Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709976 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6360 on: December 22, 2020, 06:06:16 AM »
This guy I don’t get on with, he’s kind of reviled as a kook in Brisbane, well he went round to the bro’s place and I guess the bro don’t get on with him either cause he’s gotten drunk and hit the bro up for a tattoo and the bro’s drawn a fucken swastika on him

I’m pissing myself here but I dunno maybe too far?
listen to cosmic psychos

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6361 on: December 22, 2020, 06:12:59 AM »
This guy I don’t get on with, he’s kind of reviled as a kook in Brisbane, well he went round to the bro’s place and I guess the bro don’t get on with him either cause he’s gotten drunk and hit the bro up for a tattoo and the bro’s drawn a fucken swastika on him

I’m pissing myself here but I dunno maybe too far?

Where about on him is it?

There used to be a bikie run tattoo joint in Adelaide and some guy went in for a tattoo and apparently there were a few subliminal swastikas in it. 
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6362 on: December 22, 2020, 06:23:59 AM »
Man I think it’s on his ring finger hey, but that doesn’t really make sense to me unless it was a subliminal one, like you’d see it and say stop?
It’s a bit late here but I’ll call him in the morning and get the full story
listen to cosmic psychos

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6363 on: December 22, 2020, 08:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Been so anxious about getting finger printed cuz I was worried my new job would find something even though I have no criminal record but still anxious as hell. Got fingerprinted and I just got an email saying its all good and I can start my new job tomorrow. I feel so much better now
[close]

Congrats on the new job! Imagine the anxiety level from a lie detector test. Would blow up the machine or pass out in the seat

I've been through the lie detector for a Federal clearance.  It's crazy.  My mind was just racing the whole time.  Questions like, "Have you ever done this?" "Have you ever seen this?"  I was 26-27 when I took it.  I was never that crazy, but growing up skating you see a lot of things normal people don't.  I had to constantly go through my mental roll a dex and decide what to cop to.   

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #6364 on: December 25, 2020, 07:47:12 PM »
Cheese. I love cheese, but I know it'll make me fat. I have a book on cheeses and love to sample different ones.

Recently been dipping into some fresh Red Leicester that is simply divine.

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #6365 on: December 26, 2020, 06:14:23 AM »
Sizzla I trod forward tah mi muddas yard fi firs time in months. Each morning mi muddas parrot ah whistle anna wake Sizzla up from dream. Disya parrot him seh tings lek "small up yaself" anna him sing barrington levy "murderer."
I an I haff nah white god

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6366 on: December 26, 2020, 06:27:06 AM »
Sizzla I trod forward tah mi muddas yard fi firs time in months. Each morning mi muddas parrot ah whistle anna wake Sizzla up from dream. Disya parrot him seh tings lek "small up yaself" anna him sing barrington levy "murderer."
"Neighborhoods infected then misdirected
It ain't no cure and it's hard to correct it
Bless by the most high cursed by the lowest
Used to think the quick now thoughts travel the slowest"
 ;)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6367 on: December 27, 2020, 06:45:41 PM »
Cheese. I love cheese, but I know it'll make me fat. I have a book on cheeses and love to sample different ones.

I walked out of the past few days more cheese than human

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #6368 on: December 28, 2020, 01:15:26 AM »

Everything in moderation; except sometimes moderation, my friend.
Frontside grind blind on the government

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6369 on: December 28, 2020, 06:03:41 AM »
Having street sessions on the 26th and 27th of December in Quebec is a rarity, so I'm stoked for that.

Only thing is I couldn't skate for shit.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6370 on: December 31, 2020, 08:13:29 AM »
Two days ago I was skating a schoolyard and a kid with his dad showed up, the dad on a penny board (he knew how to push tho) and the kid with a christmas complete and full set of pads. I guess it was his first session. I just so happened to be warmed up and ready to try a line I had been trying for a few days, including an ollie up a concrete ramp, a noseslide on a small ledge, a flatground kickflip and a 50/50 on another small ledge. Got it first try (altho not perfectly stylish but rolled away from all tricks) and the kid and the dad were both in awe, me stoked.

Wanted to do the line a bit cleaner and obviously ate shit on the ledge, cutting my hands on the concrete and bleeding. Kid and dad still watching, dad probably saying to kid: "see that's why you got the pads, son". Not stoked, packed my stuff and left.  :D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #6371 on: December 31, 2020, 08:26:03 AM »
Alright, Pals...I need some advice.

I had to leave my apartment recently. One of my roommates (my friend's girlfriend) did not get along with me, and I fear for her safety as well as my own. Without getting too into the details, it is not a good place for me physically and mentally.

Finding a subletter or people to release the apartment has been tough and I feel as though my roommates are taking their time to fill the room/the whole apartment. I'm living with my girlfriend whilst paying rent at my old place.

Can anyone here offer advice on terminating the lease? Honestly, anything helps.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6372 on: December 31, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »
You're paying for an apt you are not living in? And what do you mean you "fear" for her safety and your own? Can you not control your temper sufficiently?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #6373 on: December 31, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
You're paying for an apt you are not living in? And what do you mean you "fear" for her safety and your own? Can you not control your temper sufficiently?

She's not well and her boyfriend said she's gotten in these fits where he fears she's going to hurt herself.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
« Reply #6374 on: December 31, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She's not well and her boyfriend said she's gotten in these fits where he fears she's going to hurt herself.

My partner had a roommate that was getting into shit to the point where they had lost control of the house. One night she drank a bottle of vodka, ate a bunch of klonopin, and told her girlfriend she wanted to die- that was a wrap- she didn't have family to call, so the house, as a last resort, called 911. Cops came, she was briefly sectioned, moved out of the house, and got the help she needed. She seems to be doing ok 5 years later. If this roommate is that deep into self harm y'all need to get her help rather than carry their shit on your shoulders. look our for yourself
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6375 on: December 31, 2020, 01:40:50 PM »
I see. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry you are in this position.

It sounds like you are in communication with her bf/your friend. What does he say about finding another tenant to take your place? Who is the landlord? Maybe tell your friend/her bf that if you and he are unable to find someone to fill this room before February 1, you are going to contact the landlord/building manager and see what you can do to personally to get out of this uncomfortable situation.

Sadly, I think if she has a total meltdown, the cops come, etc., you probably will have a better case for breaking the lease. Not saying you should instigate that, obviously, just that may be a side effect of that unfortunate situation.

Also, when I was dealing with a loco neighbor and doing a lot of internet research to find out my rights, I remember seeing that, at least in the state of CA, a domestic violence situation automatically invalidated a year-long lease, i.e. there was no way the landlord could try to hold a domestic violence victim in their lease, rightfully so.  Not necessarily your situation and not sure if you are in CA...but it would be beneficial to do an afternoon of internet research on "breaking leases" and "mental health problems, etc."

If you honestly feel your safety is in jeopardy, don't play it down.

The good news is this will be over at some point soon and it will all be behind you. So hang in there.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6376 on: December 31, 2020, 09:54:21 PM »
2020 is over

Today my brother shut off my heat.

Today my stepmother's father died.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6377 on: January 01, 2021, 04:01:45 PM »
me and my girl decided to start the new year with a 3 day juice cleanse, never done one before but figured it couldnt hurt, drank and ate so much junk over the holidays, will be good to flush out the system. On day 2 now, getting through it and feeling good about starting the year fresh but god damn i cant wait for a proper meal

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #6378 on: January 02, 2021, 05:55:22 AM »
I see. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry you are in this position.

It sounds like you are in communication with her bf/your friend. What does he say about finding another tenant to take your place? Who is the landlord? Maybe tell your friend/her bf that if you and he are unable to find someone to fill this room before February 1, you are going to contact the landlord/building manager and see what you can do to personally to get out of this uncomfortable situation.

Sadly, I think if she has a total meltdown, the cops come, etc., you probably will have a better case for breaking the lease. Not saying you should instigate that, obviously, just that may be a side effect of that unfortunate situation.

Also, when I was dealing with a loco neighbor and doing a lot of internet research to find out my rights, I remember seeing that, at least in the state of CA, a domestic violence situation automatically invalidated a year-long lease, i.e. there was no way the landlord could try to hold a domestic violence victim in their lease, rightfully so.  Not necessarily your situation and not sure if you are in CA...but it would be beneficial to do an afternoon of internet research on "breaking leases" and "mental health problems, etc."

If you honestly feel your safety is in jeopardy, don't play it down.

The good news is this will be over at some point soon and it will all be behind you. So hang in there.

Thanks yo!
I'll see what happens after my roommates speak with the tenant union. That should be, at the very least, informative of what options we have.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #6379 on: January 08, 2021, 12:21:15 AM »
Trying to settle all my debts (taxes, bills, etc.)

And, I think I'm going to owe less taxes than I expected. However, I'm still getting fucked because I work in two states that I don't live in.

I'm all for pitching in, but man, paying non-resident income taxes on top of resident income taxes sucks.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #6380 on: January 16, 2021, 01:19:40 PM »
NSFW WARNING NUDES AHEAD

https://www.reddit.com/user/dirtbag_p

if anyone thinks this is violation then delete the post. but its a public reddit that she seems to be enthusiastic about so figured its not crossing any lines.. its kinda funny how reddit it is basically free only fans, but not bc creeps are uploading content. girls just be posting alot of their shit on reddit. dont beleive me try your favorite ig/OF qts on there.

stoked not stoked whatever

free max b
FREE MAX B

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #6381 on: January 17, 2021, 08:19:03 PM »
Dating post-marriage is awesome/terrible all at once.

I've met some amazing people and some horrible people. Some days I feel like a million dollars and others like I have no value. Some days I'm glad to be on my own and be free to do as I please, some days I feel pretty miserable that I have to push through everything on my own without a partner.

This has been insane. Quite a few gnarly ups and downs.

I generally feel better off without the ex, but every now and again there is the thought, "What if I had taken her back when I had the chance?" I mean she is a pretty horrid person, but I wouldn't have been with her if there wasn't something good about her.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6382 on: January 17, 2021, 08:55:35 PM »
Dating post-marriage is awesome/terrible all at once.

I've met some amazing people and some horrible people. Some days I feel like a million dollars and others like I have no value. Some days I'm glad to be on my own and be free to do as I please, some days I feel pretty miserable that I have to push through everything on my own without a partner.

This has been insane. Quite a few gnarly ups and downs.

I generally feel better off without the ex, but every now and again there is the thought, "What if I had taken her back when I had the chance?" I mean she is a pretty horrid person, but I wouldn't have been with her if there wasn't something good about her.

I think those thoughts will slowly fade out, normal to have those hard days but if she was a horrid person you did the right thing and are on the right path my man. Hopefully things fall into place for you sooner than later

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6383 on: January 18, 2021, 09:21:50 AM »
i really believe humans just aren't made to live monogamic or to stay in lifelong relationships. society decides what is deemed normal and healthy which leads to all kinds toxic relationships because people suppress themselves to function how they are supposed to. sure if you have a kid it makes sense to stay together, but most marriages are basically over by the time kids leave the house and already more of a functional relationship. you share the life and goods and responsibilities but you're not about the other person anymore. it's like building a house, once it's done, even if it is flawed, you want to live in it if you build it yourself, saying to yourself "it's not that bad actually, also i can fix this!" even if half of it is covered in mold and shit.

i'm sorry to be this frank, but wishing to be again with a person you describe as horrid just now is a very unhealthy thing to think. you should strive for a good life solo. having a steady partner is cool, but it's also overrated. if you can find happiness and content in staying alone, you've done more good to yourself than many unhappy couples. and then you can go from there to find a partner that has similar strength and build a true synergy instead of mutual dependencies.

stop the active dating thing and just let things happen or focus on how you can improve your life without another person. there is nothing more unsexy than a person that comes off unindependent and devout to the point where you can be an asshole to that person and that person will stay no matter what because their whole selfworth depends on being in a relationship with someone, even a total asshole, and you sound like that devout person rn.

you did the right thing in not taking your horrid ex back.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6384 on: January 18, 2021, 05:40:42 PM »
I did some throw up. I still got it. Then I went to the park after. Rode my aces then my frozen Ventures. I got a few back 80s over the double cones in a line.

There's more scooters than boards. That's not good to see at all. Scooters don't do shit for my brain.

I saw these two kids killing the manny pad.

Then I went to the dispensary and the check out kid compliments my hat. I was like yeah Venture is #1. It's important to buy american product.

He said he switched from Indy to Venture recently. I was like most shalom choice.

He don't slap I don't think because I got no response to the lingo.

Don't scooter. Do slap.

High Speed is worth protecting.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #6385 on: January 19, 2021, 04:49:47 PM »
I went for a run today.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #6386 on: January 20, 2021, 05:57:02 AM »
After a back and forth with the idiot printers I finally got around to putting together my shitty MF DOOM tribute zine and it looks okay.
Again, DM if you want a copy (only 11 of 25 left).
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6387 on: January 20, 2021, 11:40:55 AM »
I applied for some warehouse job under the impression that it was mostly general labor, like unloading trucks and ect, but instead I'll be assembling what seems like louvers and dampers or something.

Which I prefer that over breaking my back at FedEx but I'm really worried whether or not I'll even be able to make it through their training as I haven't been to school since like age 14 when I originally started working general labor, which means I'm also very terrible at math.

I took the offer since they're willing to train me but I'm pretty nervous about embarrassing myself and exposing my inexperience-ness and dyslexia.

But again, I'm also relieved to find something different than heavy general labor for once, just hope I don't fuck it up.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6388 on: January 20, 2021, 06:39:16 PM »
you can do this man, trust yourself, its gonna be fine!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #6389 on: January 21, 2021, 06:26:22 AM »
Saw my uncle for what I think might be the last time . Stage four lung cancer in the covid unit hooked up to a ventilator. Thankful for the nurse that let me in there for the five short minutes while the hospital was completely empty at 4am. Luckier than most I suppose.