Author Topic: Cigarette Smokers  (Read 3840 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Cigarette Smokers
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2024, 06:59:58 AM »
Since my dad's passing in 2015 I've quit smoking and it's been the best choice I've made.  I miss it last time I had an urge I smoked a camel wide and barfed and haven't smoked since.

To me it stinks and I can't breathe when I'm at shows or a neighbor is smoking. I miss it but it's a fleeting feeling.
Dueces Bitch's

addie pray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2024, 07:24:05 AM »
Circling back to this to let y’all know I still smoke a pack a day of Kool green shorts.

stopppppp

i only smoke when i skate or im at work. spirits preferred.

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2024, 09:11:15 AM »

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2024, 04:14:48 PM »
I never smoked cigarettes as such but did not realise how addicted to nicotine I was through smoking spun weed.

I quit buying tobacco for my weed in 2020 after about 10 years.

I LOVE smoking though. If I did start smoking cigarettes, I would smoke so much. Smoking is a great meditation for me; focused breathing, having a moment to myself, not talking - I wish it were good for you.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

turdtastic

• Rep: 52
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2024, 06:05:26 PM »
I never smoked cigarettes as such but did not realise how addicted to nicotine I was through smoking spun weed.

I quit buying tobacco for my weed in 2020 after about 10 years.

I LOVE smoking though. If I did start smoking cigarettes, I would smoke so much. Smoking is a great meditation for me; focused breathing, having a moment to myself, not talking - I wish it were good for you.
I feel this so hard.
Well kinda. It’s been about 12 years since I dropped it.
Deal with the wife was that I’d quit when I want (she binge smoked, but bitched about my daily habit) or when she got pregnant. Then soomebody had to go and get themselves knocked up, so I quit (Yes, kid is mine). I missed/craved it for so long, then that went away; then I wanted to want to smoke.
Nowadays I enjoy a tinge of secondhand smoke, or might actually smoke one if I’m SUUUUPER wasted, but that’s been a minute.
Watching someone enjoying a solo cig takes me back and wish I could too.
Fuckin coffee and cigs for breakfast, mmmmmm….

LeDave

• Rep: -32
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2024, 11:54:34 AM »
Been smoking since 21, I am now 34. I roll my own cigarettes. Menthol for me.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2024, 12:00:53 PM »
shout out to all the homies who have ever let me bum a smoke at the bar. When end times are here I will happily repay you all with what ever resources I will have collected.

mattselnick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2024, 05:39:03 AM »
I smoked for 15 years. I rolled my own ones also, but my wife pissed me off to quit it. To be honest, it's a damn hard task for me. I switched now to Zyn. Is anyone here also on it? Some opinions?

I buy zyn online from here. Someone told me it's the best to use. Any other recommendations?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:21:39 AM by mattselnick »

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 44
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2024, 08:57:32 AM »
Trying to get away from it after falling back in, but these goddamned Marlboro 27s keep calling me like a siren at sea.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2024, 10:46:43 AM »
I smoked for 15 years. I rolled my own ones also, but my wife pissed me off to quit it. To be honest, it's a damn hard task for me. I switched now to Zyn. Is anyone here also on it? Some opinions?

I smoked in my 20's, then found chew (was a chef, never had to leave the kitchen!). I quit a few times with nicotine gum, and have now found myself steadily on the ON nicotine pouches. They're much smaller than zyn, and cheaper.

I've quit nicotine for a year or more numerous times, but a moment of weakness (one chew, one cigar, etc) always draws me back in.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2024, 09:41:54 PM »
I used to smoke out of boredom but pretty much stopped by 21. I bought a pack once, when I got the urge years ago and wasn't into it after 1. A few years ago in my early 30s hanging out with old friends and social smoking for a couple months, if that and nothing after. Then last year out of nowhere formed a habit in a single night. I blame it on watching too many interrogations of Russians and watching Sopranos for the first time (Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in). I quit for a month a couple times and again soon after would pick it up, and even seeing my cardio get worse on my apple watch. I never focused on the actual effects of nicotine before that to be honest, and it was the first time I ever was smoking out of stress, on my lunch, craving it all day. That shit is no joke. It's been just over a month but I've moved and I can't be smoking around the people I'm with and am not dealing with as much stress. I still think about it sometimes but the cravings are greatly reduced for me after a couple days and not bad at all. Even when I got horrible fucking sick with covid I was burning those mother fuckers. Fuck that bitch ass nicotine.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2024, 06:43:34 PM »
I have been hella smoking and it is still great

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2024, 08:27:25 AM »
 I'm in an abusive relationship with the darts.

slaab900turbo

• Rep: 9
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2024, 07:09:29 AM »
I quit 6 years ago and really miss it lately. I’m in California and can’t get real menthols anyway.

LeDave

• Rep: -32
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2024, 07:47:47 AM »
I quit 6 years ago and really miss it lately. I’m in California and can’t get real menthols anyway.

Here in Minnesota, I can't get it in Bloomington but Eden Prairie is just 4 minutes away and they supply menthol. I have a feeling they're going to try to ban it statewide eventually.

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2024, 04:43:26 PM »
anyone fuck with zyns/pouches/whatever theyre called? makes me completely forget about vaping actually so stoked on them. down to like 5 puffs a day as opposed to every minute it felt like. honestly so stoked, given me a full new lease on life
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2024, 05:32:12 PM »
New favorite is hittin the weed vape then smoking an American Spirit as its dessert. Delicious

TerryFunk

• Rep: 12
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2024, 05:52:53 PM »
Smoked for about 10 years straight. Started on Black & Milds, and then progressed to Newport Red Shorts because they used to be super cheap. Eventually they ended up being more expensive than Marb Reds so I switched to Marb. Last cig I smoked which was about a month or so ago was a Lucky Strike red, which are very similar to Newport Reds.

Most of the homies back then smoked though. We’d all be bumming off each other based on who had the most full pack. Cigs I liked which I never bought myself were Yellow & Teal American Spirits & Camel Turkish Blend. If we were stuck out in the boonies at a party and I was all out one of the homies would grace me with an L&M or a Pall Mall. Not my preferred choice but when you’re drunk and want a cigarette you’ll smoke anything.

I’ve quit smoking and picked up a vape a few times. I prefer the cig, but it’s much easier to vape at work and at home.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2024, 05:07:27 AM »
Smoked Marlboro 27s/Camel Reds for 10 years and once I moved to a state where they are $12 a pack, switched to RYO or PYO cigarettes until I finally made the switch full-time to the vape (yes I'm aware I look like a total ass-clown, but have a small, discreet refillable unit just so I'm not walking around with this giant tank mod puffing big clouds like a choo-choo train). It's been probably 5 or 6 years since I had a legitimate pack cigarette but lately the Marlboro Man and Joe Camel have been tag-teaming my mind, telling me how delicious it would be to have an actual cigarette with a cup of black coffee or espresso (shots of heroin or cocaine are just out of the question these days). I feel like one of these days I'll break down and buy a pack for the nostalgia of it, plus cigarettes make you look cool as hell.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2024, 06:21:06 AM »
New favorite is hittin the weed vape then smoking an American Spirit as its dessert. Delicious

I haven’t smoked since the day my son was born. I held him and realized my shirt just smelled horrible. Quit on the spot.  But I really really miss rolling Js with my blue Spirit loose tobacco.  7 years later and I still feel some kinda way about it.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2024, 08:49:48 AM »
I recently quit smoking cigs at the beginning of the year and it's been one of the best things. I had to vape for awhile to ween myself off and now I've essentially quit vaping and starting using Zyn's. Toothpicks help with the oral fixation as well. Feeling pretty healthy lately and noticed that I've had more breath and an easier time breathing lately. Would recommend Zyn's to anyone who is trying to quit. Eventually I want to quit those as well but not rushing myself as everything takes time but happy to be making some progress

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2024, 09:12:06 AM »
I used to smoke out of boredom but pretty much stopped by 21. I bought a pack once, when I got the urge years ago and wasn't into it after 1. A few years ago in my early 30s hanging out with old friends and social smoking for a couple months, if that and nothing after. Then last year out of nowhere formed a habit in a single night. I blame it on watching too many interrogations of Russians and watching Sopranos for the first time (Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in). I quit for a month a couple times and again soon after would pick it up, and even seeing my cardio get worse on my apple watch. I never focused on the actual effects of nicotine before that to be honest, and it was the first time I ever was smoking out of stress, on my lunch, craving it all day. That shit is no joke. It's been just over a month but I've moved and I can't be smoking around the people I'm with and am not dealing with as much stress. I still think about it sometimes but the cravings are greatly reduced for me after a couple days and not bad at all. Even when I got horrible fucking sick with covid I was burning those mother fuckers. Fuck that bitch ass nicotine.
I feel this deeply, I use to smoke when I was 13 and it was on and off here and there it wasn't till 20's that it was a habit. The weird thing is when you get around people who smoke or anything that's awful for you and you break away from it there's a realization that why'd you start in the first place..... Same thing with drugs and drinking for me, I was just trying to be numb and cool without reading between the lines.
Dueces Bitch's