Author Topic: $lave  (Read 13293 times)

I SUCK!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: $lave
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, thats why I knew Nice Skate Shoes would ultimately fail.
[close]
yea and everyone that wore them didn't skate. where did grosso go i totally foregot but i thought it was a pretty good team
[close]

grosso is on vox.
[close]

I heard he just got a shoe on Vans. (part of the legend series like TA)
[close]

i could have sworn he got on vox when gravette did.
[close]

I rememeber that, so maybe what I heard is bollocks.
[close]

he isnt on the team list so maybe you are right and it hasnt been announced.

Yeah, but no word on the Vans site either.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
yea and everyone that wore them didn't skate. where did grosso go i totally foregot but i thought it was a pretty good team
[close]

grosso is on vox.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

maybe he is working on a shoe and they want to release it at the same time they announce his addition to the team.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

grosso is on vox.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

maybe he is working on a shoe and they want to release it at the same time they announce his addition to the team.

maybe we're nerds.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »
basically.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2007, 10:23:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Grosso is a true sk8ter and not a money greedy jerk like jamie thomas.  hes like corey duffel, who would never leave sessions! never!
[close]

okay...we'll assume your being sarcastic, but what about Grosso, are you implying that he's not a "true sk8ter."

i just wanted to get that corey sessions joke in there, i mean come on, you can't say all that shit in an interview, then ride for SPLIT like two months later
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grosso is a true sk8ter and not a money greedy jerk like jamie thomas.  hes like corey duffel, who would never leave sessions! never!
[close]

okay...we'll assume your being sarcastic, but what about Grosso, are you implying that he's not a "true sk8ter."
[close]

i just wanted to get that corey sessions joke in there, i mean come on, you can't say all that shit in an interview, then ride for SPLIT like two months later

That's Corey's style. He likes to talk and he's all about absolutes.

bothersome

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »
I heard he was going to be announced on VOX and then Vans threw an insane amount of money at him to have a shoe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »
you mean...abtholutes....

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2007, 10:35:01 PM »
you mean...abtholutes....

hahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahah

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2007, 11:45:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

speaking of corey, i was looking through an old TSM and i saw a corey duffel fallen ad, does anyone elses have this?
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Too Buku

• Rep: -1
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Listen, I know what the company stands for and all that goes with it.  However, if you were wearing a shirt with the just the word Slave  on it, and if it pisses someone off, they aren't gonna stand around and think "hey, that might be a skateboard company, or some other cool company" frankly they won't give a shit.  I live in downtown Atlanta, and let me tell you wearing a shirt like that around here will get your shit kicked, no questions asked. 

I like the company, but ask any black person if they are down with the company and their most likely response is "hell no", b/c it is a touchy subject and there is no getting around it.  Words are powerful...fact
[close]

i think its pretty racist in itself to assume that the word "slave" refers to black people.  Throughout  history, just about every race of people were subjected to slavery.  As a matter of fact slavery does still exist in this day and age, a good portion of it occuring in Eastern Europe,  South America, and Asia, as well as Africa and even our own country. 

I think it's pretty stupid and white of you to not see why blacks in America would get upset about an American company called Slave run by white people.

cahl

« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

speaking of corey, i was looking through an old TSM and i saw a corey duffel fallen ad, does anyone elses have this?

i saw it, its the one trick in his CA part where he ollies over some rail from flat into a bank.

he got kicked off before they could run it in other magazines or something

i heard he got kicked bc he didn't get along with the other team mates or some shit??

ISUCK can clarify this

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2007, 11:47:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i saw it, its the one trick in his CA part where he ollies over some rail from flat into a bank.

i heard he got kicked bc he didn't get along with the other team mates or some shit??

ISUCK can clarify this

Yeah, something like that.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Listen, I know what the company stands for and all that goes with it.  However, if you were wearing a shirt with the just the word Slave  on it, and if it pisses someone off, they aren't gonna stand around and think "hey, that might be a skateboard company, or some other cool company" frankly they won't give a shit.  I live in downtown Atlanta, and let me tell you wearing a shirt like that around here will get your shit kicked, no questions asked. 

I like the company, but ask any black person if they are down with the company and their most likely response is "hell no", b/c it is a touchy subject and there is no getting around it.  Words are powerful...fact
[close]

i think its pretty racist in itself to assume that the word "slave" refers to black people.  Throughout  history, just about every race of people were subjected to slavery.  As a matter of fact slavery does still exist in this day and age, a good portion of it occuring in Eastern Europe,  South America, and Asia, as well as Africa and even our own country. 
[close]

I think it's pretty stupid and white of you to not see why blacks in America would get upset about an American company called Slave run by white people.

Okay, explain it to us.

Why should black people in American be upset about something that uses the word Slave.

Try and use your brain and explain that to me.

I'd love to see it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2007, 04:25:07 AM »
So does this mean that Trent Reznor's old NIN stuff is rascist? All this time I thought he was into bondage not cheap labor

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »
So does this mean that Trent Reznor's old NIN stuff is rascist? All this time I thought he was into bondage not cheap labor

yes!

if you use the word slave you are racist you idiot!

it's not complicated.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2007, 06:47:42 AM »
if you followed the guys stuff he had some beef with his first record label where he was trapped in a deal and he frequently wrote about it in his songs. the idea of him being a slave.

i posted Happiness in Slavery below. Maybe you can find some racists shit in there but to me it seems like it's S&M with a bit about his record deal stuff mixed in. it seems to me like a legitimate, non-racists use of the word slave for artistic purposes. not saying the videos good, just that it's not racists.

dong alert
video contains male full frontal nudity

[youtube=425,350]5akw3rUSMV8[/youtube]

Too Buku

• Rep: -1
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »
Why should black people in American be upset about something that uses the word Slave.

If you even have to ask this, then nothing I could say would ever break through the wall of ignorance built up inside your head.

But yea, another white dude from a white society wants to know why a minority would be offended by something that does not offend other white people.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

ISUCK can clarify this
[close]

Yeah, something like that.

i thought it had something to do with not wanting to be on fallen clothing and shoes?

Shake Like A Lettuce Leaf

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2007, 12:22:36 PM »
if you followed the guys stuff he had some beef with his first record label where he was trapped in a deal and he frequently wrote about it in his songs. the idea of him being a slave.

i posted Happiness in Slavery below. Maybe you can find some racists shit in there but to me it seems like it's S&M with a bit about his record deal stuff mixed in. it seems to me like a legitimate, non-racists use of the word slave for artistic purposes. not saying the videos good, just that it's not racists.

dong alert
video contains male full frontal nudity

[youtube=425,350]5akw3rUSMV8[/youtube]

Trent made a video for every song off of Broken, and they are brutal.
"Pinion" is probably my favourite.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2007, 12:31:17 PM »
have to youtube that, i didn't realize he made a video for all of them.

Shake Like A Lettuce Leaf

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
have to youtube that, i didn't realize he made a video for all of them.
The video you'll find for "Wish" on YouTube is an alternate, "clean" one he made for television.
He says the real one makes "Happiness In Slavery" look like a Disney movie.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2007, 01:13:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you even have to ask this, then nothing I could say would ever break through the wall of ignorance built up inside your head.

But yea, another white dude from a white society wants to know why a minority would be offended by something that does not offend other white people.

Racism should offend everyone?

One time I must confess, I was looking through a dictionary reading words and I ACCIDENTALLY read the word slave outloud.

you can imagine how bad i felt

i hope people can find it in their hearts to forgive me

p.s. i'm cherokee indian, so if you really want to be sensitive, get the fuck off my land bitch.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
i thought it had something to do with not wanting to be on fallen clothing and shoes?

yes, you see corey is what we call a core-skater, he only skates with his heart, and when my boi JT tried to force corey to convert to fallen apparell corey sez "NO I WIL NEVR LEAVE SESSIONS MY TRUE FRIENDS!!!!!" so the fallen deal was dead nearly as quickly as it started, and corey and Sessions lived happilly ever after

the end.

untill corey left sessions to ride for SPLIT 2 months later

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2007, 01:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes, you see corey is what we call a core-skater, he only skates with his heart, and when my boi JT tried to force corey to convert to fallen apparell corey sez "NO I WIL NEVR LEAVE SESSIONS MY TRUE FRIENDS!!!!!" so the fallen deal was dead nearly as quickly as it started, and corey and Sessions lived happilly ever after

the end.

untill corey left sessions to ride for SPLIT 2 months later

i'm no insider, but maybe things changed at sessions shortly after the Fallen deal.  is sessions even still making clothing?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »

lets see here, what exactly is offensive about it? because blacks were slaves?

so now you can't say the word slave?

jews were slaves too

lots of people were, and arguably continue to be slaves today.

I can understand how something like the N-BOMB can be found offensive* since it was derived and used specifically to describe black African slaves brought to this country in a derogatory manner and continued to be used for the specific purpose of putting down blacks for hundreds of years

But slave? Thats about as general term as you can get pal, it's been used for thousands of years, in many different senses, to describe many different groups of people and many different ideas, in this case somewhat chastising American culture it seems for being "slaves" to various things.

if you think thats offensive, you're fucking regular.

*although i'm actually in favor of using offensive words like the N-BOMB as much as possible, so as to take away whatever perceived power that actual racists get from people allowing themselves to be offended by the words in the first place, sort of a Steve Albini idea, but thats a whole 'nother subject...

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »
So then you were just playing devil's advocate before with all the wite boy shit?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »
So then you were just playing devil's advocate before with all the wite boy shit?

yeah, obviously i don't think it matters what color skin someone has, as far as what opinions they hold or anything else.

what a concept.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2007, 02:16:07 PM »
you seem like a bright guy and all but no need to be a condescending dick about everything

if you'd stop playing games and just talk straight, maybe people could follow what your saying better, unless your just trying to stir shit

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »
Well if you' followed this thread, you might understand, a few people more enlightened and cultured than I said i sounded like a "suburban white boy" instead of telling me how i was wrong, i thought that was hilarious-and you might say a bit ironic, so i went with it.

But if i've been hard to follow, which points should I clarify?