Author Topic: epicly grecs  (Read 12140 times)

donnie_murdo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: epicly grecs
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 08:48:23 AM »
yeah i don't really want to bitch to hard on him, he seems pretty humble and doesn't act like a dick compared to TK and Greco (but would that really be hard ?), one of my friends was staying with Lenoce in Florida and hung out a lot with Reynolds and said he was a super nice guy, but that's like 5-6 years ago, then when you start to hear all that shit from everyone else in Spain and France it was gnarly how much everyone thought he was a twat.

But i guess being on coke does make you "slightly" arrogant to say the least
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

beeda weeda

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 08:50:13 AM »
cocaine is one helluva drug, I've had many friends, family members ect. who have beeh hooked on the shit, it makes you a horrible person, so selfish. I've seen many interviews with reynolds and he seems oo chill. I think he's an amazing skater and has only gotten better since cleaning pup.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007, 08:55:21 AM »
When Areynolds was on Birdhouse on that Lincoln towncar tour he was drinking Bud Tallboys all demo long and urinated on the side of this buliding while kids were waiting for his autograph etc while still drinking one. Heath, Apples and Lenoce tore that demo apart, I'm not sure Andrew even skated much. I'd say sobriety helped Reynolds but ruined Greco.

bornindabay

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 08:57:50 AM »
I think people abroad anticipate a pro's arrival and when he's there they get a wake up call. I know when I was in a different country I didn't give a fuck about any new person I met. I just depended on  the guide to point things out and I was off. Also, people worship skaters in different countries and can see how that can effect someone's ego while out there, but don't think it was that. I think it was him just having tunnel vision over drugs. Glad he's off the stuff.

On another note... I leave skating for a couple years and when I see the same faces again after a couple years they look hella old now. Drugs will tear that azz up.
I'm not above it and I myself look like a bag of bones thanks to weed. Just happy I don't look as old as a lot of these dudes I see who have abused.

Castles.

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 09:02:48 AM »
you do stupid shit when your young anyways, i think reynolds would of cleaned up seeing that his a father and that now.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:18 AM »
Yeah Sanch i totally agree with that attitude, but it's just funny how jaded people are now gettign to US pro's who come over and act like they're kings, it's the people that don't have attitudes and are mellow everyone loves, but i dunno the "super pro's" who just act like assholes blow there own cover so much everyone's just over them.

I know what you mean about turning up and having tunnel vision, i was trying to explain to some of the Almost Team a couple years ago that you can't just use a €100 note in a corner shop, it was funny just the blank look on faces, "really isn't it enough - this is like my day perdime ?" - yeah lets see what small change you have so you can get your Doritos there beardy

But it's funny do people just leave there minds at home or something

bornindabay

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 09:31:29 AM »
Yeah Sanch i totally agree with that attitude, but it's just funny how jaded people are now gettign to US pro's who come over and act like they're kings, it's the people that don't have attitudes and are mellow everyone loves, but i dunno the "super pro's" who just act like assholes blow there own cover so much everyone's just over them.

I know what you mean about turning up and having tunnel vision, i was trying to explain to some of the Almost Team a couple years ago that you can't just use a €100 note in a corner shop, it was funny just the blank look on faces, "really isn't it enough - this is like my day perdime ?" - yeah lets see what small change you have so you can get your Doritos there beardy

But it's funny do people just leave there minds at home or something

when I first traveled I was excited about meeting new people and then the dumb questions and fakeness entered into the equation. I just wanted to go home at that point.
after I realized this I kind of came uninterested in meeting new people abroad. They were just too nice to the point where it wasn't real.

It's funny cause some skaters really like this kind of surrounding and it's obvious when you look closely at who they surround themselves around.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:33:44 AM by bornindabay »

JunglePOP

• Rep: 29
  • Art Hellemen where are you?
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
Pro skaters are now celebrities and celebrities have to deal with whack shit.  Drugs and ass kissers can make a brother gO OFF THE RAILS ON A CRAAYYZEEE TRAAAAIIIIINNN!!!
Sorry, sometimes I get overly defensive on that point.

Orgone

• Rep: 16
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 10:44:57 AM »
should rename the show to 'epicly baker'd'

after misled youth greco hit the pooper

SoapboxStance

• Rep: -6
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 11:39:54 AM »
i love the comparison between the dude at autumn's reaction, which is of shocked disappointment/disgust, and the Trashy Vaudville Jimmy's reaction, which is effusive bullshit smoke up Jim's ass.  Jim looks like he's about to cry when Jimmy is telling him how famous he is. 
Priceless.

bornindabay

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »
I just thought he was weirded out cause he was in women's jeans talking to a gay guy who'd at any minute give him a blow job.

SoapboxStance

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
Naw, man. he was SO psyched. Fuckin' guy is talking about Johnny Thunders' rosaries, Iggy, Jim being famous, all sorts of crazy bullshit. How could he not be?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »
I think the guy in the store was very confused as to who Greco is. In what way would Greco be famous outside of the skateboard world? And no, it couldn't possibly be for his 'music' the guy I would say knows nothing about skating so he was clearly mistaking him for someone else. O'Dell did make this episode on purpose to expose Kook, I mean Greco for the phony he is.

bornindabay

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »
Naw, man. he was SO psyched. Fuckin' guy is talking about Johnny Thunders' rosaries, Iggy, Jim being famous, all sorts of crazy bullshit. How could he not be?

maybe he didn't want his boner to show thru his tights?

SoapboxStance

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 12:08:33 PM »
coke dick would solve that

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
I think the guy in the store was very confused as to who Greco is. In what way would Greco be famous outside of the skateboard world? And no, it couldn't possibly be for his 'music' the guy I would say knows nothing about skating so he was clearly mistaking him for someone else. O'Dell did make this episode on purpose to expose Kook, I mean Greco for the phony he is.

odells myspace bulletin:

Jim's episode is up... I am very excited about it... he's an interesting guy
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

SoapboxStance

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
traitor

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for posting. I was skeptical of this episode and, apparently, rightfully so. I have no desire to see Greco act how he's been described here. Drugs can definitely alter your personality but he was a vain prima donna before his drug use escalated to addiction.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »

That would be nice - if they weren't all so far up Greco's ass they can't see day light and need an exporitary team for help

odells myspace bulletin:

Jim's episode is up... I am very excited about it... he's an interesting guy

Ohh they are, fuck man O'Dell either actually thinks that or - and i REALLY hope - is taking the piss and i know American and sarcasum don't really mix/work that well together (sorry but it is true for about 90% of you, this board is a good prover i may be wrong sometimes)

SoapboxStance

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 12:57:25 PM »
we lack wit, and are not nearly as loquacious as you gifted scots, nor are our irony sensors as finely tuned. i would estimate that about 95% of discussion on this board is the result of a case of mis-interpreted sarcasm.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
thanks for the story donnie!

BlackSeptember

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
Donnie Murdo - English for self righteous.

nerd34

• Rep: 2
  • Riding on a Murshaq back
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
"this is the jacket i ollied into the car wash gap with"

greg

• Rep: -25
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »
Donnie Murdo - English for self righteous.

don't overstep your boundaries

bornindabay

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »
"this is the jacket i ollied into the car wash gap with"

Didn't Gonz ollie that years before? I think Felix did it too.

MURLIN

• Rep: -16
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2007, 02:37:20 PM »
Arm Chair skaters back at it.  Everyone on here needs to get a life and go actually skate.  Quit talking shit about people you don't know anything about.

Jim might be out there, but he is a good person. 

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38:46 PM »
After that I think we all know more about him than we wanted to.

MURLIN

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2007, 02:40:52 PM »
All you faggots need to know is he can go through 10x more things in life, and still skate better than all of you combined.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »
and that makes him a good person
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

MURLIN

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 02:43:31 PM »
Knowing him in REAL life makes him a good person.  Something none of you do.