Author Topic: Coming to New York City  (Read 7041 times)

biggums mcgee

Re: Coming to New York City
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2007, 05:01:23 AM »
shit harry the pimp, when I go into the city uptown is where I stay...thanks for all of that man.

although, what have you found at columbia??

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »
[youtube=425,350]wVBY7wYIStI[/youtube]
hardly art, hardly starving

thesnackman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
    • quartersnacks avatar image
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2007, 01:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
lenox is a bust tickets and shit. i still dont understand how they turned a south harlem crackspot into a 1.5 million dollar condominium complex.
[close]

so im assuming that quarter snacks isnt giving the most reliable situation.  is it hard to ditch the cops there? im planing a trip for maybe novemberish.

Updated today, and somewhat more reliable..

http://www.quartersnacks.com/spots/get-the-wax-ready/

h@rry_t3H_pImP

• Rep: 1
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
shit harry the pimp, when I go into the city uptown is where I stay...thanks for all of that man.

If you walk in on 116 and broadway and make a left next when you get into the campus courtyard keep walking to the end and theres a set of stairs(2-3 don't remember)with some ledges. Also theres the chain to bank off of amsterdam before the library ledges WHICH ARE A BUST. As long as you don't hit the before mentioned ledges its a no-bust.

H8R

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »

theres some brick banks but you have to do a little ollie up.
right next to that is a grindable ledge on either side of the banks.
5-6 stair rail going down the middle of the banks. 

from there(if looking down the banks), walk up to your left(gaint ass sculpture) to the top and theres marble ledges/benches for miles but need some waxing.  theres also a 3 block right there as well. 
now if you're by the 3 block, look down in the middle of the square(surrounded by guardrails) theres a brick quarter pipe thingy down below(jack sabback hits in in one of the EST videos)  theres other random stuff but the campus isn't that big so things should be easy to find.   

heres some pics....
http://www.quartersnacks.com/qs/spots/uptown/columbiauniversity.php

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:53:03 AM by H8R »

h@rry_t3H_pImP

• Rep: 1
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2007, 12:40:23 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

theres some brick banks but you have to do a little ollie up.
right next to that is a grindable ledge on either side of the banks.
5-6 stair rail going down the middle of the banks. 

from there(if looking down the banks), walk up to your left(gaint ass sculpture) to the top and theres marble ledges/benches for miles but need some waxing.  theres also a 3 block right there as well. 
now if you're by the 3 block, look down in the middle of the square(surrounded by guardrails) theres a brick quarter pipe thingy down below(jack sabback hits in in one of the EST videos)  theres other random stuff but the campus isn't that big so things should be easy to find.   

heres some pics....
http://www.quartersnacks.com/qs/spots/uptown/columbiauniversity.php

LEAVE THAT SHIT ALONE, ITS A TRAP!

/lol

biggums mcgee

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
thanks for all of your responses guys..love the fact that new york is one of those few cities where residents are actually willing to throw down some of their spots!

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2007, 10:38:24 AM »
I just spent all day driving (not advisable) around NYC scoping spots with Moustache and I'm backing him. He laughed along with me when the colors manny spot ate my palms. Took me to the this fun street where I slappied metal curbs (to my hearts glee!) and tried to skate some loading dock ledge, among other spots.  I'm starting to get FDR legs (the knees don't want to suck up for ollies) but NYC has me wanting to skate the streets again.

From what I'm hearing here, Tompkins sounds like a bad day at LOVE circa '92. That doesn't sound fun.

"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

malonious

• Rep: -3
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
you really need a guide, thats the best way to get anything out of your trip i think
my jobs sucks so unfortunatly i cant help you, but MAYBE you want to hit up tompkins and find kids who LOOK like they actually skate and try to make friends with them....

TF = vibe central.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:40:45 PM by malonious »
skateboarding used to be cool.

malonious

• Rep: -3
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2007, 01:16:54 PM »
grimaldi's (idk about spelling)

its right over the brooklyn bridge

best pizza in the city

grimaldi's is seriously good and you can get hungry at the weird slant ledge thang on front st.
skateboarding used to be cool.

H8R

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2007, 01:19:45 PM »
I just spent all day driving (not advisable) around NYC scoping spots with Moustache and I'm backing him. He laughed along with me when the colors manny spot ate my palms. Took me to the this fun street where I slappied metal curbs (to my hearts glee!) and tried to skate some loading dock ledge, among other spots.  I'm starting to get FDR legs (the knees don't want to suck up for ollies) but NYC has me wanting to skate the streets again.

From what I'm hearing here, Tompkins sounds like a bad day at LOVE circa '92. That doesn't sound fun.

driving sucks in the city.  you gotta just skate it, its actually quicker than driving to a spot through city traffic, then driving around for another 30 minutes looking for parking spot.  anyway, its awesome you guys met up and had fun.  wish i could've been there but i was busy hiding out in my air conditioned house.  :P           

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2007, 01:28:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

driving sucks in the city.  you gotta just skate it, its actually quicker than driving to a spot through city traffic, then driving around for another 30 minutes looking for parking spot.  anyway, its awesome you guys met up and had fun.  wish i could've been there but i was busy hiding out in my air conditioned house.  :P           

Next time.

And, yeah, I was kind of on a mission as far as driving goes. I have some friends coming through NYC and they want me to help them find spots in a 12 passenger van.  ??? So, I thought it best to drive a car around first. Usually, I park in Jersey and take the train. Buy a metrocard for the day. Unfortunately, these guys don't have that option.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

moustache

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »
Dude, you forgot to mention: "The Bank"! Best. Spot. Ever. Well it will be when we concrete in a curb at the top, and somehow manage to extend the length by another 8 feet!

Yeah, yesterday was goodtimes. Coney, to Dumbo, to China Town, to Tribeca, to the West Side Highway... we did okay...

Some curbs slappied, some palms destroyed, some horrid ghetto BBQ pizza, and some PBR to seal it. If ony every Sunday could be like that.

Yeah it was the first time I've ever driven around NYC aside from Taxi rides. Definitely a different vibe to just bombing around the streets and finding stuff... definitely the better option, although being in a car did have it's perks...not being knackered by the 2nd spot was a nice refreshing change!

Next time, we'll do it the "real" way. H8er, I expect you to make a guest appearence..?