Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 711155 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6240 on: July 25, 2020, 09:33:27 PM »

Idk Pals what do you think of my outline? I dk

GNAR! digging your art lately

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6241 on: July 25, 2020, 09:46:37 PM »
Going to Guadalajara for a couple days cuz my grandma is sick but ill be able to skate and film.

My brother went missing for a couple days and that had me really worried but thankfully he was found...in jail.

Also fuck I missed this. Hope everything works out best it can. It’s always something. At least he was found. Hope your granny is ok too!

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6242 on: July 26, 2020, 09:27:29 PM »
County wide burn ban so I can't sit by my fire pit tonight but, grills are still ok so im cooking up some corn and vegan brats.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #6243 on: July 27, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »
Had a wild experience in the airport this morning.

Security goes through my bag and tells me I can't bring my trucks on my carry on. He tells me I can go back to the ticket counter and see if I can check my bag. Now mind you that my flight was just gonna board in like 20 minutes. I go to the counter and they tell me I can check my bag, it's already closed. So I go run to my car in the parking lot with my carry on bag, drop off my trucks in the trunk and run back. I have to go through security again. My mom keeps calling me telling me that I need to board. So I keep running and reach my gate and it was closed. I was bummed. Luckily my mom calls me tells me get to gate 11. I run to that and by the grace of God they were still checking in flights. Give them my ticket and pass out on the bridge to the plane.

PeterSkate

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6244 on: July 27, 2020, 12:29:53 PM »
When the whole Virus thing is over people can get back to "normal". Which is cool but on the other side I like how everybody is chilling right now.

So I´m stocked about people getting back together, but not stocked on a stressful life.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6245 on: July 28, 2020, 12:21:08 AM »
resigned from my job and put in my three weeks notice....happy for a change but ill also miss alot of the people at my work, we have a good crew going and its not a bad job at all but diving into the unknown will be good for me

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #6246 on: July 28, 2020, 04:20:34 AM »
Got my own place for the first time and i'll get the key tomorrow but it's in a pretty sketchy neigbourhood. Curious to see how it'll all play out

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #6247 on: July 28, 2020, 06:42:03 AM »
i just dont think i;; be able to work shit out with my dad. i after much introspection and self inventory have come to conclusion that i h need lifelong therapy most likely and my father is old school minded, he thinks you can power through it. i guess it's hard to accept that i got really good at keeping quiet

i am very stoked on that i will not have to worry about money for awhile but i really would like something to bring some money in weekly. i am working on all my hobbies a lot so who knows. i found a pair of all black halfcab pros with the white soles for half price brand new online and also found a set of bones v3 wheels 50mm new.

ive got a lot of skate gear horded up since the pandemic has me sketchy and im getting much better. it kind of sucks. thats also something im not stoked on is getting better at skating because i see down the line i will not be able to afford to burn through shit like i am currently. i've never shit through a board in a month until this point in my life, it's bitter sweet.

i really feel i have to apologize for the way i post, my disorders are in high gear plus im just zoned out all the time and i get overly excited about stuff i like as a child would..it kind of sucks being peter pan yall but when you have nothing worthwhile to live for, why not?
even the steven

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6248 on: August 06, 2020, 07:41:32 AM »
Not stoked to have just puked a bunch and had diarrhea.

Super stoked that I feel much better though!

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #6249 on: August 06, 2020, 08:05:00 AM »
Not stoked to have just puked a bunch and had diarrhea.

Super stoked that I feel much better though!

honestly one of the best feelings in the world when its all gone and you have that moment before you realize how dehydrated you are
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6250 on: August 07, 2020, 09:50:56 AM »
I needed my bearings back so that's good and these trucks already claimed by my nephews who are learning hills so I'm stoked.

It breaks my heart when I give stuff to other kids in the family and then they ditch it like it's a pet rock.

I did a set up for my nephew M. He was really bummed on the deck.

I was like yo you can't skate really and these are 8" trucks you're grandma got.
I only have the rain board rn. There's a pandemic rn so we can't go to a shop...

It will teach you to ditch shit foot and do a kickflip from center board look it's got marks for kids to learn with.

Send clips we'll upgrade as you get better. I promise.

"I want a long board" (sigh) my thoughts are you can't roll down hill kid or listen at all.

I think longboards are like two $300. Kids tripping if he thinks I'm ever dropping cash on a long board. It against my religious beliefs I'm sorry.

Short board is the way even if you're just doing hills. I love hills. Kid wasn't going to be doing hills anytime soon because of the hills are illegal in that town.

So after much complaining

I did custom bushings for him because he wanted tensor tight trucks. I gave him my 80hds because he liked soft wheels with a brand new set of reds because he said the other stuff that kept skating after with No issues was too slow.

I was getting bummed on it but whatever man.
I was trying to help the kid. I was that kid.

Yo it's all stupid shit going on on that end of the tree. And the last time they came out in 91 they got me on drugs and there was a huge family blowout. When they came up here during the pandemic history just repeated itself.
I feel so bad for the kid his family is drifting BY CHOICE further into madnesses upon madnesses and I couldn't help at all.

So
He never used any of this shit. Nobody tried to make him go outside. They didn't make the kid brush his teeth or shower.

The one kid who's doing all right they say is "autistic and treat like him like s***.

Ranting

Maybe it's because I asked his grandmother my aunt why do all three of your kids push shit foot? Is it from scootering? That's usually the case.

She said their dad does too!!! and we died laughing.

I have friends who skate like that. I don't care anymore. If that's how you want to represent your art go for it more power to you. I think it's more dangerous

Im teaching our kids it's wrong. I'm teaching that switch push is important.

Well anyways the s***'s back and I don't think Ill be seeing these kids again. That's a sad.

I definitely don't want their adults around my other nieces and nephews after seeing the radius of the impact crater they left when they departed.

They cause nothing but mud every where they go and I'm running a fine tuned program of not repeating the past mistakes of others.

I really tried but they was definitely going to fuck up the program.

Long rant this should be in mental illness.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6251 on: August 09, 2020, 06:26:58 AM »
get well soon man

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1472
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6252 on: August 09, 2020, 06:30:06 AM »
I hope you're ok. What's the recovery like for that? Please let us know if we can do anything to help.

peptobismol

« Reply #6253 on: August 10, 2020, 12:14:09 AM »
covid shutdown, speaks for itself

vindogg

« Reply #6254 on: August 13, 2020, 11:37:48 PM »
ah, it's good for now. i had surgery on wednesday where they reattached the lung and chest membranes, that left me with a tube sticking out from my ribcage where the operational fluid and leftover air could drain from. then they took that out the next day, so a total of two nights in the hospital and now a firm 6 week recovery time with no strenuous activity (with a week's supply of oxycodone that i will gladly stay away from). eh.

the girl friend is really supportive, makes sure i don't do anything too intensive and makes me food and shit, she's the best.
also there's this new indie game on the playstation right now and i've reconnected with some old online friends over it which is cool. so there's enough to be stoked on.

thanks guys

Hey man sorry to hear that, I'm glad you're upbeat about your situation though. I went through one of those not long ago and I gotta say I dont believe nothing too intensive is the way to go. I know these things affect others differently but, I know I wouldn't have recovered quickly if I didnt move around.

I stayed in bed for two days then I went walking for 30 minutes for the first day, 45 minutes for the next day until I could walk up my local mountain which took an hour and a half. After those two weeks, I started cycling and built up to be able to ride continuously for an hour.

After three weeks I was back on the job (construction) and it took about a week to adjust properly. Lessons I learned were; Breathing exercises are your friend, I used to try and breathe as deeply into my diaphragm as possible for about an hour before going to sleep.  You won't breathe properly until about the end of week 4, but dont sweat it, cause you will breathe properly again at some point. The tiredness that comes with not having a 100% blood/O2 levels is completely normal However, I found the days I did nothing made me feel the most tired.

P.s I know you'll be at 100% soon and your girl sounds really caring so try and keep that at the front of your mind. And for heavens sake, If you smoke, take this as a chance to quit, else you'll never recover, plain and simple.

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #6255 on: August 15, 2020, 07:23:43 AM »
I finally got over my last girlfriend and fell in love with someone else. But being in love is shit.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

peptobismol

« Reply #6256 on: August 15, 2020, 02:10:55 PM »
I finally got over my last girlfriend and fell in love with someone else. But being in love is shit.
its also an illusion. be careful, it sounds like your just jumping from one relation-shit to another.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #6257 on: August 22, 2020, 03:52:30 PM »
These Peanuts/Smiths comics.

https://thischarmingcharlie.tumblr.com/

I love them, but fuck, Morrissey is depressing.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #6258 on: August 22, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »
Ive had a real fucked up month in escrow that has taken a toll on my wife and I. Last minute calls to vet funds, funding out our foreign account was essentially useless the day of closing, gathering gift funds from relatives etc.. The stress of this has taken a toll on us that I hope to not experience again in at least another decade.

On a positive note, this shit should be done with next week.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:07:07 AM by fakie nollie »

Shagohod

• Rep: 6
  • la li lu le lo
Let us all take a moment of silence for all our brothers and sisters who are dealing with truck madness. We have reached page 100 and shown the world that it’s not easy, but we’re strong as one.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 267
« Reply #6260 on: August 23, 2020, 05:43:09 PM »
Last night I had this extremely vivid dream about my good friend that died nearly two years ago. We were in this dingy flat I used to live in, and it sounds lame but rolling these huge joints, anyone remember those “tulip” ones? Those but like a couple feet long haha. Anyway, I was catching up and telling him about all the mad shit that’s happened over the past year, it just felt so real. When I woke up, I reached straight for my phone to text him and tell him about this mad dream I’d had with him, but I just remembered he was dead and was kinda bummed out. But then I felt kinda happy I’d had the chance to catch up with him, even if it was all completely in my head, really weird feeling.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6261 on: August 24, 2020, 07:44:32 AM »
I'm sorry you lost your friend, but it's rad y'all were so tight that he visited you in your dreams.

Today would have been my brother's 39th birthday. I can't believe it's been 5 years he's been gone.

Sadly, with this pandemic, he would have been in the very high risk category.

His funeral filled up a cathedral on a weekday in Honolulu because of all of his friends. It would have sucked to have him limited to 10 if he died this year. His best friend, PJ, didn't even have a best man when he got married a year ago because no one else could take my brother's spot. He was that awesome.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 267
« Reply #6262 on: August 24, 2020, 10:41:10 AM »
So sorry to hear about your brother, that's so rad his best mate kept the best man spot vacant though, he must've been a really great dude, much love man hope you are all good

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #6263 on: August 27, 2020, 01:56:18 PM »
Started the divorce paperwork this week.

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #6264 on: August 28, 2020, 07:56:55 AM »
Last night I had this extremely vivid dream about my good friend that died nearly two years ago. We were in this dingy flat I used to live in, and it sounds lame but rolling these huge joints, anyone remember those “tulip” ones? Those but like a couple feet long haha. Anyway, I was catching up and telling him about all the mad shit that’s happened over the past year, it just felt so real. When I woke up, I reached straight for my phone to text him and tell him about this mad dream I’d had with him, but I just remembered he was dead and was kinda bummed out. But then I felt kinda happy I’d had the chance to catch up with him, even if it was all completely in my head, really weird feeling.

Man, it sucks losing friends, it hits so hard. I still have dreams like that too. Sometimes I just have dreams where I'll meet my pal on the train or something and be like "oh shit you're not dead?" and then we'll just kick it and go skate the city like we used to. It fucking sucks, but like you said, those dreams are actually pretty nice. Guess grief never really leaves you, you just have to live with it or something. Sucks anyway, sorry dude.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6265 on: August 28, 2020, 08:09:35 AM »
Started the divorce paperwork this week.
Sorry you're going through it. The same day I signed my paperwork at the lawyers office, Columbine was happening.

I'm on my second wife.

The divorce from my first wife hurt terribly when I was going through it, and I hope you're not hurting to the degree I felt in that ordeal. I tried everything I could to stay married because I didn't want to be divorced. I couldn't even skate because it hung over me for six months to the point I couldn't enjoy it. It took me about a year to smoke the memories of that past relationship out of my mind.

I am in a happy marriage now thanks to that divorce. I'm still friends with my ex, and I am thankful I got away. She wasn't right for me.

I hope your circumstances right now aren't as painful as mine were. I believe you have a brighter future ahead of you. Hang in there.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6266 on: August 29, 2020, 09:26:02 AM »
Stoked I haven’t fought with my ex girlfriend for weeks, but not stoked it’s because she’s ghosted me for weeks (maybe forever).

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6267 on: September 07, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
My homie Mike held on to a ton of our old stuff.

This old Indy was my first good trucks.  I painted everything black back then to copy my cousin Bones but the deck is likely a veriflex? I had 3 veriflex pigs.

We had crazy madness. Constant construction of Frankentrucks in the 80s.

Hey you wanna run one pro 3 and one g&s for a while? Sure let's do it.

We eventually stopped that. We focus on grind kind kingpins and bushing combos. Loose as possible always.

The sidewinder hanger is a trip. I loved that truck.

This miller board was our back up always. We loved this board.

The g bones I was bummed about. I was bummed on the first complete my folks bought from a co worker.

Black street hawk with trackers g bones and all the plastic crap. My father made me leave on all the plastic shit.

Mike was like just break the plastic stuff one piece at a time.

The tail bone first followed by the copers.

My father stopped trying to put the shit back on after a while. This is someone who never would help with broken shit. He hated skateboarding so anything to make it less fun for me was fun for him. No bullshit.

Mike and his parents helped me stay rolling. Let me hide extra shit in their garage that they sometimes bought me.

We learned impossibles Tre flips basically everything together pretty early on. He had videos I had mags so we would work everything out together.

We made tons of zines. I wish I had those. Anyway

RIP Mike man I wish we didn't stop hanging out. Im sorry bud.

He finished cruising on the only truck that matters it seems.

I miss you bud.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #6268 on: September 07, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
For the last couple years have been trying to make an unbranded Reynolds 1in china   but the factory I'm using got shut down and it's gone but I think I'm going to make my own in india soon

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #6269 on: September 07, 2020, 07:45:28 PM »
there was a clip of a homeless looking dude yelling about one of Louie Lopez's tricks in his new part, and it instantly made me want to watch Baker 3
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it