Author Topic: Your first skateboard  (Read 71950 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Your first skateboard
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2019, 09:18:21 PM »

This was my first board, 8.5 because I had done research beforehand and figured a larger board would be more stable to learn on in the beginning.

Apparently they still make this deck. Can't say that for a lot of boards/graphics in general.

Also had Tensor trucks with the plastic baseplate, plus Spitfire 55mms with the multiball graphic, Speed Demons bearings, and Shorty's Silverados for hardware. Jessup grip I think. I was a fan of Zero, Shorty's, and Dwindle brands in the beginning so I wanted a mix of all worlds.

They were 8.25 back then in the early to mid 2000's, I remember because my brother had two or three of them back then and they seemed HUGE. The red colored Zero bold was 7.625 or 7.75, blue bold was 8.0, and black bold was 8.25

Man, Tensors on that thing though? Did they even make Tensors over 7.75 back then?? I think my brother rocked Indy 139's because that's the biggest he could find.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »
Expand Quote

This was my first board, 8.5 because I had done research beforehand and figured a larger board would be more stable to learn on in the beginning.

Apparently they still make this deck. Can't say that for a lot of boards/graphics in general.

Also had Tensor trucks with the plastic baseplate, plus Spitfire 55mms with the multiball graphic, Speed Demons bearings, and Shorty's Silverados for hardware. Jessup grip I think. I was a fan of Zero, Shorty's, and Dwindle brands in the beginning so I wanted a mix of all worlds.
[close]

They were 8.25 back then in the early to mid 2000's, I remember because my brother had two or three of them back then and they seemed HUGE. The red colored Zero bold was 7.625 or 7.75, blue bold was 8.0, and black bold was 8.25

Man, Tensors on that thing though? Did they even make Tensors over 7.75 back then?? I think my brother rocked Indy 139's because that's the biggest he could find.

Pretty sure it was 8.5. I could be wrong, though. This was the summer of 2000. I don't remember the trucks being too small for the board. I mean, I got it from a good shop and they would've insisted I switch up the trucks if the setup was too kooky. Hm.

Technique

« Reply #302 on: January 27, 2019, 01:06:06 PM »
Almost 8,125
Tensor trucks
almost wheels lol

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »
Habitat terratone 2 series
Blue royal trucks
Habitat wheels
Reds .
This was 2001? So maybe the second or third season of habitats existence.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2019, 06:11:18 PM »
I bought a completely mashed World industries board for $5 off some kid back in grade 8, my friend stole a skateboard from a movie theater so he sold me the monster trucks and wheels for $10, he bought a gram and smoked it with me. aaah, memories...
what part of Canada are you from?

JB77

« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2019, 01:37:33 PM »
My first skateboard was a blue Zorlac Gargoyle with hot pink grip tape, Tracker trucks and orange Slime Balls. That thing was shit hot.  Got it for Christmas in 1987. 

Ned Providence

• Rep: 13
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
A very beat up Concrete Jungle (not sure of graphic) with green slime balls & Indy blue anodized stage V (i think) I got it in 1988. My dad bought all the plastic for it so it could last longer.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2019, 06:14:36 PM »
Like a few others on here this was probably my very first board, 

but, the first legit board I ever had was

(even though I think the color way way a little different)
Grind King Trucks
Alien Workshop Wheels

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »
My first skateboard was a Bam Heartogram skate deck, it had sick Kreeper trucks, and Jeff Tatum pro wheels. I got it from a girl I was vaping with at the Gathering. Turns out we were both at Bam’s Bowl party too. It’s covered in Faygo now but it’s still frickin sweet.

ZeGerms

• Rep: 12
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2019, 02:04:49 AM »
Saved my money all summer. Ended up with

Powell Mini Logo 7.8
Venture 5.0 low
Point Blank 52mm Wheels
Shortys silverados
some Black Panther Bearings

Was the happiest kid in autumn 2000.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2019, 04:31:42 AM »
Valterra, with like a dragon on it.  8)

Then I got serious and got a used rob roskopp with a crazy grip tape design and razor tail.

On my local fb marketplace rn is a Valterra ‘rad-isaurus’ deck for 30 lol. The dinosaurs got a Hawaiian tee on and is ripping through the jungle?

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #311 on: January 30, 2019, 10:19:51 AM »
Older dude up the street passed down to me a World deck that was pretty beat down, so no graphic. Indys that were about ground through to the axle, and some kind of 40mm wheels.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #312 on: January 30, 2019, 10:26:17 AM »
8.0 Blue Mini-Logo deck
40mm Spitfires
8.0 Ventures
White grip
Reds
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

FrankensteinDLX

• Rep: 0
  • Deluxe production guy since 2008
« Reply #313 on: January 30, 2019, 10:37:26 AM »
santa cruz- chet thomas - PIT graphic 7.75 slick
indy trucks
spitfire- cardiel live wire 48mm wheels
1994 was a strange year....

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
SMA Tim Brauch everslick (almost exactly like the one in the pic). Used complete for $50.

Then I bought an ATM Gonz once I decided that was too big (but not after I trimmed the rails of the SMA a bit).

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2019, 10:21:43 AM »
I think it was a slick. The wheels matched. I don’t remember trucks. Pretty sure hardware and bearings were luckies.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »
i was hijacking my brothers willy santos birdhouse deck while he wasnt around... had ventures and spitfire wheels.... he caught on and hooked me up with a christmas complete from NJ skateshop. It was a zero board with spitfires, ventures and NJ skateshop state outline grip. Literal life changing gift.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Nollie FS 180

« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
I had a Nash 1994 board with these really shitty misshaped trucks and really crappy wheels. I remember rolling down the street and the wheel completely crumbling and falling apart.
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »
also all around just love this thread. hooking kids up with their first completes at the shop im leaving will be the only thing i miss about working in a retail environment.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »
Walmart piece of shit.

First real skateboard was a Birdhouse Tony Hawk Falcon 3, which is honestly still my favorite graphic of all time to this day.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #320 on: August 14, 2019, 10:56:10 AM »
I was 5 years old when my mom bought me some cheap supermarket complete. Trucks and wheels was plastic and bottom of deck was picture of tiger, sick graphics tho!
Thanks momsey<3

dakara

• Rep: 4
« Reply #321 on: August 14, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »
World industries water boy complete. Rode that till the nose and tail were like 3 inches long. I cannot for the life of me remember my boards or gear of any kind in between then and high school. I remember I had a popwar with tensors and cored Rictas at the start of high school.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2019, 11:29:48 AM »

My first 'real' board.  At least I thought it was.  My brother and I sold our iguana at a garage sale to buy 2 of these.

First real real board was a zoo york w/ tensors and probably spitfires.  Came assembled from CCS and I coudn't figure out why it felt like it was forcing me to turn in a circle all the time.  Took a few weeks before a neighbor kid told me the trucks were on backwards.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:32:17 AM by whaaaaat »

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »
Ray Barbee ragdoll board for my birthday at age 11. Trucks and wheels pieced together second hand. Beat up indys and I don't remember what the wheels were. clear grip tape and rib bones.
No.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2019, 11:41:19 AM »

My first 'real' board.  At least I thought it was.  My brother and I sold our iguana at a garage sale to buy 2 of these.

First real real board was a zoo york w/ tensors and probably spitfires.  Came assembled from CCS and I coudn't figure out why it felt like it was forcing me to turn in a circle all the time.  Took a few weeks before a neighbor kid told me the trucks were on backwards.

Lol. You sold your iguana at a garage sale?

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »
a foundation, don't remember the model, i remember a pretty offensive illustration of a mexican with a beer...
grind kings
titus wheels

PMA

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »
i had some generic board from copeland’s. all i remember about it is that it had some green color scheme and i slapped a phat spitfire big head sticker right in the center.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2019, 01:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol. You sold your iguana at a garage sale?

Haha yeah.  $50 for Spike + his glass tank & heating light.     

Seelew

« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »
Blind scouts of America. Not the one with the kid getting a  badge for tying the chick up, just the blind scout's logo. Gullwing trucks, lucky bearings, and blind wheels. It was a pre put together complete and looking back it was a shitty setup but it stoked the fire

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »
I remember looking through CCS Mail-order catalogs as a grom and wanting either an Alien Workshop board (think Don Pendleton art) or a World Industries everything with their cartoon dynamic duo.  Awhile later I got an had me down AWS deck from my cousin.

It was the Rob Dyrdek version of this, pre Rob & Big and Ridiculousness.  I remember it being an 8.0 in an age when those were rare with gross black wheels.  I eventually spent money on some random replacement parts since I was a young fool.  I eventually gave it to a friend that wanted to get into skating but never really did.