Author Topic: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread  (Read 35858 times)

diegomenendez

Re: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2007, 01:37:50 PM »
Who cares anymore

I SUCK!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
And my point was that your too cool to play the video at these "premeires."

You blamed the shop, you blamed your employees, and you even blamed the kids for not telling you they wanted to see the video that was promised on the flyer, but when it came right down to it you could've made the video play. And you didn't. So where are those kids from pages 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. of the "Jamie Thomas is a fuckin' faggot" thread? You were still ultimately responsible for the video not premeireing, and havn't said anything clearing yourself of that responsibility, but because you made some excuses those posters are now gone.

Your damned right I don't pay for that shit. $10 to watch someone else skate? $20 to watch there footage? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I didn't blame anyone, I just stated what happened.
They didn't have any equipment and no one seemed to care about the video at the signing, so it didn't get played, it's that simple.

All of your example posts were before I explained how it went down.
After, people logically understood and for the dude that was most pissed, I went out of my way to make it right.
Not to be seen as a saint, but because I could and thought it was the right thing to do.

Who asked you to pay for anything, we don't charge for our demos or premiers?
Keep up the research though, you're killing it.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »
They didn't have any equipment and no one seemed to care about the video at the signing, so it didn't get played, it's that simple.

Didn't have the equipment? So you are going to tell me, on this forum, that that skateshop didn't have a television and a DVD player?

Seriously, fucking pick one option and stick with it.

A. No Equipment
B. Kids didn't want to watch it
C. Didn't have time to worry about it
D. It was Drake's fault
E. It was the skateshop's fault

After, people logically understood and for the dude that was most pissed, I went out of my way to make it right.

What did you explain? I remember you saying something about how Jones didn't play it so kids wouldn't put it on YouTube or something. If he didn't play it because of YouTube, why didn't he? You didn't contribute anything different from what Diego first said. There were 300 kids there, so how do you even know Diego was the most pissed off?

Not to be seen as a saint, but because I could and thought it was the right thing to do.

I never did say you did it to be a saint. All of the ballwashers on this forum are doing that for you. If you'd take a fucking second and read, I even said that premeires get cancelled everyday and it was no big deal. The point is that some people did think it was a big deal, but those people are now gone and/or on the BlackBox bandwagon. This forum has fanned out and will disregard all facts, just because you post here. Just take a look at SLAP's only Asian female poster Brooklyn Brawler, right above me. Notice the Jamie Thomas avatar and matching signature.

Oh, excuse me for not typing "how much does jamie thomas charge for a demo" into Google. Actually, skateparks do charge as far as I know, and I'm not paying them to watch you skate either.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:10:22 PM by DrNewton »
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

diegomenendez

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2007, 02:13:36 PM »

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
I don't know why you made a whole other thread, but:

So all these dudes at the shop found out Jamie gave me a ride. They said that's cool, and asked why.

So I told em about the whole premire cancellation, and one of the dudes got really pissed.

"We weren't set up for the premire? We have a big screen t.v. in the corner, and 12 overhead monitors so everyone can see from anywhere in the shop"

He then said

"Everyone was asking why the video wasn't showing, so I went up to Jamie, asked him and he said the whole youtube thing, so I just said forget it and walked away"

This guy was livid, and I've known him for about 5 years...

Well I guess that eliminates option A.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »
Newton, I'm totally taking back that hug offer now, because I don't want my arms getting near all that doo doo in your underpants.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
Newton, I'm totally taking back that hug offer now, because I don't want my arms getting near all that doo doo in your underpants.

Oh.

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2007, 03:58:51 PM »
...I'll go with; Im not really paying attention to the subject.

PS. I'm getting an IASC tattoo tomorrow.

Didnt really notice this as a sarcastic answer until a friend pointed it out, but I was just asking your honest opinion on the subject that you do seem to be paying attention to(having the blanks/shop decks taken off the wall, participating in whatever shit the IASC had going on that daywhere you guys all took the pictures repping IASC and their stance on the subject), I wasnt trying to be a dick or anything. If you arent paying attention to it all, then it doesnt make much sense to do those things I mentioned above. If you just dont want to rerspond or have no answer for it, thats cool...but your answer to my question just seems to be adding more confusion to the subject and made it seem like you took my question as some type of insult.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2007, 04:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn't have the equipment? So you are going to tell me, on this forum, that that skateshop didn't have a television and a DVD player?

A. No Equipment
D. It was Drake's fault

Expand Quote
[close]

What did you explain? I remember you saying something about how Jones didn't play it so kids wouldn't put it on YouTube or something. If he didn't play it because of YouTube, why didn't he? You didn't contribute anything different from what Diego first said. There were 300 kids there, so how do you even know Diego was the most pissed off?

Expand Quote
[close]

I never did say you did it to be a saint. All of the ballwashers on this forum are doing that for you. If you'd take a fucking second and read, I even said that premeires get cancelled everyday and it was no big deal. The point is that some people did think it was a big deal, but those people are now gone and/or on the BlackBox bandwagon. This forum has fanned out and will disregard all facts, just because you post here. Just take a look at SLAP's only Asian female poster Brooklyn Brawler, right above me. Notice the Jamie Thomas avatar and matching signature.

Expand Quote
[close]

Oh, excuse me for not typing "how much does jamie thomas charge for a demo" into Google. Actually, skateparks do charge as far as I know, and I'm not paying them to watch you skate either.

I explained it as it went.
No one complained to us and as far as we know, no one complained to the shop.
I aplogized to Diego and anyone who read the thread that was pissed that the video didn't get shown.
We did a demo and premiered the vid the next night at an indoor skatepark 25 miles from the first signing and it was free.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
DrNewton...The guys in the original thread were pissed that the reason of the premiere being cancelled was because of youtube, as origninally stated. Then when Jamie came on and said that wasnt the reason, thats when people stopped being pissed...pretty simple.

Although I just saw the post from the shop about being ready for the premiere, and I'd like to hear the rest of that story.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2007, 04:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
...I'll go with; Im not really paying attention to the subject.

PS. I'm getting an IASC tattoo tomorrow.
[close]

Didnt really notice this as a sarcastic answer until a friend pointed it out, but I was just asking your honest opinion on the subject that you do seem to be paying attention to(having the blanks/shop decks taken off the wall, participating in whatever shit the IASC had going on that daywhere you guys all took the pictures repping IASC and their stance on the subject), I wasnt trying to be a dick or anything. If you arent paying attention to it all, then it doesnt make much sense to do those things I mentioned above. If you just dont want to rerspond or have no answer for it, thats cool...but your answer to my question just seems to be adding more confusion to the subject and made it seem like you took my question as some type of insult.

I met what I thought was sarcasm with sarcasm.
You knew the things you mentioned as "above", so I thought it would be impossible for you to think I wasn't paying attention.

To answer your original question, I've considered all reasons for the sales of blanks to be increasing, but I think there were more pros 5 or so years ago, so I'm not sure that has a lot to do with it. I think it's mostly due to the accessability of blanks. It's also part of the evolution of the industry and even though I was in that photoshoot and the IASC book, I'm not actively involved in what they're doing.

All of that said, I don't really care about it much anymore, I'm just trying to focus on what we're doing.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2007, 04:24:18 PM »

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »
You knew the things you mentioned as "above", so I thought it would be impossible for you to think I wasn't paying attention.

To answer your original question, I've considered all reasons for the sales of blanks to be increasing, but I think there were more pros 5 or so years ago, so I'm not sure that has a lot to do with it. I think it's mostly due to the accessability of blanks. It's also part of the evolution of the industry and even though I was in that photoshoot and the IASC book, I'm not actively involved in what they're doing.

All of that said, I don't really care about it much anymore, I'm just trying to focus on what we're doing.

Thats cool, thanks for the answer. I wasnt being sarcastic, just wondering what you thought about it. Any word on that Mystery DVD release?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thats cool, thanks for the answer. I wasnt being sarcastic, just wondering what you thought about it. Any word on that Mystery DVD release?

Cool, sorry for the misinterpretation.
The Mystery video is at the duplicators, so hopefully they'll be available within the next 1-2 weeks.

diegomenendez

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2007, 05:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote

That thread's been deleted?

So all these dudes at the shop found out Jamie gave me a ride. They said that's cool, and asked why.

So I told em about the whole premire cancellation, and one of the dudes got really pissed.

"We weren't set up for the premire? We have a big screen t.v. in the corner, and 12 overhead monitors so everyone can see from anywhere in the shop"

He then said

"Everyone was asking why the video wasn't showing, so I went up to Jamie, asked him and he said the whole youtube thing, so I just said forget it and walked away"

butternuts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »
What a bunch of fucking pussy-ass cry babies! WAAAAAAA...I didnt get to see the video. WAAAAAAA...the guys at the shop were angry. WAAAAAAAAAAAA Jamie is a meanie.
 Look at you fucking people! You're the people I hated in high school who judged all the skaters. Your just fucking jocks who want to be right and judge people. I dont care about Jamie either way, but hearing all these "skaters" on here belly aching and whining is fucking disgusting. You guys are the fakes, posers and kooks. You're on the sidelines and JT is in the game. Thats why you want to hate on him and BB.

Go do something you really like. Shopping in a mall, going to high school dances, Picking on kids who really skate...Get a life kooks.
Cardiel is rad.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That thread's been deleted?
[close]

He then said

I never heard about a big screen TV and never said crap about youtube.
Diego, please PM me the dudes name and I'll call him.

diegomenendez

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »
The big screen was in the corner near flat bars on the wall. It's all good.

butternuts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »
Diego stuck in the middle. Gets a ride and still back the the shit talking shop guys. Nice work.
Cardiel is rad.

diegomenendez

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2007, 06:35:20 PM »
Not backing no body. Everyone was just still complaining about the video premire at the shop, so I figured I'd give the shops side of the story. I got a ride to the premire and got to watch a demo and video, I'm stoked. I don't know why everyone elses pussy is still full of sand

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2007, 07:03:38 PM »
Not backing no body. Everyone was just still complaining about the video premire at the shop, so I figured I'd give the shops side of the story. I got a ride to the premire and got to watch a demo and video, I'm stoked. I don't know why everyone elses pussy is still full of sand

I'll call the shop and figure out where things went wrong.
Could you PM me the name of the best person to talk to?
Thanks.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
don't prostitute your spiritual beliefs- keep it to yourself.....its like praying or meditating in public....theres even somewhere in the Bible where it says its a sin to flaunt your spirituality/relationship with God.....it should be private and thus kept sacred---- thats no better than Jim Greco bragging about doing drugs, actually its worse-- being a role model and good example to kids is one thing, but don't base ad campaigns on it!!!  There are  just too many idiot Christians in the world.......the black box banner on here kinda makes this message board the gayest thing ever......oh yeah, the rep feature on the profiles contributes as well

yea guyz don't prostitute your beliefs!!

except this one!

the one that says not to do it!
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2007, 08:02:18 PM »
how come you made everyone refilm their tricks so much for that video? is that why its so short?

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

A. No Equipment
D. It was Drake's fault

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I explained it as it went.
No one complained to us and as far as we know, no one complained to the shop.
I aplogized to Diego and anyone who read the thread that was pissed that the video didn't get shown.
We did a demo and premiered the vid the next night at an indoor skatepark 25 miles from the first signing and it was free.

Now you are just talking in circles. I want you to answer, no bullshit, these questions:

1. Why was the video not originally played? (this one is a letter answer)

A. No Equipment
D. It was Drake's fault
F. YouTube (forgot to include this)

2. Why should the people who were originally pissed not still be pissed? Keep in mind, it was still your ultimately your fault the video did not play originally, and that's why they were pissed.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2007, 09:14:30 PM »
how come you made everyone refilm their tricks so much for that video? is that why its so short?

The only reason anyone would need to refilm a trick would be because it was either done sketchy or filmed sketchy.
Sometimes that stuff doesn't matter, but the video style for this vid is pretty clean, so if something's sketchy, it would stand out.

But no, the few amount of tricks that needed to be refilmed didn't affect the length of the video.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »

Now you are just talking in circles. I want you to answer, no bullshit, these questions:

A. No Equipment
D. It was Drake's fault

2. Why should the people who were originally pissed not still be pissed? Keep in mind, it was still your ultimately your fault the video did not play originally, and that's why they were pissed.

I'm not talking in circles and I don't really care what "you" want.
I wrote the facts that I felt were relevant to your claims/questions.

It sounds like there was a miscommunication between our TM's and the shop. I was not involved in the planning of the event in the beginning or when we arrived and I didn't know what was going on until late in the situation. That's my fault, but I assumed things were under control. My assumptions about the reason why the video wasn't shown seems to have pissed the dudes at the shop off, so I plan to call the shop and figure out what they were told and by who. Then we can determine what went wrong where, that way it doesn't happen again.

But to you, Judge Wopner, I owe nothing.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »
Expand Quote

A. No Equipment
D. It was Drake's fault

[close]

I'm not talking in circles and I don't really care what "you" want.
I wrote the facts that I felt were relevant to your claims/questions.

It sounds like there was a miscommunication between our TM's and the shop. I was not involved in the planning of the event in the beginning or when we arrived and I didn't know what was going on until late in the situation. That's my fault, but I assumed things were under control. My assumptions about the reason why the video wasn't shown seems to have pissed the dudes at the shop off, so I plan to call the shop and figure out what they were told and by who. Then we can determine what went wrong where, that way it doesn't happen again.

But to you, Judge Wapner, I owe nothing.

Be sure to keep us posted on this. I figured you would choose one of the other six reasons you've already posted, but you completely threw me for a loop by adding a seventh.

How about this: You claim not to care about blank boards, and that you just had the shops put them in the back that day so it would be all about the Zero boards. Well why didn't you force them to put all of the non-Zero boards in the back, including graphics?

Or this: what was that footage you had removed from the Baker video of? I heard you threatend to sue....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:59:09 PM by DrNewton »

keeper of the lair

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Dr newton is the new hargo.

scuzzo84

• Rep: -5
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2007, 09:49:30 PM »
Dr. Newton you are my hero.

Im tired of these bitches who made it big always fucking up shit, they continue to bullshit over and over, while at the same time, they are getting money money money and more of what they want.....money

These fucking assholes like Jame Thomas, dont EVER want to see other people make it big or even make some money. They are some selfish bitches. I still cant get over how they said all that shit about blank decks and shop boards.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 09:51:05 PM by scuzzo84 »

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2007, 09:58:31 PM »
you said it, scuzzo84
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari