Author Topic: slap video  (Read 22643 times)

remEMBer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: slap video
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
Expand Quote
i want to see footage from boston, pontoonboat, wikipedia, and rupert murdoch
[close]
I support this idea. A fake accounts montage would be tight.

So would that add suspect photos and clips?

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:06 AM »
you should keep it to the longer term members. no one wants to see any footy of imsocool

i like this idea.  the fake montage could be cool too, but the limit should be time on slap, not posts, otherwise well get spammed.

H8R

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
remEMBer,
what kind of format would you need it in? 
i'm assuming we should all submit it in one format to make things easier for you. 

edit:
so you really want everyones footage on DVD-R?
thats gonna be a lot of DVDs.   

[close]

It would be easier to drag a drop from a dvd-r then a zillion emails with clips but whatever way we can do it will work. Well any suggestions?

its really whatever is easier for you man, i mean you're doing the work dude. 

either way, DVD-R sounds the easiest, so DVD-R it is!     

Rupert Murdoch

• Rep: 4
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »
remEMBer,
I can send you a clips on youtube, but I'm not sure I can do the DVD-R thing. I'll call Carl Rove, see if he can do it. (he's the one who edits all my footy)
shuffleboard ALL DAY EVERY DAY, NIGGA

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »

I don't really mess with YT but if you can send it DVDR that would easier. I'll fuck around with you tube shit tonight see how it comes off!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:20:02 AM by remEMBer »

Boston

• Rep: 22
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »
remember i can send you footage too. my suggestion is that you use more than a feeling for the fake account clip

Gest

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »
no shit asshole!

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM »
remember i can send you footage too. my suggestion is that you use more than a feeling for the fake account clip
What about "Lights" by Journey or "We built this city" by Starship or some Chicago song... oh wait you're Boston! So I'll wait for fake SF and Chicago acct to use the them.

Boston

• Rep: 22
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
no shit asshole!
that is enough out of you gest. if we ever decide to go on another tour(sadly without delp) we are going to kick your ass when we come to town. bitch

remember, you MUST use more than a feeling. we will give you the rights to the song for free

Gest

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2007, 10:54:43 AM »
wouldnt that be sick if the gav sent us some rare footage or some shit

so is remember editing it?

we need to make like a sticky for all the specs and requirements and shit

Rupert Murdoch

• Rep: 4
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »
Now if only pontoon boat would step up, we could have a nice montage.
shuffleboard ALL DAY EVERY DAY, NIGGA

Jura

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »
wouldnt that be sick if the gav sent us some rare footage or some shit

so is remember editing it?

we need to make like a sticky for all the specs and requirements and shit

Right. Someone needs to draft up a little proposal here. With requirements and due dates and shit...

But first, we need to decide on who can be involved. Is it by post count? Join date? Voted on by the people, etc, etc...

Gest

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2007, 11:12:41 AM »
its hard to make it without looking like etlist assholes but oh well. i think people should send in footage, a list of the people who sent footage in are posted, we decide which ones should and shouldnt, based on if we have even heard their username or not. post count is a bad idea because of spam and weeding through everyone by who has been here longer would be even harder.

name anyone?

Jura

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
^^ I like it. Anyone else on board with this?

Requirements need to be drawn up and stickied. We have a concrete DUE BY DATE. Anything after, will be submitted for the next "Slap Board Montage".

Once entries are received, remEMBer will post the list of users who sent in footy. From that list, a vote can be made.
Those who dont get chosen WILL be put up for the next montage. And between those times, they will have to try to make a name for themselves here.

This is SO fucking corny, but I also think it could be really fun. Thought?

Gest

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2007, 11:21:36 AM »
oh my god is it fucking corny

but so is shark attack 3 and its still on my shelf

H8R

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
just make it so anyone can submit and let remEMBer decide.

people should submit footage using their real names with an email or some other contact info.

if remEMBer wants to use it, he can contact that person and ask for his user name. 

this will keep things fair and unbiased cause if we submit footage with our user names, he could simply dismiss footage because he doesn't like you and not because he doesn't like your skating. 

if you make it a public vote it'll simply be a popularity contest, nothing more.

real name, contact info(email or phone#) and thats that.  this will ensure a good video with alot of different styles, lots of different tricks with no show of favortism, elitism, etc. 

how does that sound?   

mikefork

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2007, 11:24:22 AM »
^^ I like it. Anyone else on board with this?

Requirements need to be drawn up and stickied. We have a concrete DUE BY DATE. Anything after, will be submitted for the next "Slap Board Montage".

Once entries are received, remEMBer will post the list of users who sent in footy. From that list, a vote can be made.
Those who dont get chosen WILL be put up for the next montage. And between those times, they will have to try to make a name for themselves here.

This is SO fucking corny, but I also think it could be really fun. Thought?
you have the right idea. now all we need is a due date, how is one month from now sounding(august 18th)?

Gest

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
i think slap nicknames should be used

is remember have any weird bitter biases towards any of the board?

Jura

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »
Nicknames will be used in the actual video.

But what h86 is saying, is you just submit footy and remEMBer decides who to use. THEN he finds out who the actual user is.

Right?

H8R

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »

But what h86 is saying, is you just submit footy and remEMBer decides who to use. THEN he finds out who the actual user is.

Right?

yes.  this will keep things fair in my opinion. 
if everyone submits user names, it'll make it too easy to pick and choose.  he'll end up using the footage from user names he knows well and skipping over the guys he doesn't really know know
it'll end up being a video full of slap pals, pros who chill here and people hes boys with.  i'm not saying remEMBer is a bad guy but thats what i think will end up happening whether he means to or not. 

using real names keep it compeltely and totally anonymous and gives him a better chance to make a unbiased vid with a good mix of people from this board.

Gest

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:14 AM »
and by chance he might just pick a bunch of guys with 1-10 posts

nicknames ftw

H8R

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »
and by chance he might just pick a bunch of guys with 1-10 posts

nicknames ftw

so....who cares? 
the point of this is to put out a good vid with a good mix of people from all over whether they have 1-10 post or they got 20000....skateboarding is skateboarding and a good trick is a good trick. 

again, people would submit one trick or one line, and thats it.  its not like peeps are going to be sending him a sponsor me tape.       

Gest

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2007, 11:51:32 AM »
or we could just use clips from all the members who send footage. if 100 people on the board send one trick each, it still wouldnt be that long.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »
I'll keep and open mind on it. it should be fun and not too serious.In past I've been know to be too critical on shit/clips.videos and I've learn to chill on it and I'm just down to do it for the fun of it. But I do suggest you film something your really hyped on. don't send a clip that your not fully proud of, but it doesn't have to be "hammer time" just solid/fun clips

With that said I would go with SP names for the video and I'm pretty chill with most on this board and my real friends here? small list: Math Professor, Sanch and Kelch, FT
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:03:05 PM by remEMBer »

H8R

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
well i'm all for using user names in the vid itself, just not the submitting part. 

it doesn't really matter because in the end, its what remEMBer wants to do, hes doing the work so i think he should have the final say.  :)

Gest

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2007, 11:58:18 AM »
im just thinking using your real name then getting the nickname could in some way get some shit mixed up, just an extra step that isnt needed

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »
This is going too far already and I'm losing stoke. Slap names only as we aren't in this for recognition, right? I'm not. I'll film a line and send to remEMBer in quicktime format on DVD by the deadline. Simple.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »

Right?
Well if they can send clips with their nickname on it only and that way then can keep it private(i.e fake accounts) Like I said I will truly keep an open mind on this.

H8R

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2007, 12:21:37 PM »
This is going too far already and I'm losing stoke. Slap names only as we aren't in this for recognition, right? I'm not. I'll film a line and send to remEMBer in quicktime format on DVD by the deadline. Simple.

haha, sorry man didn't mean to kill your stoke.  :)

so remEMBer, you need to make the rules for this, start a new thread, then sticky that badboy.

this could turn out to be the lamest thing ever, or something thats beyond super fuckin dope....i hoping for beyond. 8)   

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 12:23:46 PM »
It'll be too awesome to be lame!