazine

Crust

• Rep: 54
delete this thread

Do you even care to elaborate why? Did you think that alone would suffice?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
It's really odd and sad that every time something like this comes up in the skating world, theres a whole army of internet warriors defending the offender. Either defending them or saying shit like "oh why does this need to be public" not even just regular people but people who are involved in the industry/sponsored.

edit-

That Shreder News or what ever its called is the WORST IG PAGE for this shit.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 09:31:13 AM by fulfillthedream »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
It's really odd and sad that every time something like this comes up in the skating world, theres a whole army of internet warriors defending the offender. Either defending them or saying shit like "oh why does this need to be public" not even just regular people but people who are involved in the industry/sponsored.

Brought this up to a guy who runs an indoor near me and his response is "oh he's such a nice guy no way I don't believe that"

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
Expand Quote
[close]

Brought this up to a guy who runs an indoor near me and his response is "oh he's such a nice guy no way I don't believe that"

yeah that devils advocate shit can be really annoying.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

work_lurker

• Rep: 107
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Chris Cole dresses like he shops exclusively at Lukewarm Topic.

My MAN   ;D
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Expand Quote
[close]

Well, when this thread popped I posted the James Cole incident in a group chat with my skate friends and while most of them were shocked/disappointed, one of them just repplied with a “tl;dr” and fully ignored the whole discussion when he’s usually the one engaging in deep convos about stuff like this. I’m fully convinced that he just acted like that cause Cole is one of his favs and he prefers to ignore than have an actual stance about it, full denial. Which is really wack cause I know 100% sure he would be the first in line to rant if some new Nyjah allegations would come forward.
In shit like this you can’t pick favourites…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

kinjjibo

• Rep: -9

edit-

That Shreder News or what ever its called is the WORST IG PAGE for this shit.
Shredder News is one of the worst pages in skating right now in general. They prop up “pro skater” Tim Pool for god’s sake; them and their followers are not equipped to handle a conversation this serious and heavy.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, when this thread popped I posted the James Cole incident in a group chat with my skate friends and while most of them were shocked/disappointed, one of them just repplied with a “tl;dr” and fully ignored the whole discussion when he’s usually the one engaging in deep convos about stuff like this. I’m fully convinced that he just acted like that cause Cole is one of his favs and he prefers to ignore than have an actual stance about it, full denial. Which is really wack cause I know 100% sure he would be the first in line to rant if some new Nyjah allegations would come forward.

Speaking from experience, Throwing your favorite skater(or artist, celeb, etc) in the trash sucks. It's hard to do so most people just chose to ignore anything inconvenient. Especially if it's not in the public conscious.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Speaking from experience, Throwing your favorite skater(or artist, celeb, etc) in the trash sucks. It's hard to do so most people just chose to ignore anything inconvenient. Especially if it's not in the public conscious.

^This, I had a huge talk two weeks ago to my mate who still loves anti flag, she knows the whole story but won't give up on them. Some people would rather turn a blind eye to make shit easier I guess.

Oroborus

• Rep: 8
Re: Chris Cole beat and abused his ex wife and Zero loves him
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2024, 10:02:45 AM »
Wow, breaking the windshield of the car while she is still in it cause he doesn't get to go skate. That is out of control. Breaking a windshield is fucking gnarly.

If this is a story she tells as if it is a good humor misunderstanding, I can only imagine what else went on that she didn't want to talk about.

Finally, did Mikey's wife say that this is Mikey's favorite story and he tells it like he was there? Like, Mikey leads off his free-market church group with stories about spousal abuse being awesome?
Mikey Taylor Podcast 135: How supporting spousal abuse can make you a great entrepreneur.
Mikey Taylor Podcast 240: Why Jesus needs women to understand that they deserve it for making their husbands mad.

Whoa I completely missed this, fuck me sideways. Ok I redact my statement.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

^This, I had a huge talk two weeks ago to my mate who still loves anti flag, she knows the whole story but won't give up on them. Some people would rather turn a blind eye to make shit easier I guess.

I get it, I have my ones too, but tbh in this case just rubbed me the wrong way cause he’s always so vocal about other similar topics and quite harsh on his critiques, but in this case it’s different cause “it’s Chris Cole”… just came off as hypocritical.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP