Author Topic: Trick Tips  (Read 137667 times)

KeepOnPushing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Trick Tips
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 05:59:09 PM »
is there some sort of trick that im missing to varial heels. like i can get sometimes them but i know theres something im not doing right. i got them down switch and nollie better than regualr, but with a frontside trick thats usually the case

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 12:07:57 AM »
is this really a thread

Your right. I'd rather have a thousand stupid ass trick tip threads littering Help.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:12:02 AM by DrNewton »
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »
yu cant betray me... yo user name is in ebonics.

tehmizzark in english means "The Mark".

See ya mark ass buster... ass buster is yo last name  right?

God, just stop.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 12:20:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this really a thread
[close]

Your right. I'd rather have a thousand stupid ass trick tip threads littering Help.
[close]

You're right; I'd rather have a thousand stupid ass trick tip threads littering Help.

*note* you're the worst kind of moron

Correcting my grammar was the best you could come up with?

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 06:57:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this really a thread
[close]

[close]

You're right; I'd rather have a thousand stupid ass trick tip threads littering Help.

[close]

[close]

Ideally, I'd have to create a police account to correct every aspect of your life.  I really do find it amazing that you're able to convey all of your insecurities through the internet.  Whether your problems stem from lack of attention from your parents, or maybe too much attention(i.e. molestation), your warped views and values are some of the worst I've ever encountered.

How about taking your fake ass 'police accounts,' and getting the fuck out?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 10:50:14 PM »
nosegrind and k grinds are really just weight distribution. all the weight on your pop foot (exaggerate this motion for switch nose/k grinds), pop and transfer it all to the front so you can aim the trick, then as soon you make contact you equal it out. this way all your weight isn't stopping you from that long cruiselike grind experience you're chasing after. its all about being able to stand up on your foot without really holding all your pressure there. this is why nosemanuals help so much, because thats the name of the game there. it helps on front nosegrinds (and nosemanuals) to kind of throw your hip forwards so your body stays centered in the middle, if that makes any sense. if you watch anyone do a long nosemanual you should notice what i mean. i am the worst at typing how to do a trick, but i hope this helps with your problem of not being able to ollie into these tricks!
8)

nosegrinds are a bitch to learn....
remember to stand tall on your nosegrind... i find it helps to have your front foot just infront of the bolts when grinding, just like a nose manny....
the pop off can be tough too just force the deck forward and pray your truck doesnt clip
and dont ollie higher than you need to or else your not gonna grind, just fall forward

having said that, can i get any help on fs airs on minis? i just cant seem to keep on axis when i reach the top of the air and pussy out when it comes to landing and rolling away.,..

thanks
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »
Tailslides on transition anyone? I've ollied into them but its only a stall. How do you just pivot into them?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 04:06:39 PM »
Tre flips, the best I can do is a sort of a 270 varial flip
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
scoop it like it stole your lunch money. just keep the front leg out front.

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »
Tailslides on transition anyone? I've ollied into them but its only a stall. How do you just pivot into them?

you still have to pop slightly, just keep it small and concentrate on sliding, make sure you dont lean back too much as well, I did this and hit my tailbone on the coping

Round 2

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »
Popping fs big spins high without having them do a half-flip?

angrypork

• Rep: 2
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »
Front 360s anybody?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »
Popping fs big spins high without having them do a half-flip?

think tre flip but the other direction. and then front foot around the front bolts slightly hanging off.

pop hard and shove the crap out of it.

Gest

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 07:58:12 PM »
no comply back 360?

i had this before summer for a bit and now it flips on me every time i try to do it, i dont remember what i used to do or anything and im so bummed HELP DOODS

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
bs 360 no complies.... fun to to do but you get dizzy really fast....

wind up like a bs 360, with your shoulders kinda preturned so you get the roatation.... all i do is pressure hard on my front foot, release it and shove the board 360....my back foot control the whole motion....

make sure that when you pop down with your back foot you pop the deck backwards, as in really shove it heel side really hard....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
backside tailslides

is there some kind of trick to it i don't know? I can't lock into them consistantly.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »
backside heels and nose manual nollie flip out. help.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 07:26:32 PM »
backside heels
Learn halfcab heels first. After that, just set up with your front foot in the middle of the board, in heelflip position but farther out. Put your back foot like your going to do an FS shove. Pop and rotate while your flicking the trick.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 08:59:21 PM »
Front 360s anybody?

Foot right below the bolts, and wind up like a motherfucker....

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 09:04:28 PM »
backside tailslides

is there some kind of trick to it i don't know? I can't lock into them consistantly.

Theres no "trick" to it, per se, but it can be a bitch to learn.

1. After you have backside 180s down, roll up to the object you are skating as fast as possible
2. When you pop, pop a backside 180, but do not wind up for it. This should insure that you only rotate 90 degrees. Pop enough to get above the object.
3. While still in the air, kind of direct your tail to the object, and lean like you would a backside lipslide to slide it some. Be sure to commit, because if you slip out, it will mean a busted knee or face.
4. Turn out, and roll away.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 12:49:14 AM »
fs and bs tailstalls on tranny....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Any Time At All

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2007, 05:20:10 AM »
lazer heelflips plzzzz, I'm getting damn close, but when I jump up and try to land, it usually doen't get the full 360 rotation

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2007, 08:43:34 AM »
Expand Quote
backside tailslides

[close]

Theres no "trick" to it, per se, but it can be a bitch to learn.

1. After you have backside 180s down, roll up to the object you are skating as fast as possible
2. When you pop, pop a backside 180, but do not wind up for it. This should insure that you only rotate 90 degrees. Pop enough to get above the object.
3. While still in the air, kind of direct your tail to the object, and lean like you would a backside lipslide to slide it some. Be sure to commit, because if you slip out, it will mean a busted knee or face.
4. Turn out, and roll away.

thanks, yea the part I have trouble with is getting all my weight on my back foot, I seem to lean towards my front foot so I wont lock it in properly or do these really lame backside tail slashes on the ledge, I just have to commit more like you said, but yea it can be scary when you lock in but then it slides way faster than you expect and you end up on your face.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2007, 01:53:19 PM »
Hardflips.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this really a thread
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ideally, I'd have to create a police account to correct every aspect of your life.  I really do find it amazing that you're able to convey all of your insecurities through the internet.  Whether your problems stem from lack of attention from your parents, or maybe too much attention(i.e. molestation), your warped views and values are some of the worst I've ever encountered.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 11:46:13 PM »
Hardflips.

make sure you have front side pop shoves really good.... kickflips are important too, but not essential.... i lost my kickflip but i can still hard flip just fine....

1) start with your back foot in the front side pop shove position, right at the edge of the tail, so you get lots of scoop... i usually put my front froot ajust behind the bolts with my toes pointing forward.....
2) pop the deck (actually shove the deck front side) really hard
3) your front foot should have a delayed flick....  my foot follows the deck as its popped upwards and drags slightly along the grip
4) when your front foot is at the start of the concave of the deck (the g-spot as i call it), you need to flick your toe outwards
5) the higher you pop your deck, the higher you have to jump to have room for the rotation of the deck
6) after that just catch the deck and roll away....

it helps to have fs flips too....

let me know how it works out...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lfpskater

• Rep: -6
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
i do FS stuff and am horrible at BS anything. I seriously can not to BS to save my life. not kickturns on a ramp, no BS 180s, no BS grinds, nothing.

Is there a way to get good at it? It seems that no matter how hard I turn my body for the 180s or kickturns i can only get about half the way, or with 180s usually i just do a tiny turn, but it looks like a regular 180.

with grinds it just feels weird and since i do FS 180s i turn too much and cant get on right... maybe i should just learn BS blunts... haha.

well any advice? thanks.  :)

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2007, 07:44:44 PM »
the key to backside grinds is keeping your front shoulder turned forward and away from the obstacle, so you stay over top of it. You'll notice if you keep turning your front truck into the ledge or whatever it's cause your shoulder is turning in too, try keeping over top of it instead of leaning back, dunno if that makes sense but it worked for me

chiller

• Rep: -10
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 01:41:35 AM »
can someone help me with fs 5-0 bigspins? i can land em backside regularly but its completely different fs.

HabitatRider420

• Rep: -11
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »
how the fuck do you lock into crooked's, everytime I try them I slip into a boardslide or im on the wrong part of my truck and it doesnt grind