Author Topic: Yuto of Olympics - Is he okay?  (Read 9264 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
Re: Yuto of Olympics - Is he okay?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2024, 03:35:49 AM »

It’s 2024 boys, let’s get rid of the internet mental heath diagnosising

But diagnosising peoples’ mental Heath part is how I engage trolls on here.

And fuck the olympics. It is spawning a boring new cohort of flying tomatoes.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 679
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2024, 03:51:27 AM »
Why is everyone overreacting about someone having an off day at a skate contest?

Shtonk do be shtonking

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2024, 04:06:15 AM »
I hope Jagger Eaton and 2 other guys that aren't popular in the world of skateboarding win so people don't give a fuck about olympics anymore.
Also skating a contest on the Concorde Plaza in Paris a the end of July when the temperature is usually above 30°C (85°F) sounds like a nightmare to me. In Japan they had to skate early in the morning if I remember well.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2024, 04:25:55 AM »
I hope Jagger Eaton and 2 other guys that aren't popular in the world of skateboarding win so people don't give a fuck about olympics anymore.
Also skating a contest on the Concorde Plaza in Paris a the end of July when the temperature is usually above 30°C (85°F) sounds like a nightmare to me. In Japan they had to skate early in the morning if I remember well.
30C is perfect skating temp. I think it was in the middle of the day too

Potato Rodriguez

• Rep: 3
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2024, 04:41:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
30C is perfect skating temp. I think it was in the middle of the day too
We need Jagger talking to David Spade this Summer with Olympic Gold!!!

https://youtu.be/e_RsOg4P7Vs?feature=shared

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2024, 05:05:51 AM »
When you think about it it's actually incredible that he won it the first time. With the events being increasingly full of stinking contest skaters who don't film street parts or engage with that side of skating at all, we're very lucky that someone like him who we all respect could represent skating in its first appearance in the olympics. Someone who was good enough to do that and then go straight back to breaking into school yards to film a VX video part a few months later. Imagine seeing a group of adults climbing over a fence to skate somewhere and one of them was just on TV winning a fucking olympic gold medal two months earlier. Shit like that isn't happening anywhere else.

Sad to say it but by 2028 there will be nobody respectable left in these contests. Just a full group of park robots who you will never see a video part from or have much interest in seeing the skating of. Be thankful there's still a few of them left right now I guess.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2024, 05:27:37 AM »
Why is everyone overreacting about someone having an off day at a skate contest?

You don't understand, this definitely means he no longer feels any joy in winning contests, he's intentionally throwing contests so he can focus on street parts, or drinking, or quitting skating altogether and seeking employment as a salaryman at some Japanese mega-corp. These are the only possible explanations.

Shtonk

• Rep: -553
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2024, 05:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shtonk do be shtonking

oh sorry my bad for mistaking this paragon assortment of existentially relevant discussion for a fucking skateboarding gossip forum. how about you overreacht on chris cole's social media instead, that would be a relevant use of time if this is below your level.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3420
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2024, 06:25:39 AM »
Nyjah definitely has his people reworking the numbers to determine his gold medal favoribility now around all of this news.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 28
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2024, 07:57:34 AM »
The whole qualification process is a joke - as the whole shit show.
its very unclear and even the participation to the qualification is more or less an invitation only
event. Without being selected by your government body / main sponsores you can not really enter.
They are not even interested in us as the "skateboarding fans" to visit or watch this competitions.

You see any promotion for the qualification events - to visit e.g the Budapest contest - any possibilities to watch the qualification contest?

Finally  there are only 22 places for riders per division e.g  street / man
1 is reserved for France /  Aurelien Giraud.
As I understood also the hosts of the qualification events received 1 reserved place
so China and Hungarian - may Saudi Arabia too?

Each continent have min. 1 starter and every country max 3 starter per division:
So with this rule you can get for America  9 people just from US / Canada / Brasil and for EU /
Asia Africa and Ozeania is 11 places left - 3 will go to Japan - so rest of the world - 1 reserved place for France 7 places left.

For Street and male with already 6 people in the top 22 Japan is the strongest contender even before US with 5 people. Yuto have the strongest field to compete in.
Even with  current position 11th place he need to pass at least one other Japanese skateboarder to be able to enter the contest.

i am not really anti olympia - but this is just some Demo to attract a younger target group then in the last decades - nothing less/ nothing more. But not to attract us skateboarders.
Doesnt matter if Yuto or 3 other young and talented Japanese skaters are present.
Not for Olympia, not for the audience and may also not for Yuto.
He will have a fixed payment for his performance through qualification. May he loose a little bonus for skating also the main event -or winning. Thats it.

If I oversee the whole people globally fighting for the 88 seats to Paris woman /man street/  park.
I know and I am interested in may a hand full... and I call my self a die hard skateboarding fan.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2024, 08:50:10 AM »
^have you ever watched any other Olympic event or a world cup? Its pretty standard.
Its best to think of the actual Olympic event as "the finals"

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • sup dog
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2024, 08:58:54 AM »
When you think about it it's actually incredible that he won it the first time. With the events being increasingly full of stinking contest skaters who don't film street parts or engage with that side of skating at all, we're very lucky that someone like him who we all respect could represent skating in its first appearance in the olympics. Someone who was good enough to do that and then go straight back to breaking into school yards to film a VX video part a few months later. Imagine seeing a group of adults climbing over a fence to skate somewhere and one of them was just on TV winning a fucking olympic gold medal two months earlier. Shit like that isn't happening anywhere else.

Sad to say it but by 2028 there will be nobody respectable left in these contests. Just a full group of park robots who you will never see a video part from or have much interest in seeing the skating of. Be thankful there's still a few of them left right now I guess.
All hail the Age of Woo.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 297
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2024, 09:30:26 AM »
Last Olympics, he was dicking around skating Freedom in DC about a week before he was supposed to be in Tokyo and didn't seem to be stressed. Maybe that's just dude.

boardfeelforyoureyes

• Rep: 6
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2024, 09:54:26 AM »
I hope Shane takes him to the side and offers him support and the right way forward (a filmer and travel budget for a year to come back with two parts to end skateboarding).

yuto on delta...dude doesn't need a travel budget

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2024, 10:34:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I hope Shane takes him to the side and offers him support and the right way forward (a filmer and travel budget for a year to come back with two parts to end skateboarding).
[close]

yuto on delta...dude doesn't need a travel budget
Yes, but a huge part of that Delta endorsement comes from him being an Olympic gold medalist. I imagine if he's not in the Olympics this time around, that Delta contract doesn't get renewed.

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -65
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2024, 10:53:36 AM »
hopefully he just goes full 10c41 on us out of nowhere. that would be real tight.

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -146
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2024, 10:55:34 AM »
Olympic skate 'robots' are 1000x better than the kickflop fairy arms baggy boys. Put Hector de sliva and that sleazy longhair bruh from Palace in the Olympics and lets see how those cute lazy swag flips look when Jagger Eaton's busting nuts in yo face.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65231
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2024, 10:59:52 AM »
So no Yuto but a skater from Saudi-Arabia goes straight to Paris?

Dollar Bill

• Rep: -13
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2024, 11:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
All hail the Age of Woo.
Tell me, schatze...is it tWoo what they say about you people being a...gifted? [zipper noise] Oh, it's tWoo. It's tWoo. It's tWoo, it's tWoo...

Troubadour26

• Rep: 111
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2024, 11:36:55 AM »
So no Yuto but a skater from Saudi-Arabia goes straight to Paris?

that’s Olympic universality for you. There are marathoners around the world with PBs minutes faster than athletes who will compete over them in the Olympics.

I’m still holding out hope he’ll make it somehow. It’s hard to believe that he would be left out.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 28
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2024, 11:38:35 AM »
^have you ever watched any other Olympic event or a world cup? Its pretty standard.

You are right they didn’t treat skateboarding different then pole jumping or table tennis.
It’s not about the best / most famous / most favorite.
It’s about who pleases the government body.
Only difference is - it’s not our own government body.
It’s roller sport who manage and make the decision - and receive the financial kickback.
And for the other sports - Olympia is the biggest and greatest event ever.

For us or lovely Yuto are luckily more nice alternatives on the agenda.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2024, 11:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are right they didn’t treat skateboarding different then pole jumping or table tennis.
It’s not about the best / most famous / most favorite.
It’s about who pleases the government body.
Only difference is - it’s not our own government body.
It’s roller sport who manage and make the decision - and receive the financial kickback.
And for the other sports - Olympia is the biggest and greatest event ever.

For us or lovely Yuto are luckily more nice alternatives on the agenda.
For what it's worth the Olympics are not the "biggest and grandest event ever" for most sports.

Shtonk

• Rep: -553
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2024, 12:13:02 PM »
Nyjah definitely has his people reworking the numbers to determine his gold medal favoribility now around all of this news.

You're probably joking but I find that 100% probable. No Yuto makes gold WAY more achievable for Jah/Jagger

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2024, 01:49:27 PM »
Olympic skate 'robots' are 1000x better than the kickflop fairy arms baggy boys. Put Hector de sliva and that sleazy longhair bruh from Palace in the Olympics and lets see how those cute lazy swag flips look when Jagger Eaton's busting nuts in yo face.
Real roundabout way of saying you want a facial from jagger eaton

nothing's been the since same

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2024, 05:06:00 PM »
Last Olympics, he was dicking around skating Freedom in DC about a week before he was supposed to be in Tokyo and didn't seem to be stressed. Maybe that's just dude.

I don’t know why I’m still reading anything in this thread but this makes him even cooler. Again let Yuto just live and do his thing. Dude just skates. He can do 540s and skate ledges. He rules.

lurkluke

• Rep: 232
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2024, 05:19:36 PM »
SLS have him as the favourite for the Apex event

Kinda sad they promote betting on it, but equally sad that he's the favourite. And also that Pine isn't in it, and that there's only eight competitors after building a giant spot.

Keef Hernandez

• Rep: -30
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2024, 07:33:41 PM »

So true. Yuto really on a level all his own. I think his street skating is way more impressive even than any of his contest output, which is fucked no doubt. Would be so beast if he came out and said he's not going to Olympics this year because he wants to focus on his 2025 SOTY campaign of terror. It'd be a huge fuck you to organized sports, the ginbot kids and the McJaggers out there. If Yuto can't make a living in these streets and still land big contracts the industry has big problems. He should be set for life based off prior accomplishments.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2024, 08:38:32 PM »

Kinda sad they promote betting on it, but equally sad that he's the favourite. And also that Pine isn't in it, and that there's only eight competitors after building a giant spot.

those odds are INSANE! the fact that there's no favorite and everyone is plus money is astounding. Imagine betting $100 on Joslin and coming up $1K+.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2024, 09:13:08 PM »

nothing's been the since same

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -239
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2024, 09:23:18 PM »

Jagger Eatin' Butts, Bustin' Nuts