Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 1300 times)

Skautism

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
    • Marco Melanson on Myspace avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Is it just me?
« on: July 04, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
Is it just me, or is Rodney Mullen really the only skater who can relate to me when I say classical, big band and other pre-1950 music is far more attractive than anything in the rock idiom?

Is it just me, or is it true that in the United States, today's youth doesn't want to carry on any musical traditions any older than Elvis (which is from 1956)?

I might be a true 80's child, but my favorite music is classical! So why is it that Mullen's the only sponsored skater who gives me justice? I'm tired of being all alone!!

mick swagger

Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »
get in where you fit in.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »
that music sucks dick, get with the fucking program.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Skautism

• Rep: -1
    • Marco Melanson on Myspace avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:45:39 AM »
Sorry for exaggerating... In fact I DO like rock and punk; I simply tend to always choose classical when I'm at home. Just ask Corey Duffel what a punk should be, and he'll answer that I'm still one! (Real punks like Corey and I are all about going against the grain and will accept any kind of unusual tastes from their peers.) Besides Mullen, there's also the Gonz who likes that old music, having shown it by setting his Video Days part to jazz; however I like Mullen much better. And there should be some others who still like old music even though they don't prefer it over rock (which in fact is still fine with me), such as Lutzka who states he likes absolutely all music. I was just in a bad mood when I wrote that first message.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:16:21 AM »
such as Lutzka who states he likes absolutely all music.

what a fucking asshole
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

mick swagger

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:56:13 AM »
Real punks like Corey and I are all about going against the grain and will accept any kind of unusual tastes from their peers

i really hope this is a joke. there is no such thing as punk anymore and if there was correy duffel would not be involved. wearing womens jeans and shitty blouses and falling on your teeth alot is not punk. johnny thunders was nothing but a methadone junkie... remember that.

////////////

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »
just because someone doesn't use a song pre-50s doesnt mean they don't listen to it.
and coltrane didn't get famous until the same time as elvis so get yourself together cuz you're lookin dumb.