Author Topic: pops  (Read 11440 times)

Guile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: pops
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2007, 02:50:04 PM »
but its a me, a marrrrrrrrrio!
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

deep

« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2007, 03:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i dont even remember making this

shit

well regardless

he's good and has good style but doesnt put enough footage out
[close]

you dont know shit and your opinions, on the average, suck. so why dont you just focus that account and never come on here again.
preciate it
[close]

i didnt know you needed to know "shit" to have an account?

i mean, jeezy, youre obviously the industry insider

youre the type of person that makes skateboarding lame as fuck

etlist faggot

thats funny you called me an elitist. well an etlist. but i get what you mean. anyway thats funny because you dont know me personally. id say i was the opposite of elitist. but the point is, that you are probably some fat kid, or fat man, who sits around eating snacks, critiquing skating because they cant actually do any of it. once you ride a skateboard for more than 5 minutes at a time, you come to appreciate things more

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2007, 04:47:54 PM »
It's always hard to judge a dude who (apparently) rides a board for my/our amusement. Is that why he's riding?

Imagine being this guy who enjoys this activity that basically is the focus of his projected life... Filming, maybe wondering if folks will dig what he's doing. If Popallardo were to film for appeal, I don't think it would be a Popallardo part. Not to idealize his position as much more than it is... but that's just what makes some of these dudes who they are. Gino could've retired after this Nike video... and we would've been left with just wondering what he's up to. There'd be a post here and there "What's Gino up to?". Aesthetically these guys are untouchable on a skateboard... and that's why I "admire" what they are able to do. Don't worry yourself thinking much more of it than that. Unless it's support.

I think summing up skateboarding with something as digestible as video parts is when skateboarding becomes less interesting. Videos are the PACKAGED version of what's up with these teams... Not entirely who these people are. I know it's most of our only way of seeing what's going on, but still it's a video made important ONLY BY US. Think of how diverse that Lakai team is... Wasn't it mentioned that Koston was filming up until a few days before release? It's just different types of people. Koston doesn't even need to be dignified at this point, but he's the type who puts it all out there for his part. Popallardos just a way different type, but in no way less of a skateboarder.

Gest

« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i dont even remember making this

shit

well regardless

he's good and has good style but doesnt put enough footage out
[close]

you dont know shit and your opinions, on the average, suck. so why dont you just focus that account and never come on here again.
preciate it
[close]

i didnt know you needed to know "shit" to have an account?

i mean, jeezy, youre obviously the industry insider

youre the type of person that makes skateboarding lame as fuck

etlist faggot
[close]

thats funny you called me an elitist. well an etlist. but i get what you mean. anyway thats funny because you dont know me personally. id say i was the opposite of elitist. but the point is, that you are probably some fat kid, or fat man, who sits around eating snacks, critiquing skating because they cant actually do any of it. once you ride a skateboard for more than 5 minutes at a time, you come to appreciate things more

i am a fat kid

im not into snacks but wuuuut

and i do critique skaters

but i do, however, skate more than most people i know, and ive never been bummed on or been over skating for myself. i appreciate most skate parts, but it's hard to appreciate something so sparse.

just because one skater isnt in my top 10 list doesnt mean i dont know anything. i mean youre right, i dont know anything. pops is good and his style is good, but he normally lands everything so clean and perfect i can't understand why you guys like him so much. mostly slap guys talk shit on mike mo and prod for being so "robotic" but pops is different simply because he was brought up on a different side of the country? thats kind of fucking gay.

and im guessing most of you guys who feel pops so much are from long beach or some shit

deep

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2007, 09:15:44 PM »
you dont know anything. like someone said before its not because he lands perfect. he just HAS it. he skates nothing like Prod or mike mo.he skates raw spots and has good trick selection. hes the shit basically.i would never say that shit to him tho. oh and  im from a town outside of Atlanta called Duluth, in Gwinnett County, now i live in Shit Carolina. kinda far from Long Beach. you lose

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2007, 09:24:40 PM »
Deep it's kinda pathetic that you have an ego on the internet. I thought Gest was an idiot for disliking pops too at first, but it doesn't really matter if he's not really feelin' him that well. Judging from his footage Gest has more fun skating than most of the people on here so he definately gets it. Pretty lame also on your point, though, Gest assuming that everyone feeling pops is from Long Beach. What the fuck kinda comment is that? I don't know where I'm going here, I'm high. Deep is the Clyde Singleton of these boards.

deep

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »
Deep is the Clyde Singleton of these boards.

yeah black and dont give a fuck what YOU think. i guess i need to reiterate that. guess you could say i have an e-go? i just made a joke did you catch? and i just got a new sig. preciate it.

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2007, 09:40:03 PM »
Yeah I didn't really mean that as in insult.

skatebording sucks

« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2007, 09:43:27 PM »

jersey by nature

• Rep: -40
« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2007, 09:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote
probably one of my favorite switch flips.
[close]

really? his switch flip up the city hall 5 seemed to kind of roll up the set, kind of resembling dan pague's line at el toro
abd ave dc video
Don't do what the kids do.

OttoMaddox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2007, 09:12:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
probably one of my favorite switch flips.
[close]

really? his switch flip up the city hall 5 seemed to kind of roll up the set, kind of resembling dan pague's line at el toro
[close]
abd ave dc video

Pops did switch heel, not switch kickflip. 

flowduhh

• Rep: -3
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2007, 09:58:51 AM »
pops is a genius. don't think i could hate on him if i tried.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2007, 09:59:55 AM »
probably one of my favorite backside 360 kickflips
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.