Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709485 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6120 on: April 17, 2020, 10:02:46 PM »
I’ve never had a shaved head in my entire life

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #6121 on: April 18, 2020, 01:44:40 PM »
Got my stimulus disbursement the other day, just in time for to pay for my bar exam prep course that costs $1,175. So kinda stoked I basically got my bar prep for free, but also wanted to buy some unneeded skate shit.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6122 on: April 18, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »
I’ve never had a shaved head in my entire life

tell us 6 more times caswell

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Slappityslap

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6123 on: April 18, 2020, 07:16:42 PM »
Likely the restaurant I work at will close down, sucks because everyone is awesome. Will miss it

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6124 on: April 18, 2020, 07:40:32 PM »
Stoked that my unemployment is an absurd amount. Not stoked that I’m making hundreds more a week than every “essential worker” I know just sitting on my ass. Shit is fucked up. Businesses are basically holding their employees hostage.

Impulse ordered a chasebliss mood pedal for my guitar since I’ve now got all this free time. Didn’t even consider that they’re closed and not shipping currently, so I may not see it for another month or two.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #6125 on: April 18, 2020, 09:53:02 PM »
I have to livestream my moms church service tomorrow. She’s in her 70’s and her church isn’t doing great financially, especially with social distancing.

I’m stoked I can actually help her with this and hopefully get some money in her pocket. I’m a little shaky on teaching a bunch of geriatrics how to use Zoom though.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #6126 on: April 19, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
Turned 24 today

tony mugu

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6127 on: April 20, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »
quarantine has allowed me to work on my skating and finally get kickflips decent amongst other tricks and really given me chance to appreciate skateboarding but at the same time...

i miss the normal everyday, just small things such as skating with friends, not everyday being the same. it seems that i'm forgetting everything so quick what happens in the day, i thought easter saturday was tuesday. everyone seems so suspicious nowadays. i've been skating almost everyday by myself and i've had the police called on me, threatened to get into fights etc.

as soon as i finish skating i look forward to the next session already and the best way to describe it would be same way de niro's taxi driver feels, a blur.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6128 on: April 21, 2020, 07:19:22 AM »
The quarantine has increased the traffic to my skate mag archive quite a bit, however, it took its annual dip on 4/20. Looks like I am catering to a bunch weed heads. Don't know how to feel about that, but I shouldn't be surprised, really.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6129 on: April 21, 2020, 11:42:29 PM »
I'm wishing I was in Hawaii so I could help my parents out.

They're eligible for the virus money, but they haven't been filing taxes since they're both retired. The only way for them to submit info is via computer since my mom's phone is really old, but my mom isn't very computer savvy.

They usually wait for me to visit when the kids get out of school for the summer and I fix everything computer/electronics related for them (i.e. - hooking up a roku in their bedroom so they don't have to share a tv).

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #6130 on: April 22, 2020, 05:01:27 AM »
Turned 24 today
Feels like I turned 21 just last week. Turning 24 this year.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6131 on: April 22, 2020, 08:44:10 AM »
My bank refunded some overdrafts that were my fault so that was cool.

Still haven't gotten my stimulus check deposited and still can't find my info on the site, so I am pretty fucking pissed and worried that I wont get shit even though I should.

Also stoked my sister got me a circular saw for my upcoming birthday, gonna build a nice box like I did back in the day with my dad and also some garden beds to try growing some stuff which I've wanted to do for like a year now but didn't have the space.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:45:59 AM by 50mm »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6132 on: April 22, 2020, 08:41:52 PM »
I'm wishing I was in Hawaii so I could help my parents out.

They're eligible for the virus money, but they haven't been filing taxes since they're both retired. The only way for them to submit info is via computer since my mom's phone is really old, but my mom isn't very computer savvy.

They usually wait for me to visit when the kids get out of school for the summer and I fix everything computer/electronics related for them (i.e. - hooking up a roku in their bedroom so they don't have to share a tv).

I moved home three years ago to go back to school but I'm moving cross country some time in May. Before I moved back I only lived 45 minutes from my fam so this move is much larger. All of this corona shit has really put into perspective just how far away I will be from my family. Im stoked for the opportunity to be doing this but didn't fully anticipate how sad I would feel.

Yu Dum

« Reply #6133 on: April 23, 2020, 11:49:08 AM »
Gaining weight. Finally no longer a malnourished beanpole, but I'm getting a muffin top.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6134 on: April 24, 2020, 06:48:11 AM »
Last night I saw trump telling his supporters to huff Lysol

This morning I was told that people are shooting bleach? Wtf!

I did that once by accident and I was horrendous.

I don't like you maga man but I don't want you to suffer
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6135 on: April 24, 2020, 04:48:38 PM »
Out of a job come this thursday.... looking forward to some time off and having a breather but also gonna feel weird not waking up at 5:30 going to work every day....the uncertainty of the future is scary

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #6136 on: April 26, 2020, 05:29:28 AM »
Gained like 30 lbs in the last two weeks just eating out of boredom so my butt and thighs are bigger which i think looks better but now a lot of my pants don't fit. Can't decide whether I should lose the 30 lbs or just buy bigger clothes.

It's rough for me cuz I'm tall and like things to fit a certain way so buying new clothes usually means a lot of sending things back which I hate doing because it's bad for the environment.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6137 on: April 26, 2020, 10:21:50 PM »
I could relate to those here with weight issues during the lockdown. My issue is I had recently lost a ton of weight, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much honestly because I should have never let myself get so big in the first place, but I used to be in a bad place mentally and let myself go for almost an entire decade due to not caring about myself anymore. I dropped 100lb within the last year finally, however now I keep bouncing back and fourth between 210lb and 215lb ever since the lockdown. I'm glad I've made so much progress but I can't afford to start fucking it up now because I still would like to lose at least another 40lb.

I just got at a comfortable enough weight to start skating again, and I was hoping I'd be able to keep skating and it would contribute to more weight loss, but now with the lockdown I haven't even had the chance to do so for the past two months. I'm still working out at home but I've finally hit a plateau that hasn't been broken yet.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6138 on: May 12, 2020, 11:47:41 AM »
 I bought a $400 video card and installed it on Saturday. Only used it for like 45 minutes because my girlfriend was over. I drop her off Sunday and figure I'll play a couple matches of Modern Warfare before bed. It's like 11pm Sunday night. As soon as I sit down I reach for something and knock over a glass of milk (I was eating brownies earlier) and it poors directly on top of my PC case that offers just about no protection from liquids because the top of the case has several hundred ventilation holes.

I turn it off immediately but I wasn't sure if I did or the liquid had just fried it. The milk pretty much missed all my old parts but a puddle I could see was sitting on the graphics card I had had for less than 36 hours.

Since I am working from home and need a working computer the next morning or I would have to drive into town to my shitty office I got to work. Took the shit all apart, cleaned everything looked everywhere I could for moisture and finished cleaning everything at about 2:30am. Put everything back together, take it to my room, hook it up, magically it works. By this time its like 3:30am, I have to be up in like 2 hours and just decided not to sleep. Stayed up all night, yesterday was a fucking blur.

Imagine being really tired late at night, laying your head on the pillow but then immediately having to get back up and do hours of very tedious cleaning.

It fucking sucked, but everything works, and amazon is sending a replacement thank god. Dumbest shit ever, need to find a better place for my PC.

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #6139 on: May 12, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »
I'm super paranoid with drinks near electronic equipment, never spilt on anything important yet though! My desk has cup-holders which i use occasionally.

PC gaming is good training for not spilling drinks cuz sometimes you need to chug half a beer during a heated match of League

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #6140 on: May 12, 2020, 12:09:16 PM »
I bought a $400 video card and installed it on Saturday. Only used it for like 45 minutes because my girlfriend was over. I drop her off Sunday and figure I'll play a couple matches of Modern Warfare before bed. It's like 11pm Sunday night. As soon as I sit down I reach for something and knock over a glass of milk (I was eating brownies earlier) and it poors directly on top of my PC case that offers just about no protection from liquids because the top of the case has several hundred ventilation holes.

I turn it off immediately but I wasn't sure if I did or the liquid had just fried it. The milk pretty much missed all my old parts but a puddle I could see was sitting on the graphics card I had had for less than 36 hours.

Since I am working from home and need a working computer the next morning or I would have to drive into town to my shitty office I got to work. Took the shit all apart, cleaned everything looked everywhere I could for moisture and finished cleaning everything at about 2:30am. Put everything back together, take it to my room, hook it up, magically it works. By this time its like 3:30am, I have to be up in like 2 hours and just decided not to sleep. Stayed up all night, yesterday was a fucking blur.

Imagine being really tired late at night, laying your head on the pillow but then immediately having to get back up and do hours of very tedious cleaning.

It fucking sucked, but everything works, and amazon is sending a replacement thank god. Dumbest shit ever, need to find a better place for my PC.

If there’s one good thing that came from this it’s that you know how to quickly disassemble/ reassemble your machine quickly.

I’ve been live streaming my mom’s Sunday services for the past month due to her congregants not being able to, well, congregate. I (and now frustrated connecting external video card and crossing my fingers during events) use a Mac mini and a bunch of other external devices.

Sunday morning around 10am, my router starts flipping out. Hardwire and WiFi keep dropping every 10 minutes. I had to tear down my entire setup (massive monitor+(2) video capture cards+ (2) audio capture cards+ all network switches/cables+ 4 MacBook pros), load it into my car and set it back up in my sister’s spare bedroom in under 30 minutes. Thankfully it all worked out but that sucked.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6141 on: May 12, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »
I'm super paranoid with drinks near electronic equipment, never spilt on anything important yet though! My desk has cup-holders which i use occasionally.

PC gaming is good training for not spilling drinks cuz sometimes you need to chug half a beer during a heated match of League
Dude a day before I got a new desk and planned on moving my PC for this exact reason. Will be doing tomorrow when I swap the GPU's.

Expand Quote

[close]

If there’s one good thing that came from this it’s that you know how to quickly disassemble/ reassemble your machine quickly.
Well I've known how to do that, but what sucks I passed on doing this the other day because I'm doing a new build anyways. I was going to order thermal paste to do a full cleaning but didn't and just blew out all the dust instead, then this happened.

Saint Coke

« Reply #6142 on: May 13, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »
The girl I'm seeing atm...

I really like her. She's cool and fun to hang out with but I feel like I have to be the leader in the relationship. Like she won't ever ask me to hang out but I have to. Everything has to be my idea.
It's been dry between us and it's been stressing me out because I feel like I'm responsible for everything when I shouldn't be. Things should be equal in a relationship but it doesn't feel that way.
She got mad that I went fishing without her but didn't make any effort to show up.
Why must I be a fool in love?

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #6143 on: May 13, 2020, 02:55:27 PM »

I really like her. She's cool and fun to hang out with but I feel like I have to be the leader in the relationship. Like she won't ever ask me to hang out but I have to. Everything has to be my idea.
It's been dry between us and it's been stressing me out because I feel like I'm responsible for everything when I shouldn't be. Things should be equal in a relationship but it doesn't feel that way.
She got mad that I went fishing without her but didn't make any effort to show up.

just break up with her

Saint Coke

« Reply #6144 on: May 13, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

just break up with her
Maybe. Maybe i'll just stop putting effort in and let her do her own thing.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6145 on: May 13, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »
I landed a 360 flip today for the first time in like 10 years, it was ugly as hell but still...  :)

Saint Coke

« Reply #6146 on: May 16, 2020, 07:28:35 AM »
Decided to call things off with her. I just din't know if I want to be alone again.
Should I say something or just let her go and disappear?

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #6147 on: May 16, 2020, 07:45:19 AM »
let your heart decide~
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6148 on: May 16, 2020, 05:43:09 PM »
I am single for the summer. Queue the snoopy dance gif.
Yet, I live in a smaller locality and also covid. Shit!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Saint Coke

« Reply #6149 on: May 16, 2020, 05:48:08 PM »
I am single for the summer. Queue the snoopy dance gif.
Yet, I live in a smaller locality and also covid. Shit!
Should be gone before then.