Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 716008 times)

Lil Ricky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -216
  • Legends Never Die
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6540 on: August 25, 2021, 05:58:15 PM »
It’s funny going back to school as an adult and seeing the ways loser insecure professors and administrators try to bully and intimidate students that they deem inferior or too young to know better.  Funny and infuriating.

Just remember this famous quote- Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #6541 on: August 29, 2021, 09:42:58 PM »
Just slipped walking up my basement stairs and hit my shins real good. Didn’t spill a drop of my whiskey though.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #6542 on: August 30, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »
The tinnitus in my right ear is catching up to the tinnitus in my left ear and now they sound more balanced

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6543 on: September 06, 2021, 06:09:04 PM »
being kinda over pubg until the new season which starts soon. winning in solo doesnt count but should. they got panzerfausts in the game now though. requires proper distance marking and trajectory

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6544 on: September 07, 2021, 12:34:13 AM »
The tinnitus in my right ear is catching up to the tinnitus in my left ear and now they sound more balanced

aw shit, man. don't it suck? I started out with only right ear tinnitus 2 years back and now it's both of them. At least I'm pretty much used to it now. Even when it's really loud, it's not as bad as it was when it first came on and I thought all the electrical connections in the cabin I was living in were faulty. Honest to god, tShere were a few nights where I unplugged every appliance in the house. I felt pretty crazy...

Not stoked on being unable to skate/run/bike due to post-covid breathing difficulties. It's getting better every day though, but this wildfire smoke is no bueno too.

Since I haven't been able to go skate or anything fun like that, I've just been sticking around the crib for the most part and really learning to wrench on the 85 VW van we bought. Whole fuel system, tank, lines, etc, redone last week or so. Couple days ago I did the 2nd round of deep interior cleaning and it's looking nice. More importantly, it smells like nothing as opposed to dog and backwoods. Today I lowered engine to remove exhaust, engine supports, engine mounts. cleaning up all the grime, sanding/wirewheeling everything down for paint and restoration. Gonna throw the new exhaust system on tomorrow between classes. Or at least start. Gotta replace boots and repack the OE CV joints next weekend. Homie gave me a spare 1.9L with only 20k miles in it that needs to be resealed and it's good to go for a backup engine. Looking forward to learning about head gaskets so I can eventually replace em on my Subaru instead of paying a shop $2800 bones to do it. I'm spending all my free time under the van and it's pretty sweet. started at 11am today and finished up around 9pm. Shit's pretty tight.   
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6545 on: September 09, 2021, 10:43:56 AM »

Drug videos. I've been fairly obsessed for years, as they were a way into understanding my brothers herion addiction. It's been 3 years since he's passed, and I still always click on this shit. This particular series takes place in Florida and follows two former addicts who try to help other, mostly homeless addicts. People try to get clean sometimes, but hardly anyone does and any time someone dies I break down and cry. It's just so sad seeing what addiction does to so many people. The shit hurts, but I can't look away.

The up side is that I feel comforted knowing that there are people out there really trying to help others who are struggling. I think it takes a great person to do what these guys do.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #6546 on: September 09, 2021, 02:50:59 PM »

Drug videos. I've been fairly obsessed for years, as they were a way into understanding my brothers herion addiction. It's been 3 years since he's passed, and I still always click on this shit. This particular series takes place in Florida and follows two former addicts who try to help other, mostly homeless addicts. People try to get clean sometimes, but hardly anyone does and any time someone dies I break down and cry. It's just so sad seeing what addiction does to so many people. The shit hurts, but I can't look away.

The up side is that I feel comforted knowing that there are people out there really trying to help others who are struggling. I think it takes a great person to do what these guys do.

Yeah I watch a ton of drug & prison videos too, and always feel conflicted about it

I’ve also been following that series, the guy with the gnarly scars seems like a goon sometimes (I remember in one episode he quotes some Atmosphere lyrics) but overall a really good guy

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6547 on: September 10, 2021, 01:39:05 PM »
autumn. but time

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #6548 on: September 13, 2021, 03:08:18 AM »
Breaking up with my partner of 3 years. It was fun for a year or two.. Last year has been full of burnouts, depression and breaking boundaries. Exhausting to say the least.

What I'm stoked on is not wasting time on doomed relationships like I have done in the past. Also having a lover helps with my need of affection. I just need to be careful not to take it further than that.

I don't know makes me ponder why my relationships always last about 3 years...

blahhh

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6549 on: September 13, 2021, 05:54:53 AM »
had to buy a new smartphone, heavy dent in my funds, but i need it and i got a reasonably nice one, i guess. i hope.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6550 on: September 21, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »
A five guys opened near me. Burgers and fries are my favorite food(basic I know but whatever). I know five guys is rated highly but never saw what they made. Looks like they make those stupid burgers that are way too tall. It's like all the places that make good burgers don't know what a human mouth look like

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6551 on: September 21, 2021, 10:50:53 AM »
A five guys opened near me. Burgers and fries are my favorite food(basic I know but whatever). I know five guys is rated highly but never saw what they made. Looks like they make those stupid burgers that are way too tall. It's like all the places that make good burgers don't know what a human mouth look like

That whole restaurant is highly overrated IMO.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #6552 on: September 21, 2021, 04:42:48 PM »
Just went through a 6.0 earthquake

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6553 on: September 21, 2021, 08:27:14 PM »
Stoked that after 5 weeks I'm feeling a lot better from Covid.

Not stoked that my lungs are still feeling pretty crappy and I could only skate for 30 minutes today. Doubly not stoked that since I got covid, weed food isn't having an effect any more. I took 4 weeks off and my tolerance should be low. Not doing a damn thing.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6554 on: September 22, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »
glad to hear you are better now @IusedToSkateMore

i had a nightcap with my colleague of an old fashioned with wild turkey 101 rye. pretty buzzed, haha. it creeped up on me on my way home. not too stoked that i started to habitually drink a bit here and there, but so far i've been keeping it low key. let's say as the bartender it was my duty to test the new rye. we used to not stock rye. it's way better than bourbon imo.

i also made a ton of tip today. but i'm starting to study again in october and it's gonna be hard to keep up the current pace at work. between my closing shifts i have to do barista and cocktail classes for the newbies in the morning and rn it feels like crunch time.

also the bar and club i work for is gonna open up like for real again this weekend. they dropped curfews and mask regulations if you only let vaccinated or recovered guests in and this means i'll make lots of money the coming weekends, but ill also be wrecked as fuck. and i'm actually too old to do more than three nightshifts at the bar a week.

last but not least i'm stoked i'm about going back to uni again and hopefully finally getting a degree. but i'm also terrified that i'm a too slow learner now due to my age. i wasn't bad in maths at school, but i didn't pay a lot of attention, either. and i'm gonna have to learn and understand a shit ton of higher mathematics. i'm just trying to psyche myself up for it.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6555 on: September 23, 2021, 02:03:34 AM »
Pinga shits
listen to cosmic psychos

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6556 on: September 24, 2021, 07:37:16 AM »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6557 on: September 24, 2021, 11:53:56 AM »
My already super chonky cat, Cammie, is eating the dog's food sometimes even when he's trying to eat. She hisses at him and poor guy looks so pitiful and whines. It's a happy sad scene.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #6558 on: September 24, 2021, 12:11:52 PM »
Pinga shits

Lol

They can be enjoyable. As gross as that is.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6559 on: September 24, 2021, 07:10:47 PM »
They can be amazing hey

So I came here to post, so I drink right and I have been aware for some time that I am probably an alcoholic

I broke my phone drunk last night and woke up cracked a beer and realised I had to get a taxi to cash converters to buy a new iPhone

But to order the taxi I had to walk up to the bro’s place
He drinks and gets seizures when he doesn’t drink
We had a chat and he told me he’s going to rehab Monday, he’s gonna he there two weeks
It’s cause he’s a pisshead
I don’t wanna be a pisshead anymore
I have ten tooheys news left just gonna send it
I’m quitting drinking with my mate
listen to cosmic psychos

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6560 on: September 24, 2021, 08:30:19 PM »
so right, I'm back in grad school finishing up my final year. This first semester anyways is via Zoom again. It's actually not so bad- On class days, I don't have to leave the house/property and can just chill out in my robe, drinking chai, watching videos, reading, and playing guitar. Sleep a little more, drive a little less. Pretty sweet, but anyways that's neither here nor there in regards to stoked but not stoked

I've got this instructor who I find to be a very attractive and she's a really great instructor, so, all around, I look forward to the class. This past week, I log on about 5-10 minutes early and am the first person to log in. Only thing on the screen is her photo and I say to myself, "damn, man. shit. she's hot as hell. I'd hit that" or something like that (because yes, I'm closer to 40 than 30 and I still talk to myself like a high schooler when I'm alone). I walk away to go drop a deuce or something before class starts. I come back and have a DM from the instructor that says "your mic is on fyi."

BROOOOOO NOOOOOOOO

not stoked because it was a bonehead move but stoked because although it's kind of embarrassing, it's funny as heck and I'm glad it wasn't something worse!!!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #6561 on: September 25, 2021, 02:14:01 PM »
Im high as fuck on my brothers wedding right now

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6562 on: September 25, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »
Just turned 37 but have managed to skate every day for 3 weeks straight, lost 10lbs, but now my ankle is fucked and I can barely walk.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #6563 on: September 25, 2021, 04:58:15 PM »
Just turned 37 but have managed to skate every day for 3 weeks straight, lost 10lbs, but now my ankle is fucked and I can barely walk.

@Cuban_Lynx

Happy birthday.

Get stoked on this…

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/politic-steve-durante-purple-tape-deck-8-147-6570143023159/

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #6564 on: September 25, 2021, 11:03:36 PM »
Congrats!
I’m the same age and I’d be dead after three straight days.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6565 on: September 26, 2021, 09:31:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@Cuban_Lynx

Happy birthday.

Get stoked on this…

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/politic-steve-durante-purple-tape-deck-8-147-6570143023159/
Thanks @GardenSkater77 and @whale!!!

If they put out an 8.5 Durante I might have to get one, but my wife is starting to get pissy about my board collection. I went from about 15 boards in 2019 to 100+ in 2021  :-\

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #6566 on: September 26, 2021, 06:13:01 PM »
I turned 36 today.

So I had a good time for the first half of the day. Saw a friend of mine I haven't seen in awhile and we skated, always a good time with him. Watched a bowl jam and talked with some good people.

After that, I met up with another couple friends and we had another session where I mainly filmed them. I rode my bike to the spot but didn't lock it up, as we were close to a busy intersection with a lot of cars, and I was pretty close to it the whole time.

To make a long story short, some shirtless weirdo who was clearly on something came up to us and started to go for my bike. I grabbed my bike and my friend's bag and started to leave. My friend brought a broom to the session to sweep up rocks as well.

This dude grabbed the broom and started to chase my friends and I as we booked it from the spot. He swung the broom and hit me hard between the right side of my chest and my right shoulder. I didn't stop, I just kept running with my bike, and my board, and my friend's bag.

I basically ran into a busy intersection (but cars were slowing down because of the situation) and the guy started to chase us further. I got behind a building, my friend came up behind me, I gave him his bag and we parted ways. He went to his car, and I biked home. On my way I saw the dude who attacked us yelling at cars on the main street.

Pretty fucked up way to celebrate a birthday, but at least my bike wasn't stolen and my friend got his bag back. I've got a couple cuts and bruises but nothing severe, thankfully.

And to top it all off, I've had severe personal issues lately, and so I'm letting the stress of today's encounter try to fade away, while I have everything else running through my mind.

Here's hoping this year will be better than the last.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6567 on: September 29, 2021, 09:57:03 AM »
New Scottish show called the victim. Good acting and feels good so far. I've been disappointed by crime mysteries lately (deadwater fell, whatever that Nicole Kidman one was called) so hopefully it doesn't go to shit.

Not stoked it's on tv so I have to wait a week for each episode. I'm usually good at pacing myself (I don't believe in binging) but there's fuck all else on so I'm bored. Also the subject matter of the show is heavy from every angle so it's definately not a "fun" show.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6568 on: September 30, 2021, 12:43:20 AM »
Happy Birthday and stay up, Madam, I'm Adam.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6569 on: September 30, 2021, 01:58:39 AM »
I turned 36 today.

So I had a good time for the first half of the day. Saw a friend of mine I haven't seen in awhile and we skated, always a good time with him. Watched a bowl jam and talked with some good people.

After that, I met up with another couple friends and we had another session where I mainly filmed them. I rode my bike to the spot but didn't lock it up, as we were close to a busy intersection with a lot of cars, and I was pretty close to it the whole time.

To make a long story short, some shirtless weirdo who was clearly on something came up to us and started to go for my bike. I grabbed my bike and my friend's bag and started to leave. My friend brought a broom to the session to sweep up rocks as well.

This dude grabbed the broom and started to chase my friends and I as we booked it from the spot. He swung the broom and hit me hard between the right side of my chest and my right shoulder. I didn't stop, I just kept running with my bike, and my board, and my friend's bag.

I basically ran into a busy intersection (but cars were slowing down because of the situation) and the guy started to chase us further. I got behind a building, my friend came up behind me, I gave him his bag and we parted ways. He went to his car, and I biked home. On my way I saw the dude who attacked us yelling at cars on the main street.

Pretty fucked up way to celebrate a birthday, but at least my bike wasn't stolen and my friend got his bag back. I've got a couple cuts and bruises but nothing severe, thankfully.

And to top it all off, I've had severe personal issues lately, and so I'm letting the stress of today's encounter try to fade away, while I have everything else running through my mind.

Here's hoping this year will be better than the last.

That’s fucked and I’m sorry to hear that
You don’t want shit on your birthday
This sounds fucked but you can full smash those sorts of people I mean you’ll get away with it even like 3-4 on one, cunts got a weapon man

Happy birthday bro!

You get older and you realise that filming something nicelily and getting in on a sesh at a spot you have no chance of skating, well, it could be a lot worse mate

Came here to post so a couple days ago I got Rosie
this raw pork meat from a pet butcher

She fucking loved it

I got home late and they were closed so I got the best stuff I could find at Woolworths

She won’t eat it

I’m stoked on my little toy dog only fucking with raw meat

So I got two eye fillets tonight and I was gonna save one for tomorrow but I’m gonna cut the cunt up raw and give it to her

She’s earned it
listen to cosmic psychos