Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 710046 times)

Watitdo

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6270 on: September 08, 2020, 12:09:02 AM »
Just found out those one wheel skateboards are electronic.

Gary Bucket

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #6271 on: September 08, 2020, 03:19:49 PM »
Year 4 of trade school Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 6-9pm tonight til February. On zoom though so dairy free ice cream and clash royale Tuesday and thursdays 6-9pm

EDIT: 60 plumbers with their mics on simultaneously. This is hell. No stoke
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:45:47 PM by Gary Gloverberg »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #6272 on: September 09, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »
Back in June I slammed really hard and, among other things, hurt my wrist really badly. I went to a late night urgent care to make sure nothing was broken and they said it was just sprained. Progress sorta plateau’d after about a month so I went back to my primary for a second opinion yesterday and it’s absolutely broken. A minor fracture, but fractured nonetheless, and I’ve more or less been ignoring it for most of the summer.

I’m bummed about it, but I’m also stoked to know I wasn’t crazy in thinking it was more than a sprain and to actually have a specific diagnosis to try and heal. Just hoping that since it’s taken this long to figure out that it hasn’t healed in some sorta weird way, but since it’s a fairly minor injury they said it was unlikely.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6273 on: September 09, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
Last night I had this extremely vivid dream about my good friend that died nearly two years ago. We were in this dingy flat I used to live in, and it sounds lame but rolling these huge joints, anyone remember those “tulip” ones? Those but like a couple feet long haha. Anyway, I was catching up and telling him about all the mad shit that’s happened over the past year, it just felt so real. When I woke up, I reached straight for my phone to text him and tell him about this mad dream I’d had with him, but I just remembered he was dead and was kinda bummed out. But then I felt kinda happy I’d had the chance to catch up with him, even if it was all completely in my head, really weird feeling.

Those dreams, those dreams that are so real you can swear you experienced something, I used to refer to them as astral vacations.

Sorry about your friend, I think/dream about the ones that passed too often.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6274 on: September 10, 2020, 08:27:07 AM »
Not at work right now because my search and rescue team is on call waiting to see if we have to go out and help with wildfire evacuations again today.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6275 on: September 10, 2020, 10:36:28 AM »
long ass hours sitting in an office chair working and shit posture in general have begun to give me a wicked hunch and my back hurts all the time. stoked that i have sick wenning steeze now though

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6276 on: September 10, 2020, 12:53:56 PM »
Not at work right now because my search and rescue team is on call waiting to see if we have to go out and help with wildfire evacuations again today.

where are you? we've been fortunate on the north coast of CA, but they're getting closer. 45 minutes in any direction are areas being evacuated. Thanks for doing what you do and stay as safe as possible
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • grinding to a halt
« Reply #6277 on: September 10, 2020, 03:36:04 PM »
I'm in Portland. Shit is getting pretty gnarly just outside of the city.

FTW

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6278 on: September 12, 2020, 04:06:24 PM »
Got a dope tat it's like half done. Took like 3 hrs.
Maybe I'll post it idk.

I forget what to put on it. Lol
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6279 on: September 13, 2020, 05:12:53 PM »
Got another board from my homie Mike. Rip

This is the deck graphic my smashing swastika was based on.

The first thing my brother picked up was his demo from 20 years ago. Then Ian picked up a mix he made in jr high.

Trippy frickin stuff. Is almost like the dead is talking to us.

I don't believe in that sort of thing.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6280 on: September 13, 2020, 05:13:32 PM »
Oops

(A)pl(E)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6281 on: September 14, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »
I was hungry and lazy so I filled a waffle cone with butter pecan ice cream and ate it.

Then I ate two more of the same.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #6282 on: September 15, 2020, 05:15:47 AM »
Covid, right? Sucky, not stoked on it. I used to rely on public transportation, but since covid popped off I’ve been skating most everywhere. I had to buy some cruiser wheels to make it work efficiently, but it’s actually been dope. Also, cruising switch has really improved my switch push, balance, leg strength, etc. Crisis, opportunity.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:25:50 AM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #6283 on: September 16, 2020, 12:05:21 AM »
Hiked a mountain. But overworked my patella and haven’t been able to skate for weeks now.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #6284 on: September 27, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »
Started playing guitar again after about a decade long break. Was very surprised by how much I remembered. However, I picked it up to learn Led Zeppelin songs- specifically, Bron Y Aur Stomp. I never did hybrid picking in the past and sucked and fast picking, so this song is wildly frustrated to learn. Stoked I am learning it but not stoked on how stupid I feel trying to learn technique

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #6285 on: September 28, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »
basic shit but straight up- food/paying for food. where my scrawny sk8 trash @?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6286 on: October 01, 2020, 08:37:58 AM »
Ha frickin ha.

.. but now I gotta wait for a aural confirmation that the opposition is gathering too close for comfort. I am not a Democrat it's obvious from a distance. It's not obvious I'm not the one. I fuck.....

I'm going to the dentist rn. Just got the call whilst posting this. I hate the dentist. The dentist hates me.

They are not cool. It would not surprise me if they rocked the gold and black

I need teeth desperately but they want to keep patching the 5 I got wired into the front of my face.

Fucking hell

(A)pl(E)

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #6287 on: October 01, 2020, 09:04:06 AM »
Ha frickin ha.

.. but now I gotta wait for a aural confirmation that the opposition is gathering too close for comfort. I am not a Democrat it's obvious from a distance. It's not obvious I'm not the one. I fuck.....

I'm going to the dentist rn. Just got the call whilst posting this. I hate the dentist. The dentist hates me.

I need teeth desperately but they want to keep patching the 5 I got wired into the front of my face.

Fucking hell

dude i randomly came across your youtube haha

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6288 on: October 01, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Ha frickin ha.

Fucking hell

[close]
dude i randomly came across your youtube haha

Lol. That funny. You ride ventures?
(A)pl(E)

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #6289 on: October 02, 2020, 06:26:32 AM »
I've been getting really emotional and usually am not that kind of person at all.
Watched the "Leap Home" episode of Quantum Leap today and cried about 3-4 times (possibly due to the family thing and my family being so far away).

In a way I think it's actually a good thing, I've never really gotten emotional about leaving my family in the UK and this kinda feels like it's helping.

"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #6290 on: October 03, 2020, 11:30:34 PM »
I got out and skated for the first time in 4 months today, stoked that things are calming down here virus wise.

Not stoked at just how shitty my skating has gotten, a lot of rust to shake off in the next few weeks

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6291 on: October 04, 2020, 06:56:19 AM »

This was on my thing when I got home. They thought I was going to be happy about it so I was like Ahhh some!?!?

I'm going to get frickin killed on this. I was pretty clear that I wanted 6" of Crust at the bottom so it is like a parachute. I'm I'm going to be going mach3 when I got the bottom
(A)pl(E)

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • grinding to a halt
« Reply #6292 on: October 08, 2020, 12:30:33 AM »
Wrote some poetry/song lyrics tonight for the first time in a long time. Not exactly comfortable where the feelings came from. Feel like it comes off as some sappy bootleg Bukouski folk song. And no, I won't share it.

FTW

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6293 on: October 08, 2020, 07:49:01 AM »
I quit my FedEx package handler job today.
I had a buddy that was a package handler (plenty of jokes made) for FedEx. That fool jacked some PS3's and had them at his house before we even got those shits in at gamestop.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #6294 on: October 10, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
My mom gave me this because she thinks I'm gay and tries to make me feel comfortable about coming out. Not a Trump fan, but I did laugh at how dumb this was.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6295 on: October 11, 2020, 08:51:20 AM »
My mom gave me this because she thinks I'm gay and tries to make me feel comfortable about coming out. Not a Trump fan, but I did laugh at how dumb this was.

That's pretty stupid.

Why does she think you're gay? My grandma would often flat out ask me if I was because I would just act silly with her and I was the black sheep among her grandkids.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #6296 on: October 11, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »
^Pretty much the same reason. I was goofy and she's just from a different generation. Love you mom!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6297 on: October 15, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
Getting surgery in less than a week. I got elbowed really hard playing basketball in high school and broke my nose. It’s been crooked ever since and I’ve had some annoying breathing problems. Finally getting that shit fixed, just bummed I can’t do much or skate for a week when I’m making so much progress lately. Every trick I accepted I’d never have, has finally started to land or make sense. I reallly don’t want to lose any progression or get rusty.
 On the other hand I’ve been skating stairs and rails a lot lately so my legs are always shot. It will be a good week break on the legs. I’ll also breathe better and look marginally better I guess

Your going to be so stoked about your nose being fixed you'll be floating to the spot after that week.

Probably going to be skating better than ever.
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #6298 on: October 15, 2020, 09:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Getting surgery in less than a week. I got elbowed really hard playing basketball in high school and broke my nose. It’s been crooked ever since and I’ve had some annoying breathing problems. Finally getting that shit fixed, just bummed I can’t do much or skate for a week when I’m making so much progress lately. Every trick I accepted I’d never have, has finally started to land or make sense. I reallly don’t want to lose any progression or get rusty.
 On the other hand I’ve been skating stairs and rails a lot lately so my legs are always shot. It will be a good week break on the legs. I’ll also breathe better and look marginally better I guess
[close]

Your going to be so stoked about your nose being fixed you'll be floating to the spot after that week.

[close]
This is the positivity I come to slap for. Shalom

Good luck with the surgery. I broke the shit out of my nose and had to get it fixed when I was younger. The first few nights sucked, but, overall, the recovery isn't that bad. I just wouldn't want to go through it again. (Make sure to sneeze through your mouth.)

Stoked and not stoked on the past month. My life is all over the place right now. Some days it is just one shitty thing after another and other days it is just good news on top of good news. In some respects this is a little too exciting.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 09:23:17 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #6299 on: October 15, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This is the positivity I come to slap for. Shalom
I had my deviated septum fixed 2 years ago. I was out for at least 3 weeks. Make sure you rinse that shit out constantly and don't let it get dry.