Author Topic: Mark Hubbard  (Read 3257 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Mark Hubbard
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2024, 12:22:59 AM »
yea but yell at a girl and the cancelbros on this forum makes 10+ pages posts condemning them
I’m sure that a smart fella like you is aware that it is entirely possible to have strong feelings about both opioid overdoses AND “yell(ing) at a girl” as you so artfully put it.
You a dummy for real, or just playing one online?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -564
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2024, 12:23:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Can the industry stop "hush-hush"ing that a shit ton of skaters are dying from fentanyl overdoses and actually warn them?

Monk OD'd.

Phelps OD'd.

Grosso OD'd.

Tell people this, that this shit will kill them and their friends that use them.
[close]

There are plenty of other opiod deaths such as dave abair and that guy Kurtis that was on world industries. it's insane to think that so many skaters are doing opiods on the downlow because it's really hush hush.

Add Van Wastell  to that list. With Fentanyl it's hard to know which are actual opioid dependency deaths and which are accidents from laced cocaine. Not to condone cocaine too much but doing a couple lines of bing isn't the same as being hooked on opioids and the two need to be treated differently. Otherwise you create the effect where kids go in not knowing the difference and once they do one, they do them all.

Pretty sure Grosso wasn't a full time addict and died to an accident.

Shtonk

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2024, 12:24:45 AM »
Expand Quote
yea but yell at a girl and the cancelbros on this forum makes 10+ pages posts condemning them
[close]
I’m sure that a smart fella like you is aware that it is entirely possible to have strong feelings about both opioid overdoses AND “yell(ing) at a girl” as you so artfully put it.
You a dummy for real, or just playing one online?

Wouldn't having to play a dummy online make you a dummy for real?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2024, 12:31:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can the industry stop "hush-hush"ing that a shit ton of skaters are dying from fentanyl overdoses and actually warn them?

Monk OD'd.

Phelps OD'd.

Grosso OD'd.

Tell people this, that this shit will kill them and their friends that use them.
[close]

There are plenty of other opiod deaths such as dave abair and that guy Kurtis that was on world industries. it's insane to think that so many skaters are doing opiods on the downlow because it's really hush hush.
[close]

Add Van Wastell  to that list. With Fentanyl it's hard to know which are actual opioid dependency deaths and which are accidents from laced cocaine. Not to condone cocaine too much but doing a couple lines of bing isn't the same as being hooked on opioids and the two need to be treated differently. Otherwise you create the effect where kids go in not knowing the difference and once they do one, they do them all.

Grosso has gone on record numerous times as saying he was a (recovering) addict.
That recovering part in parenthesis is a lifelong occupation, once you set yourself free of the addiction.
No doubt an accident (MOST overdoses are) but that guy was going to be a recovering addict until his last day, regardless of when that was.
Regrettable that he didn’t live to be Grandpa Grosso & regail us with his wonderful stories for another 30 years, but life isn’t always rad.
Check in on your homies.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 44
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2024, 06:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Monk OD'd.

Phelps OD'd.

Grosso OD'd.

[close]

[close]

[close]
Grosso has gone on record numerous times as saying he was a (recovering) addict.
That recovering part in parenthesis is a lifelong occupation, once you set yourself free of the addiction.
No doubt an accident (MOST overdoses are) but that guy was going to be a recovering addict until his last day, regardless of when that was.
Regrettable that he didn’t live to be Grandpa Grosso & regail us with his wonderful stories for another 30 years, but life isn’t always rad.
Check in on your homies.

Laced cocaine doesn't make sense to me. The high is an upper and not a downer. I don't want to mess with cocaine in the states since I don't want to OD on fentanyl accidently. I read that Kurtis Colamonico died from that from a night out.

Shtonk

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2024, 06:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Monk OD'd.

Phelps OD'd.

Grosso OD'd.

[close]

[close]

[close]
Check in on your homies.
Yup seems like I was entirely wrong. Sorry