Author Topic: What are you eating right now?  (Read 427589 times)

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #3450 on: September 09, 2020, 09:18:21 AM »
Just had one of the Krispy Kreme limited edition Violet Crumble donuts.
Average at best.

"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #3451 on: September 09, 2020, 10:59:31 AM »
iM eAtInG ThE tRaViS sCoTt

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #3452 on: September 09, 2020, 11:50:37 AM »
Croissant turkey club w/ avocado mmm

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3453 on: September 09, 2020, 01:32:38 PM »
Grilled hotdog on a toasted bun with Korean fermented soy paste and alfalfa sprouts. Dipped it in Melinda's Habanero Honey Mustard.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #3454 on: September 29, 2020, 09:44:10 AM »
iM eAtInG ThE tRaViS sCoTt

Im eating another travis scott. This shit is better than his dunk

Coolguy69

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3455 on: September 29, 2020, 05:43:41 PM »
Just had a smoothie and now I'm about to have tomato soup with some orzo thrown in. Oral surgery sucks

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3456 on: September 29, 2020, 05:50:22 PM »
I just had bruschetta, a Philly cheesesteak, and a Cesar salad. Not a bad meal, but the company card paid so I’m not complaining
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3457 on: October 02, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »
filled my pantry with japanese and korean foodstuffs like gochujang, dashi, two types of miso, soy sauces, mirin, black bean paste etc...

eating the 5th bowl of selfmade ramen this week. simple  veggie broth with some tomato paste as base with a tare made of a mix of mirin and soy sauce and black bean paste, threw in some broccoli with the noodles, then sauted these with onions, did the thing where you put oil on the side, fry up soy sauce and mirin until that puddle almost burns, then stir fry the veggies in there, use them as topping. optionally fried egg and sesame seeds on top. i went with egg and no seeds this time, it's delicious.

i'm kind of following the assembly rules for ramen but i'm totally freeballing on the tare and broth most of the time, just looking to keep the broth unsalted.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #3458 on: October 02, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »
Rona masala confirmed

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #3459 on: October 04, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »

Homemade Herbivore calzone and a Downeast apple donut cider alcohol cider thing. Not sure how I feel about the drink, might have to have another one for a better analysis.

Watitdo

« Reply #3460 on: October 06, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »
filled my pantry with japanese and korean foodstuffs like gochujang, dashi, two types of miso, soy sauces, mirin, black bean paste etc...

eating the 5th bowl of selfmade ramen this week. simple  veggie broth with some tomato paste as base with a tare made of a mix of mirin and soy sauce and black bean paste, threw in some broccoli with the noodles, then sauted these with onions, did the thing where you put oil on the side, fry up soy sauce and mirin until that puddle almost burns, then stir fry the veggies in there, use them as topping. optionally fried egg and sesame seeds on top. i went with egg and no seeds this time, it's delicious.

i'm kind of following the assembly rules for ramen but i'm totally freeballing on the tare and broth most of the time, just looking to keep the broth unsalted.

I've been making a lot of homemade ramen dishes and improvise the whole thing too but I don't use nearly as many sauces as you. Yours sounds good, I'm impressed. The last one I made came out fantastic:
Ramen noodles
Frozen dumplings
Cooked shrimp
3 different types mushrooms
Edamame
Corn
Green onion
Seaweed
Egg
Shoyu
Tiny bit of this miso glaze sauce
Put some chili oil on top
Was soooo good

Have you seen this guy's instagram? He's pretty funny, you might enjoy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFdh0WGjS9a/?igshid=1c5o70rakf124

I want to get into vegan or keto smoothies now. I make pretty bomb smoothies already but I want to switch it up and use the protein powders to lose some weight. I'm gonna try and do sobertober so I figured why not get hella healthy. But it's just protein powder and water?? Seems boring and not tasty. If anyone has any smoothie suggestions I'm listening.

I've been just using oat or coconut milk, bananas, and either acai, dragon fruit, strawberry or blueberry, peanut butter, dates, and oatmeal. Not all at once but some type of combo.

I also want to make homemade ice cream with frozen bananas. Anyone try that? Regular dairy ice cream fucks me up now unfortunately.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3461 on: October 06, 2020, 01:34:21 PM »
^

hell yeah man, that recipe sounds tasty!

my roommate is the man when it comes to smoothies(well he is actually a cook so he does that really good as well), he hooks me up with his concoctions. usually goes oatmilk, banana, cinnamon, dates, peanut butter if you want a milky power shake, or a super green one with arugula, baby spinach, cucumber, mint, apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime juice and maple sirup.

i'm still missing a sake in my pantry, haha. but i have acquired a ton of condiments. i'm like a sauce freak. have like 6 different hot sauces in the fridge, got normal mayo, got kewpie mayo, 3 kinds of mustard, several soy sauces(light, shoyu, tamari, ponzu), some special sauces i made myself and keep in the fridge, all kinds of cooking oils and vinegars and spices.

just need a new goddamn pan. also, shoutouts to dull kitchen knives. 

made some stir fried rice today with eggplant, a poached egg and spring onions on top. fried it with that sauce mix i mentioned and some dashi broth. pretty good. i think i'm gonna poach my eggs more often, pretty cool way to cook them once you get the hang of it.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #3462 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
^

hell yeah man, that recipe sounds tasty!

my roommate is the man when it comes to smoothies(well he is actually a cook so he does that really good as well), he hooks me up with his concoctions. usually goes oatmilk, banana, cinnamon, dates, peanut butter if you want a milky power shake, or a super green one with arugula, baby spinach, cucumber, mint, apple cider vinegar or lemon/lime juice and maple sirup.

i'm still missing a sake in my pantry, haha. but i have acquired a ton of condiments. i'm like a sauce freak. have like 6 different hot sauces in the fridge, got normal mayo, got kewpie mayo, 3 kinds of mustard, several soy sauces(light, shoyu, tamari, ponzu), some special sauces i made myself and keep in the fridge, all kinds of cooking oils and vinegars and spices.

just need a new goddamn pan. also, shoutouts to dull kitchen knives. 

made some stir fried rice today with eggplant, a poached egg and spring onions on top. fried it with that sauce mix i mentioned and some dashi broth. pretty good. i think i'm gonna poach my eggs more often, pretty cool way to cook them once you get the hang of it.

Eggs have never let me down.  8)

Made salmon chowder for the first time. Didnt want to heat up my place so I just crock potted it.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3463 on: October 06, 2020, 07:45:39 PM »
Nothing, gotta kill 2 and a half hours before my paycheck comes. Then I'll eat whatever shitty food is open.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #3464 on: October 06, 2020, 09:17:59 PM »
Nothing, gotta kill 2 and a half hours before my paycheck comes. Then I'll eat whatever shitty food is open.

Definitely been there a few times recently. Sucks to hear dude.
Target here marked down a bunch of their frozen pizzas so I just had the margarita pizza for $2.50. Not bad for the money .
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #3465 on: October 06, 2020, 09:52:44 PM »
i done fried myself up a fish tonight

shit was fuckin tighttttt

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3466 on: October 07, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely been there a few times recently. Sucks to hear dude.
Target here marked down a bunch of their frozen pizzas so I just had the margarita pizza for $2.50. Not bad for the money .
I wasn't gonna die, I got food here but some shit I don't want to eat. I had been on a leave at work so my check was cut for about a month it was worth. Only thing that did suck though was check didn't come through at the usual time so I waited for nothing last night.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3467 on: October 09, 2020, 07:20:50 AM »
not eating, but drinking winter melon juice. tastes crazy, almost like popcorn.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #3468 on: October 10, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »
Had the most amazing Chicken Shawarma wrap from the local Mediterranean Restaurant (the owner and his wife are Syrian). Crispy chicken from the outer edges of the meat on the spit, garlic cream sauce, hummus, hot sauce, romaine lettuce, diced tomato, Arabic pickled cucumber, pickled red onion on authentic, thin rolled and slightly sweet pita bread. They toast the wrap in a panini-grill type thing to get the bread hot and crunchy. Soooo fucking good, tastes exactly like the real deal shawarmas and kebabs I used to get overseas. $5 each and more food than most sandwiches for the same price

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #3469 on: October 11, 2020, 06:17:25 PM »
leftover pad thai take out and a few white claws, tryna assuage sunday scaries
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #3470 on: October 11, 2020, 06:54:08 PM »

Any soy sauce intel, frank? I grew up eating buttered noodles with Kimlan soy sauce at like 4 out of 5 dinners, but I have to admit that I don't know what's what in the world of soy. And what kind of hot sauces are you running? I'm something of a sauce freak too. Genuinely curious.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3471 on: October 13, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »
Just scarfed down some vegan pesto-Alfredo pasta with meatless crumbles and veggies mixed in.
All day, I thought I was just feeling shitty...come to find out I was just starving.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3472 on: October 13, 2020, 06:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Any soy sauce intel, frank? I grew up eating buttered noodles with Kimlan soy sauce at like 4 out of 5 dinners, but I have to admit that I don't know what's what in the world of soy. And what kind of hot sauces are you running? I'm something of a sauce freak too. Genuinely curious.

i'm just starting to get into the soy sauce game so i am probably not the best to ask. apparently there are tons of different styles, but i have kept it pretty basic so far with one light and one dark soy sauce. many recipes call for different styles of regional or brands soy sauces to be mixed in different ratios, i haven't delved into that yet. but generally the way i understood it is that the light sauce is saltier, whereas the dark one is a bit sweeter and has more depth to it. so to balance you want to mix the two according to your taste and find sauces you like best, so your old favorite should be a good start i guess.

my current hot sauce rotation is dirty dicks, tapatio, sriracha, green tabasco(i know it's not hot at all, just like the taste on pizza), and sometimes i whip up some sort of hot sauce out of my tub of gochujang. just thin it out with water and some sort of acid. but i miss secret aardvark since i ran out of it, that stuff is soooo delicious. so pretty basic rn. i've been staying off the fancy stuff as of late since i found to have too many in rotation can make you forget about one or the other and then you forget to cool it, leave it on the table for weeks and it goes bad. i'm about to run out of tapatio and will probably get some basic cholula next to replace it. sometimes i try and make my own, we have these rando mixed bags of chilis at the grocery store, they usually have a range of chillies in them, jalapenos, habaneros, scotch bonnett, but no ghost peppers or their like. then i just fuck around with that, usually like mine vinegar based as opposed to cooked off. but i dig both, i don't really care. just think not boiling off everything makes everything taste fresher and i'd rather have it taste a bit funky than cooked dead. roasting the peppers and veg before is a good idea if the sauce is supposed to be savory, but if i want it to taste green and fresh i skip that.

on topic, i made some garlic noodles according to chef john/kenji lopez-alt. was missing fish sauce, which i substituted with a splash of worcestershire sauce. came out really good. very simple, but satisfying dish.

trashparty

« Reply #3473 on: October 13, 2020, 10:17:55 PM »
multigrain cheerios. i literally have to eat a bowl of cereal b4 bed or else i wont be able to fall asleep. i dont even eat cereal for breakfast. just b4 bed

rupertspupkin

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3474 on: October 14, 2020, 12:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i'm just starting to get into the soy sauce game so i am probably not the best to ask. apparently there are tons of different styles, but i have kept it pretty basic so far with one light and one dark soy sauce. many recipes call for different styles of regional or brands soy sauces to be mixed in different ratios, i haven't delved into that yet. but generally the way i understood it is that the light sauce is saltier, whereas the dark one is a bit sweeter and has more depth to it. so to balance you want to mix the two according to your taste and find sauces you like best, so your old favorite should be a good start i guess.

my current hot sauce rotation is dirty dicks, tapatio, sriracha, green tabasco(i know it's not hot at all, just like the taste on pizza), and sometimes i whip up some sort of hot sauce out of my tub of gochujang. just thin it out with water and some sort of acid. but i miss secret aardvark since i ran out of it, that stuff is soooo delicious. so pretty basic rn. i've been staying off the fancy stuff as of late since i found to have too many in rotation can make you forget about one or the other and then you forget to cool it, leave it on the table for weeks and it goes bad. i'm about to run out of tapatio and will probably get some basic cholula next to replace it. sometimes i try and make my own, we have these rando mixed bags of chilis at the grocery store, they usually have a range of chillies in them, jalapenos, habaneros, scotch bonnett, but no ghost peppers or their like. then i just fuck around with that, usually like mine vinegar based as opposed to cooked off. but i dig both, i don't really care. just think not boiling off everything makes everything taste fresher and i'd rather have it taste a bit funky than cooked dead. roasting the peppers and veg before is a good idea if the sauce is supposed to be savory, but if i want it to taste green and fresh i skip that.

on topic, i made some garlic noodles according to chef john/kenji lopez-alt. was missing fish sauce, which i substituted with a splash of worcestershire sauce. came out really good. very simple, but satisfying dish.
You gotta get that fish sauce. Shit is essential. Thanks for the inspiration. Haven't had garlic noodles in a year or two. Gonna go make some.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3475 on: October 14, 2020, 07:19:19 AM »
You gotta get that fish sauce. Shit is essential. Thanks for the inspiration. Haven't had garlic noodles in a year or two. Gonna go make some.

haha word, gonna get some tomorrow and try again on the weekend.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3476 on: October 15, 2020, 04:13:33 AM »
Out the car in for a service today, while we waited went across the road and got a great spaghetti bolognaise, garlic bread and a glass of red wine.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3477 on: October 15, 2020, 08:03:04 AM »
bacon eggs pancakes

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #3478 on: October 16, 2020, 10:16:26 PM »
Bens burgers motherfucker
listen to cosmic psychos

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3479 on: October 17, 2020, 01:02:35 AM »
Starburst flavored Fruit by the Foot. They aren’t great, and the orange one is absolutely terrible