Author Topic: Trick Tips  (Read 137714 times)

Diesel

Re: Trick Tips
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2008, 10:40:23 PM »
I need help on coming off of the wall when doing wallrides. I can get all four wheels on the wall from flat but I can't come off the wall with my board.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »
I need help on coming off of the wall when doing wallrides. I can get all four wheels on the wall from flat but I can't come off the wall with my board.

you land primo right?  kinda do a bs 180 type scoop with your back foot, and also really swing out your nose so you can set down your front wheels and ride away.  loose trucks help also.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
nollie front 180s and nollie front heels are two of the tricks i run a little too much, so i'll try to help. nollie front 180s are really easy to half ass, but the key is getting them high and quick. for that, i think it mostly has to do with weight distribution. bend those knees and have all the weight on the front foot so when you snap it sucks right up. stand on your toes! i keep my shoulders open when i do them, which helps for later when you wanna learn them into things such as crooked grinds, because it snaps right into 180. as for foot position, at the end of this i'll link some little clip my friend put together a while ago and you can just see how i put my feet for a nollie 180 crook, that same formula gets the job done on flatground too. nollie front heels work with the same principle of keeping your weight on the front and keeping those shoulders open. it's more crucial for the heelflip so you can catch it and land full 180. as soon as you pop (as hard as you can) give your back foot a nice little flick. i keep the back foot with my toes curled over the edge, but i see a lot of people do it differently. however you feel comfortable flicking a good nollie heel really, but i tilt my foot inwards a little. this inwards tilt and the shoulders being open are the two big differences from a nollie heel and a nollie front heel. when i pop a nollie front heel, it feels entirely different from a nollie heel, in that theres no chance id mess up and just not turn or something. i think this is really just due to the shoulders. other than that, trust it, and itll work. they go really really good into switch manuals, so if you have a mean switch manual you will have a field day with this once you get em down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0AkYViWN-A    if you go to 2:09, i start a little line with a nollie 180 crook. key things are the standing on the toes and shoulders being open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_09QmvsPvU  at 0:24 i do a nollie 180 heel manny, and thats exactly how i do those on flat too.

notice how the feet are pointed for both. i know it seems like i keep saying the same two things over and over, but once you learn this you'll see its hard to explain to someone because its mostly just feeling. good luck though, hopefully it helps a little.

informative trick tip dude....  too bad its not a trick i do, but good job....

varial heels anyone??  i cant seem to get the board to flip more than half way.... 

how do i position my front foot and where do i flick/kick off with my heel??

thanks
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mick swagger

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2008, 06:05:29 AM »
I made this little gay trick tip one day at the park last year, i try and attempt to teach frontside bigspins sw in this. Its basically the same thing for regular...hope it helps.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dqIV1J34Qs

for some reason everything clicked after watching this. ive always had trouble with this trick. big ups

ahlee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2008, 06:11:17 AM »
i need to learn how to rip huge airs in tranny, japans and methods.

floyd

• Rep: 1
  • Biertje?
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2008, 06:43:53 AM »

informative trick tip dude....  too bad its not a trick i do, but good job....

varial heels anyone??  i cant seem to get the board to flip more than half way.... 

how do i position my front foot and where do i flick/kick off with my heel??

thanks
I put my front foot just behind the front bolts (toes just over the edge), my backfoot on the side of the tail.
pop and push out with the backfoot.
just after the pop kick your frontfoot straight to the side in a short blast...

fathalpert

• Rep: -3
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2008, 06:36:21 PM »
Back feebles?  I have no fucking idea how to get my backfoot to lock in, it always turns into a boardslide.
Groovy- Ash

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2008, 01:15:17 AM »
go watch the jereme rogers and TK xmas interview, part 2 i think....  some kid asks jereme how to do them as a trick tip and thats where i learnt how to do them...  a douche of a person but the trick tip works...

and you dont really need to be able to do bs 50-50s on rails, cos they are scary as fuck but being able to do them is helpful nonetheless.... 
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

knr

• Rep: 2
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2008, 10:44:40 AM »
I would just like some pointers on getting out of wallies. I can get in and when I'm coming out I lose control of the board. And front tail 270's. I can do front tails and front tail fakies without a problem but front tail 270's are the only reason I tried learning front tails in the first place. However, I can never get them. Any pointers?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:39 AM »
backside blunts on flatbars anyone??  i got front blunts and the locking in on bs blunts but i just cant get my bs blunt to slide....  i just stall or kinda seesaw over to the other side of the rail instead of sliding....

thanks again guys....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
backside blunts on flatbars anyone??  i got front blunts and the locking in on bs blunts but i just cant get my bs blunt to slide....  i just stall or kinda seesaw over to the other side of the rail instead of sliding....

thanks again guys....

its kind of like a front tail from the other side of the rail. ride up parallel because i find that if you go from an angle you wont slid as much because you go into the rail instead of along the rail. also when you start sliding keep your back leg(the one on the tail) relatively straight.

go faster, maybe a little more wax or something?

hope that helps

fast!

• Rep: 7
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »

thanks again guys....

as deadly as it may sound, you gotta put most of your weight on your back foot(your whole foot, not just your tippy toes) and lean back like you would on a tailslide or smith grind.
it makes it a lot easier if you learn them on ledges/curbs first, cause that way you're forced to do them proper instead of the ollie over tailslide/bluntslide that peeps be doing nowadays. 
for real, its all about putting your weight down on the back foot.  once you get over that fear, you'll be bluntsliding the entire length of the flatbar in no time.       

bRUCE bANNER

• Rep: -9
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
who

bRUCE bANNER

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
the

bRUCE bANNER

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »
fuck

bRUCE bANNER

« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
can't

bRUCE bANNER

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2008, 02:29:08 PM »
kickflip?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote

thanks again guys....
[close]

its kind of like a front tail from the other side of the rail. ride up parallel because i find that if you go from an angle you wont slid as much because you go into the rail instead of along the rail. also when you start sliding keep your back leg(the one on the tail) relatively straight.

go faster, maybe a little more wax or something?

hope that helps
Expand Quote

thanks again guys....
[close]

as deadly as it may sound, you gotta put most of your weight on your back foot(your whole foot, not just your tippy toes) and lean back like you would on a tailslide or smith grind.
it makes it a lot easier if you learn them on ledges/curbs first, cause that way you're forced to do them proper instead of the ollie over tailslide/bluntslide that peeps be doing nowadays. 
for real, its all about putting your weight down on the back foot.  once you get over that fear, you'll be bluntsliding the entire length of the flatbar in no time.       

thanks for the advice guys ill try it out this week...  if i had another 300+ posts i would gnar you guys....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

noah

• Rep: -2
  • level vibes
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »
frontside inverts anyone? i have no idea to even start on them. I try to fs air then but my left hand on the coping but it seems next to impossible. anyone know how to do them proper?

tamponboy

• Rep: -2
  • What did i just eat?
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2008, 11:49:55 PM »
yeah, that's one i've been eager to learn. last time i tried it i ate so much shit rolling down the fucking coping.
"Fuck Jazz Too!"

fast!

« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2008, 10:53:07 AM »
frontside inverts anyone? i have no idea to even start on them. I try to fs air then but my left hand on the coping but it seems next to impossible. anyone know how to do them proper?

i wish i could but i think you're asking in the wrong message board.
check out
http://concretedisciples.com/
or
http://www.skullandbonesskateboards.com/forums/

theres a lot of older vert skaters on both those sites so you should have better luck getting a trick tip there. 

niallc

• Rep: 2
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2008, 10:40:10 AM »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mju1_RZpX4g - pivot fakies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPCBnCOQvRg - haslam flip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_o-Efjj40 - noseslide nollie nothing

the pivot fakie trick tip isant helpful but it sure is amusing....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

the ragamuffin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
front board pop-out on rails anyone?

fast!

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »
front board pop-out on rails anyone?

thats a pretty tough one to explain, i don't really have them on lock but i bust them out everyone once in a while if i'm feeling it.
first thing you should know is it makes it easier if you go faster and having quick feet helps a lot too.

i'd say bust out the flatbar and ollie into a frontboard, don't slide the frontboard yet, instead just stall it in the middle and practice popping out standing still.  once you get the hang of that and your body gets more familiar popping out the middle of the flatbar, try sliding a little and see how it goes.  it'll seem really tough at first, especially if you compare it to popping out on a ledge(i learned it on a ledge first, then on a flatbar), but the more comfortable your body gets with the popping and turning motion, the easier it'll be. 

i'm reading this now and don't know if it makes any sense, sorry if it doesn't help.

Guinness

« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
wow thats a gnar trick

BobbyPuleoJr

• Rep: -3
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
Nollie crooks? I can do nollie noseslides super easy, in fact I usually tend to do them when trying nollie crooks. I always miss getting the truck on and I'm not sure if I'm doing it because I'm not nollieing high enough or or because I'm turning my body and it's making me go into a noselide.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
the key is in the shoulders. keep em straight so it stays in crook, not noseslide. other than that just remember to do it like any other trick where you pop off the nose and grind on the nose.... weight forward, pop, weight back, then weight just in the middle for when you land on it.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2008, 01:15:06 AM »
I would just like some pointers on getting out of wallies. I can get in and when I'm coming out I lose control of the board. And front tail 270's. I can do front tails and front tail fakies without a problem but front tail 270's are the only reason I tried learning front tails in the first place. However, I can never get them. Any pointers?

oh, man, I just learned this the other day!

1. It's been a monkey on my back forever. Since you've already got tailslides pretty well, practice actually putting a little pop out into your fs tails to fakie, this is pretty essential, especially if the ledge you're doing them on doesn't come to an end.

2. Then put a good amount of time into doing fs 360's on flat the bullshit pivot'y way, like the '180 land back wheels and finish it' way. If you can do the bullshit pivoty fs 360 on flat and manage to drag your front wheels all steezy, even better (I can't, it's awful).

After this point, if you're better than me, which I hope you are, you could cut out step 3 & 4 and move onto the "doin' it" part.

2. Then just set aside some time alone so you're not embarrased by doing tail drops on a shin tall ledge for a half hour - cause that's what I did. I sat there for a good amount of time just propping my board up in tail stall, bopping out and doing the bullshit pivoty 'land 90 turn 180' thing out, standing still.

3. Now try ollieing into a tail stall and doing the bullshit pivoty 270 out.

4. Do a bunch of tailslides to fakie popped out, again, and when you're comfortable enough to start landing with weight on your back wheels, start goin' for it.

Don't worry about not rotating all the way, just ask yourself wwpjd?

I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2008, 02:48:37 AM »
WWPJD.....  hilarious.....

good to see a post on this thread after a long time....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m