Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 714352 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6510 on: July 08, 2021, 10:39:03 AM »
I know I'm a broken record, but dating.

Shit went down exactly as I expected with the ex gf I reunited with. I'm glad to have the time with her but a bit bummed her affection comes in intense bursts. Shit was wild, went from zero to pretty intense (meeting her family, discussing relationship maintenance, constant handholding/making out) to relatively cool out of nowhere. It feels like a HS relationship.

On the plus side, I had a sleep over with a lady who seems to be smart, funny, cute, has an interesting career, and doesn't have children... But she left for a month long vacation the day after our sleep over. Not sure, what'll happen when she gets back.

Stoked to be lucky enough to get dates every now and again, but not stoked on how much work it will take to get back to a point where I have a fucking partner I can actually lean on.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

RENTSTRIKE

• Rep: 8
« Reply #6511 on: July 08, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »
I've got a crush.

Stoked because she's extremely cool and sweet, way out of my league, and rumor has it she likes me, too.

Not stoked for myriad reasons. I'm a few months out of a 4.5 year relationship and have been trying not to date for a little while to work on myself. On top of that she's 5 years younger than me (21 to my 26) and best friends with my brother's girlfriend. I've been letting her take the lead because of the age gap and because want to be respectful of my brother & his gf's space. Really don't want to cause problems in their relationship or friend group, but the chemistry/tension feels pretty undeniable at this point.

Chasing these young girls around the bars on the weekend is starting to run me ragged, too.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6512 on: July 13, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »
i had one of "those" shifts.

i was alone, it was way too crowded, at some point i got pretty pissed at some people. it was still sick though. i got tipped hilariously good. i'm gonna buy a new board tomorrow.

also been meeting a super cool woman for some time but even though we have real good vibes there's like no real mojo between us yet. that's hard with me anyway, but i still enjoy her company a lot. she is supersmart and interesting. i actually think she must be convinced i'm gay haha. for a while i thought she fancied me but now i'm not so sure anymore. she probably kind of came to terms that i might be gay/asexual/weird. this is strangely liberating for me, no stressing out about some weird dating etiquette. the conversations with her are thus more like you would have with a homie in tone, but generally about crazy science stuff. so i wouldn't want to miss her, but with me being really slow in developing romantic feelings or interest i might have blown that opportunity already, which kind of sucks. but overall i'm very stoked i've got to know her and we became buddies.   

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6513 on: July 21, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »
how i enjoy drinking white claw

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6514 on: July 21, 2021, 06:42:31 PM »
They’re so expensive here but yeah they’re good
listen to cosmic psychos

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #6515 on: July 21, 2021, 07:03:02 PM »
White Claw kinda freaks me out. Where the hell is it made?

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #6516 on: July 21, 2021, 07:08:05 PM »
I was wrapping this job up just before and I acid washed this concrete floor inside a hoarding I was using for crib room for 3 months and I know better but I was in a rush I deadset splashed undiluted hydrochloric in my left eye fucking wigged out, the eye wash was maybe 50m away but I had this bucket of grout water and a sponge fucking got it straight in there honestly it didn’t really hurt

So I’m stoked I either got a magiceye, impervious to shite or I’m gonna wake up blind haha nah I think I’m right

This sounds corny but there is always time for safety

Ohh my godddddddddddd. How's ur eye?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6517 on: July 21, 2021, 07:22:43 PM »
It’s fine mate I thought everything was slightly darker the next day but I am pretty sure was in all in my head

I did google it and it’s not really ideal at all haha but I think I got it all out really quick, I shit myself a bit at the time though
listen to cosmic psychos

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #6518 on: July 21, 2021, 08:40:05 PM »
Damn that's crazyyyy.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6519 on: July 22, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
They’ve done it, someone’s invented a wearable chair
But it’s 900 bucks ffs
listen to cosmic psychos

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6520 on: July 23, 2021, 03:14:37 PM »
Ain't no laws when you drink white claws. Ain't no rulies when you're drinking trulys.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6521 on: July 23, 2021, 05:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ain't no laws when you drink white claws. Ain't no rulies when you're drinking trulys.

thanks, this made me feel better about the whole white claw thing.

sketchyrider

« Reply #6522 on: July 24, 2021, 05:24:49 AM »
Got cool guyed at the park, which is lame in some ways but also kinda refreshing cause you're like a kid again. Also motivates me to skate more cause the BS and pretense doesn't matter but the skating does.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6523 on: July 29, 2021, 06:24:06 AM »
I moved to Edinburgh 2 years ago and have had truly awful neighbours for the last year. Our house was on the market for 8 months and has finally sold, but in the time it's taken to sell, my partner of 10 years and I have decided to split. Most of the cash in the flat is mine but we've agreed she'll get the cat, which is a bummer.

The bank says I'm good to port my mortgage to a new property and while work is tough as fuck but generally captivating, I'm getting itchy feet. There are jobs outside of Scotland for more money and independence, including Oxford and Canberra where I have actual friends and half of the general population doesn't hate me because of my clipped English accent.

Monthly mortgage repayments are probably 2/3 the cost of renting my own place, but buying has its own risks. Though not immediate, moving seems like a rash decision. Skating in Scotland is pretty whack and the political situation is obscene, but Edinburgh is a joy and it's good to be so close to my ailing grandmother.

I reckon I'll buy a little flat with the aim of staying for at least another couple of years. What do you reckon?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6524 on: August 01, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
I moved to Edinburgh 2 years ago and have had truly awful neighbours for the last year. Our house was on the market for 8 months and has finally sold, but in the time it's taken to sell, my partner of 10 years and I have decided to split. Most of the cash in the flat is mine but we've agreed she'll get the cat, which is a bummer.

The bank says I'm good to port my mortgage to a new property and while work is tough as fuck but generally captivating, I'm getting itchy feet. There are jobs outside of Scotland for more money and independence, including Oxford and Canberra where I have actual friends and half of the general population doesn't hate me because of my clipped English accent.

Monthly mortgage repayments are probably 2/3 the cost of renting my own place, but buying has its own risks. Though not immediate, moving seems like a rash decision. Skating in Scotland is pretty whack and the political situation is obscene, but Edinburgh is a joy and it's good to be so close to my ailing grandmother.

I reckon I'll buy a little flat with the aim of staying for at least another couple of years. What do you reckon?

Sounds like a plan.  I am a huge fan of Scotland and if I were you I‘d stay there, it‘s literally one of the most beautiful parts of the world, in particular the islands.

On topic: I am stoked I finally got the hang of my DLX dreamer shape after four months. But now the deck starts falling apart and I‘ll have to set up a new one soon and I am afraid I‘ll have to learn everything from scratch, so not stoked on that prospect.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6525 on: August 02, 2021, 02:06:50 PM »
wormwood

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #6526 on: August 03, 2021, 07:21:21 AM »
My homie is leaving for New York and I’m kinda bummed but he’s giving me his screen press

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6527 on: August 11, 2021, 08:06:11 PM »
Longest day ever.

Talking to programs and lawyers. Then I spent the rest of the night collecting tools and car stuff.

I got the solo werks coilovers from ecs. Going to do that tomorrow and then I got get gear oil in the transmission. I think that's easy.

I figured this Jetta will be my rolling car parts storage. every time I get something I'll throw it on till I start as a drug counselor
 Then I'll find a clean Mk4 move all my new parts over to a cleaner car.

I hope everyone is well. I'm going to sleep
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6528 on: August 16, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »

Frickin fill plug on the transmission won't budge. I didn't strip it. I gotta find help tomorrow.

I been doing paperwork that a counselor is supposed to be doing for me. All my new people are green af. The brown is 2/7 like over it.

The court won't except my emails. I got the address 2x from the clerk and they are gaming me or some shit.

Stoke that my street is getting paved.
I got a hill a down ledge and a flat bar.

I was asked to do some work I had to say no because I watch the kids.

Once this is paved to the top I'm going to film a trick
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #6529 on: August 16, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »
Fly fishing is fucking awesome just still ain't catch shit

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6530 on: August 21, 2021, 01:11:54 PM »
Stoked that I got my first two switch pop shove its today. Not stoked that my kickflips are still off after I replaced my bushings.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #6531 on: August 21, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »
Watching this kind of subpar horror movie on Shudder called “Jakobs Wife” and Omar Salazar popped up in it.  Didn’t know he was trying to be an actor
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Fhk

« Reply #6532 on: August 22, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »
On my way home from work I saw a kid holding a skateboard and realized he used to live in my little mountain town. From what I heard he was growing up in some fucked up shit and had to move to NH for those reasons. Then I noticed in my rear view he was trying to learn to Ollie. I went back and gave him some tips and left off with telling him to never lose that love for skating because it can almost anyone through hell and back. I was stoked that He seemed to know what I meant. Not stoked because I can only imagine what that kid has been through.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6533 on: August 22, 2021, 04:59:02 PM »
On my way home from work I saw a kid holding a skateboard and realized he used to live in my little mountain town. From what I heard he was growing up in some fucked up shit and had to move to NH for those reasons. Then I noticed in my rear view he was trying to learn to Ollie. I went back and gave him some tips and left off with telling him to never lose that love for skating because it can almost anyone through hell and back. I was stoked that He seemed to know what I meant. Not stoked because I can only imagine what that kid has been through.

this is the way to truth. big ups, brother
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Fhk

« Reply #6534 on: August 22, 2021, 05:44:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is the way to truth. big ups, brother
Yessah...And on and on it goes!

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #6535 on: August 22, 2021, 06:31:43 PM »
Maaaaan, as of this morning, I can't really taste or smell anything. Like my car usually smells pretty intense, especially if the windows are closed for a week, and i went in there to get something today and couldn't smell anything gnarly so that was kind of amusing/interesting. rather than terrified, I'm trying to be amused and interested by what is hopefully a temporary loss of smell and taste. I just ate a clove of garlic without flinching. My gal stuck her nose in my mouth on an exhale and couldn't smell anything. If circumstances were different, I could go into a bar and win bets by eating whole onions like an apple and dumb shit like that. But really, I hope I start to smell again soon. I'm supposed to be running 100% new fuel line on my van once I'm not feeling gross and that's an area where the sense of smell is of utmost importance :-\
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #6536 on: August 24, 2021, 05:10:45 AM »
I was getting back to work after my lunch break, walking by restaurants. As I always do I checked  the people eating and what they are eating. My eyes stops on one man. Tom fucking Penny, I walked by gazing him like crazy, could not believe it, then he looked at me as I was walking away. I did the weirdest hand gesture, he did not even responded, I am not even sur he thought It was meant for him. So pretty awkward but I saw Penny in the wild. Funny thing is that  I was watching a bunch of his parts yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:49:21 AM by dallou »
check my music

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #6537 on: August 24, 2021, 11:09:48 AM »
It’s funny going back to school as an adult and seeing the ways loser insecure professors and administrators try to bully and intimidate students that they deem inferior or too young to know better.  Funny and infuriating.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6538 on: August 25, 2021, 02:42:43 PM »
I was getting back to work after my lunch break, walking by restaurants. As I always do I checked  the people eating and what they are eating. My eyes stops on one man. Tom fucking Penny, I walked by gazing him like crazy, could not believe it, then he looked at me as I was walking away. I did the weirdest hand gesture, he did not even responded, I am not even sur he thought It was meant for him. So pretty awkward but I saw Penny in the wild. Funny thing is that  I was watching a bunch of his parts yesterday.

Fantastic.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #6539 on: August 25, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »
So…..what was he he eating?!