Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709679 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6990 on: July 02, 2023, 09:11:38 PM »
Stoked to have survived Saturday night.

I made the mistake of booking a room on an AirBnB, despite promising myself that I'd reduce my reliance on this stupid app because it has the worst customer service ever.

The host was nice enough to me, but he was incel as fuck. Told me about his transition from "liberal" to conservative. It seems the fulcrum of this shift was his hatred of women and women's freedom.

Dude went on about how back in the day women had little choice and now they can choose from anyone on the internet, which harms him (as if they'd be stuck choosing him if Tinder didn't exist). He was upset about all sorts of culture war shit and just nodded along or gently pushed back as I didn't want to get murdered in my sleep.

Also, none of the windows in his house let in any light. They were all covered. There was zero natural light in the place. I felt like I signed my own death warrant just to save a few bucks and not pay for a hotel.

I left first thing in the morning, did a wet-wipes shower in the Trader Joe's parking lot and went on with my day.

I feel bad for the dude and wish him the best, but he is going down the wrong path if he thinks simply hating women and blocking all natural light into his home will help him obtain his dream of having a partner.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6991 on: October 05, 2023, 10:50:54 AM »
Dipped out of work like three hours early banking on my boss not noticing. We ended up getting pretty busy so he called me like two hours after I got home and was already baked, had to tell him I shit myself to explain it, little demeaning but I’m not fired so stoked at the same time

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6992 on: October 18, 2023, 02:39:33 PM »
25% of the way to saving the rehearsal space. That's a pretty good haul.

75% of the way to go. I'd be surprised if I don't pull it

Second s / n s.

Got nollie Vs today.  I know why they don't work most of the time. I wasn't getting the fakie flip feeling before the pop.

Ns

I tried like 4 to film and no. That's kinda a primos trick. I bet it would work to primo slide pretty good.

Stoked again about the 808.

If you like to flip your board and you're old that's definitely the shoe.

Pretty sure I'm a lifer for the 808 now.

I'm going to keep it going if possible.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6993 on: October 19, 2023, 04:41:50 PM »
Boom I made it. Saved the space.

More good shit.

My Niece just visited me today.

We did math homework then she asked to have a guitar lesson. She's the first kid in the family to ask me that since the 90s

We sat down and I taught her the cowboys chords

No prob she got them first try.

I started tripping a little.

I taught her the a major pentatonic. She loves the song my girl. Like 10 trys or less. Has it memorized.

A minor pentatonic. Boom memorized!!! Now I'm screaming praise fully about to cry. I'm thinking it might be a dream.

I gave her homework. The type of homework you give someone who been playing like 6 months. 3 years in this family maybe.

I said this is a miracle.
I told her that I'll know if you don't take up the guitar it's because it's too easy for you.

Just like the skateboard. I have a video of her first ride in the Gloucester park at age 7 she was able to get across the park regs and could push switch kinda. Few more days definitely would have happened easy.

She just never showed interest in improvement. Sometimes she talks about it but skatebloarding is not attractive to most girls at all.

She's been having issues at school.

Kids are crule. I might have to flex on some kids parents if I hear.

Chances are I've had confrontation in the past with their folks.

I told her that it was the same for me. And we are the same because she is MY kid. All the fear you feeling about being different. Advanced in the arts and sports. Your fears will turn to fuel.
You just have to time that moment so its effect on your reality are positive.

And once the kids see what you been working on in your heart. They will want it too. And you where born with it.

I swear if you do good in school and avoid the things you know that will inhibit your assent you find yourself on easy street someday looking back at the lot.

You're going to be a powerful independent individual. There's no stopping it now. You're on your way and it couldn't be more beautiful.

The call you a person well let's see them play the guitar and do good at school and give a shit about the feelings of other like we do.

Don't forget you know how to fight. I know their parents. There's no way they can. It's all acting.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6994 on: October 19, 2023, 04:42:44 PM »
Boom I made it. Saved the space.

More good shit.

My Niece just visited me today.

We did math homework then she asked to have a guitar lesson. She's the first kid in the family to ask me that since the 90s

We sat down and I taught her the cowboys chords

No prob she got them first try.

I started tripping a little.

I taught her the a major pentatonic. She loves the song my girl. Like 10 trys or less. Has it memorized.

A minor pentatonic. Boom memorized!!! Now I'm screaming praise fully about to cry. I'm thinking it might be a dream.

I gave her homework. The type of homework you give someone who been playing like 6 months. 3 years in this family maybe.

I said this is a miracle.
I told her that I'll know if you don't take up the guitar it's because it's too easy for you.

Just like the skateboard. I have a video of her first ride in the Gloucester park at age 7 she was able to get across the park regs and could push switch kinda. Few more days definitely would have happened easy.

She just never showed interest in improvement. Sometimes she talks about it but skatebloarding is not attractive to most girls at all.

She's been having issues at school.

Kids are crule. I might have to flex on some kids parents if I hear.

Chances are I've had confrontation in the past with their folks.

I told her that it was the same for me. And we are the same because she is MY kid. All the fear you feeling about being different. Advanced in the arts and sports. Your fears will turn to fuel.
You just have to time that moment so its effect on your reality are positive.

And once the kids see what you been working on in your heart. They will want it too. And you where born with it.

I swear if you do good in school and avoid the things you know that will inhibit your assent you find yourself on easy street someday looking back at the lot.

You're going to be a powerful independent individual. There's no stopping it now. You're on your way and it couldn't be more beautiful.

The call you a person well let's see them play the guitar and do good at school and give a shit about the feelings of other like we do.

Don't forget you know how to fight. I know their parents. There's no way they can. It's all acting.
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #6995 on: October 21, 2023, 02:50:34 AM »
Got stoked on a patrick bateman Halloween costume but starting to also feel like I'm not far off from just living like him in the first place

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6996 on: October 21, 2023, 08:55:45 AM »
I ve been pretending to be Tiago. Also Kelly Hart.

And I remembered how to pop fakie and nollie shuvs super high again. It's all about how much foot you hang off the edge

Unfortunately I can't jump waist high anymore so it's kinda a pointless exercise

Just so people know I think Kelly was awesome back in the day. He just entered skatebloarding at abad time.
If he was like 10 years older skatebloarding would remember him differently today.

It's like the same thing for all those poor kids.
(A)pl(E)

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #6997 on: October 27, 2023, 10:57:15 PM »
Had a good sesh tonight, got with some friends and played a bunch of games of skate, landed some stuff I wasn’t expecting to land. Now I’m at this bar down the street from my pad having a few drinks; gotta be up a couple hours earlier than usual for work tomorrow which I’m not stoked about, but it’s all good. Think I might end the night with some pizza or Thai food, we shall see.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #6998 on: October 30, 2023, 03:58:23 PM »
Went to a Halloween work party. It was pretty fun. Brought my friend who I hadn't seen in around 8 years there because he came to town to visit me and there were going to be some people there he knew. They were happy to see him.

Got way too drunk and embarassed myself. Hurt my knee pretty bad stomping wood in half to fit in the fire pit. Made the fire way too big then made out with a girl  from the sister business I work for in front of everyone.

Technically I wasn't even supposed to be there as I'm not to be fraternizing with them outside of the workplace due to probationary period and job program thing. They found a loophole though. My boss and the guy whos house he lives at both skate... so when we were at the skatepark  on Friday the other guy invited me and they all said it would be fine. But now its going to be hilarious seeing them try and not talk about it at work since that was also part of the deal.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6999 on: October 31, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »
Im about to capture my ultimate old man skate goal. This winter I'm going to kill everything. I'm skating extremely strong. After I get the new trick up to cruising speed I a made man again by my own standard.
It's an amazing feeling. I worked super hard for this. I been trying to skate (tricks and stuff) every single possible day since spring 2017.

Side story. My psychiatrist from 2012-2020 was like blown away when I told him I wasn't skating from 2004-2016.

He was like wtf? I've almost never seen you with out a board. I was like that wasn't skateboarding. Now I'm actually skateboarding

He didn't get it.

Anyway. I think I've reached all my trick goals.

Now

Im about to throw a monkey wrench into it. Tomorrow I'm switching from 5.6s to 6.1s. Well I'm ordering them so like 2-3 days.

Getting a board I'm getting another pair of 808s tho so I know it's going to be fine. I feel like I could kickflip a fuckin coffee table in this shoe and be no prob.

Once I dial it in this week or whatever month so I can do these reclaimed flip tricks at a good speed I'll have to find new street goals.

All I got left is a few ledge tricks and the rest is vert shit.
I gotta find a way to cash in the weird woods invite I received when I helped the homies break down the YMCA ramp.

I'm such a slacker. All I wanna do is stale fish and FS invert. Float a back 360 Ollie would be nice. I've done cab on vert. Bonked and popped.  I've never done back 360 above coping on a real ramp.

I'd sell a soul for a proper spine ramp. It'd be a wrap already if we had one around here.

Spine is the only obstacle as cool or cooler than a curb. That one at frickin Edge don't count. I love Edge. It sucks I never get to midnight session anymore.

I guess I'm not stoked on that too.

Stoked

#1 captured skate goals
# 2 6.1s new bloard
#3 I just checked I can get more 808s on sale tomorrow!
#4 band optimistic about touring after the album is pressed.
#5 my skating is strong enough that I can muster nearly anything I put work into.

Not so stoked

No spine ramps not really anything wooden around here definitely only that bowl at the over crowded park has vert around here.

The best 808 colour ways are $109 but it's actually fuckin worth that to have this level of healing happening now I'm over vans.

Wtf was I thinking? Playing games with my feet since the 80s. Night and day. Night and day. I'm stoked on that shit.

I'm low key stoked to be having to fight my new set up to really keep and lick these tricks. I'm really fuckin tripping about it. I feel like fuckin Reese Forbes or something.
When I snatched it all boned but flat and the bolts snapped to my feets as I rammed it into the ground and replaying what just happened in my mind. I felt like some of his Ollies looked.

I can't wait to show the planet.

I bet I wouldn't come in last if I figured out how to Tampa.
(A)pl(E)

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130

meaningless mess

• Rep: 37
« Reply #7001 on: December 17, 2023, 06:39:51 AM »
Ended a 2.5 year relationship yesterday. It was mutual and we’ve agreed to be friends but it’s bittersweet. I really fucking loved them, but sometimes love isn’t enough to keep you together after you’ve been drifting apart for some time.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
  • sup dog
« Reply #7002 on: December 17, 2023, 10:08:28 AM »
Damn @uncle flea

That’s some good reading. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful, man.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #7003 on: December 17, 2023, 10:10:59 AM »
I’m stoked on being more technically and imaginatively competent on the skateboard….

… but my body won’t fucking listen and gets tired and worn way too easily now.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #7004 on: January 08, 2024, 02:41:23 PM »
Getting hungry has a greater affect on my mood now than in years past. It happened yesterday that I got strangely sad and the friend I was driving around with rightly said I probably just needed some food.
The hunger typically leads to anger but has pivoted to sadness over the last week.

Just now I felt a melancholy come over me and my immediate thought was, “I need to eat! Now!” So I’m starting to recognize.. a little light in this current darkness.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #7005 on: January 22, 2024, 02:06:32 PM »
Getting hungry has a greater affect on my mood now than in years past. It happened yesterday that I got strangely sad and the friend I was driving around with rightly said I probably just needed some food.
The hunger typically leads to anger but has pivoted to sadness over the last week.

Just now I felt a melancholy come over me and my immediate thought was, “I need to eat! Now!” So I’m starting to recognize.. a little light in this current darkness.

Knowing and recognizing is half the battle.

Reading this made me think about my moody moments and trying to account how hungry I might have been, especially knowing my eating habits are less than ideal... good food for thought (ha!)

---

My stoke is my 1yo son is walking 100% on his own. We have mostly hard wood floors, so I imagine learning to stand on that was probably sketchy, but now that he was on his feet, he's unstoppable.

The not-so-stoked part is his little shit grips always counter surfing or playing in the dog food/water

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #7006 on: January 24, 2024, 05:10:24 AM »
the ig world is flush with tshirt bootleggers

and while some have really thoughtful well articulated ideas, some are just straight up screen grabs or just low low low effort, very copy, paste, filter, print

it blows my mind how many people eat that shit up, guess its just made for mass consumption.

me see pinhead me want shirt

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #7007 on: January 26, 2024, 09:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Knowing and recognizing is half the battle.

Reading this made me think about my moody moments and trying to account how hungry I might have been, especially knowing my eating habits are less than ideal... good food for thought (ha!)

---

My stoke is my 1yo son is walking 100% on his own. We have mostly hard wood floors, so I imagine learning to stand on that was probably sketchy, but now that he was on his feet, he's unstoppable.

The not-so-stoked part is his little shit grips always counter surfing or playing in the dog food/water

Kids love the water bowls.. Caught my nephew trying to eat the cat food on occasion too. Congrats on the walking! I love that early stage and their funky high-stepping waddle.

I’ve never been a snacker in my adult life and my diet is pretty simple, so I gotta make some changes. Might end up being a smoothie person eventually. Stoked on: I’ve been making a new recipe every couple weeks, making me feel very accomplished while also improving my kitchen skills.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #7008 on: February 18, 2024, 04:47:39 AM »
Went to a alternative practitioner for a few things I have going on atm. Basically because most "real doctors" I visited are kinda uninterested to even try to find out what's wrong with me.. He helped me a ton and he's also a pretty good masseur.
We made a blood test and I need some minerals, vitamins and stuff. So I went to the pharmacy and fuckin paid 200€ there.. Normally here in Germany stuff like this is covered by insurance but because he's not a "real" doc, I have to pay it by myself.
Could not imagine to live in a place where this is normal..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #7009 on: February 29, 2024, 01:53:50 AM »
Stoked on going to visit Sri Lanka for a month. Not stoked I have like 600€ to pay for my accommodations and other living expenses there.. It's going to be interesting to see how I can manage it all.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #7010 on: March 01, 2024, 06:36:25 AM »
Went to a alternative practitioner for a few things I have going on atm. Basically because most "real doctors" I visited are kinda uninterested to even try to find out what's wrong with me.. He helped me a ton and he's also a pretty good masseur.
We made a blood test and I need some minerals, vitamins and stuff. So I went to the pharmacy and fuckin paid 200€ there.. Normally here in Germany stuff like this is covered by insurance but because he's not a "real" doc, I have to pay it by myself.
Could not imagine to live in a place where this is normal..

Dang, I had G_V's Rant #524 about the wackness of US for-profit healthcare all queued up...only to find out that you're in one of the places I'm always saying we should try to emulate. I guess it's the same all over now: "here's some Advil/Zoloft/Tums, you're getting older so this is the 'new normal' now get back out there and get those dollars/euros/scraps of stale bread."

But stoked you found a pro who took a real interest, even if it did cost $$$.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #7011 on: March 01, 2024, 07:44:16 PM »
I’ve got a possible biter for the second room in my apt and she’s a hot girl. The problem is she may have dudes over to give her the business and I don’t know how comfortable I’ll be with it. Good news is very many hentai art films have a scene where the hero eavesdrops and jerks off. That could be me guys! A win for everyone!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #7012 on: March 01, 2024, 08:41:52 PM »
I’ve got a possible biter for the second room in my apt and she’s a hot girl. The problem is she may have dudes over to give her the business and I don’t know how comfortable I’ll be with it. Good news is very many hentai art films have a scene where the hero eavesdrops and jerks off. That could be me guys! A win for everyone!

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #7013 on: March 02, 2024, 06:58:59 PM »
Got a great idea for something to help me eventually transition out of corporate America and do something meaningful but am afraid of failing at it. Been spending months trying to gather the courage to make meaningful steps toward it. I have a soft launch in planning in April and am hitting serious procrastination anxiety around it. I keep having to motivate myself with, “If you knew you wouldn’t fail, what would you do?”

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #7014 on: March 03, 2024, 05:01:13 AM »
Got a third job as a dishwasher on the weekends and most of me fucking hates it. I’m already on feet all day at my other jobs but I have to stand on this textured anti slip matt when I’m washing dishes that absolutely fucks up my feet by the end of the shift. It’s also destroying my back a little bit from leaning over in to the sink to grab the dishes every 2 seconds.

But the other part of me loves my coworkers and managers. The hours aren’t too bad and the money is suprisingly really good because we get a share of the tips every day. Thought I was only gonna work there for a few weeks until I got more hours at one of my other 2 jobs but now I don’t know. Might be here for a few months atleast until I pay off some bills
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 05:17:56 AM by Switch360flip »

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #7015 on: March 03, 2024, 09:08:30 AM »
That’s exactly something that washed up horse actor from Horsin’ Around (a show that was filmed in front of a live studio audience and lasted for a total of nine seasons ending in 1996, on ABC) would say.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #7016 on: March 04, 2024, 08:47:21 AM »
Got a great idea for something to help me eventually transition out of corporate America and do something meaningful but am afraid of failing at it. Been spending months trying to gather the courage to make meaningful steps toward it. I have a soft launch in planning in April and am hitting serious procrastination anxiety around it. I keep having to motivate myself with, “If you knew you wouldn’t fail, what would you do?”

Skate shop? But scared I'd have no time to actually skate. I must not fear; fear is the mind killer...

meaningless mess

• Rep: 37
« Reply #7017 on: March 04, 2024, 08:47:51 AM »
Sore as all hell from skating and filming yesterday, but couldn't get the clip I wanted. Oh well. Next weekend it is.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #7018 on: March 22, 2024, 12:26:47 PM »
Weed becomes legal now in Germany. You can carry 25 grams on the street, grow 3 plants at home and own 50 grams total per month..
I stoped smoking weed 10 years ago.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7019 on: March 25, 2024, 12:25:58 AM »
Did a bjj basics course over the weekend and pondering if Im going to keep pushing it further or not. I'm kind of feeling it as a sport and would like learn more but the thing I did not like were the overly enthusiastic course mates who were rushing it way too hard and not focusing on learning the techniques that were taught to us (probablya very common thing among beginners). I had this one guy as my pair, I was on guard and he was charging like a bull trying to get on me but ended up under me and I managed to tire him out pretty fast and he gave up (did not tap but said his over it).