Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 714684 times)

Seventyfrigginseven

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6210 on: June 25, 2020, 05:32:00 AM »
was just informed by my employer that im a full time customer again. temporary lay off gone permanent.

i have been finding myself a lot lately and the edd kicked, im just going to have to resort to selling anything i can flip to get money in. i really doubt i will be able to find another job in the small area i live in because i have a shitty resume'

i really dug my job too, like i never hated going in to work. it was only ever two people, 4 tops. i sorted shit for the goodwill. i even got to skate in there when i would close the building up. i really need something similar because i can't function in a large environment.
If your resume is shitty because of mistakes you have made in the past, just be honest with any potential employer. If they see your honesty and still don't hire you, it probably is a good sign that they would of sucked to work for anyways. If it's shitty because you haven't worked enough to establish a good one, be honest and eager. Same theory applies, in my opinion. Good luck man, people with strong work ethic will always survive.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6211 on: June 29, 2020, 09:03:41 PM »
I quit my FedEx package handler job today.

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #6212 on: June 29, 2020, 09:48:20 PM »
But on the plus side, you just achieved Pal status!

Why did you quit?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6213 on: June 29, 2020, 10:56:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why did you quit?

Well you know, just gotta make small sacrifices sometimes to achieve pal status...

In all seriousness, it was just too physically brutal. I was the last of three new hires to quit this month, which meant I basically gained all of their tasks on top of my already existing ones with zero help.

I just felt taken advantage of by terrible uncaring management. I honestly tried my best to hang in there, tried thinking positive despite being so fucking anxious and depressed, even started doing yoga daily to help avoid injuries and remedy soreness, but despite that I'd still come back home just beat up and defeated, especially my hands which recently started experiencing a pain I've never felt before. It hurts to even close my fingers at the moment.

I just couldn't handle it anymore, why struggle and harm myself putting all of my effort into work when I literally see other employees browsing their phones or chatting and then later those same employees plus my manager start giving me shit on how I couldn't keep up with numerous tasks on my own despite me actually doing a decent job solo.

I already applied to somewhere else, so fingers crossed I get a call back soon.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:59:13 PM by Concerned_Skater »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #6214 on: June 30, 2020, 12:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why did you quit?
[close]

Well you know, just gotta make small sacrifices sometimes to achieve pal status...

In all seriousness, it was just too physically brutal. I was the last of three new hires to quit this month, which meant I basically gained all of their tasks on top of my already existing ones with zero help.

I just felt taken advantage of by terrible uncaring management. I honestly tried my best to hang in there, tried thinking positive despite being so fucking anxious and depressed, even started doing yoga daily to help avoid injuries and remedy soreness, but despite that I'd still come back home just beat up and defeated, especially my hands which recently started experiencing a pain I've never felt before. It hurts to even close my fingers at the moment.

I just couldn't handle it anymore, why struggle and harm myself putting all of my effort into work when I literally see other employees browsing their phones or chatting and then later those same employees plus my manager start giving me shit on how I couldn't keep up with numerous tasks on my own despite me actually doing a decent job solo.

you did the right thing. fuck them.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -61
« Reply #6215 on: June 30, 2020, 02:56:26 AM »
THANK YOU.
To everyone who pm'd me, and to everyone who posted up supporting words, after I shared some dark, suicidal shit I was going through.
I really don't know what I wou, well, I know what I would have done.
You guys saved my fucking life and I can't thank you enough.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #6216 on: June 30, 2020, 07:55:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why did you quit?
[close]

God damn that sucks, but good for you for getting out. I had a friend who worked for UPS for a few months who had similar experiences. His body got shredded every day and as soon as he was able to manage to barely keep up with their high demands, they gave more work and then faulted him for not trying hard enough.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #6217 on: June 30, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Expand Quote
was just informed by my employer that im a full time customer again. temporary lay off gone permanent.

i have been finding myself a lot lately and the edd kicked, im just going to have to resort to selling anything i can flip to get money in. i really doubt i will be able to find another job in the small area i live in because i have a shitty resume'

i really dug my job too, like i never hated going in to work. it was only ever two people, 4 tops. i sorted shit for the goodwill. i even got to skate in there when i would close the building up. i really need something similar because i can't function in a large environment.
[close]
If your resume is shitty because of mistakes you have made in the past, just be honest with any potential employer. If they see your honesty and still don't hire you, it probably is a good sign that they would of sucked to work for anyways. If it's shitty because you haven't worked enough to establish a good one, be honest and eager. Same theory applies, in my opinion. Good luck man, people with strong work ethic will always survive.

i appreciate that man, i did get mainly hired for my last job due to my attitude and i guess its good to have something current and in good standing on the resume. it's just that i live in a very small town and there aren't a lot of jobs. i am also dealing with issues and trying to find a therapist who takes my medical so it makes everything more hard to get through.

i just don't know where i can go work now. too bad cocks aren't as nice to look at as vaginas or else i'd just start a onlyfans

even the steven

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6218 on: June 30, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
Doctor thinks I have sciatica.

sciatica sucks homes. Look into trigger point massage or learn about trigger points yourself. There's a trigger point at the Piriformus, which is located in the meat of your butt, that really helps release sciatic tension.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #6219 on: July 01, 2020, 06:29:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Doctor thinks I have sciatica.
[close]

sciatica sucks homes. Look into trigger point massage or learn about trigger points yourself. There's a trigger point at the Piriformus, which is located in the meat of your butt, that really helps release sciatic tension.
I feel it in my ass and in my foot and toes. I’ll look into the trigger point massages!

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #6220 on: July 01, 2020, 09:21:27 AM »
Buying a car

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #6221 on: July 01, 2020, 11:49:01 AM »
Starting to fit some skating into the work week which feels nice but it's cutting into my sleep schedule. I feel like skating tired often leads to injuries for me but it seems to be the only way I can fit in more than 1-2 sessions a week at the moment while working 40+ hours.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6222 on: July 02, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »
Got this 60% off but it took forever to put together this afternoon/evening.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:04:30 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6223 on: July 03, 2020, 11:40:55 AM »
Nice! Job well done. Are bugs feasting on you out there?

Not stoked: Inverter coolant pump went out in my car and dealership wants $500 to replace,  but also charging $100 just so they can say that's the problem when I already checked the code on my reader and AC is cutting off because system is overheating.

Stoked: I can buy genuine OEM part for $150 and do it myself with the help of YouTube. Looks easy and only cost a quarter of what dealership is asking.

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #6224 on: July 03, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »
Ordered a bunch of weed edibles and some nicotine gum to try to quit my smoking habit, not fully stoked cuz I'll probably fail 

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #6225 on: July 03, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »
Ordered a bunch of weed edibles and some nicotine gum to try to quit my smoking habit, not fully stoked cuz I'll probably fail

Nicorette spray helped me quit. It tastes bad, but it works on cravings pretty quickly. And then eventually you kind of like the taste. Weird stuff, but I liked it.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Garnet

« Reply #6226 on: July 03, 2020, 01:31:18 PM »
never heard of the spray I'll give it a try if this pack of gum doesn't work.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #6227 on: July 03, 2020, 02:21:44 PM »
never heard of the spray I'll give it a try if this pack of gum doesn't work.
When I wanted to quit drinking for a bit I ate shrooms then the next day felt like I had the worst hangover. Didn’t drink for 3 months.

Garnet

« Reply #6228 on: July 03, 2020, 02:51:35 PM »
interesting strategy, I've had an easy time keeping my drinking in check over the years mostly cuz I don't binge

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6229 on: July 04, 2020, 04:18:56 PM »

Thanks (I think this was to my post   ;D)

I'm surprised no mosquitoes yet and no real issues. So, far it is a great place to just sit and enjoy the summer. However, I worry the ants might take over by the end of summer

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6230 on: July 05, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks (I think this was to my post   ;D)

I'm surprised no mosquitoes yet and no real issues. So, far it is a great place to just sit and enjoy the summer. However, I worry the ants might take over by the end of summer
It was, and ants sucks.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #6231 on: July 05, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »
I have never tried but I remember my late grandparents used to sprinkle cinnamon around the house to keep ants away

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #6232 on: July 05, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nicorette spray helped me quit. It tastes bad, but it works on cravings pretty quickly. And then eventually you kind of like the taste. Weird stuff, but I liked it.

I'm closing in on 24 hours with no tobacco and only half way through my 30 pack of gum. Might actually be able to kick these fuckin death sticks

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6233 on: July 05, 2020, 05:39:57 PM »
DIY boric acid ant bait recipes work well for me for both sugar and grease ant types. It also kills roaches that decide to make a meal of it too and boric acid isn't terribly toxic to you, but I'd keep it away from areas pets can reach.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #6234 on: July 05, 2020, 05:53:27 PM »
learning to nollieflip and switchflip on a fingerboard
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #6235 on: July 05, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »

Not stoked: Inverter coolant pump went out in my car and dealership wants $500 to replace,  but also charging $100 just so they can say that's the problem when I already checked the code on my reader and AC is cutting off because system is overheating.

Stoked: I can buy genuine OEM part for $150 and do it myself with the help of YouTube. Looks easy and only cost a quarter of what dealership is asking.

hell ya, dude. I've been all over the youtube videos for working on my subaru this year. if you don't know it already, rockauto.com usually has legit OEM and after market parts at the lowest prices
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6236 on: July 05, 2020, 11:33:19 PM »
Thanks for the ant advice.

I bought some Raid traps and they are beyond worthless. I tried to push some of the ants into the trap and they still wouldn't take the bait.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #6237 on: July 06, 2020, 12:24:38 AM »
You need to wage war between society, i assume they are leaf cutters?, they are basically the only other species that are pinnacles of ant evolution in the sense that they have very large colonies, are highly socially sophisticated and have lots of divisions. So you need army ants, they will attack the mature colony, soldiers of both species will face and engage in an absolutely cataclysmic battle that will go on for days before the army ants should finally break through the defense. The leaf cutters have many soldiers, they produce very large ones at that, a soldier weighs hundreds of times what a worker weights. The soldiers really can’t do much work for the colony though, and this is what we exploit. They are massive, they are very expensive, and they are only for one purpose. The army ants have each other. Great numbers of the huge leaf-cutter soldiers – thousands of them – will be recruited to the front lines to try to defend against your army ants. I can guarantee you that eventually they are not going to be successful. The army ants always end up breaking through. if you cripple the army ants 30 to 1, and monitor them daily, picking them off with a nerf gun from the rear of the formation, for every 10 inches of space gain, find the mean of the rate of the invasion and use the area under that curve to figure out how many army ants you will need to start off with, so that when they finally win, they will be significantly weak enough that a couple of healthy bark scorpions should be able to finish them off. Let me know if you need a scorpion guy.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6238 on: July 09, 2020, 09:41:23 AM »

Idk Pals what do you think of my outline? I dk
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:34:43 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #6239 on: July 25, 2020, 09:08:44 PM »
Going to Guadalajara for a couple days cuz my grandma is sick but ill be able to skate and film.

My brother went missing for a couple days and that had me really worried but thankfully he was found...in jail.