Author Topic: Toy Machine - Real Life Sucks  (Read 9652 times)

ToFakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Toy Machine - Real Life Sucks
« on: May 24, 2024, 07:21:14 AM »
Video premiering on Youtube later today:

Anyone check out an in person premier of this yet? Heard some good things about it
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 07:39:44 AM by Alan »

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 20
Re: Toy Machine - Real Life Sucks
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 09:32:49 AM »
Pretty excited for this...pretty big Hoban fan. He's been teasing us for the last 2 years of potential clips he's gotten while out on the road. Wouldn't be surprise if his part is insane. Calling it right now he has last part.

ToFakie

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 09:51:32 AM »
Pretty excited for this...pretty big Hoban fan. He's been teasing us for the last 2 years of potential clips he's gotten while out on the road. Wouldn't be surprise if his part is insane. Calling it right now he has last part.

Just realized we never did get a Toy Machine part from Braden Hoban after he turned pro, I know he's had Emerica stuff come out but I'd assume he's been sitting on some heavy clips for this video.

I'm pretty sure that Jeremy Leabres has first part and Braden is last.

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -107
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 10:10:33 AM »
I’ve been wondering about this. I was guessing they were going to put it out June 1st but I’m glad I was wrong.

MetalAnkleMan

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 10:41:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just realized we never did get a Toy Machine part from Braden Hoban after he turned pro, I know he's had Emerica stuff come out but I'd assume he's been sitting on some heavy clips for this video.

He had a part in the Toy Machine Vaccine video, its weird how the skating is great but that part gets overlooked from his Emerica part. That was also before he really blew up, that Emerica part really put him on the map, kickflip bs noseblunt UCI wtf.....haha

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 10:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He had a part in the Toy Machine Vaccine video, its weird how the skating is great but that part gets overlooked from his Emerica part. That was also before he really blew up, that Emerica part really put him on the map, kickflip bs noseblunt UCI wtf.....haha

So fucked.

Very happy I’m going to catch this Premiering. What are the chances of a full Matt Bennet part? Hell I’ll even take a shared part. Hopefully Billy too.

MetalAnkleMan

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 10:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

So fucked.

Very happy I’m going to catch this Premiering. What are the chances of a full Matt Bennet part? Hell I’ll even take a shared part. Hopefully Billy too.

I doubt it, the in person premier was set at 30 min time slots so it will be a shorter "full length video". I'm guessing this video is more about Hoban and Georgia Martin (since she just turned pro) for the main parts. The others will have smaller parts or just clips. Just speculation though.

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 11:46:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

So fucked.

[close]

I doubt it, the in person premier was set at 30 min time slots so it will be a shorter "full length video". I'm guessing this video is more about Hoban and Georgia Martin (since she just turned pro) for the main parts. The others will have smaller parts or just clips. Just speculation though.

Ah okay, thanks for the info :)

It’s starting now for those that want to watch.

wax poetic

• Rep: 47
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 12:10:40 PM »
I really enjoyed that!

k-nutz

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 12:12:57 PM »
So is Rowley fully on ?

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 12:16:13 PM »
Leabres opening part was great. Already feeling like a Toy video.

Mini montage part has some nice tricks. Leo has a hubba clip in the light-coloured hat of hats.

Georgia Martins part with Pure Morning was so fucking good. Liked her trick selection.

Myles Willard isn’t someone I’ve seen a lot from but that was a very enjoyable part.

Shiloh hits some mean spots with a short part. Bright future for sure. 

Axel Crusher- Sick as expected. I like the pace of the video so far, moving fast.

Second montage- some heavy clips in here, heelflip fs 5005 a handrail , Lincoln Ueda’s son? That channel heelflip!
Cordano Russel! Some very nice NBDs on rails, ive been waiting for that fakie kickflip bs lipslide. And he did it back to fakie too. Three great fakie handrail tricks.

Braden - first trick is mad. Loved the first 360 flip on flat. Giving Trapasso feelings. Impossible nosebluntslide a hubba in a line. There are some sketchy as fuck spots throughout the video but this part in particular. Great editing here too. Really great part overall.
And I was fully prepared to RAGE at the thumbnail as usual. Well done with that one.

I didn’t get what I wanted the most and I was still very fucking pleased. Well worth watching.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 12:53:31 PM by Cheshire Cat »

ToFakie

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 12:18:43 PM »
Thought it was good. Georgia rips and it was sick getting a proper full part from Leabres.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2024, 12:32:50 PM »
Jeremy Leabres putting out a really good part in 2024 was not on my bingo card... Huh?

And yes, Hoban's part was pretty good...

Surprisingly one of the better offerings from TM in a while, being that I grew up in the WTH/JOAB-era and into the GAE/STJ-era.

That may be too many acronyms, I don't even know at this point.

Rowley on Toy is like 20 years too late, post-Sorry would have been the time or like '95/'96.

I also just realized that Cordano is essentially Big Pinky's replacement for Dashawn Jordan, oddly enough with a similar style, the Nikes and laser-flip-esque handrail tricks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 12:45:01 PM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -107
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2024, 12:37:10 PM »
That kickflip over the rail into the Grand Rapids bank makes absolutely no fuckin’ sense.

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2024, 12:41:15 PM »
Fucking sick!

Shtonk

• Rep: -560
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 12:41:33 PM »
That opening screen Flat Earther diss MUST be directed at Blake Carpenter right?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 12:53:41 PM »
I really like what Myles is up to. Georgia is sick too. Some of the other new people I take or leave but at least they are moving away from the long beach area bro style archetype. Toy an Zero looking strong this year.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -69
  • eight equals d
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 12:55:21 PM »
Wow.
That was great. Love toy videos. Every part in this was bangin
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy...
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2024, 01:22:01 PM »
Sick video. Dug the music too minus the Placebo song. Georgia really is pro AF

Tabletop

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2024, 01:24:59 PM »
Not really a Toy fan per se but really enjoyed that.
Really solid video with Toy flavour.

citycity

• Rep: -105
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 01:38:26 PM »
The dis at Blake carpenter was amazing wow

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 01:55:01 PM »
feels like Placebo should be off-limits for any skate video at this point, but otherwise I thought this was pretty flawless. I can't stand the current iteration of Geoff Rowley but damn, I'll probably buy one of those Rowley fist decks if that's actually a thing that happens.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2024, 02:06:33 PM »
how long until the next, Toy Machine is trash thread?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2024, 02:19:44 PM »
Fun video. They have a good team, and I still love their stupid graphics.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 02:36:38 PM »
Georgia Martin Giving off big templeton vibes in the flannel

Rowley on just makes sense freedome was doomed from the start

conan777

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 02:36:53 PM »
Damn that was awesome from start to finish. I especially liked Georgia Martin's part, Placebo worked so well. Axel's song was super annoying

txvizier

• Rep: -21
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2024, 02:47:10 PM »
Besides the skating being great that soundtrack is dope.

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 29
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2024, 02:56:57 PM »
Wasn't expecting to enjoy that much, but I did.  Myles Willard, Georgia Martin, Axel Crusher, all very sick.  Also, Geoff Rowley not listed in the credits.  His clips get added last minute?  (Would buy a Rowley knuckles board by the way. Sorta hoping he is officially on)

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2024, 03:20:26 PM »
Myles Willard is the sickest, power and style. Last resort should make it official
p-shuvs and v-flips

theoriginalgoon

• eight equals d
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2024, 03:25:50 PM »
the myles music pairing works so well for his part, also Shiloh is incredible! She has a bright future in skateboarding.
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.