Author Topic: A messed up Canon Video Camara  (Read 1257 times)

manual

A messed up Canon Video Camara
« on: July 15, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
Heres the problemo:When I switch it to playback and try to watch footage back it will most of the time just be a blank blue screen even when the tape is full of footage and im supposed to be seeing it.If it does play which it does its got lines through it or its pixelated and basicly just fucked up.If I switch it to record mode it will sometimes be fine but sometimes itll just be all pink pixels or itll flash through loads of colors black etc.The batterys fully charged ive never dropped it or anything like that its been fine up till now.Its not the tapes cause ive kept them safe and clean.Im the biggest camara tech dude but im not a fool either.Im sure some of you know a lot about camaras.Its a CanonMVX100i if that helps at all.Help!Thanks...

Duffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: A messed up Canon Video Camara
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »
www.skateperception.com

They can probably help you a lot more than we can

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:58:09 PM »
except first they'll probably make fun of you for not owning a vx

manual

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:34:49 PM »
Cheers ill check it out.Nah im only borrowing this camara off my friend just film a lil local video then ill get myself a VX1000 or whatever they use nowadays.This camara wasnt bought for skateboarding my one will be though.Thanks.

manual

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:48:49 AM »
Problem solved.I gotta get a tape to clean the heads thats all.Sweet. 8) Thanks for the link up friend.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 03:04:22 AM »
Head cleaner, and after this pick one brand of tapes and stick with it. Don't switch brands around if you were doing that.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

manual

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 04:54:55 AM »
Yeah thats exactly what I did.I just learnt about the liquid or something from the tapes and when they mix thats when things start to fuck up.I will stick to the same tapes after I clean it.Thanks for the advice.

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »
Is it nessecary to clean your heads with a tape once in a while, even if there are no problems?
Or is it just a waste of a $20 head cleaning tape...
My cams been fine, but I don't wanna have the heads go dirty all randomly when I need it.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 02:54:57 AM »
Is it nessecary to clean your heads with a tape once in a while, even if there are no problems?
Or is it just a waste of a $20 head cleaning tape...
My cams been fine, but I don't wanna have the heads go dirty all randomly when I need it.

No, head cleaners are abrasive and can actually be harmful if you overuse them. Have the tape though, and just keep it in your bag, because it's going to fucking suck to go out filming something big and suddenly have that error come up. They only cost $10 on eBay so it's not too bad, and having a friend steal one works even better.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.